没有任何一位将军 可以带领军团进入罗马城
that no general may enter the city at the head of his armed legions?
-索拉就有 -索拉 他的恶名昭张
-Sulla did. -Sulla? To the infamy of his name!
他的军队该下地狱
To the utter damnation of his line!
我的朋友 你错了
No, my young friend.
我终有一天会净化 我父亲留传给我的罗马
One day I shall cleanse this Rome which my fathers bequeathed me.
我将恢复往日光辉的传统
I shall restore all the traditions that made her great.
正因为如此 我更不能为了取回权利…
It follows, then, that I cannot come to power or even defend myself…
做出背叛罗马神圣传统的举动
by an act which betrays the most sacred tradition of them all.
我不能带军进入罗马
I shall not bring my legions within these walls.
我不能在获得罗马的时候
I shall not violate Rome…
还亵渎了她
at the moment of possessing her.
去吧
Go.
立刻整军出发
Prepare your troops at once.
今晚出发 别奢望会有盛大的欢送仪式
March out of Rome tonight, but the city tribute is impossible.
我们已经被人当傻子
We’ve already been made to look a fool.
千万别再自取其辱
Let’s not add the trappings of a clown.
选择行人稀少的街道 不能有鼓号♥曲
Leave by unfrequented streets, without fanfare, without even a drum!
静悄悄的离开
Sneak out.
一切都听你的
As you wish.
我的朋友 看在上天的份上
And for heaven’s sake, my young friend…
千万要率军凯♥旋♥归来
try and see to it that you don’t have to sneak back again.
保重
Farewell.
上啊 胖子
Come on, fat boy!
高贵的罗马人
Noble Romans…
像动物一样的厮杀
fighting each other like animals!
你们的新主人 正在打赌看谁会先死
Your new masters, betting to see who’ll die first.
把剑放下
Drop your swords.
我要在卓霸丧命的地方 看到他们的血
I want to see their blood right over here where Draba died!
他们的双人厮杀 应该和我们的一样
When I fight matched pairs, they fight to the death.
魁克斯 我承诺自己
I made myself a promise, Crixus.
我发誓 如果我能活着离开…
I swore that if I ever got out of this place…
我宁愿死也不愿 看到两个人进行生死格斗
I’d die before I’d watch two men fight to the death again.
卓霸曾许下相同的承诺
Draba made that promise too.
他信守誓言
He kept it.
我也会
So will I.
走吧 快滚
Go on. Get out!
我们是什么 魁克斯
What are we, Crixus?
我们变成什么了 罗马人
What are we becoming? Romans?
我们还没学到教训吗 我们是怎么了
Have we learned nothing? What’s happening to us?
我们该为以后打算 却只顾着饮酒作乐
We look for wine when we should be hunting bread.
有酒的时候 谁会想到以后
When you’ve got wine, you don’t need bread!
我们不能只是一群 酒醉的游击队
You can’t just be a gang of drunken raiders.
-不然还能做什么 -斗剑士
-What else can we be? -Gladiators!
一支由斗剑士组成的军队
An army of gladiators.
从来没有过这样的军队
There’s never been an army like that.
一位斗剑士 抵得上两名罗马士兵
One gladiator’s worth any two Roman soldiers that ever lived.
我们是击败了罗马卫兵 但不是罗马军队
We beat the Roman guards, but a Roman army’s a different thing.
他们会作战 我们不会
They fight different than we do too.
只要我们愿意 我们可以击败任何罗马军团
We can beat anything they send against us if we really want to.
-我们需要一支庞大的军队 -我们会有一支军队
-It takes a big army for that. -We’ll have a big army.
出发后
Once we’re on the march…
只要我们能释放 每个乡镇 村庄的奴隶
we’ll free every slave in every town and village.
还怕没有庞大的军队吗
Can anybody get a bigger army than that?
一旦跨越阿尔卑斯山 我们就自♥由♥了
Once we cross the Alps, we’re safe!
没有人能跨越阿尔卑斯山 每条通道都有军团防守
Nobody can cross the Alps. Every pass is defended by its own legion.
要离开这个国家 只有一条路可走
There’s only one way to get out of this country.
走海路
The sea.
没有船 海路一样行不通
What good is the sea if you have no ships?
西莱西亚海盗有船
The Cilician pirates have ships.
他们跟罗马在交战中
They’re at war with Rome.
每艘进入庞迪辛恩的罗马军舰 都得付通行费
Every Roman galley that sails out of Brundusium pays tribute to them.
他们有世界上最大的舰队
They’ve got the biggest fleet in the world.
只要付金子 他们会带我们去任何地方
I was a galley slave with them. They’ll take you anywhere for enough gold.
我们没有足够的黄金
We haven’t got enough gold.
逼我们捉到的罗马人 吐出来就够了
Take every Roman we capture and warm his back a little.
-没错 我们会有金子的 -斯巴达格斯说得对
-We’ll have gold, all right. -Spartacus is right!
我们雇用那些海盗 带我们前往庞迪辛恩
Let’s hire these pirates and march straight to Brundusium!
你们大家 加入我们吧
Come join us. All ofyou, come join us.
过来加入我们
Come on and join us!
过来加入我们
Come on and join us!
回维斯威斯
Back to Vesuvius!
薇瑞妮亚
Varinia.
我以为再也见不到你了
I thought I’d never see you again.
感觉好像恍如隔世
Everything’s so different.
上一次我看到你的时候
The last time I saw you…
你正在竞技场内等着…
you were waiting in the arena to…
我以为你在罗马
I thought you were in Rome.
你是怎么逃脱的
How’d you escape?
我从马车上跳下来
I jumped out of the cart…
兰托勒斯太肥了…
and Batiatus was so fat…
我突然从马车上跳下来
I flew out of the cart…
兰托勒斯因为太肥了
and Batiatus was so fat…
没有办法追到我
that he couldn’t catch me.
他根本追不上我
He couldn’t catch up with me.
明白吗
Do you realize…
再也没有人可以把你卖♥♥掉
nobody can ever sell you again?
没有人可以把你卖♥♥掉
Nobody can sell you.
-或者把你送人 -或者把你送人
-Or give you away. -Or give you away.
没人能强迫你陪任何人
Nobody can ever make you stay with anybody.
没人能强迫你陪任何人
Nobody can make you stay with anybody.
我爱你 斯巴达格斯
I love you, Spartacus.
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你
I love you.
我还是不敢相信
I still can’t believe it.
不要允许我离开你
Forbid me ever to leave you.
我不答应
I do forbid you.
我不答应
I forbid you.
我不答应
I forbid you.
当时真的很好笑 我希望他听到了
It was funny at the time. I wish he’d heard it.
您不介意的话 我想说 您对我太好了
How good you are to me, if I may say so.
-我不介意 -谢谢你
-You may. -Thank you.
别光盯着食物 吃啊
Don’t just eye those birds. Eat them.
放轻松 用不着那么拘束
There’s no need to be on your best behaviour here.
让我提醒你
May I remind you…
你过去对我不错
you’ve been very good to me in the past?
我对你不错
I’ve been good to you?
你总是以非常合理的价钱 把奴隶卖♥♥给我
Yes. You’ve sold me slaves at an extremely reasonable price.
还有 你安排私人的骑马斗剑比赛
And you arranged private gladiatorial jousts at cost, or practically.
总而言之 在生意方面 你的价钱公道
On the whole, you are both ethical in business matters…
在社交方面 你更是有远见
and certainly farsighted socially.
辛诺比雅比上一次 又胖了一点
Zenobia’s put on a little weight since I last saw her.
-不是嘛 我喜欢这样 -我也是
-Yes, hasn’t she? I like it. -So do I.
我们的体质都容易发胖
You and I have a tendency towards corpulence.
胖的男人讲理 愉快 而且冷静
Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic.
你有没有发现一个定律 暴君都很瘦
Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?
姑且不论你的缺点 你是当代最宽大的罗马人
In spite of your vices, you are the most generous Roman of our time.
缺点
Vices?
对于女人
The ladies.
女人 她们何时变成缺点了
Ladies! Since when are they a vice?
或许是我用词不当 应该说是乖癖 弱点
Perhaps I used the wrong word. An eccentricity, a foible.
希望我的发音正确
I hope I pronounced that word…
大家都知道 你的马夫和管家都是女的
It’s well -known that even your groom and your butler are women.
我是罗马最有品德的人
I’m the most virtuous man in Rome.
我的喜好不妨碍 我尊敬罗马的美德
I keep these women out of my respect for Roman morality.
罗马之所以能够强占 全世界三分之二的土地
That morality, which has made Rome strong enough to steal…
完全归功于我们的美德…
two -thirds of the world from its rightful owners…
是建立在神圣的婚姻 和家庭制度上
founded on the sanctity of Roman marriage and family.
我刚好喜欢女人
I happen to like women.
我生性多情…
I have a promiscuous nature…
不像那些贵族 我绝对不会结婚
and, unlike these aristocrats, I will not take a marriage vow…