我们看到了两个兵团扎营在离这里向北不到十里的地方
We saw two full legions encamped less than ten miles north of here.
– 我们可以绕过他们吗?
– 他们已经堵住了所有的主要道路
– Can we get around them?
– They’ve blocked all major passes.
– 谁是首领?
– 马克西姆斯
(Spartacus) ‘Their general? ‘
(Gannicus) ‘Publius Maximus.’
我们对他了解多少?
(Spartacus) ‘What do we know about him? ‘
他领导起军队来坚定,凶狠但墨守成规
(Gannicus) ‘He runs his army firmly.Fierce but unimaginative.’
– 两个军团
– 前线战士
(David) ‘Two legions.’
(Spartacus) ‘Frontier soldiers.’
我们最好早点开始战斗不然可能要持续到天黑
We’d better start fighting early or we’ll still be killing them by moonlight.
我们不能像上次一样在夜晚搞偷袭
(Spartacus) ‘We won’t surprise this army at night like the last one.
这场战斗他们站在有利的一方
‘This battle is on their terms.’
那我们怎么打?
How do we fight that?
我想起了汉尼拔和巨石作战的故事
I remember a story about Hannibal fighting a rock.
– 是个愚蠢的故事
– 告诉我
– A foolish tale.
– Tell me.
在阿尔卑斯山里,汉尼拔的军队被一块巨石挡住了路
In the Alps, Hannibal’s army came to a pass blocked by a huge rock.
他们没办法绕开巨石,他想了三天三夜
No way around it.For three days and nights he thought.
最后想出了一个办法
And then it came to him.
他命令在巨石四周生起火来
He ordered fires built against the rock.
他们把所拥有的全部木材用来生火
The wood that they had carried for themselves was sacrificed to the rock.
哦,那些人哭的
Oh, how the people cried.
但当火燃尽的时候,
But when the fires burnt out,
他命令把醋泼在滚烫的石头上
he ordered vinegar to be poured on the hot rock.
后来呢?
And?
石头裂开了
It cracked.
诺多, 你是个天才
Nordo, you’re a genius.
你不能与巨石对抗
You cannot beat the rock
除非你利用巨石自身的力量与它对抗
unless you use the strength of the rock against itself.
罗马军队的优势在于他们的规模和纪律性
‘The advantage of the Roman army is size and discipline.
但如果你把他们的队伍打乱
‘But if you force their lines together,
他们的力量就变成了他们的弱点,就像巨石会把自己粉碎一样
‘their strength becomes their weakness.The rock will break against itself.’
如果那些奴隶们不马上出来应战的话,用弓箭逼他们出来
If the slaves don’t move out soon,drive them out with the archers.
甘尼克斯, 你带着骑兵去攻打边上的罗马骑兵
Gannicus, your cavalry will attack the Roman cavalry on the wings,
打垮他们或者把他们引开
and destroy them or draw them away.
接下来,我们用弹弓和箭来击退他们的散兵
Next, we drive off their skirmishers with slings and arrows,
还有你,大卫,你负责中间
and then you, David, will charge the centre.
我发出信♥号♥♥后,你就把中间的军队队伍打乱再转身后退
On my signal,break ranks in the middle of your line
让他们以为你们是在逃命
and make them believe you’re running for your life.
罗马看到我们逃走会一直追到中间
The Romans expect us to run and will charge after you into the centre.
克雷斯,等我的信♥号♥♥,一刻也不要早
Crixus, wait for my signal -not a moment before.
清楚了,我们打吧
Enough talk. Let’s fight.
– 叫散兵们前进
– 散兵!
– Tell the skirmishers to move forward.
– Skirmishers!
(All, chanting) Left! Left! Left!
– 第一行上前
– 第一行!
– Send in the first line.
– First line!
奴隶们是从什么时候开始用骑兵打仗的?
Since when do slaves fight with cavalry?
把罗马人拦下!
Stop the Romans!
骑兵撤!
(Commander) Cavalry back!
弹弓,箭!
Slings and arrows!
现在!
Now!
在原地别动!
(Publius) Hold your position!
别动!
(Soldier) Stand firm!
杀了他!
Kill him!
– 他们在杀我们的人!
– 别动!
– They’re killing them!
– Stay where you are!
发信♥号♥♥让他们撤!
Signal the retreat!
撤退!
Pull back!
– 他们被打垮了,将军
– 最终
– They’re breaking, my lord.
– Finally.
尽管追别留活口!
Follow at will. And take no prisoners!
(All) Left! Left! Left!
冲!
Charge!
上!
Come on!
我杀了他! 马克西姆斯死了!
I killed him! Publius Maximus is dead!
(Cheering)
(Flies buzzing)
(Horse whinnies)
罗马剩下的骑兵去哪了?
Where is the rest of the Roman cavalry?
– 我们击退他们了
– 在哪个方向?
– We drove them off.
– In which direction?
我想在南面吧
South, I think.
我们的营地没人守卫了! 给我马!
We’ve left the camp unguarded! Give me your horse!
Hyah!
范莱丽雅
Varinia!
范莱丽雅
Varinia!
范莱丽雅
Varinia!
范莱丽雅
(Spartacus in distance) Varinia!
我们已经尽力了
(Panting) We fought back as best we could.
我们 我们
We… We…
没关系
It’s all right.
你在干什么?
What are you doing out here?
思考
Thinking.
你不该就这样一个人离开了
You shouldn’t be off by yourself like this.
我处于危险中吗?
Am I in danger?
她正怀着我的孩子
She’s carrying my child.
我努力地祷告,但我不知道该向谁祷告
I was trying to pray but I don’t know who to pray to.
我们那儿的人向一个无法回应的神祷告
My people pray to a god who doesn’t answer.
他让我们自己决定该怎么做
Who leaves it up to us to decide how to behave.
对于自♥由♥的人来说,是个优秀的神
A good god for a free man.
但不是在你需要答案时想要的那个神
Not when answers are what you need.
可能那就是我们选择去追求一个新的世界所要付出的代价吧
Maybe that’s the price we pay to live in a world where we get to choose.
– 什么事?
– 是克雷斯
– What is it?
– Crixus.
我们为什么要离开?
Why should we leave?
罗马派出了他们最好的军队,我们打败了他们
Rome threw their best at us and we slaughtered them.
我们不能和整个罗马军队作战
We cannot fight the whole Roman army.
让他们来吧,我会把他们早早地送进坟墓的
Let them come.I will hammer them to an early grave.
等我们把他们打得全军覆没的时候,我们就是国王!
And when we’ve destroyed their armies,we will be kings!
(Cheering)
我们站在你这边!
(Slave) We are with you!
(2nd slave) Yeah!
除非你没有那个胃口
Unless you haven’t got the stomach for it.
如果是那样
In that case…
逃走吧
run away.
没人会阻拦你的
No one here will stop you.
如果我们分开了我们会被打垮的
If we separate, we will be destroyed.

No.
克雷斯是对的
Crixus is right.
他是对的!
He is right!
我们明智的弟兄克雷斯将未来看得一清二楚
How clearly my wise brother Crixus sees the future.
我们为什么要逃跑?但让我们也不要只为了一点小小的掠夺留在这儿
Why should we run?But let’s not settle for a little plunder.
让我们向南,到海边,横穿过海峡到西西里
Let’s turn south, march to the sea and cross the straits to Sicily.
那儿的奴隶们一定会加入我们的,
The slaves there will surely join us,
我们将成为西西里,这个为罗马提供粮食的岛上的国王
and we’ll be kings of the island,the breadbasket of Rome.
他们会爬向我们像我们求饶
And they’ll come crawling to us,begging for mercy.
– 谁站在我这边?
– Who is with me?
– (Cheering)
斯巴达克斯
Spartacus.
他是谁?
Who is he?
我正在和怎样的一个人打交道?
What kind of man am I dealing with?
每个人都怪我出了这个乱子
Everybody blames me for this mess.
没人损失比我更惨
Nobody has suffered like I have.
我破产了,我失去了一切
I’m ruined. I’ve lost everything.
我的宅第被烧毁了,我的奴隶们全逃跑了
My villa burned down, my slaves run away,
学校和我三十年的心血全都毁了
the school and 30 years of work destroyed.
这也许会给你的损失带来些安慰
Perhaps this will ease your suffering.
谢谢,将军
Thank you, my lord.
– 斯巴达克斯呢?
– 哦,是的,是的
– Spartacus?
– Oh, yes, yes.
呃···你见过他一次
Erm… you met him once…
斯巴达克斯
Spartacus.
一年前你出钱看两对角斗取悦考纳利亚斯和海伦娜
He was one of two pairs you hired a year ago
他是其中之一

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!