因为我知道 我的个性不适合婚姻
which I know my nature will prevent me from keeping.
你对女性的纯洁 有着高度的尊敬
You have too great a respect for the purity of womankind.
没错
Exactly.
被这么多的女性包围 让人心痒难耐
It must be tantalizing to be surrounded by so much purity.
确实如此
It is.
现在让我们言归正传 有什么需要我帮忙
Now, let’s mix business with pleasure. How may I help you?
伟大的奎格斯
Great Gracchus, I find it difficult to hate…
只要想到一个人 我心里就满腔怒火
but there’s one man I can’t think of without fuming.
-是谁 -柯萨斯
-Who’s that? -Crassus.
-你怨恨的是一位有权势的人 -你恨我
-You’ve grown ambitious in your hatred. -Do you blame me?
白天我还是个高兴的百万富翁
There I was, better than a millionaire in the morning…
晚上却是个身无分文的难民
and a penniless refugee by nightfall…
孑然一身 只剩下一件破衣服
with nothing but these rags and my poor flesh to call my own.
都是因为柯萨斯 和两个任性的美女
All because Crassus decides to break his journey at Capua…
旅行途中 突然到卡普拉拜访
with a couple of capricious, over -painted nymphs!
那两位美女嘲弄我的斗剑士
These two daughters of Venus had to taunt the gladiators…
强迫他们进行生死战 在我搞清楚状况前…
force them to fight to the death, and before I knew what had happened…
革命就发生了
revolution on my hands!
你心里打算如何报复
What revenge have you in mind?
我卖♥♥给柯萨斯一个女奴 叫薇瑞妮亚
I sold Crassus this woman, Varinia.
-谁 -薇瑞妮亚 天神一定给了她一对翅膀
-Whom? -Varinia. May the gods give her wings.
虽然没有正式契约 不过我们讲好了
There was no contract, but she was clearly his slave…
她已经是他的奴隶
as soon as the deal was made.
现在她跟斯巴达格斯一起 到处杀人
Now she’s off with Spartacus killing people in their beds.
而柯萨斯 对钱的事 根本只字不提
And Crassus… no mention of money, no!
为何你从没向我 提供这个女人
You never offered me this woman. Why not?
奎萨斯 因为她不是你喜欢的类型
Well, she’s not remotely your type, Gracchus.
-她非常的瘦…-你仔细看看
-She is very thin and… -Look around you.
这里什么类型的女人都有
You’ll see women of all sizes.
五百元是买♥♥她的押金
Five hundred sesterces deposit on Varinia.
既然柯萨斯还没付钱 等到她被拍卖♥♥的时候
Since he hasn’t paid, this gives me first call over Crassus…
我就有权优先购买♥♥
when she’s caught and auctioned.
愿天神眷顾你
May the gods adore you!
为何买♥♥一个从未见过的女人
Why would you buy a woman you’ve never even seen?
为了气柯萨斯 当然也为了帮你
To annoy Crassus, of course, and to help you.
拿一张凳子来
Fetch a stool, Antoninus.
把它拿进来
In here with it.
就放那里
That will do.
你会偷东西吗 安东奈斯
Do you steal, Antoninus?
不会 主人
No, master.
你会说谎吗
Do you lie?
除非逼不得已
Not if I can avoid it.
有没有侮辱过神
Have you ever dishonoured the gods?
没有 主人
No, master.
是否基于对道德的尊敬 而抑制自己的缺点
Do you refrain from these vices out of respect for the moral virtues?
是的 主人
Yes, master.
你吃牡蛎吗
Do you eat oysters?
当我有牡蛎可吃时 主人
When I have them, master.
你吃蜗牛吗
Do you eat snails?
不 主人
No, master.
你会认为吃牡蛎道德…
Do you consider the eating of oysters to be moral…
吃蜗牛不道德吗
and the eating of snails to be immoral?
不 主人
No, master.
当然不会
Of course not.
只是个人口味的问题 不是吗
It is all a matter of taste, isn’t it?
是的 主人
Yes, master.
而口味和食欲不同
And taste is not the same as appetite…
所以更谈不上道不道德 不是吗
and therefore not a question of morals, is it?
这样说是没错 主人
It could be argued so, master.
可以了 安东奈斯 我的浴袍
That will do. My robe, Antoninus.
我的口味…
My taste includes…
蜗牛 牡蛎我都喜欢
both snails and oysters.
安东奈斯 你看
Antoninus, look.
河的对面
Across the river.
有样东西你一定要看
There is something you must see.
那里 孩子 就是罗马
There, boy, is Rome!
罗马的力量 威严…
The might, the majesty…
罗马的恐怖
the terror of Rome.
她的力量像巨人般的 跨越于世界上
There is the power that bestrides the known world like a colossus.
没人能抵抗罗马
No man can withstand Rome.
没有国家能抵抗她
No nation can withstand her.
甚至是…
How much less…
一个男孩
a boy!
安东奈斯 和罗马相处唯一的方法…
There’s only one way to deal with Rome, Antoninus.
就是必须侍奉她
You must serve her.
你必须在她面前自贬身份
You must abase yourself before her.
你必须在她脚边摇尾乞怜
You must grovel at her feet.
你必须…
You must…
爱她
love her.
不是吗 安东奈斯
Isn’t that so, Antoninus?
安东奈斯
Antoninus?
安东奈斯
Antoninus?
-慢慢来 -他们表现如何
-Take your time! -How are they coming?
很好 再给我一千人 我们就可以攻击罗马了
Good. Give me another thousand like them and we can march on Rome.
再来一次
Come on, once again.
除了安全待在维苏威斯外
Here on Vesuvius, we’re safe from attack…
我们也在筹组军队
while we organize ourselves into an army.
短则六个月 长则一年 我们也没把握
It may take six months. It may take a year. We don’t know.
一旦军力够强大 我们会向海路进攻
Once we’re strong, we’re gonna fight our way south to the sea.
拜托西莱西亚海盗 帮忙安排船只
We’re going to arrange for ships with the Cilician pirates.
而大海将是我们 通往自♥由♥的道路
Then the sea will be a road back home for all of us.
同意的话 欢迎你们加入
If you agree, you may join us.
不同意的话 在被人发现你逃跑前回去
If you don’t agree, go back before your escape is discovered.
太多女人
Too many women.
女人有什么不好
What’s wrong with women?
不然你怎么来的 大老粗
Where would you be now, you lout…
还不是某个女人忍♥受痛苦
if some woman hadn’t fought all the pains of hell…
把你带到这个该死的世界
to get you into this accursed world?
我和其他人一样会用剑
I can handle a knife in the dark as well as anyone.
我还会施咒语 调制毒药
I can cast spells and brew poisons.
我亲手帮七位罗马主人缝寿衣
I have made the death shrouds for seven Roman masters in my time.
-老粗 我要见斯巴达格斯 -老婆婆别生气
-You lout! I want to see Spartacus. -All right, grandmother.
留下来 我就是斯巴达格斯
I’m Spartacus. Stay with us.
在我们成功前 会需要一百万件罗马寿衣
We’ll need a million Roman shrouds before we’re through.
你们从哪来的
Where do you people come from?
我们大部分 来自里尔亚斯的庄园
Most of us come from the estate of Lillius.
-你是做什么的 -做了十六年的木匠跟泥水匠
-What kind ofwork did you do there? -Sixteen years a carpenter and mason.
很好 我们需要木匠
Good. We can use carpenters.
-你是做什么的 -我是伙食总管
-What kind of work did you do? -I was a chief steward.
你可以帮忙食物补给 去向帕图洛斯报到
You’ll help with the food supplies. You’ll report to the man Patullus.
你是做什么的
What kind of work did you do?
吟唱诗人
Singer of songs.
吟唱诗人 你到底是做什么工作
Singer of songs? But what work did you do?
那就是我的工作 我还会变戏法
That’s my work. I also juggle.
戏法 你还会什么
Juggle. What else do you do?
我还会表演魔术
I can do feats of magic.
魔术
Magic?
也许他可以让罗马消失
Maybe he can make the Romans disappear.
我需要一名志愿者 男或女都行 愿不愿意
I’ll need one volunteer, man or woman. How about you?
我们有一位志愿者了
Here we have a likely subject.
注意 我手里什么都没有 对不对
You’ll notice there is nothing in my hand, true?
-你看到几只手指头 -三只
-How many fingers do you see? -Three.
-看到几只手指头 -三只
-How many fingers do you see? -Three!
我把手握紧
I make a bowl.
现在我把拳头倒过来 麻烦你朝它吹气
My hand is upside down, and I ask you to blow at it.
不够用力 再用力点
No, not hard enough. Hard!
谢谢你
Thank you.
你想不想试试看
Would you like to try?
轻轻的往石头上敲
Hit it against the rock, gently.
诗人 我好几天没吃到蛋了
Poet, I haven’t had an egg in days.