我们是白茗骑士(美国内战期间北方各州同情南方者所组织的秘密团体)
We are the Knights of the White Camelia.
我们是上帝之手 上帝观摩世音
We are God’s hand,and he is our eyes…
我们是上帝的复仇者
…and we are his vengeance!
约瑟夫
Joseph.
你还能说话吗
Can you talk to me?
你没事吧
You all right?
你们为什么要折磨他
Why was this man beaten?
你触犯了法律 他得为此付出代价
You have broken the law,and he has paid for it.
什么法律
What law?
黑人不能拥有土地 -根据法律 他购买♥♥的任何东西都是属于他的
A nigger can’t own land. – By law,he can own what he pays for.
嗨 我还不知道你吗
Hey. Don’t I know you?
你也在我的土地上耕种 是不是
You’re on my land,aren’t you?
你不是那个克拉克郡的教师吗
Ain’t you that teacher fella from over in Clark County?
这位先生 也许你该把装束上的洞剪大一点
Maybe you better cut bigger holes in that sheet,mister…
这样你就能看清我是谁了 -黑鬼 你的主人还没明白我的话
…to see who you’re looking at. – Your master ain’t listening,nigger.
我是不是该开枪来提醒他一下
Should I shoot you to make him hear me?
你有枪 当然想干嘛就干嘛了
You got the gun. You do what the hell you like.
伙计 战争早就结束了
The war’s over,boys.
不要这样做
Don’t do it.
杰克
Jack!
别过来
Stay back!
如果他阻挠 就把他俩都杀了
If he don’t let go of it,shoot them both!
我瞄准他了 -嗨
I got him! – Hey.
我来这里可不是杀黑鬼的
I didn’t come to kill no white man.
巴克 你在这里干嘛
Buck? The hell are you doing here?
废话 我已经告诉你了
Shit! I told you!
劳瑞小姐 -妈妈 妈妈
Miss Laurel! – Mom! Mom!
滚 给我滚出去
Get out of here! Get out!
滚吧
Get out
妈妈
Mom
滚 滚远点
Get out,go…
这还是我的土地吗
Is it still my land?
你付了钱就是你的
You own what you pay for.
好 我会付钱的
Well,I’m paying.
现在回去吧
Go on now.
来吧 没事的
Come on. It’s all right.
我好害怕 他们就像幽灵一样 你也怕吗
I was scared! I thought they were ghosts. Were you scared too?
是的 我也怕 当时真被吓到了
Yes,I was. I was truly scared.
但你也看到了 都是人扮的
But you saw them. Just men.
也或许连人都不算 -他们不会再回来吧
Maybe they weren’t even that. – They won’t come back?
哇 他们为什么要回来呢 已经吓不到我们了
Heh. Why would they come back? We’re not scared anymore.
对 他们不会再来了
No,sir,we are not! Now.
你想听完这个故事吗 是这部分
You want to finish this story? This is the part…
他们将要对希腊人开战了是吗 好的
…where they gonna shoot those Greeks. Yeah? All right.
我们开始了 我也挺喜欢这部分的 我现在就读给你听
Here we go. I like this part too. I’ll read it to you.
这个时候 特洛伊人 嘿 你好
“Now the Trojans…” Hi,there.
特洛伊人如同凶猛的狮子 冲向希腊人的战船
“The Trojans,like ravening lions,rushed upon the Greek ships…
因为宙斯与他们同在
…for the heart of Zeus was with them…
士气就像早上的帆一样
…and their spirits filled like sails in the morning.
他们精力充沛
And the weariness of their legs departed…
不畏生死
…and the mighty shields grew light on their arms.
他们清楚 胜利终将属于他们
And they knew that victory would be theirs.”
是你杀了那条狗 对吗
You killed that dog,didn’t you?
可怜的杰斯罗
Poor old Jethro.
你明白 他知道你是个陌生人
See,he knew you for a stranger.
所以你不得不杀掉它
So then you had to kill him.
火炬很漂亮 昨晚剩下的
Nice torch. Save it from last night?
你个混♥蛋♥ 你到底是谁
Who are you,you son of a bitch?
告诉我你到底是谁 不然我一把火烧了这里
Tell me who you are,or I’m gonna burn this place down.
我是他丈夫 -不可能
I’m the man she wanted. – No.
你在说谎
You’re a liar.
你这个骗子
You’re a liar…
实际上你是个贼
…and you’re a thief is what you are.
你这该死的伪君子 只会躲在床单后面 懦夫
You are a goddamned yellow hypocrite,hiding under a bed sheet!
天啦
God
先生
Sir?
妈妈要生孩子了
Mama’s having the baby.
恭喜你 杰克先生
Congratulations,Mr. Jack.
谢谢
Thank you.
你怎么了
What happened to you?
哦 从梯子上摔下去了 我没事 没事
Oh,I fell off a ladder. I’m all right. I’m all right.
老天 -哈哈哈
God. – Oh. Ha,ha.
我可以抱抱她吗 -当然可以了
Can I hold her? – Yeah.
可以了吗 好了 可以松手了
Okay? Yeah,yeah,yeah. – Yeah.
用你母亲的名字 我们叫她瑞秋吧 -好啊
Let’s call her Rachel,after your mama. – Yes.
你觉得她认识我吗
So do you think she knows I’m her daddy?
我想是的
I’m sure she does.
看起来这收成不错 杰克
Looks like we have a fine crop. Jack.
放到外面去
They out here
牧师 这烟的味道怎么样
How’s the smoke there,reverend?
唔 很平滑
Mm. Mighty smooth.
你估计我们能卖♥♥个什么价
How much you reckon we’re gonna get?
这要看情况 能卖♥♥出8美元/磅我就很高兴了
It depends. I’ll be happy with eight dollars on a hundred weight.
那样是不是就能给教堂装个塔尖了
That get you a new spire on the church?
实实在在告诉你们
Verily I say unto you…
无论是谁 若不能像孩子那般
…whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God…
接受神的国
…as a little child…
那他绝不能进去
…he shall not enter there in.
于是抱着孩子
And he took them in his arms…
给他们按手 为他们祝福
…put his hands upon them and blessed them.
给孩子取个名字吧
Name this child.
瑞秋·卡洛琳 -瑞秋·卡洛琳
Rachel Caroline. – Rachel Caroline.
瑞秋·卡洛琳 接受我的洗礼
Rachel Caroline,I baptize thee…
以圣父 圣子
…in the name of the Father and the Son…
和圣灵的名义
…and the Holy Ghost.
阿门
Amen.
跟我可没什么关系 -你一定很自豪
Nothing to do with me. – You must be proud.
约翰·罗布特·索莫斯比
John Robert Sommersby?
先生 我就是
Yes,sir.
我们是联邦执法官 我们授权逮捕你
Federal marshals,Mr. Sommersby. We have a warrant for your arrest.
逮捕我 以什么罪名
My arrest? For what?
你涉嫌谋杀密西西比州的查尔斯·康克林
For the murder of Mr. Charles Conklin of Jackson,Mississippi.
夫人 你有五分钟的时间 -谢谢
Five minutes,Mrs. Sommersby. – Thank you.
我想你亲口告诉我
I want you to tell me.
不管你的回答是什么 我都会站在你这边
I don’t care what the answer is,I’ll stay by you…
只要告诉我真♥相♥
…as long as it’s the truth.
你到底做没做
Did you do this?
不 我没干过
No,I did not.
那就好
All right,then.
剩下的事我来处理
I’ll get our things together.
杰克 我们和你一起去
We’re coming with you,Jack!
谢谢你 约翰
Thank you,John.
他们很担心 所以给我上了手铐
They’re so afraid,they gotta handcuff me.
我会回来的 -你是好人
I’ll be back. – You’re a good man!
我们支持你 -保重
We’re behind you! – Take care!
我一直就想去纳什维尔看看 这回有机会了
I always did have a hankering to go see Nashville.
很荣幸和你在一起 迪克
Proud to have you with me,Dick.
我很快就会回来的
I’ll be back,now.
我真想知道你们为什么要抓走这个人
I wish I knew why you was arresting this man.
让开 不要妨碍执法
Stand clear! Federal marshals.
上帝保佑你 你得保证回来
God bless you,now. You promise to come right back.
会的 我会回来的
I’ll be back. We’ll be back!
杰克 别担心 我们两天内就赶过去
We’ll be with you in two days! Jack. Don’t worry!
我们纳什维尔见 杰克
We’ll see you in Nashville,Jack!
你把集♥会♥法案带来了吗
Did you bring the Acts of Assembly?
全体请起立
All rise,please.
肃静 肃静 巴里·康拉德·艾萨克法官阁下入席
Oyez,oyez. The Honorable Barry Conrad lssacs is now sitting.
法庭上的任何事情都必须有序进行
This court shall come to order!
所有进行的请求 起诉和申诉都需讨论
All having suits to prosecute or pleas to enter shall come forward…
过程也需公开
…and they shall be heard.