“You are such a beautiful lover. I had to leave,
“原谅我不辞而别 但我要回内森身边
“and forgive me for not saying goodbye, but I must go back to Nathan.
“相信我 你会找到好女人
“Believe me, you will find some wonderful woman
“在农场给你快乐
“to make you happy on that farm.
“醒来后想起内森我便觉得难受
“But when I woke, I was feeling so terrible
“觉得绝望
“and in despair about Nathan.
“我是指我充满内疚 想起死亡
“By that, I mean so filled with guilt, thoughts of death.
“它像冰一样在我血中流动
“It was like ice flowing in my blood.
“所以我必须不惜一切重回内森身旁
“So I must be with Nathan again, for whatever that means.
“我可能不会再见到你
“I may not see you again,
“但请相信 你对我意义重大
“but do believe me how much knowing you has meant to me.
“斯汀戈 你是难得的情人
“You are a great lover, Stingo.
“苏菲”
“Sophie. ”
兰道 兰-道
Landau. L-A-N-D-A-U.
他在药厂的实验室工作
He worked in a pharmaceutical lab.
所以取得氰化物
I think that’s how he got a hold of the cyanide, you see.
他们在床边发现氰化物
They found it next to the bed, you know.
什么实验室
What lab, do you know?
我不清楚位于何处
I’m not sure where it was.
内森·兰道的书
埃米莉·狄更斯的精选诗集
“让这张床宽宽敞敞
“Ample make this bed.
“让这张床充满敬畏
“Make this bed with awe.
“在床上
“In it,
“等待最后的裁判
“wait till judgment break,
“完美而公正
“excellent and fair.
“让床上的垫子平坦
“Be its mattress straight.
“让床上的枕头浑♥圆♥
“Be its pillow round.
“不要让日出的黄色噪音
“Let no sunrise yellow noise
“打扰此地”
“interrupt this ground.”
我在布鲁克林这陌生地方
And so ended my voyage of discovery
的探索之旅就此结束
in a place as strange as Brooklyn.
我忘却对苏菲和内森
I let go of the rage and sorrow for Sophie and Nathan
以及无数属于少数被屠♥杀♥ 出♥卖♥♥♥
and for the many others who were but a few
和殉难儿童的愤怒和哀伤
of the butchered and betrayed and martyred children of the Earth.
当我终于再次看见时
When I could finally see again,
我见到浑浊的河上映出第一线晨光
I saw the first rays of daylight reflected in the murky river.
这不是审判日
This was not judgment day.
只是一个清晨
Only morning.
美好的清晨
Morning, excellent and fair.