好 非常感谢 谢谢
Okay, thank you so much. Thank you.
好 再见
Okay, bye.
他会再打过来
He’s gonna call back.
他说了什么
What did he say?
写下来 告诉我他说了…
Write it down. Tell… what did he…
“会再打过来”
“Call back.”
他会再打过来 就这样
He’s gonna call back – that’s all?
该死的赫克特
Fuckin’ Hector.
我们现在怎么办
What are we gonna do now?
你想怎么做 露
What do you want to do, Lou?
妈的
Fuck this.
是赫克特
It’s Hector.
对 他在
Yeah, he’s here.
不是太好
Not so good.

Okay.
好 你说的是什么…
yeah, what- what… what is it and…
什么 有什么计划
What? What’s the plan?
我们在密苏里州 要花几天才能到
Well, we’re- we’re in Missouri, so that’s gonna take a few days.
我不太清楚
I don’t… I don’t really know.
不不不 我们马上就出发
No, no, no, we’ll leave right away.

Okay, yeah.
好 谢谢
Okay, thank you.
非常感谢 我真的很感激你
Thank you so much. I really, really appreciate it.
谢谢
Thank you.
好 我会告诉他
No, yeah, I’ll tell him.

Okay.
再见
Bye.
说了什么
What?
他找了个地方
He’s found a place.
失聪儿童区
是他吗
Is that him?
鲁本
Ruben.
你好 抱歉 我不会手语
Hi. I don’t… I’m sorry, I don’t know that.
我是鲁本
I’m Ruben.
这是露
Yeah, this is Lou.
你好 我是露
Hi. I’m… I’m Lou.
抱歉 我要读唇语
I’m sorry, I read lips.
我叫露
M- My name is Lou.
-露 我是乔 -你好 乔
– Lou. I’m Joe. – Hi, Joe.
-介意我跟他聊聊吗 -不介意
– You mind if I borrow him for a minute? – No.
好 我们聊的时候
All right, you mind watching my beast here for me
你能帮我看着狗吗
while we have a talk?
好吧
Well, okay.
露 这是路易
Lou, this is Louie.
它是我的助听犬
He’s my hearing dog.
它告诉我你们到了
He let me know you were here.
它的名字取自59年白袜队球员
I named it after Louie Aparicio
-路易·阿帕里西奥 -好
– from the White Sox in ’59. – Okay.
要想跟它打好关系
You want to be best friends with him,
-就给它吃这个 -好的
– give him one of these. – Oh, sure.
-好吗 -好
– Okay? – Yeah.
那个…
Yo, what about…
露 你来吗
Lou, you coming?
不 你去吧
No, no, you.
-你确定吗 -确定
– You sure? – Yeah.
-我不会花太久 好吗 -好
– I won’t be long, okay? – Okay.
乖乖的
You be a good boy!

Okay.
测试
Test.
好了
Okay.
这个能用
So, it works.
你看这个可以吗
Is this okay for you?
可以 你能听见我说话吗
Yeah, can you hear me?
不能 我读你的唇语
No. No, I’m gonna read your lips.
可能会漏掉一些 但我尽量 好吗
I might miss some things, but I’m gonna try, okay?
-好 -你说话尽量吐字清晰
– Okay. – Just try, try to speak clearly.

Yeah.
你好吗 鲁本
How are you, Ruben?
你好吗 鲁本
我还好
I’m okay.
你有毒瘾吗
You’re an addict?

Yeah.
哪种毒品
What sort of drugs?
我吸哪种毒品
What’d I take?
来者不拒
Everything.
主要是海♥洛♥因♥
Mainly heroin.
海♥洛♥因♥
Heroin.
你失去听力后 想过要吸毒吗
Have you thought about using since you lost your hearing?
今天不太好过
Today is not a good day.
我头脑不清楚
I’m not thinking clear today.
聊聊我的情况吧
Let’s talk about me.
我酗酒
I’m an alcoholic.
越战的时候 一枚炸♥弹♥在我身边爆♥炸♥
I lost my hearing in the Vietnam War
我因此失去了听力
when a bomb exploded near me.
我还记得那枚炸♥弹♥爆♥炸♥时
I still remember the music I was listening to
我在听的音乐
when that bomb went off.
在那之后 我失去了一切
After that, I lost everything else –
我的妻子 我的孩子
my wife, my kid.
注意 鲁本 那不是因为我聋了
Not because of being deaf, mind you, Ruben.
而是因为酗酒
It was the beer.
你戒毒多久了
How long you been clean?
四年了
Four years.
四年
Four?
你现在需要帮助吗
And you need some help right now?
我应该去看看露
Yo, I should check on Lou.
你们俩在一起多久了
How long you two been together?
四年
Four years.
你搞音乐 对吗
You play music, right?
-不 -不
– No. – No?
现在不搞了
No, not anymore.
我得先去装植入设备
Not until I get the implant.
-植入设备 -对
– Implant? – Yeah.
抱歉 你了解现在的植入设备吗
Sorry, you know about these implants they got now?
就是 他们有植入设备
It’s like… it’s like, uh… th- they have implants.
我知道 对
I know. Yes.
很贵
Expensive.
对 谢谢 确实很贵
Yeah. Thank you. Yes, they are.
好了
So…
你要明白
You should understand that, uh,
这是个失聪人士社区
this is a Deaf community.
不只是有我的项目 我们属于
Not just my program, but we’re part
你要明白 鲁本
这是个失聪人士社区 不只是有我的项目
我们属于一个更大的失聪人士社区
一个更大的失聪人士社区
of a larger Deaf community.
我的项目 和参加项目的人
And my program, and the people in it,
都从这个失聪人士社区中受益良多
they benefit tremendously from that Deaf community.
我们同他们合作
We work with them,
他们也同我们合作
and they work with us.
但有一点很重要
But it’s very important,
如果你想留在这里
if you want to be here,
你要明白 我们想要解决的
to understand that we’re looking for a solution to…
是思想的问题
to this…
而不是听力的问题
not this.
你叫露也进来吧
Why don’t you go invite Lou in here?

Sure.

Lou!
他想跟你谈谈
This guy wants to talk to you.

Okay.
我觉得你现在应该
Well… I think it’s important
留在我们这里 鲁本
that you stay here with us right now, Ruben,
学点手语
learn some sign language,
踏踏实实地适应

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!