Don’t go away.
知道我会怎样对付你们这样可鄙的贱猪吗
You know what I’m going to do to you two deceitful, unspeakable pigs?
听着
Listen!
我马上来找你们
Now I’m coming to get you.
天
Oh, God!
我打电♥话♥到他哥哥的办公室
I called his brother’s office.
拉利在多伦多 但他们会设法找到他
Larry is in Toronto, but they’re going to try and reach him.
我应该留在那儿
I should’ve stayed there.
我可能帮到他
Maybe I could’ve helped him.
他未曾这样糟糕过
He’s never been this bad before.
我想他可能会杀了我们
I think he could’ve killed us.
我想他会杀掉我们二人
I think he could’ve killed us both.
我不在乎丧命
I don’t care that I would die.
我只是担心没有了我他会死
I am afraid that he will die without me.
谢谢
Thank you.
斯汀戈
Stingo?
我们去哪里
Where are we going?
我想带你去看华盛顿的风景
Well, I want to take you to see the Washington sights.
-嗯 -到白宫
– Mmm-hmm? – In the White House.
可能会见到杜鲁门总统
Maybe get a peek at Harry Truman.
嗯
Yeah.
我是指
I mean,
我们去哪里
where are we going?
我们真的要去那里
Where are we really going?
我会带你去我提过的
Well, I’m going to take you down to that farm
南弗吉尼亚州的农场
that I told you about, in southern Virginia.
嗯
Hmm.
我们在那儿安顿下来后
I think once we get settled in there,
可以开车去里士满
we can drive over to Richmond,
买♥♥一部好的唱机 也许还买♥♥几张唱片
get a good phonograph, maybe buy some records.
你说”安顿下来”是什么意思
What do you mean, “Get settled in there”?
苏菲 我很爱你
Well, I love you very much, Sophie.
我想娶你
And I want to marry you.
我想你跟我在农场住
I want you to live down there on that farm with me.
我在那儿写作 我想你帮我
When I write my books there, I want you to help me
帮我建立家庭
and I want you to help me raise a family
因为我深爱你
because I love you very, very much.
希望你爱我
Is it too much to hope
是否也属奢望
that you might love me, too?
斯汀戈 我已经30多岁
Listen, Stingo, I’m beyond 30 years now, you know.
你要我这波兰老妇干吗
What are you going to do with an old Polish lady like me?
怎么会 怎么会是
Manage. I’ll manage.
“老妇”
“Old woman.”
别那样说
Don’t talk that way.
你永远
You’re always going to be
是我的至爱
my number one.
好的 我们到那里去
Well, then, yes, okay. We could go down there. Sure.
在那里住一段时间 然后
We could live there for a while and then…
我们不结婚 因为可以迟些再决定
We’re not getting married because we could decide that later, you know.
苏菲 我说的那个将要
Sophie, the kind of little country place
去居住的那个小乡村
I’m talking about that we’d be living in,
我们要结了婚才能去住
we’d have to be married.
因为那儿是基♥督♥徒住的
Jesus, Sophie, these are Christians down there, you know.
我不知道 我是指
Well, I don’t know, I mean,
快点结婚 我很久之前已经爱上你了
getting married soon, I’ve loved you a very long time.
我知道你也喜欢我
I know you’re fond of me.
给大家一点时间吧
Give us time. Just give us time.
我们会好的
We’ll be fine.
斯汀戈 我们之间
It is not just the age difference, you know,
不仅是年龄上的差距
between you and me, Stingo.
你应该找别的人生儿育女
You should have another mother for your children.
我只要你
Only you.
由我当你子女的母亲对他们不公平
It would not be fair to your children to have me as their mother.
苏菲 他们会是全世界最幸运的孩子
Sophie, they would be the luckiest children in the world.
我告诉你
I’m going to tell you something.
我要告诉你一些 我从未对人说过的事
I’m going to tell you something now I have never told anybody.
从未 但我要喝杯酒 可以先给我一杯酒吗
Never, but I need a drink, so would you get me that first?
我们去奥斯维辛集中营那天
On the day that we went
是春天
to Auschwitz, it was spring, you know,
我们在晚上抵达
and we arrived there at night.
当晚很温暖 夜色很美
It was a warm night, it was a beautiful night.
妈 你弄疼我了
Mommy, you’re hurting me!
你真美
You’re so beautiful.
我想跟你上♥床♥
I’d like to get you in bed.
你是波兰人吗
Are you a Polack?
你
You!
你是污秽的共♥产♥党吗
Are you also one of those filthy communists?
我是波兰人
lam a Pole!
我在克拉科出生 不是犹太人 我的子女也不是
I was born in Krakow! I am not a Jew! Neither are my children!
他们不是犹太人 是绝对纯种的
They’re not Jews. They are racially pure.
我是基♥督♥徒
I’m a Christian.
我是虔诚的天主教♥徒♥
I’m a devout Catholic.
你不是共♥产♥党吗
You’re not a communist?
你是教♥徒♥
You’re a believer.
长官 是 我相信基♥督♥
Yes, sir. I believe in Christ.
那么你相信基♥督♥是救赎者吗
So you believe in Christ, the Redeemer?
信
Yes!
她不是说
Did he not say,
“受苦的儿童
“Suffer the little children
“来我身边吗”
“to come unto me?”
你可以保留其中一名孩子
You may keep one of your children.
什么
I beg your pardon?
你可以保留其中一名孩子
You may keep one of your children.
另一个要送走
The other one must go.
你是说我要选一个吗
You mean, I have to choose?
你是波兰人 不是犹太人
You’re a Polack not a Yid.
所以有优先权 有选择权
That gives you a privilege, a choice.
我不能选 我不能选
I can’t choose! I can’t choose!
-安静 -我不能选
– Be quiet. – I can’t choose!
选 否则两个都要送到那里去
Choose! Or I’ll send them both over there!
选一个
Make a choice!
别让我选 我办不到
Don’t make me choose! I can’t!
我将两个都送到那里去
I’ll send them both over there.
住口 够了
Shut up! Enough!
我叫你住口 选一个
I told you to shut up! Make a choice!
别让我选 我办不到
Don’t make me choose! I can’t!
-我将两个都送到那里去 -我不能选
– I’ll send them both over there! – I can’t choose!
将两个孩子都带走
Take both children away!
动手
Move!
把女儿带去
Take my little girl!
把我的宝宝带去
Take my baby!
把女儿带去
Take my little girl!
所以
So.
我们明天去农场 好的
We will go to that farm tomorrow, yeah.
但斯汀戈 请
But please, Stingo,
别提结婚
don’t talk about marriage
和孩子
and children.
我们到那里
It’s enough that
居住
we go down there
一段时间
and live
就足够了
for a while.
当时22岁还没有性经验的我
I was 22 and a virgin
终于拥抱着
and was clasping in my arms at last
无限思慕的女神
the goddess of my unending fantasies.
我有无穷欲望
My lust was inexhaustible.
苏菲的欲望让她以肉体欢愉
Sophie’s lust was both a plunge into carnal oblivion
逃避记忆和痛苦
and a flight from memory and grief.
现在我还明白
More than that, I now see,
那是要击退死神的疯狂企图
it was a frantic attempt to beat back death.
“我最亲爱的斯汀戈
“My dearest Stingo.
“你是美好的情人 我要走了