我不想我儿子 -你是说我们的儿子
I didn’t want my son… – You mean,our son?
不 我是说不想我儿子一直没有父亲
No. I didn’t want my son growing up without a father.
啊哈 我明白了 从我第一次踏进你家那一刻开始 你就怀疑我的身份
Ah,I see. So even when I first come home,from then,you had doubts about me?
没错 -很好
Yes. – Yes.
因为我对你不好吗 -不是
Because I was mean to you? – No.
这一点你恰恰说反了
That’s where you went wrong.
杰克平日里从不会对我好言相向
Jack Sommersby never said a kind word to me in his life.
我抗♥议♥ 法官大人 这还像个法♥院♥吗
Objection,Your Honor! Is this a court of law?
容我提醒您一句 这是在审理谋杀案
May I humbly remind you that this is a murder trial?
我也提醒你一下 若是被告的身份不明
And may I remind you this court will not try a man for murder…
谋杀这一罪名便无从谈起
…as long as his identity is in question.
请坐下来 先生
Now,please sit down,sir.
请继续 先生 -非常感谢您
Please,continue,sir. – Thank you.
但我必须告诫你 你这是在拿自己的性命开玩笑
But I must warn you,you proceed at your own jeopardy.
嗨 劳瑞
Heh,Laurel.
我想 这些人现在都被你弄糊涂了
I think all these people are flat stumped right now.
他们是看着你长大的 对吗
These people have known you since you was born. Haven’t you?
他们可能不知道你所做的所有事
They may not know everything that you’d do…
但一定知道什么事你不能做
…but they sure as hell know what you wouldn’t.
如果我本人不是杰克
They know you wouldn’t let a man sign contracts with them…
他们怎么会和我签合约呢
…if he wasn’t Jack Sommersby.
那会是白纸一张 上面的许诺毫无价值
It wouldn’t be worth the paper it’s printed on.
也就是说
Meaning…
他们什么都得不到
…they wouldn’t own anything.
这你想过没有
You thought of that?
不 我
No,I…
我们的孩子呢
What about our children?
他们怎么办 如果我不是杰克
What about them? If I wasn’t Jack Sommersby…
那你让别人怎么看他们
…what would that make them?
还有我们的小瑞秋
What about our little Rachel?
劳瑞 野孩子可不是什么好听的名字
“Bastard” is not a very pretty word,Laurel.
那就是你想要的
Is that what you want?
当然不是
No.
你呢
What about you?
你觉得你能就这么带私生子着回家
You think you can just go home now with your illegitimate child…
还有我这个像窃贼一样的情人
…and your thief lover…
然后告诉那些朴实的人们
…and tell all these good folks…
整整一年 他们都生活在谎言之中
…you’ve been lying to them this whole year?
我想他们一定更了解你
I think they know you better.
也许他们并没有像他们想象的那样了解我
Maybe they don’t know me as well as they think.
呃
Well…
哈哈 没有人了解我们两个人
Ha,ha. Now nobody knows either one of us.
你想尽办法扭曲事实
Twist this around as much as you want…
但我俩都清楚你不是杰克
…but you and I both know you are not Jack.
那可不一定 这里的每个人知道我是谁
Well everybody here knows who I am.
我也这么认为 不这么认为的人只有你和奥林
I know who I am. The only people who don’t are you and Orin.
你和奥林达成了什么交易
You make some kind of a deal with Orin?
别胡说
Don’t be ridiculous.
这个人就在那里
This man shows up here…
一脸卑鄙地披着床单
…with a skunk in a sheet…
他告诉所有人我是假冒的 他想要什么回报
…telling everybody I’m not who I am. What does he expect in return?
别再说下去了
Stop this.
该停手的是你 告诉我 你答应了他什么
You stop it! Tell me,what’d you promise him?
我答应他 一切将会回到你还未回家之前的样子
I promised him everything would be the way it was before you came.
嗯哼 一切都会恢复原状
Mm-hm. Everything would be the way it was before.
你答应了他的条件
Except you’d be promised to a man…
即使你不爱他
…you don’t love.
然后我会变成了别人 一个名叫贺拉斯·汤森的败类
And I would be some piece of scum named Horace Townsend…
可能还会因为诈骗坐几年牢
…probably serving a few years for fraud.
可至少你还可以活命
At least you wouldn’t hang.
没必要 人虽活着 心却死了
I wouldn’t have to. I’d be dead already.
你爱我吗 劳瑞
You care for me,Laurel?
我当然爱你 -那你为什么要这么做
Yes,of course I do. – Then why are you doing this?
因为你不是杰克·索莫斯比
Because you are not Jack Sommersby.
你怎么知道的 -女人都了解他们的丈夫
How do you know? – A woman knows her husband.
你没有证据 -我不需要证据
You’ve got no proof. – I don’t need any.
这里没人相信你 -我不在乎 我只知道我心里是这么想的
Nobody here believes you. – I don’t care. I know how I feel.
这才是最重要的事 -对
That’s all that matters? – Yes!
上帝啊 劳瑞 你这女人真是死脑筋
God,you are a hardheaded woman,Laurel!
你这个顽固的蠢蛋 你根本就不是杰克 为什么偏要装作是
And you are a stubborn idiot. You are not Jack,so why do you pretend you are?
你怎么就知道我不是
How do you know I’m not?
我知道 我就是知道 因为 -你怎么知道的 怎么知道的
I know. I know because… – How do you know? How do you know?
因为我绝不会像爱他那样去爱你
I know because I never loved him the way that I love you.
告诉我 劳瑞 在你心里
So tell me,Laurel,from your heart…
我是你丈夫吗
…am I your husband?
是的 你是我丈夫
Yes,you are.
谢谢
Thank you.
法官阁下 问题解决了
No more questions,Your Honor.
道森先生
Mr. Dawson?
你可以退下了 索莫斯比夫人
You may step down,Mrs. Sommersby.
索莫斯比先生 你还有其他证人吗
Do you have any more witnesses,Mr. Sommersby?
没有了 大人
No,sir.
你能上前来一下吗 阁下
Would you kindly approach the bench,sir?
很抱歉 你的申诉无可辩驳
I’m afraid you’ve argued most effectively.
你的身份和你的罪行一样——证据确凿
Your identity not being in question leaves little doubt about your guilt.
难道你就没有什么要说的
Don’t you have anything else to say about that?
索莫斯比先生
Mr. Sommersby?
他说得什么啊 牧师
What’s it say,reverend?
我们的卖♥♥价多少
How much did we get?
我原先的估价是8美元 好一点话10美元
I said eight,hoped for 10…
现在居然卖♥♥到了12美元
Got 12?
现在我们整个收成是多少
Now,how much we get for the whole crop?
唔嗯 不下一万美元
Um,just over $10,000.
万能的上帝啊 过来 劳瑞
God Almighty! Come on,woman.
这里 我们跳起舞来
Come here. Dance around here!
跳啊跳
Jump around! Jump around.
我们成功了 我们做到了
We did it. We did it.
是你和我做到了
You and me.
孩子们怎么样
Now,how are the kids?
他们都好
They’re fine.
瑞秋现在白白胖胖的 可淘气了
Rachel’s all fat and sassy.
那罗伯特呢
Robbie?
为了这事他一直都很消沉
He’s having a hard time of it.
他不明白
He don’t understand.
我也不明白 我到底该怎么告诉他
I don’t understand. What am I supposed to tell him?
你只要告诉他他父亲没有杀人就行了
You tell him his daddy never killed anybody.
那怎么解释贺拉斯·汤森
What about Horace Townsend?
贺拉斯·汤森
Horace Townsend.
是 我认识贺拉斯·汤森
Yeah,I knew Horace Townsend…
跟他很熟
…very well.
在法庭上 关于他的一切事情
Everything they said about him in the courtroom there…
都是真的
…it was true.
我讨厌那个混♥蛋♥
I hated the bastard.
他唯一的幸运之处在于
The only piece of luck he ever had was…
他死了
…being locked up.
有人长得和他很像
Some man looked just like him.
就像亲兄弟一样
Could have been brothers.
可能还真是
Probably were.
我猜 在那个牢房♥里和他一起呆了四年后
I guess after spending four years in that cell together…
他们对彼此都了若指掌
…they knew everything there was to know about each other.
不管怎样 他已经死了
Anyway,he’s dead now.
谁死了
Who?
贺拉斯那家伙 -你没有杀他
Horace. – You didn’t kill him?
是的
No.
在他打死康克林的那个晚上
No,he got stabbed…
他也被刺了一刀
…that night he killed Conklin.
失血过多而死
Bled to death.
我把他埋在了小山上
I buried him on a hill…
用石头给他做了个墓
…under some rocks.
你是说你埋葬了杰克
You mean you buried Jack,don’t you?