and the slaves have taken to the hills,where their revolt spreads.
这就是我经常谈到的。这就是我们为什么需要强有力的领袖
This is what I am talking about.This is why we need strong leadership.
我建议我们立即出动步兵大队来平定这些反叛者
I propose that we send the city cohorts to crush this rebellion immediately.
罗马的整个军队?
The entire garrison of Rome?
你疯了吗?用来与奴隶们作战?
Are you out of your mind? To fight slaves?
这群危险的生物总共有多少人?他们由谁领导着?
How many of these dangerous creatures are there? Who are they led by?
这件事就好比照看一群狗一样
It is a job for an overseer and a pack of dogs.
他们打败了卡普亚的整个军队
They massacred the entire Capua garrison.
卡普亚的整个军队…
The garrison at Capua…
请原谅我的迟钝,但那是一群疲惫的伪战士
Forgive my bluntness,but an effete band of pretend soldiers.
奴隶的暴♥动♥从来不是个简单的问题,西西里岛的教训记忆犹新
A slave rebellion is never a simple affair.We all remember Sicily.
奴隶们两次起义
Twice the slaves attacked.
第二次,他们夺取了整个岛长达一年!
The second time, they seized the entire island for over a year!
这场造♥反♥正在进行着
This particular revolt is taking place
离我们现在坐着争吵的地方仅仅相隔100里
a mere 100 miles from where we now sit and squabble.
你是说我们应该把军团从前线召回吗?
Are you suggesting that we recall a legion from the frontier?
– 庞贝,也许?
– 花几个礼拜等他回来?
– Pompey, perhaps?
– And wait weeks for him?
奴隶们会等吗?我不这么认为
Will the slaves wait? I don’t think so.
我们必须在事态失控前马上处理这件事
We must deal with this matter promptly before it gets out of hand.
但是要整个步兵大队?
But the entire city cohorts?
3个,整整3个步兵大队
Three. Three full cohorts.
听谁的命令?
Under whose command?
我知道按常规,我们不该把自己的名字提出来
I realise that it is not customary for a man to put his own name forward.
那就请你不要打破以往惯例
Then please do not break precedent.
我正想建议由
I was about to suggest that the cohorts be sent
特图斯来指挥整个步兵大队
under the able command of Titus Glabrus.
我的天,我不知道该说些什么
My lord, I hardly know what to say.
谢谢您对我的信任
Thank you for your confidence in me.
如果这是议会和罗马人♥民♥的意愿,我愿意接受
If it is the will of the Senate and the people of Rome, then I accept.
如果这真的是议会的意愿,
If it is indeed the will of the Senate,
那么, 特图斯,去吧,带着我们的祝愿
then, Titus Glabrus, go with our blessings.
用罗马法律的力量和威严来打败这群乌合之众
Fall upon this rabble with all the weight and majesty of Roman law.
我们要穿越整个世界并一点一点地把它倒转!
We will march across the world and turn it over, stone by stone!
(Lively drumming and pipes playing)
看他们
Look at them.
他们觉得自己已经赢得了战争,但战争还尚未开始
They think the war is all won.It hasn’t even started.
我们怎么才能在给他们吃穿的同时,
How are we going to feed them or clothe them,
教会他们怎么打败罗马帝国呢?
much less train them to fight the Roman Empire?
我们要教会他们共同承担责任
By teaching them to share the burden.
像自♥由♥的人那样
Like free men.
(Fanfare)
你为什么推荐特图斯?他又蠢笨又无用
Why did you propose Glabrus?He’s as thick as he is vain.
– 但在政♥治♥上他很可靠
– 你为什么不把你自己的名字提出来?
– But politically dependable.
– Why didn’t you put yourself forward?
阿格里帕会因为怨恨而阻挠我
Agrippa would have blocked me out of spite.
况且,打败那些奴隶也没什么荣耀可言
Besides, there’s little honour in defeating slaves
但要是失败了,就将是奇耻大辱
and terrible shame if one fails.
如果特图斯成功了,
If Glabrus succeeds,
他只是平息了一场小小的造♥反♥,而且他欠下我一个人情
well, a minor rebellion is put down and he owes me a favour.
但如果他失败,全城的人都会惊慌失措
If he fails, the whole city will be panicked.
议会就要迎来一种长久的领导体系
And the Senate will embrace a more permanent system of leadership.
恐慌并不是一件坏事,卡俄斯
Fear isn’t a bad thing, Caius.
它会造就一批更顺从的选民
It makes for a more malleable electorate.
克拉苏说他想成为执政官
Crassus says he wants to be consul
重振罗马昔日的雄风
in order to restore the former glory of Rome.
但事实上他想让执政官成为一种更长久的职位—-皇帝
But really he wants to transform the consul into a more permanent position. Emperor.
克拉苏成为执政官的那一天
The day that Crassus becomes consul
就将是罗马共和国灭亡之日
is the day the Roman republic dies.
做决定的时刻来临了
The time has come to make some decisions.
– 我们要走?
– 去哪儿?
– We must leave?
– And go where?
– 我想回家
– 哪儿都一样
– I want to go home.
– Everywhere is the same as here.
哪儿都有主人和奴隶
Everywhere it is master and slave.
我想去哪儿就去哪儿,没人可以指挥我克雷斯去做什么
I go where I go.No man tells Crixus what to do any more.
下来,克雷斯
Come down, Crixus.
这是高卢人克雷斯
This is Crixus the Gaul.
可能是我们中最强壮的
– Maybe the strongest man among us.- (Murmuring, laughter)
但毕竟,他只是个人
But still, he’s only one man.
你能折断它吗?
Can you bend this?
把这些都折断
Now all of these.
我们就像是这些箭
We are like the arrows.
从个体来看,我们力量很弱
Separately, we’re weak.
但在一起,我们是不可战胜的
But together, we’re invincible.
这就是为什么罗马人这么努力地要把我们的部族一一分开
And that’s why the Romans worked so hard to divide us tribe by tribe.
– 我们是同一个部族的,是不是?
– 是!
– We’re one tribe, then?
– (All) Yes!
– 这是你们的愿望吗?
– 是!
– Is that your will?
– (All) Yes!
谁来领导我们?
(Woman) Who will lead us?
谁想领导尽管站出来
Stand up if you want to lead.
斯巴达克斯
Spartacus.
斯巴达克斯!斯巴达克斯!斯巴达克斯!斯巴达克斯!
(All) Spartacus! Spartacus! Spartacus!
如果这是你们的意愿,我愿意接受
If that is your wish.
但一个人不能成为专♥制♥者,我们需要法律
But so one man doesn’t become a tyrant,we need laws.
– 什么法律?
– 无论我们得到什么,我们都要共同分担
– What are they?
– Whatever we take we hold together.
任何一个人除了它的武器以外,都不能占有任何东西
No man owns anything but his own weapon.
– 我们可以得到金子,变得富有
– 我们要罗马人做我们的奴隶!
– We could be rich with the gold we take.
– We’ll make the Romans our slaves!
– 好!
– 我不会做奴隶主的!
– Yeah!
– I will not be a slave owner!
奴隶制是罪恶的
Slavery is an evil.
这种罪恶把人变成奴隶,把奴隶主变成动物
An evil that turns all men slaves and slave masters into animals.
所有的人,男人和女人,都应该是受到公正平等的对待
There will be equality and justice between man and woman.
– 我们是一个部族的,是不是?
– 是
– We’re one tribe, then?
– (All) Yes.
– 一个部族的?
– 是!
– One people?
– (All) Yes!
这是你们的愿望吗?
Is that your will?
这是我的愿望
It is my will.
也是我的愿望
(David) It is my will.
也是我的
It is my will.
也是我的
(All, murmuring) It is my will.
那以下这些就是我们要做的
Then this is what we’ll do.
我们要去种植园,一个一个地去,
We’ll go from plantation to plantation,from house to house,
去解放奴隶们,和那些试图阻止我们的人作战
free the slaves,and fight anyone who tries to stop us.
最后我们要去罗马建立一个新的世界
And we’ll make an end to Rome and build a new world
一个没有奴隶和主人的世界!
where there’ll be no more slaves and no more masters!
– 那儿发生什么事了?
– 种植园在焚烧稻麦残茬
– What is going on up there?
– Some plantation is burning the stubble.
烟也太大了
There’s too much smoke for that.
– 可能是森林大火什么吧
– 叫他们走快点
– Then there’s a forest fire or something.
– Tell them to go faster.
– 海伦娜!
– 快点!
– Helena!
– Faster!
为什么停下?这是什么意思?
Why are you stopping?What is the meaning of this?
不管你是谁,你现在阻挡了一个罗马公民的去路
Whoever you are, you are blocking the path of a citizen of Rome.
让开
Move out of the way.
把轿子抬起来!
Pick up your litters!
把轿子抬起来!
Pick up your litters!
把轿子抬起来!
– Pick up your litters!
– (Helena screams)
特图斯想让我们知道,尽管他还没有和那些歹徒直接相遇
Glabrus wishes us to know that while he has not yet encountered the brigands,
但他们的暴行随处可见
evidence of their atrocities is everywhere.
”我们还听说不肯加入他们的奴隶都会被杀
“We have heard that any slave who does not join their ranks is put to the sword
”所有不幸与他们相遇的罗马人
“and any Roman unfortunate enough to encounter them
”命运会比被杀更惨,
“meets a fate worse than death.
”我很遗憾地向你报告,在这些高贵的受害者中,
“It is with great regret that I report the murders of numerous nobles,
”有考纳利亚斯和他的妻子海伦娜”
“including Cornelius Lucius and his wife Helena.”
(Gasps)
海伦娜和考纳利亚斯?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!