I lost my family.
我的家人都遇难了
Another family, they all died…
另一家人 全死了
I’m so sad.
我好难过
You okay?
你没事吧
Yeah.
没事
It’s all right, don’t be sorry for compassion, Bethany.
没关系 贝萨妮 无需遮掩怜悯之情
It can move us to do amazing things.
它可以让我们创造奇迹
And it can help you get a new perspective.
可以给你一个全新的视角
Why don’t you take a minute,
歇一会儿吧
then when you’re feeling better, come back and join us.
调整好情绪后 再过来
‘Cause there’s a lot to do. Okay?
今天可有的忙呢 好吗
Good.
很好
Here you go.

Hello.
你好
Here you go.

How come no one’s in the water? We brought all these boards.
我们带来这么多冲浪板 怎么都没人下水呢
Still petrified.
依然心有余悸
Is it safe? Yeah.
现在下水安全吗 安全
Something’s missing, yeah?
少了点什么 是吧
They said he wandered up a few days after the tsunami.
他们说海啸后他就在这里游荡
What’s his name? They don’t know.
他叫什么 没人知道
He hasn’t said a word, he won’t even smile.
他不说话也不笑
Hey, do you want to go in the water?
想不想去水里玩呢
Do you want to go out to the ocean and go swimming?
想不想去海里游游泳啊
No?
不想吗
Hey, can I borrow your board? Yeah.
借我用下冲浪板行吗 行
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks.
多谢
They say the Lord works in mysterious ways.
大家常说 冥冥之中上帝自有安排
I say that’s an understatement.
我觉得远不止此
Who would have thought that teaching a kid to surf
谁会料到教一个孩子冲浪
would teach me that
会让我明白
surfing isn’t the most important thing in the world?
冲浪并非世上最重要的事
And that something else is.
其实最重要的是
Love.

Bigger than any tidal wave.
爱之博大 远胜于千波万浪
More powerful than any fear.
能够战胜一切恐惧
Hey, I’m home!
我回来了
Hey, there she is.
她回来了
How was your trip? Great.
旅行怎样 太棒了
What’s all this stuff?
这些是什么
Oh, you know, just a little fan mail.
一点点粉丝来信而已
Went ahead and sorted it out by country.
过来把它们按地区分一下吧
Are you serious? Yup.
真的吗 当然
And apparently, you are very popular in Madagascar.
显然你在马达加斯加颇受欢迎啊
No way.
不可能吧
“Dear Bethany. My name is Stephanie Bolt,
亲爱的贝萨妮 我叫斯蒂芬妮·伯特
“I’m 11 years old and I go to
我今年十一岁
Northcross intermediate School in New Zealand.”
在新西兰诺什克斯中学读书
People are so amazing.
他们真是太了不起了
There’s an eighth grader from North Carolina,
在北加利福尼亚有个八年级的学生
who lost his arm.
也失去了一条胳膊
Logan, and he says
他叫洛根 他说
he’s gonna try out for his school soccer team because of me.
他听了我的故事准备参加校足球队的选拔
And he’s rooting for me in my next competition.
他还准备为我下场比赛捧场
I mean, I don’t understand, I totally blew it at regionals.
我不明白 我在地区赛中全搞砸了
Why would they want me to compete?
为什么他们还对我抱有希望
You tried.
你努力了
And apparently, Dylan and Stephanie like that.
显然 迪伦和斯蒂芬妮很欣赏这一点
Hey, Dad. I need your help.
爸爸 帮我个忙
Name it. I think I want to compete.
帮什么 我想参加比赛
You sure?
确定吗
You don’t have to.
不必勉强的
I’ll take it heat by heat.
我要全力以赴每一场比赛
Okay.
好吧
So we need to figure out something.
我们先得解决点小问题
Some way so when I duck dive, I don’t get pounded.
有什么办法可以让我潜越时不被冲落
Yeah.

You mean something like this?
你想要的是这个吗
Yeah.
没错
You sure she can use it in competition?
你确定比赛时能用那个吗
Sure. Judges don’t score on how you get out to the waves.
没问题 裁判又不给出水方式打分
They only care what you do when you catch one.
他们只关心你上浪后怎么做
Go ahead, say it.
想说就说吧
I’m a genius.
我是个天才
You are… Come on, say it.
你是个… 别害羞 说吧
Tom, you’re a genius!
汤姆 你是个天才
Genius. You’re very smart.
天才 你很聪明
Genius. Come on, you know it.
是天才 你明明想说的
You’re cute. You’re very cute. Genius. Genius.
你很可爱 非常可爱 是天才 天才
Hey. Hey.
你好 你好
Remember me? No.
记得我吗 不记得了
That’s really nice. Best friends since birth, nothing?
很好 从小到大最好的朋友 都忘了啊
No. Nothing. Good. Good sign.
是啊 都忘了 好吧 好兆头
Hey, thanks for coming.
谢谢你能来
Thanks for calling.
谢谢你邀请
I’m sorry I snapped at you at regionals. Me, too.
很抱歉在地区赛上我态度不好 我也很抱歉
I miss you. Me, too.
我很想你 我也很想你
Friends? Of course.
还做朋友吗 当然
This is the moment
就是这一刻
It’s on the line
成败一线间
Which way you gonna fall?
该如何抉择
In the middle
在错与对
between wrong and right
之间徘徊
But you know after all
但你终究会明白
It’s your life
这就是你的人生
What you gonna do?
你该如何是好
The world is watching you
世界注视着你
Every day the choices you make
每天你做出的选择
Say what you are
诉说着你是谁
and who your heart beats for
为谁而存在
It’s an open door
如一扇敞开的门
It’s your life
这就是你的人生
Hey, Bethany!
贝萨妮
I saw you surfing out there this morning. You were amazing.
今早我看见你在海边冲浪了 太了不起了
Maybe for a girl with one arm.
对于独臂女孩来说可能是吧
By any standard.
以任何标准评判都是
As for one arm, that just levels the playing field.
对独臂来说 简直就是竞技水平
All right, all right. What do you want?
好了 好了 你到底想说什么
I want you to dominate at nationals.
我希望你在全国锦标赛中获胜
Hey, Keoki, thanks.
凯奇 谢谢你
For what?
谢我什么
Just for always showing up for me, no matter what.
就谢你老是在我眼前晃来晃去 不管因为什么
Well, it’s because I care about you.
那是因为我关心你
I mean, even if you did miss my last competition and all.
哪怕是你错过了我所有的比赛和决赛
I was in the hospital you psycho. Excuses, excuses.
你有病啊 我在医院呢 借口 都是借口
Bethany, I’m sorry. I wasn’t even… Gotcha.
贝萨妮 对不起 我不是故意的 骗到你了
Sucker!
笨蛋
Welcome to the Rip Curl Junior Nationals Surfing Championship.
欢迎来到瑞普科尔杯全国青少年冲浪锦标赛
David Stanfield along with Bo Hodge.
由大卫·斯坦菲尔德和博·霍奇为您解说
And, Bo, we have an exciting day today.
对了 博 今天天气真不错
We’ve got an excellent day of surfing on hand.
对即将开始的冲浪比赛来说是个绝佳的日子
We’re going to see
我们将要看到
the best amateur surfers from around the country today.
来自全国的最好的业余冲浪选手
We have a panel of four international judges
这次全国锦标赛的裁判小组
watching this national championship.
由四位国际裁判组成
High and low scores are thrown out,
我们将去掉最高分和最低分
but what are the judges exactly looking for?
那么裁判们靠什么评分呢
Well, Dave, we have 25-minute heats.
戴夫 预赛的时间是25分钟
Each rider is allowed to catch a maximum of 10 waves per heat.
每场预赛中每位选手最多可以上浪十次

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!