Helena and Cornelius Lucius?
– 你确信?
– 是这么说的
– Are you sure?
– That is what it says.
”造♥反♥的领袖叫斯巴达克斯,一个色雷斯角斗士
“The rebels’ leader is Spartacus,a gladiator from Thrace.
”他已经带领他们到了维苏维山
“He has led them to Mount Vesuvius.
”我想在那儿把他们包围起来处置掉
“It is there that I intend to trap and dispose of them.
”敬请放心,我将不忘我手中所握的
“Rest assured, I am mindful that I carry in my hands
”罗马的威严和荣耀
“the glory and majesty that is Rome.
”特图斯”
“Titus Glabrus.”
– 我们应该平等的,是吗?
– 让你困扰了吗?
– So we’re to be equals, are we?
– Does that trouble you?
我会尽可能做到但我不能保证
Well, I’ll do what I can to raise myself but I make no promises.
你最好做到,孩子需要一个值得他尊敬的父亲
You’d better. A child needs a father it can look up to.
– 孩子? 我们要有孩子了吗?
– A child? We’re going to have a child?
– (Varinia squeals)
奴隶军队正在从北面上山,将军
The slave army is climbing the north wall of the mountain, my lord.
不要如此慷慨地用“军队”这个字眼
A little less liberal use of the term “army”.
– 对不起,将军
– 今晚我们要在这安营扎寨
– Sorry, my lord.
– We’ll camp here for tonight.
我们为什么不继续前进,将军?
Why don’t we push on, my lord?
在奴隶们上山前拦截他们?
Cut off the slaves before the mountains?
这儿很冷,我又累又饿,我们就在这儿扎营
It’s cold, I’m tired and I’m hungry.We’ll camp here.
我喜欢这个,很轻但很结实
I like it. It’s light but it’s strong.
斯巴达克斯,我想跟你说几句话
Spartacus, we need to talk.
这是战争会议。一个女人在这干什么?
This is a war council.What’s a woman doing here?
她有这个权力
She has every right.
军队被女人领导着吗?这就是为什么你们犹太人被罗马人奴役吗?
Do women lead you?Is that why Jews live under the Romans?
那你们高卢人呢?
What’s the excuse of the Gauls?
大卫有事告诉我们
David has news for us.
三个罗马步兵大队驻扎在山下
Three cohorts of Roman soldiers are on the road below us.
我们被包围了,他们很有信心打败我们,他们甚至连防御的栅栏都没搭
We’re trapped. They’re so confident,they haven’t built a stockade.
1500个人
1500 men.
我知道,我就知道会这样,色雷斯人,但是你一意孤行
I knew it. I knew this would happen,Thracian, but you insisted.
我们的人累了,他们需要休息
“The people are tired. They need rest.”
这样也好,人死了就安息了
Well, the dead rest forever.
你肯定知道他们会跟着我们,我们怎么下山?
You must have known they would follow us.How do we get off this mountain?
你有什么计划?
What’s your plan?
– 我不知道
– 你不知道?
– I don’t have one.
– You don’t have a plan?
从我站在训练场上的那一刻起,我想的只是下一步我该做什么
From the moment I stood up in the training yard, I’ve only thought of the next move.
– 你应该知道
– 为什么?
– You must have an idea.
– Why must I?
我和你们并没有什么不同,我们大家不都是平等的吗?
I’m no different from any of you.Isn’t that the point? That we’re all equal?
– 是的,但是…
– 所以你们来想!
– Yes, but…
– So one of you figure it out!
他会没事的
He’ll be fine.
– 他们选你做领袖
– 我并没有叫他们这么做
– They chose you as their leader.
– I didn’t ask for that.
但你也没有拒绝
But you didn’t decline it either.
为什么是你?你是唯一可能的人选啊
And why should you?You’re the only possible choice.
– 现在该你领导的时刻来临了
– 当我孤军奋战的时候,
– But now the time to lead has come.
– When I was alone,
我所能失去的只有我的生命
all I had to lose was my own life.
但现在我手上维系着数百条生命
Now I have the lives of hundreds.
你的
Your life.
我们的孩子的
Our child’s.
– 我相信你一定可以找到解决的办法
– 在哪?
– I have faith that you’ll find the answer.
– Where?
– 在你所说的我的灵魂里?
– 是的
– Within the soul you say I have?
– Yes.
或许你并没有选择这个时代,斯巴达克斯
You may not have chosen this moment,Spartacus.
但似乎时代选择了你
But it seems that this moment has chosen you.
将军,你允许军队不建防御工事
My lord, have you given the troops permission to camp
就扎营了?
without building fortifications?
他们很累,我也很累
The men are tired and I am tired.
罗马军队的扎营惯例是先建造防御栅栏
When a Roman army bivouacs it is customary to build a fort.
我们的对手只是一群发臭的奴隶,面临着和我们相同的艰难处境
It’s just a handful of rotten slaves facing the same conditions we are.
还拖着妇女和孩子,而且装备只有我们的十分之一
With women and children and a tenth of our equipment.
刚刚有人问我有什么计划
A little while ago some of you were asking me if I had a plan.
计划就是,我们要采取主动进攻
And the plan is this. We will attack first.
大卫,把你的人带到帐篷外。听我的命令,
David, hold your men outside the camp until you hear my cry,
然后像狗一样进攻
and then charge in like the dogs of hell.
如果这不成功,我要亲手杀了你
If these don’t hold, I’ll kill you myself.
如果不成功,不用等你来杀了我,我们都会死的
If these don’t hold, you won’t have to kill me.We’ll all be dead.
快点
Come on.
现在你可以告诉我们了
You can tell us now.
你在这很安全
You are safe here.
我睡着了
I was asleep.
我尖叫着醒来
‘I woke up to screaming.
尖叫声
‘The sound of screaming.
我尖叫着
‘I was screaming.
他们的人到处都是,向饿极的野兽一样
‘Their men were everywhere,like ravenous beasts.
他们的女人跟在后面,把药洒在他们的伤口上
‘And their women followed,feeding like harpies on the wounded.
屠♥杀♥一直在进行
‘The killing went on and on.’
我们的人开始放下武器求饶
Our men began to throw down their weapons and plead for their lives
但他们毫不留情
but there was no mercy.
– 为什么独留下了你?
– 我不知道为什么选中了我
– How is it that you were spared?
– I don’t know why they chose me, my lord.
‘我只知道,我被带到他们的领导者面前’
‘All I know is,I was brought before their leader.’
我叫斯巴达克斯,我有个口信要捎给你们的议会
My name is Spartacus.I have a message for your Senate.
去告诉他们,我们这些奴隶说的:罗马的制度已经腐♥败♥,衰亡了
Tell them that we, the slaves,say the Roman way is corrupt and dead.
我们不要从你们身上夺取什么,别管我们
We want nothing from you. Leave us alone.
但如果你们跟着我们,我们会让你们全军覆没
But if you come after us again,we will destroy you all.
我以罗马的神圣之名发誓,
By all that Rome holds sacred,
我要复兴罗马
I will see her honour restored.
我不会罢休的…
I will not rest…
直到斯巴达克斯…
until this Spartacus…
被钉在十字架上,悬挂在罗马的城门之上
hangs, crucified, at the gates of Rome.
前进,杀!前进,杀!
Move and kill! Move and kill!
再来一次
Again.
前进杀!快点!
Move and kill! Move and kill! Faster!
– 他们看来有进步
– 只是以木桩为敌
– They’re looking better.
– Against wooden posts.
等敌人反♥攻♥的时候我们会看到他们到底练得怎样
We’ll see what they’re like when the target fights back.
– 奥西诺来了
– 那个西西里海盗?
– Orsino is here.
– The Sicilian pirate?
我们要和他谈什么?
What do we have to talk to him about?
很多事
A lot.
用这把钥匙吧
The key would help.
斯巴达克斯
Spartacus.
我一眼就可以看出你有一种王者的气势
I could tell at once. You have such an air of command about you.
你是来做生意还是来恭维我?
You here to do business or flatter me?
(Low whistle)
你干得很好
You’ve done well.
我们把这看作是我们应得的工资,拖欠很久了
We like to think of it as back wages,long owed.
这些够不够付我们的旅费?
Is it enough to buy us passage out of here?
– 你自己的那份?
– 我们所有人的
– For yourself?
– For all of us.
(Exhales in surprise)
带我们越过国境,他们就跟不上来了
Take us beyond the borders of the empire and they won’t follow.
这需要很多船,而且让我成为罗马的大敌
It would require a great many ships and make me many enemies in Rome.
– 那要多少箱金子?
– 像这样的,再五箱
– So how many trunks of gold?
– At least five more like this.
我们准备妥当的时候,怎么发信♥号♥♥给你?
When we are ready, how do I signal you?
到海岸边去,在我们在海上看得见的地方挥动这个
Get to the coast and fly this where it can be seen from the sea.
拿着
Take it.
为我们结成新的联盟准备的礼物
A gift for our new alliance.
我把它当作首♥付♥
I’ll take it as a down payment.
我最好找些人帮忙
I’d better get some help.
你付了很大一笔钱
That was a fortune you just gave away.
金子不能吃,也不能给我们带来强大的力量
We can’t eat gold,nor will it keep a sharp edge.
克雷斯,现在这个安排只能由我们这些人知道
Crixus, let’s keep this arrangement among ourselves for now.