我的心是永恒的三颗心之一,一直延续到生命的终点!
My heart is one of three and faithful it will be until I die!
先生们,你们要求市议会降低大厅的租金。
Gentlemen, you’re asking that the town council should reduce the rent of the large hall.
你们为什么要这么做,格里格先生?
Now, why should they do that, Mr. grieg?
坦率地说,先生,以现在的租金,音乐表演团体几乎不可能获利。
Well frankly sir, with the present rent you’re asking, there’d be little chance of the council showing a profit.
格里格先生,您的意思是说,
举办本次四场音乐会的主要目的是为了保证你们获利?
Do you mean to say, Mr. grieg, the sole reason for suggesting these four subscription engagements is to turn a profit for yourself?
这当然是我们的目标之一。
Well it’s certainly one of our objectives.
音乐协会曾经数次举办音乐会,但从未想过要获利。
The musical society manages very nicely to conduct its concerts without any personal gain for its own.
是的,但核心原因是那些先生们不靠音乐谋生。
Well yes, but those gentlemen do not rely on music for a living.
他们的表演纯粹是业余的。
They perform at a purely amateur basis.
尽管如此,比格伦森先生,他们在克里斯蒂安尼亚都被认为是第一流的音乐家。
Still, Mr. bjgrnson, they’re regarded here, in christiania, as first rate musicians.
不管怎样,我的一生都献给了音乐,而他们不是。
Regardless, my whole life is devoted to music, and theirs isn’t.
因为你自认为是专业人士,这就能证明不让纳税人收取音乐厅租金是合理的吗?
And because you look upon yourself as a professional, does that justify denying the taxpayers their full revenue for the large hall?
再见,先生们。
Good day, gentlemen.
你们是否对待医生治病也是采用同样的衡量标准?
Do you apply the same yardstick to doctors because of their ability to cure the sick?
或者律师也应该无偿工作,因为他们是服务于正义的?!
Or that lawyers should work without recompense because they serve the ends of justice?
但有一件事是肯定的,
你们的这种态度正在摧毁挪威接近欧洲其他国家艺术水平的任何希望!
But one thing is certain, by such an attitude you are destroying any hope that Norway may have of approaching the artistic level of the other countries in Europe!
你们的世界是一个自鸣得意,自满,孤立的小世界。
Yours is a smug, complacent, isolated little world.
也是挪威文化的悲剧!
And a tragedy for Norwegian culture!
我没有家,我也不想要家。
No home do I have, no home do I want.
整个世界都在等着我去漫游。
There’s a whole world for me to wander.
失去了爱,只能用天真温柔的微笑来约束自己。
No love do I have to tether me down with a smile innocent and tender.
我穿过灰色的石山。
I cross the gray mountain of stone.
我在阴沉的大海上独自航行,独自一人,哦,独自一人。
I sail the sullen sea and sail alone, sall alone, so alone.
因为我曾经有过的家,还有我所拥有的爱,被摧毁了,是的,被拆散了。
For the home I had, by the love I had, was undone, yes, and put asunder.
太棒了,尼娜。– 爱德华应该要有这架钢琴。
Beautiful, Nina. – Edvard must have this piano.
这钢琴的音色棒极了。
It is a little gem.
我从未听过比这音色更优美的钢琴。
I doubt if I ever had a piano with a lovelier tone.
我可能需要很长一段时间才能筹到足够的钱。
It may take me some time to get the money.
我都不知道该怎么去存这笔巨款。
I don’t know quite how I can manage the deposit.
确实很大的一笔款子。
That would be deposit enough.
我得骑马去卑尔根,把我父亲留给我的一幢小别♥墅♥卖♥♥掉。
I’ll have to ride to bergen to arrange the sale of a cottage my father left me.
它已经传了好几代了。
It’s been handed down for many generations.
你怎么愿意放弃对你来说如此重要的东西?!
And you’re willing to part with something that obviously means so much to you?
为了给爱德华弄一架像样的钢琴,我什么都愿意做。
I’d do anything to get a decent piano for edvard.
请你先别跟他提这件事,我想给他一个惊喜。
Please don’t mention it to him, I want it as a surprise.
克罗格斯塔德先生,你认为其他的音乐家会怎么处理?
Mr. krogstad, how do you suppose the others managed?
例如舒伯特和李斯特这样的? — 是的。
Schubert and liszt for example? – For example, yes.
他们俩都是由一个很有影响力的人赞助的,艾斯特哈齐伯爵。
Well, both schubert and liszt were sponsored by a very influential man, count esterhazy.
如果你丈夫也有这样的靠山,那就不一样了。
Now if your husband had somebody like that behind him it would make a difference.
但有一个条件,比格伦森先生,这笔对音乐厅租金的捐赠必须绝对保密。
There is one qualification however, Mr. Bjgrnson, that this donation toward the hall rental be kept absolutely confidential.
你这样做真是慷慨了,伯格小姐。
This is a very kind gesture on your part, miss berg.
我只希望这是善意的表示。
I only hope it turns out to be a kind gesture.
我不太明白。
I don’t quite understand.
也许发生在欧勒‧布尔(挪威著名小提琴家)身上的一切能解释我的作为,
你知道他是挪威人吗? — 是的,是的。
Perhaps I can best explain my fears by reminding you of what happened to ole bull, – you know he was a Norwegian? – Yes, yes.
我记得他曾和我父亲说过,他早期的演奏会,
就是在这个城市举♥行♥的,可怜的他!最初的观众只有几十人。
I remember hearing him tell father that at his early recitals, in this very city, his largest audience was a few dozen people.
幸运的是,现在全世界都知道他是一位才华横溢的小提琴家。
Well, fortunately, the world now recognizes him for the talented violinist he really is.
他其实在第一次独奏会上就很有才华。
He was just as talented at his first recitals.
但他必须去罗马才能获得他应得的赞誉,我估计爱德华恐怕也只能走这条路。
But he had to go to Rome to get the acclaim he deserved, and I’m afraid that’s exactly where edvard has to go to build his reputation.
再见,比格伦森先生。– 再见,伯格小姐。
Goodbye, Mr. bjagrnson. – Goodbye, miss berg.
哦,进来! — 啊!
Oh, come in! – Ah!
爱德华,你能下来吗?
Edvard, would you come down?
爱德华,我有好消息!
Edvard, I have good news!
情况有好转,– 我可太高兴了。
Things are looking up for you. – Oh, I’m so glad.
别停下,回去,继续练习。
Don’t stop, go back in, go in and practice.
你好,– 你好!
Hello. – Hello!
你不要停止练习!– 可我练腻烦了!
You don’t have to stop practicing! – I’m tired of practicing!
我想休息一会儿!
I want to rest!
市议会已降低了租金。
The town council have lowered the rent.
你的演奏会都安排好了。
Your recital is all arranged.
听着,我有个好主意,你和妮娜和我们一起去许勒斯塔过圣诞节吧?!
Look I have a wonderful idea, why don’t you and Nina come and spend Christmas with us up at hyllestad?
哦,你真好!
Oh, how kind of youl!
这是一个很好的庆祝方式,不是吗? — 是的,非常感谢。
It will be a fine way to celebrate, wouldn’t it? – Yes, thank you very much.
在圣诞节的时候在圣诞节的时候,圣诞老人就在身边。
At Christmas time at Christmas time, kris kringle is on hand.
如果你听话的,他会答应你的要求。
And were you good, kris kringle would comply with your demand.
但如果你不乖的,你就找不到烟囱里的圣诞老人啦。
But were you bad, kris kringle down your chimney would not find.
你会空手而归的,这可是罪孽呀。
And you’d be standing empty handed, which would be a crime.
很明显,圣诞节的时候万物皆很好。
It’s plain to see the thing to be is good at Christmas time.
节日期间,圣诞老人会遵循您的要求。
At Christmas time at Christmas time, kris kringle comply with your demand.
栗子,热烘烘的姜饼。
A Chestnut, warm gingerbread.
快拿上你的小馅饼!
Get your minced pie!
圣诞节时,槲寄生高高挂在门的上方。
At Christmas time the mistletoe hangs high above the door.
有多少女孩被亲吻过,她们之前还没被吻过呢。
Where many girls have there been kissed, who’ve ne’er been kissed before.
在圣诞节的时候,一个吻不需要理性,也不需要韵律。
At Christmas time a kiss needs neither reasoning nor rhyme.
因为爱的本身诞生在圣诞节的早晨。
For love itself was born upon the morn’ of Christmas time.
因为爱的本身诞生在圣诞节的早晨……
在圣诞节的时候,在圣诞节的时候,无比快乐!。
For love itself was born upon the morn’ of Christmas… At Christmas time at Christmas time, make merry and rejoice.
花环竖起来了,金箔挂起来了,颂歌♥在传唱—
The wreaths are up, the tinsel hung, the carolers in voice.
修剪好了树,烤好了焦嫩的鹅,馅饼也已做好。
The tree is trimmed, the goose is cooked, and stuffing is sublime.
发啦啦啦,发啦啦啦啦,在快乐的圣诞节。
Fa lala la, fa la la la la la, at Christmas time.
发啦啦啦,发啦啦啦啦,在快乐的圣诞节!
Falalala lala, lala la la, at Christmas time!
在快乐的圣诞节!
At Christmas time!
在快乐的圣诞节!
At Christmas time.
圣诞时节,圣诞时节,心中满是金子。
At Christmas time at Christmas time, the heart is full of gold.
孩子们渴望的眼神夹杂着哭闹哟,风儿刮起来,雪花飘起来。
The children’s cries and eager eyes when wind blows rain and snow.
圣诞节快乐时候,圣诞节快乐时候,圣诞节快乐时候!
At Christmas time Christmas time, Christmas time!
你的爱人,你的家人,在圣诞快乐的时候温暖着你的心灵。
With loved ones in your heart and home, and warm at Christmas time.
好友相聚的夜晚,为维系我们友谊的纽带,为了我们长久的爱恋—
祝福温暖的火焰熊熊燃烧,永不熄灭。
On this Eve of good friends meeting, to the bond that brings us together, to the fond and fast affection that will long outlast this greeting, our fire is blazing here for your warmth.
我们为您们提供了丰盛食物。
Our food we offer for your favor.
美酒备好为你而品,柔软的床准备着你的睡眠。
While the wine is yours to savor, and the soft bed after for your sleeping.
我的祝酒词只是”欢迎”,整个房♥屋都在说”欢迎”。
My toast is merely, “welcome,” this house is saying, “welcome.”
由衷地感谢来到我们家做客!
This family gives thanks that you have come well to our home.
礼物,太棒了!
Presents, great!
你拿的是什么?
Now, what have you got there?
哦,那是一本很厚的书。
Oh, that’s a big book.
这是吉特尔森(挪威漫画家) 画的侏儒和巨魔。
It’s kittelsen’s drawings of dwarfs and trolls.
哦,看呐!– 和我们说说他们的故事!
Oh, look at that one. – Tell us about them!
是要我告诉你关于巨魔的事吗? 好吧,我试试弹着钢琴说说。
Shall I tell you about the trolls? – Pleasel all right, I’ll try at the piano.
你和我们一起去吗?
Are you coming with us?
来吧。
Come on.
我们到了。
Here we are.
现在让我们看看怎么说哈。
Now let’s see.
和我们说说巨魔! — 巨魔!
Tell us about the trolls! – The trolls!
好好坐好,我和你们说说森林巨魔的事,一个大大的,独眼的森林巨魔。
Sit there, go back and I’ll tell you about a forest troll, a big, one-eyed forest troll.
他们身材高高大大,经常尾随着坏人的身后。
They tower above the towering frees and stalk the step of the sinner.
他们皱着眉头,弯下腰,抓住那个可怜的坏人当了晚餐。
They frequently frown bend down and seize and eat the poor sinner for dinner.
但是诚实而友善的孩子们啊,…喝完了碗里的粥…
他们对这凶猛的巨魔可一点也不害怕。
But children who’s minds speak truth and are kind… And finish the porridge that’s poured in their bowls… Have nothing to fear from the fiercest of trolls.
让开,– 亲爱的。
Steer clear. – My dears.
巨魔!
Of trolls!
我有主意了。
I have it.
我有主意了,有了,有了,老婆大人。
I have it, I have it, I have it, Kara Lee.
我和格里格一起写歌♥剧。
Grieg and I must do opera together.
歌♥剧吗? — 是的,为什么不呢?
An opera? – Yes, why not?
根据传奇人物改编,嗯,好比瓦格纳的神话人物,但是我们要写纯挪威的故事。
Based on legendary characters like, um, like Wagner’s rheingold, only ours will be pure Norwegian.
你可以在雪橇上继续想这事吧,每年圣诞节我们都会去看望农场里的孩子们。
You can continue with that in the sleigh, every Christmas we visit the children on the farm.
你觉得这个主意怎么样?
What do you think of the idea?
现在除了歌♥剧这茬,我啥都不想了。
I can’t think about anything but an opera.
这可要全靠你了,你是全挪威最会做音乐的人。
It all depends on you, you’re the only Norwegian who could do the music.
我感到太荣幸了。
I feel honored.
你一开始写剧本,我就马上写曲子。
As soon as you write the libretto, I start the music.
太好啦。
Yes, splendid.
丝带、包装纸、小饰品、玩具,
还有哨子、马车和男孩用的锤子。
Ribbons and wrappings and trinkets and toys, whistles and wagons and hammers for boys.
女孩的钱包和小盒子。
Purses for pockets and lockets for girls.
巧克力、苹果、糖果手杖、弓箭、发条火车、坚果、枣子、
风筝、溜冰鞋和金色卷发的酒窝娃娃。
Chocolate, apples, candy canes, bows and arrows, wind up trains, nuts and dates and kites and skates and dimpled dolls with golden curls.
巧克力、苹果、糖果手杖、弓箭、发条火车、坚果、枣子、
风筝、溜冰鞋和金色卷发的酒窝娃娃。
Chocolate, apples candy canes, bows and arrows, wind up trains, nuts and dates and kites and skates and dimpled dolls with golden curls.
一些给西格丽德,一些给保罗。
Something for sigrid and something for Paul.
有给小妹妹的,也给大家的。
Something for sister and something for all.