“By order of the senate…
我们于今日推选…
be it known that we have this day elected…
马可斯柯萨斯
Marcus Licinius Crassus…
为共和国第一行政官
first consul of the Republic…
及罗马军队总指挥官
and commander in chief of the armies of Rome.”
柯萨斯万岁
Hail Crassus!
罗马不允许我们逃离意大利
Rome will not allow us to escape from Italy.
我们别无选择 只能朝罗马前进并对抗她
We have no choice but to march against Rome herself…
为这场战争划下完美的句点
and end this war the only way it could have ended:
解放意大利所有的奴隶
by freeing every slave in Italy.
我答应各位
I promise you…
新的罗马
a new Rome…
新的意大利 和新的帝国
a new Italy and a new empire.
我发誓歼灭奴隶军队
I promise the destruction of the slave army…
让罗马帝国境内
and the restoration of order…
重新恢复秩序
throughout all our territories.
我宁可在这里当一名自♥由♥人
I’d rather be here, a free man among brothers…
面对长途的行军和艰苦的战斗
facing a long march and a hard fight…
胜过当一名富有的罗马市民
than to be the richest citizen of Rome…
痴肥并不事生产
fat with food he didn’t work for…
身旁奴隶成群
and surrounded by slaves.
我发誓要活捉斯巴达格斯
I promise the living body of Spartacus…
让他受到最严厉的惩罚
for whatever punishment you may deem fit.
不然就要带回他的尸体
That or his head.
我以祖先的灵魂立誓
This I vow by the spirits of all my forefathers.
我在此发誓…
This I have sworn…
在先祖安息的神庙内
in the temple that guards their bones.
柯萨斯万岁
Hail Crassus!
我们在一起共患难
We’ve travelled a long ways together.
一起并肩作战 经历大大小小的胜利
We’ve fought many battles and won great victories.
我们现在不是要搭船 回到自己的家乡
Now, instead of taking ship for our homes across the sea…
而是必须继续战斗
we must fight again.
也许世上根本就没有和平
Maybe there’s no peace in this world…
也许没人能得到它 我不知道
for us or for anyone else. I don’t know.
但我知道…
But I do know…
只要我们活着的一天
that as long as we live…
就必须真实面对自己
we must stay true to ourselves.
我知道我们是一家人 我更知道我们自♥由♥了
I do know that we’re brothers, and I know that we’re free.
我们今晚出发
We march tonight!
柯萨斯万岁
Hail Crassus!
欢迎你 柯萨斯
Greetings to you, Crassus.
奎亚斯 各位
Caius. Gentlemen.
你们已经布署好了吗
Have your dispositions been made?
每一支步兵中队 都已经记好自己的位置
Each maniple knows its position in line, sir, and exactly what’s expected.
每个军团指挥官 都已经接获战斗命令
Every legion commander has been given his battle orders.
很好 所有的布署 稍候会有所更改
Excellent. All positions will now be changed.
更改
Changed?
我担心斯巴达格斯 太了解我们的作战计划
Spartacus takes too keen an interest in our plans, I fear.
新的作战命令稍候会下达
New battle orders will be issued in a short while.
斯巴达格斯以为自己 已经领先了罗马军队
Spartacus has every reason to believe that he has outdistanced…
摆脱了庞贝和 卢卡勒斯军队的追击
the pursuing armies of Pompey and of Lucullus.
其实 亚平宁山脉下隐藏了
However, there are passes through the Apennine Mountains…
地图上没有标示的通道
unknown to any map.
这项消息 应该会提升你们的士气
It may fortify your courage to know…
就是庞贝正在我们西方 二十英哩处扎营
that Pompey is at this moment encamped some 20 miles to the west of us…
卢卡勒斯的军队 逐渐自南方接近
and that the army of Lucullus approaches from the south…
加速夜间行军
by forced night march.
大人 允许我们祝贺您 事业上光荣的胜利
Sir, allow us to pledge you the most glorious victory ofyour career.
我不是为了荣誉
I’m not after glory!
我是为了斯巴达格斯
I’m after Spartacus.
各位 我决心要逮捕他
And, gentlemen, I mean to have him.
这场战役 不只是要消灭斯巴达格斯
However, this campaign is not alone to kill Spartacus.
而是要消灭斯巴达格斯的传奇
It is to kill the legend of Spartacus.
各位可以下去了
You may go, gentlemen.
柯萨斯万岁
Hail Crassus.
兰托勒斯等候大人的召见
Lentulus Batiatus awaits Your Excellency.
-谁 -斗剑士训练师
-Who? -The lanista, sir.
让他进来
Admit him.
最尊贵的大人 一接到您的信…
Most Blessed Highness, as soon as I received your message…
我就立刻赶来见您
I hurried into your distinguished presence.
我很高兴你能抽空过来 坐下
I’m glad you were able to spare the time. Sit down.
谢谢您
How gracious.
我了解…我收到消息
I understand… I’m informed…
斯巴达格斯之前 在你的学校受过训
that Spartacus once trained under your auspices.
没错 事实上…
Yes! In fact…
如果这样说 不会太大逆不道的话
if it isn’t too subversive to say so…
是我一手造就他的
I made him what he is today.
你应该感到高兴才对
You’re to be congratulated indeed.
我也一样 因为终于找到正确的人选
I, too, as it happens, since you’re so admirably qualified to give me…
可以提供我最需要的资料
what up to now I’ve not been able to obtain:
斯巴达格斯的外形 特徵
a physical description of Spartacus.
好的
Yes.
你不是见过他吗
But you saw him.
-什么 -在竞技场
-What? -In the ring.
什么时候
When?
上次您和两位美丽的女士 拜访我的学校时
When you visited my school with those two charming ladies.
真的
What?
相信她们两位现在一定很好
I trust they’re both in good health.
她们选他对抗卓霸 那个黑人
They selected him to fight against Draba, the Negro.
-我记得那个黑人 -大人 恕我直言 如果你
-I remember the Negro. -You had good cause to, if I remember…
你有很好的理由记得他
If I may say so, Your Excellency.
你的刀法又快又准
A brilliant dagger thrust. Difficult angle.
-斯巴达格斯是那个对手 -是的
-Spartacus was the opponent? -Yes.
他长得什么样子
What did he look like?
那对大人很重要吗
That’s a matter of some importance to Your Highness?
是的 对每个爱罗马 希望她强大的人都很重要
Yes, to every man who loves Rome and wishes to see her strong.
我们都爱罗马
We’re both Roman patriots, sir.
只是你对她的爱强烈过我
You’re a great one. I, of course, smaller.
但我们相信罗马的公正
But we both believe in Roman fair play.
如果你对我有所求
If you want something from me…
我却不说我想得到回报
I would be lacking in respect for my own conscience…
我就是在自欺欺人
if I did not say that I wish something from you.
你开个价吧
Name your price.
要是…不
If… no…
明天当你获得胜利时…
when you win your victory tomorrow…
假设 幸存的俘虏会被拍卖♥♥
presumably the survivors will be auctioned off…
用来帖补此次战役的损失
in order to pay for the expenses of this heroic expedition.
有幸经手买♥♥卖♥♥的代理人…
Could not the agent for that sale be he…
是否就是此刻帮大人 创造历史的幸运儿
who shares this tiny moment of history with Your Honour?
我授权你担任 俘虏拍卖♥♥会的代理人
I authorize you to be the agent for the sale of all survivors.
报答的方法 是你要留下来 直到战役结束
In return, you will remain here with us until after the battle…
协助我辨认斯巴达格斯
and aid me in identifying Spartacus.
到战争结束
After the battle?
你误会了 我只是普通百姓
You misunderstand me. I’m a civilian.
我甚至比普通老百姓 还像老百姓
I’m even more of a civilian than most civilians.
你要是希望继续如此
If you wish to remain so…
我应该大力建议你留下来 当我们的贵宾
I should strongly advise you to stay here and be our guest.
卫兵
Guard!
亲爱的 无敌的马可斯柯萨斯
My dear, all -conquering Marcus Licinius Crassus…
到时候 如果是他 越过战场来
what if it is Spartacus who crosses the battlefield…
找寻你呢
looking for you?
我很确定在那种情况下
In such circumstances, I have no doubt…
你会帮他的
you will be helping him.
这个人留下来 直到战役结束
This fellow remains with us until after the battle.
好好招待他 别让他觉得无聊
Make him comfortable. Don’t let him feel lonely.
妈咪 妈咪
Mommy? Mommy?
我们什么时候回家
When do we go home?
宝贝 快点睡
Go to sleep, dear.
还没开始阵痛
No pains yet?
不过 他很皮 他用拳头打我
He’s a bad child, though. He hits me with his fist.
他急着想看到妈妈 不能怪他