Gladiators don’t make friends.
我们如果被安排 在竞技场上厮杀
If we’re ever matched in the arena together…
我就必须杀了你
I’ll have to kill you.
海莲娜
Helena…
跟格利诺
with Galino.
派翠西亚
Patricia…
魁克斯
Crixus.
普莉西拉
Priscilla…
大卫
David.
克萝迪亚
Claudia…
佛拉克斯
Pharox.
薇瑞妮亚
Varinia…
-狄奈赛斯 -不 不对 斯巴达格斯
-Dionysius. -No, no. Spartacus.
斯巴达格斯
Spartacus.
佛莉西亚
Felicia…
我从没有过女人
I’ve never had a woman.
斯巴达格斯 现在你有女人了 快点上啊
You have one now, Spartacus. You must take her.
-走开 -她会怎么看你呢
-Go away. -What will she think of you?
我又会怎么看你呢
Indeed, what will I think of you?
走开
Go away.
别这样 大方点 我们必须学习分享快乐
Come, come. Be generous. We must learn to share our pleasures.
我不是动物
I’m not an animal!
你该不是想要逃走吧
You’re not trying to escape, by any chance?
你该把你的勇气用在女人身上
Direct your courage to the girl, Spartacus.
我不是动物
I’m not an animal!
-我不是动物 -我也不是
-I’m not an animal. -Neither am I.
你叫什么名字
What’s your name?
薇瑞妮亚
Varinia.
马塞拉斯 你得把她带走
You’ll have to take her out of here, Marcellus.
斯巴达格斯 也许你不是动物…
You may not be an animal, Spartacus…
但是你刚才的表现让我怀疑
but this sorry show gives me very little hope…
你能否成为真正的男人
that you’ll ever be a man.
第一条规则…
First rule:
刺中红色 可以立刻击毙对方
You get an instant kill on the red.
这里 这里
Here. Here.
永远记住 先攻击红色的部位
Always remember, Go for the red first…
因为就算你不做 你的对手也会
because if you don’t, your opponent will.
蓝色的位置 会使对手残废
In the blue, you get a cripple.
这里 这里…
Here, here…
这里 还有这里
here and here.
第二条规则…
Second rule:
让对手残废 比将他折磨致死要有效
Go for the cripple before the slow kill.
黄色部分可以折磨对手致死
Here’s a slow kill on the yellow.
这里 这里…
Here, here…
还有这里
and here.
记住
Remember…
在折磨对手致死前 他还是有能力杀死你
A slow kill may have enough left in him to kill you before he dies.
获胜的方法是使对手残废
With a cripple, you know you’ve got him…
再保持距离消耗他的体力
if you keep your distance and wear him down.
其他的技巧 在罗马都会被接受
The rest is all right for a public spectacle in Rome…
但不是这里 卡普亚要求更精湛的格斗
but here at Capua we expect more than simple butchery…
而且我们身体力行
and we get it.
斯巴达格斯 你为什么一直看那个女孩
Spartacus, why are you looking at that girl?
薇瑞妮亚 站住别动
Varinia! Stand still.
既然他只会盯着女孩子看…
Since all he can do is look at girls…
没关系 奴隶 转过头去看个够
all right, slave, go ahead and look.
我叫你看
I said look!
不 不行 这个女人今晚陪西班牙人
No. No, this one goes to the Spaniard.
斯巴达格斯 今晚好好休息
Have a good night’s rest, Spartacus.
进去
In there.
女人
Woman!
我警告过你们不要乱放
I’ve warned you about this kind of thing.
好了 带他们进来
All right, bring them in.
不准说话 排队前进
No talking! Move along there.
他们有没有伤害你
Did they hurt you?
没有
No.
这就是一击毙命
That’s a kill.
一 二…
One, two…
三 四 五
three, four, five.
一 二 三 四
One, two, three, four.
我们有访客 了不起的访客
We have visitors. Tremendous visitors!
让人非常印象深刻的 两位罗马大人
Two simply enormous Roman lords on the hill.
罗蒙 你真容易被人打动
How easily impressed you are, Ramon.
因为是罗马人 我才认为了不起的
Just ’cause they’re Romans, I suppose they’re enormous.
他们到的时候 叫他们等我一下
Tell them to wait for me when they arrive.
-主人 你不了解 -这些大人到底有多了不起
-Master, you don’t understand! -How enormous do these Roman lords get?
其中一位是马可斯柯萨斯
One of them is Marcus Licinius Crassus.
什么 等一下
What? Wait a minute.
柯萨斯来了 薇瑞妮亚 拿我的红色官袍来
Crassus here? Varinia, my red toga with the acorns.
在大厅摆几张椅子 准备次等的酒
And some chairs in the atrium. Second -best wine.
不 拿上等的酒 不过要用小的高脚杯
No, the best, but small goblets.
奎格斯 你知道柯萨斯非常厌恶他的
Gracchus! You know how Crassus loathes him.
把他拿走
Take him away.
-我搬不动 -用点脑袋 拿布盖起来
-I can’t lift it. -Use your imagination! Cover him.
叫马塞拉斯把他的人准备好
Tell Marcellus to get the men ready.
柯萨斯的品味很高 会想看一场壮观的竞技
Crassus has expensive taste. He’ll want a show of some sort.
奎格斯 原谅我
Forgive me, Gracchus.
马可斯柯萨斯
Marcus Licinius Crassus…
最神圣的…
most noble radiance…
共和国第一将军
first general of the Republic…
罗马的父亲和防卫者
father and defender of Rome…
您的光临 让寒舍蓬壁生辉
honour my house. Bless it with your presence.
快拿酒和蜜饯来 看不出来贵客旅途劳顿吗
Wine! Sweetmeats! Can’t you see that Their Honours are exhausted?
请上座
Have the goodness to sit.
大人 是否招呼不周
Is anything wrong, Your Nobility?
没有
No.
欢迎克萝迪亚玛瑞亚女士
Welcome to the Lady Claudia Maria…
卢赛思马瑞亚的遗孀
former wife of Lucius Caius Marius…
他被处死 让我们深感悲痛
whose recent execution touched us all so deeply.
欢迎海莲娜女士
Honour to the Lady Helena…
赛提马斯格莱布斯大人的千金
daughter of the late Septimus Optimus Glabrus…
令尊的声誉将由他的公子 永远传承下去
whose fame shall live on forever in the person of his son…
也就是您的兄弟 马可斯格莱布斯…
your brother, Marcus Publius Glabrus…
东方战争的英雄
hero of the Eastern Wars.
你可真是如数家珍
How very much he knows.
让我通知你最新的消息
Allow me to bring you up to date.
我们来此是为庆祝 我弟弟和克萝迪亚女士的新婚
We’re here to celebrate the marriage of my brother to the Lady Claudia.
大人 真是天造地设的一对
A mating of eagles, Your Sanctity!
替大人搧风 他流汗了
Fan His Magnitude. He sweats.
我的朋友想看私人表演 两组人马的厮杀
My young friends desire a private showing of two pairs.
两组人马 当然了
Two pairs. Oh, yes.
我能提供令各位满意的表演
I think I have something that would please them.
两组人马 一决生死
Two pairs to the death.
我的女士 一决生死
To the death, Your Ladyship?
你以为我们大老远到卡普亚 是为了看体操表演吗
Surely you don’t think we came all the way to Capua for gymnastics?
请大人见谅
But I beg Your Honours.
我们在卡普亚训练的 是全意大利最好的斗剑士
Here in Capua we train the finest gladiators in all Italy.
我们可以为您表演一场剑术
We can give you a display of swordsmanship…
而且是在罗马花钱也看不到的
which is better than anything you can see in Rome at any cost.
他们被卖♥♥掉以后 生死由新主人决定
When they’re sold, their new masters may do with them as they wish…
但在学校时 我们绝不让他们自相残杀
but here, no, we never fight them to the death.
柯萨斯
Crassus.
今天例外
Today is an exception.
但这种不好的感觉 会感染整间学校
But the ill feeling it would spread through the whole school.
然后会带来损失 巨大的损失
And then the cost. The cost!
你开价吧
Name your price.
两万五千元
25,000 sesterces.
去安排
Arrange it.
大人 您是认真的吗
Are you serious, sir?
立刻去安排
Arrange it immediately.
当然 我们希望自己挑选参赛者