– 新的时代需要新的规则
– Never in the history of…
– New times require new measures.
– 你们怎么看,议员们?
– 对!
– What say you, Senators?
– (All) Yes!
(Hammering)
(Hammering resumes)
你为什么不和我说话,范莱丽雅?
Why won’t you speak with me, Varinia?
他是怎样的一个人,斯巴达克斯?他是什么样的一个人?
What was he like, Spartacus?What was he like?
他只是个男人
He was just a man.
– 一个普通的男人
– 不
– A simple man.
– No.
他是个专业的屠♥杀♥者,他是个歹徒
He was a professional killer.He was an outlaw.
他和一切体面的,优秀的事情做对
And he was an enemy of everything fine and decent.
既然你已经有答案了
为什么还问我?
If you already have the answer then why ask?
因为你不停地在他身上浪费眼泪
Because you waste your tears on him.
我向你保证,五年后你就会把他的名字忘记
In five years we won’t even remember his name, I promise you.
那为什么你这么在乎他?
Then why does he still matter to you?
斯巴达克斯是前无古人的
Spartacus was something the world has never seen before.
他是与众不同的
He was something different.
如果人们想选择他的道路,他们可能会和他一样
He was the way that people might be if they chose.
我也可以不同,我可以
I can be something different. I can be…
我可以变成另一个人
(Clears throat) I can be someone else.
是的
Yes.
范莱丽雅
Varinia…
请你 爱我
please… love me.
爱我
Love me.
你永远也不可能成为他
He was something that you could never be.
杀!杀!杀!
(Crowd) Kill! Kill! Kill!
杀!杀!杀!
Death… death… death!
不!你不喜欢这种结束的方式?
No!Don’t like the way it ends?
我 是 斯巴达克斯!
I… am… Spartacus!
出去
Get out.
滚出去!
Get out!
(Hammering)
(David groaning and gasping)
我来了
Here I am.
你还是没什么可说的吗?
Do you still have nothing to say?
我会回来的
I will be back.
无数的人会前赴后继
And I will be millions.
(Screams)
哦,别想那样看着我
Oh, don’t look at me like that.
我迷茫了,弗拉维斯
I’ve lost, Flavius.
罗马迷茫了
Rome has lost.
在今天被凯撒挫败了
Outflanked by that toady Caesar.
你是说克拉苏?
Don’t you mean Crassus?
凯撒是真正坐收渔翁之利的
Caesar is the real beneficiary here.
– 告诉我些好消息
– 没有
– Tell me some good news.
– There is none.
克拉苏把阿皮亚安的道路变成了一片坟墓
Crassus turned the Appian Way into a graveyard.
要在十字架上钉死6000个人,我听说
6,000 crucifixions, I hear.
整片森林都被砍倒了
Whole forests cut down.
树木爱好者们会揭竿而起
The tree lovers will be up in arms.
腐尸的臭味没人受得了
The stench of rotting flesh is unbearable.
但这尸体
But the corpse…
是罗马的
is Rome’s.
文明被钉在了十字架上
Civilization hangs on the cross.
我们做了什么?
What have we done?
给我说点蜚短流长
Now tell me some dirt. Gossip.
我听说克拉苏秘密地独占了斯巴达克斯的妻子范莱丽雅
Well, I hear that Crassus has secretly taken Spartacus’ wife Varinia
把她和斯巴达克斯的儿子关在他的府邸里
and keeps her and Spartacus’ child locked away in his house.
像金子一样珍视她,但她却嘲弄了他
Treats her like gold but she scorns him.
现在也是这样,这个范莱丽雅?
Mm-hm? Even now, this Varinia?
我想是战利品吧
War trophy, I imagine.
– 我可以来杯酒吗?
– 自便吧
– Can I have a drink?
– Help yourself.
我愿意出大价钱把她抢过来
I would pay a lot… to steal her.
你发疯了?
Are you out of your mind?
– 这是自杀
– 我愿出两百万塞斯特斯
– It would be suicide.
– Two million sesterces.
我们授予庞贝和克拉苏
We bestow upon Gnaeus Pompey and Marcus Crassus
这个光荣而尊贵的头衔—罗马的共同执政官
the honourable and noble title of co-consul of the Roman Empire.
从这一刻开始
From this moment on…
你们所有的人
you are all…
都自♥由♥了
free.
这个桌子上的卷轴是给你们每个人的
Here on the table is a scroll for each of you
它证明了你们已经合法地
declaring you legally…
自♥由♥了
free.
(Crowd cheering)
别以为我会无知到
Do not imagine for one uneducated moment
没有意识到你和凯撒
that I am unaware of how you and Caesar
夺取了应该属于我的胜利
denied me my rightful triumph.
你知道我为什么比你更受欢迎,克拉苏?
You know why I am so much more popular than you, Crassus?
因为人们很自然地会喜欢刚升起的朝阳多过即将下沉的夕阳
Because it is only natural to prefer the rising sun to the one that sets.
你出去吧
Leave us.
– 我们没有很多时间,阿格里帕
– 你在外面等吧
– We haven’t much time, Agrippa.
– Wait outside.
你为什么这样做?
Why have you done this?
首先,这对克拉苏是个沉重打击
At first, it was just a thumb in Crassus’ eye.
但是进一步想想
But the more I thought about it, well…
也许这是一个愚蠢的老人最后的偿还?
A foolish old man’s last gesture of… redemption, maybe?
昨天我冷静地思考了以后,
After I sobered up yesterday,
我开始思考这一小队的奴隶
I started to meditate as to how a handful of slaves
是怎么打败世界上最伟大的军队的
could almost defeat the greatest military power in the world.
你知道我是怎么想的吗?
Do you know what I think?
我想你们是为了你们的自♥由♥
I think that you fought for your freedom,
是为了你们孩子们的生命
for your children’s lives,
你们的妇女的荣耀
the honour of your women…
以及世界上所有的好的东西
and all that is good in the world.
而罗马在为什么而战?
And Rome fought for what?
为了鞭子和十字架
The whip and the cross.
我爱罗马但她变成了个娼妓
I love Rome but she’s become a whore.
我轻视她,但我太老了已经无法离开她了
I despise what she is but I’m too old to leave her.
事实上,罗马变成现在这样我也有责任
And in truth, I helped to make Rome what she has become.
阿格里帕,我们必须走了
Agrippa, we have to go.
是的,把车备好
Yes, get the chariot ready.
你的儿子叫什么名字?
What is your son’s name?
斯巴达克斯
Spartacus.
斯巴达克斯
Spartacus.
你令我自惭形秽
You shame me.
你令我们所有人自惭形秽
You shamed us all.
弗拉维斯会带领你的
Flavius will lead you.
他是用金钱能买♥♥到的最忠诚的罗马人了
He is as loyal a Roman as money can buy.
我已经把我的感情告诉了你,
(Senator) Having thus imparted to you my sentiments
因为他们已经被这件事唤醒了,我将。。。
as they have been awakened
by the occasion, I shall take…
– 阿格里帕在哪儿?
– 那个男妓?
– Where is Agrippa?
– That pimp?
谁在乎他?
Who cares?
她在哪儿?
Where is she?
-她在哪儿?
– Where is she?
– (Yelps, choking gasp)
(Groans, exhales)
非同寻常
Remarkable…
Whoa!
现在你安全了
You’re safe now.
谢谢
Thank you.
祝你好运
Good luck.
这就是事情的来龙去脉
(Varinia) ‘And that is how we came here.’
那故事的结局是什么?
And how does the story end?
我不知道,斯巴达克斯
I don’t know, Spartacus.
现在该轮到你的故事了
It becomes your story now
你要找到你自己的结局
and you must find your own ending.
“斯巴达克斯”
-=结束=-

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!