Let me just see how it works on my board.
我在冲浪板上试试看
Not weight bearing.
假肢不能负重
How am I supposed to use it to push up on my board?
那我怎么才能撑住冲浪板起身呢
I think you might have to do that with the other arm.
我想你只能用另一只手了
So, is there a way I can grab the rails to duck dive?
那我能用它抓住板缘做潜越吗
Honey, why don’t you just give it a chance?
宝贝 干嘛不戴着试试呢
How am I supposed to paddle and surf in this thing?
可我戴着它还怎么划水冲浪
I mean, look at it!
你自己看看
Yeah.
是困难点
Because the remainder of your arm is so short,
你胳膊残存的部分很短
mobility will be limited.
所以灵活性有限
But there’s so much more you can do…
但戴上它会方便省事很多
Can I take it off, please?
拜托让我摘了它行吗
Every single thing… Take it off.
能做很多事 摘了它
She said she wants you to take it off.
她让你摘了它
You can turn that off.
你关掉摄像机
Hey! No! Hey! Don’t! Hey! Drop it!
别咬 喂 放开
Ginger! Drop it! Ginger, stop!
金杰 放开 金杰 别咬
Drop it! No. Release!
放开 不 放开
Honey, you can still surf without it.
宝贝 不戴它你也能冲浪
Let it go! Ginger!
放开它 金杰
Bad dog! Ginger!
坏狗狗 金杰
Bad dog!
坏狗狗
I like her better that way.
我更喜欢她现在的样子
Dad was right.
爸爸说得对
I don’t need it to surf.
少一条胳膊我也能冲浪
No, you don’t.
的确如此
Would it be better to just say it out loud?
这样说出来会好受点吗
I thought…
我还以为
I thought at least with clothes on, I could have two arms.
至少穿着衣服时 看上去能有两条胳膊
Thought I could look normal.
可以看起来像个正常人
Normal is so overrated.
别太看重这些
But people like normal, Mom.
但妈妈 他们都喜欢正常人
Who? Guys do.
谁 男孩们
I mean, who will even like me with this?
谁会喜欢我这样的女孩呢
The right guy will love you exactly the way you are.
真正爱你的男孩 不会在意你现在的样子
Because you’re beautiful.
因为你很漂亮
How do you know?
你怎么知道
Because I know.
因为我了解你
What’s that worth, right? Nothing.
这又有什么用呢 毫无意义
What are you doing?
你干嘛呢
We had this statue in my house, when I was a little girl.
我小时候 家里摆着这个雕像
It was a replica from a museum my parents once went to.
是我父母从博物馆带回来的仿制品
I didn’t even think about it until just now.
我之前一直没在意
Venus de Milo.
《米罗的维纳斯》
For centuries, all around the world,
几世纪以来
she was considered the pinnacle of beauty.
她是全世界公认的美的化身
And she has one less arm than you.
她比你还少一条胳膊呢
Yeah, but I can surf.
没错 而且我还会冲浪
So, Regionals.
好了 为了预选赛
What we have to do is to get you from here
通过训练 你得从长板过渡到
to here.
短板
It’s not going to be easy.
这可不简单
I don’t need easy, I just need possible.
我只想成功 难不难无所谓
With you, anything’s possible.
对于你 一切皆有可能
Let’s do it.
开始吧
Right there. On the take off.
就是这里 在起乘的时候
Right there. Now, look. A little back step. Yeah.
这里 看 你有点太靠后了 是啊
That could be a sign…
那就意味着…
‘Cause that time I wiped out.
那时没力气了
Just a hair late when you take off.
起乘的时候稍微慢了一点
So, I’ll just adjust my body so that my weight is even more…
那我就调整一下姿势来保持平衡
Or bring your arm all the way around. Yes.
或者一直伸着胳膊 没错
Look at her. That’s it. That’s it, right there!
看看她 就是这样 没错 那里
That is perfect. Okay.
动作很到位 是吧
That’s what you want to go for every time. Yup.
每次都做到这样就好了 好的
How’d you feel out there this morning?
今天早上训练感觉怎么样
Pretty good.
非常好
I mean, I have a little trouble getting under the big waves,
虽然对付大浪还是有点困难
But once I’m up, I’m solid.
但只要站起来 就很稳了
I’ll come in if I can’t handle it, okay?
要是撑不住了我会上岸的 放心吧
Good morning. I’m Piper Borraow.
早上好 我是派珀·保罗
And I’m Rob Bucannan.
我是罗布·布坎南
And we’d like to welcome you to the Hawaiian Island Regionals.
欢迎各位来观看夏威夷地区预选赛
How do you feel? Like barfing.
感觉怎么样 有点恶心
Yeah, well, aim for Malina.
那就对着玛丽娜开吐吧
If you don’t want to do this, you don’t have to.
要是不想参赛不必勉强自己
I’m not going to pull out now.
我不会临阵脱逃
Besides everyone knows I’ve entered.
而且大家都知道我报名参赛了
It’s now or never.
成败在此一举
Soledad O’Brien is in Phuket, Thailand.
索莱达·奥布莱恩已经抵达泰国普吉岛
She has been following efforts by some survivors
她正跟随当地的幸存者
to find their missing loved ones.
一起努力寻找他们失踪的亲人
Hey, Bethany. Good luck out there today, yeah.
好啊 贝萨妮 祝你今天好运啊
Thanks.
谢谢
Man, that’s really awful.
天哪 太可怕了
Clearly, wherever you look along the path of this tsunami
显然 凡是海啸席卷过的地方
there is just stories of loss, and thousands already…
均有人员失踪报道 已有上千人…
I hope you guys get a lot of donations.
希望你们筹到了足够的捐款
Yeah, Sarah’s organizing a trip to help the kids in Thailand.
是啊 莎拉正组织大家去泰国帮助那里的儿童
My heat’s coming up, I gotta go. Bye.
比赛要开始了 我得走了 再见
Great to have you back, Bethany.
贝萨妮 你能再来参赛真好
Thanks, it’s good to be back.
谢谢 能回来真好
So you’re actually going through with this?
你还真要硬撑着参赛啊
Yeah.
没错
Hey, Bethany. Hey.
你好 贝萨妮 你好
Judges have approved giving you a five minute head start.
评委同意你提前五分钟开始
I don’t want it. Bethany.
不用了 贝萨妮
I don’t need it.
我不需要特殊照顾
Okay.
好吧
Come on, Bethany.
加油 贝萨妮
First heat has started,
第一轮预赛拉开序幕
and the girls are making their way out into the lineup.
选手们纷纷划入等浪区
All right, we’ve got Bethany Hamilton in the blue jersey
身穿蓝衫贝萨妮·汉密尔顿
trying to catch her first wave.
正努力追着一道浪
See ya!
先走一步了
Bethany unable to get into that wave.
贝萨妮没能抢得先机
Meanwhile, Malina Birch scratches into one.
同时玛丽娜·布姬成功地驭浪而行
Looks like a good one.
看来那道浪不错
All right, Malina Birch
来关注玛丽娜·布姬
dropped in on that inside roll, nice bottom turn.
她乘上了浪壁 漂亮的浪谷回转
Off the bottom, coming up.
从底部跃起 滑过浪峰
Comes around the corner,
在浪边缘转一圈
gets a nice vertical off the top there,
然后一个漂亮的浪峰垂直滑降
as she kicks out to the challengers.
她应该可以遥遥领先了
Hamilton drops into a nice looking wave.
哈密尔顿漂亮地起乘了
A little loss of control there.
身形还有些不稳
But nice recovery. She cuts back into the white water.
但调整得漂亮 接着切回了白浪区
Should be a decent scoring ride for the surfer in blue.
蓝衣选手的得分应该也不错
All right, Alana Blanchard, drops into a wave of her own,
这边 阿♥拉♥纳·布兰查德也成功起乘
nice off the bottom, big snap off the top.
在浪谷驭浪而上 到浪峰来了个急转滑降
Sets up again for a nice cut back into the white water.
紧接着漂亮地切回白浪
Speeding down the line,
直线滑行
looking for a little tube section, gets in there.
她冲入了一小段管浪
Threads that little barrel and exits.
顺利穿过了那道浪管
Nice wave for Alana Blanchard.
阿♥拉♥纳·布兰查德这道浪的表现真棒
All right, Rockwell, it looks like at the ten minute mark,
洛克威尔 比赛已经进行十分钟了
we have Malina Birch in first with a 7.3 on her first ride.
玛丽娜·布姬以7.3分暂时名列第一
Alana Blanchard is second with a 6.2.
阿♥拉♥纳·布兰查德以6.2分紧随其后
And in third place, Leila Hurst with a 5.3.
第三位的是莱拉·赫斯特 5.3分

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!