都是孤注一掷
And prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut.
最终总能虎口逃生
Uh!
None of you stray dogs would last a fleeting moment.
你们这些废物 一分钟都撑不过
Except one.
除了这一个
This sad, battered thracian stood against four in the arena.
这个受了重伤的色雷斯人
在竞技场上面对四位对手
Condemned to die, given nothing but a sword to wager his life upon.
本被判了死刑
生死悬于一剑之上
They came at him!
对手重创相加
Again and again and again!
一遍又一遍
Uh!
Uh!
He defied death! Fate! The gods themselves!
他逃避死亡 反抗命运 违命神明
Raaaa!
Yaaaa!
Argh! Argh!
Yaaaaa! Uh!
Spartacus…. Spartacus…Spartacus…
斯巴达克斯 斯巴达克斯 斯巴达克斯
Gaze at this man!
看看这个人
Study him. And realize…
研究一下他 就会发现
He is nothing.
他不过是个废物
A coward. A deserter from the auxiliary.
他是个懦夫 辅备军的逃兵
His victory in the arena, as hollow as his courage.
他在决斗场的胜利
跟他的勇气一样乏善可陈
He fought against the il l-trained men of Solonius,
他干掉了主人的对手索罗尼斯手下
your master’s rival.
疏于训练武艺不精的角斗士
Had Spartacus entered the arena with any gladiator here…
如果当时斯巴达克斯是
跟这里任意一个角斗士决斗
His head would have left well in advance of his body!
他早就身首异处了
The thracian disagrees.
这个色雷斯人有异议
A demonstration, perhaps?
要不来场演示吧
Crixus!
克雷斯
Practice swords.
拿训练用剑
Prove us wrong, Spartacus.
来证明我说错了 斯巴达克斯
Pick it up.
捡起来
Spartacus!
斯巴达克斯
That is not my name.
那不是我的名字
Grrr!
Your name, your life, is what we decide.
你的名字 你的死活 都由我们决定
Perhaps the coward requires advantage to still his trembling knees.
也许懦夫需要点优待
好让自己的腿不发抖
Gladius!
拿竞技用剑
Pick it up.
捡起来
I can do nothing with this one.
我对他没办法
Send him to the mines.
把他送到矿区吧
Uh!
Feeling rested, are we?
缓过劲来了对吧
An attack must be grounded in proper footing.
攻击必须基于稳定的步法
He attempts to press before regaining balance.
他在没有掌握平衡前就出剑
Ahhh!
Crixus!
克雷斯
Ahh!
Ahh!
Allow advantage to your back…
把背部暴露给敌人
And you are dead.
只有死路一条
Oh!
Become entangled with a more powerful opponent…
和更强的对手强行对峙
..And you are dead.
只有死路一条
Raaa!
Uh!
Hurl your sword in the arena…
在竞技场上将剑投出
And you are dead again.
还是死路一条
Your foolishness has cost a life.
你的愚蠢牺牲了一条性命
But yours may yet be redeemed.
但你的命还可以赎回
Two fingers. A sign of surrender.
伸出两指表示投降
A plea of mercy to the editor of the games!
向竞技主持者请求宽恕
Beg for your life, little rabbit.
乞求饶命吧 小样儿
Bash his skull in!
打烂他的头
Crixus!
克雷斯
Dominus.
主人
Continue training.
继续训练
He tries to kill your best man, and yet you let him live?
他想杀你最好的角斗士 为何饶他不死
Glaber visits tomorrow.
葛雷博明天来访
His intention towards the thracian may include blood.
他虽然跟这个色雷斯人有深仇大恨
Until his patronage is secured I intend to keep it warm and flowing.
但在资助我之前
我得留他活口
God, the heat!
老天 真热
Enough to boil the tongue from the head!
舌根都要烂了
Raa!
Eat it!
吃吧
Shit-fucking slaves and criminals, the lot of them.
他们大多都是下三滥的奴隶和囚犯
Are we the better?
我们难道高人一等吗
You survived your own execution.
你被判死刑 却死里逃生
Twice, if you mark the gaul over there
刚才又躲过
not introducing your brains to the sand.
那个高卢人的剑下一劫
You are of a difference, thracian.
你跟其他人不同 色雷斯人
Above this unfortunate collection.
在这堆垃圾里 你的确高人一等
And you?
你呢
Varro.
维罗
The worst of the lot.
垃圾中的极品
A free man consigned by his own hand.
自己卖♥♥了自己
Why would a man willingly condemn himself to this?
一个人怎么会自愿做角斗士
A small matter of debt, grown large.
债台高筑
The repaying of it proves difficult.
无法偿还
If the concern was only to me…
如果我孤身一人也无所谓…
A family?
你有家庭
Wife and child.
有妻有儿女
A boy.
一个儿子
Two years in the arena, my winnings will keep them fed.
在角斗场拼两年 奖金可让他们有饭吃
Winnings?
奖金
Fight well, and you’re rewarded with coin.
角斗的好 有钱币作为酬劳
Enough even to balance what I owe, the gods be fortunate.
神明保佑 甚至够偿还我的欠债
The gods.
神明
You are a fool.
你是傻子
And in good company, by the judging.
你也好不到哪去
They’re the best I could do at the moment.
他们是我能找到最好的角斗士人选
One or two show promise. But the rest
其中两个有潜力 但其他的
my own mother would have them in the arena.
我妈都能在角斗场上撂倒他们
You have no mother.
你没妈
You were belched from the cunt of the underworld.
你是冥界里蹦出来的
That’s why I favor you.
这就是我中意你的原因
Were there no better offerings?
就没有更好的人选吗
Better, yes!
当然有更好的
Within the reach of my purse, no!
但以我财力而言 没有了
You stand questioning and complaining instead of setting yourself to the task!
你不尽忠职守
却到这来质疑抱怨
I press to honor you, Batiatus. And this ludus.
我是为你和训练场考虑 巴蒂塔斯
Legatus Glaber visits tomorrow.
葛雷博将军明天来访
With him hope of renewed fortunes.
希望他的资助能让我们富足
Till then, these men are all the straw afforded.
在那之前 我的财力只够买♥♥他们这样的
Bake them into brick, or crumble them to the mines.
不把他们训练成才 就都丢到矿区好了
Your will. My hands.
任您吩咐
Ovidius! Apologies for the delay!
奥维蒂斯 抱歉来迟
Accepted, if made with coin.
如果带钱币来请罪 我接受
Three months of grain, the payment standing past due.
三个月的谷物供给 你还没付清账
Three, is it?
是三个月吗
To the day.
正好到今天
The games of the Vulcanalia approach.
神之节的比赛将至
If I could carry the debt till then…
我暂且欠账到那个时候…
The principle, plus thirty percent.
原价另加30%
Thirty?!
只加30%吗
Or settle the debt as it stands.
要不然现在就清账
Huh, principle plus thirty. After the Vulcanalia.
原价另加30% 神之节后付款
The day after.
节后第二天就付
Uh!
I could have taken him.
我可以打败他的
Crixus? Pff, the shit would be running down your leg.
克雷斯吗 那家伙会打的你屎尿横流
I wouldn’t have ended up in the dirt, fucked like a dog.
那我就不用在这个鬼地方遭罪了
Without training, the gaul would have bested any of us, Kerza.
不训练的话 那个高卢人可以秒杀我们 柯泽
Speaking otherwise is bloated air.
扯别的都是放屁
I pray not to face Crixus in the final test.
我希望最后测验不要碰到克雷斯
Nothing to worry. You’ll never make it that far, cock hole.