你把这件滑稽的衣服丢在一边 说你以后再也不会拿起缝针了
You threw the damn thing in there and said you’re never gonna sew again.
我看你没这么较真 -你怎么还记得那件事
I don’t think you ever did. – How’d you remember that?
哦 我忘记了很多重要的事情
Well,I forgot a whole lot of important things.
其他事情
Other ones…
却在我脑海里挥之不去
…never leave my mind,never will.
你要干嘛 -快点 抬起胳膊
What are you doing? – Come on,arms up.
放在箱子里六年了 这衣服要洗洗
Been in a trunk for nine years. It needs some washing.
你还记得我怎么怀孕的吗
You remember making our son?
新婚之夜
The night it happened?
没错 那天你喝醉了
Yes. – You were drunk.
对 我很抱歉
Yeah,well,I’m sorry.
好像在那之后 你就对我颇为冷淡了
Seems like after that,you never much wanted me anymore.
啊 现在好像完全不一样了
Well,seems a whole lot different now.
那
So…
你还想睡在那个房♥间吗
…you want to sleep in the other room?
不了
No.
好 嘿嘿
Good. Heh.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
我只是记不起我是怎么和你在一起的
I just don’t remember how I was with you.
怎么发生的
How to be.
你完全不必想起来的
You don’t have to remember that.
杰克
Jack
再说一次
Say it again.
杰克
Jack.
杰克
Jack.
哦 杰克 杰克
Oh,Jack. Jack.
嗨 儿子
Hey,boy!
我们到镇上去订做一双靴子
Let’s go to town,get shoes!
我必须去吗
Do I have to?
当然可以不去 你大可以留下来帮我清理鸡棚
No,you can stay here and help me shovel out the chicken coop.
快点
Come on.
我们要去哪儿?
Where in the world are we going?
妈妈不让我驾车 -那
Mama don’t let me drive. – Well…
我想我们得照顾你母亲 不应该吗?
…I guess we got to mind Mama,don’t we?
跟我学 “驾” -驾
Say,”ha.” – Ha.
再大点声 -驾
Say it louder. – Ha.
别对我说 儿子 对它说
Don’t say it to me,boy. Say it to him.
驾 -哈哈哈
Ha! – Ha-ha-ha.
接着来 -驾
Say it again. – Ha!
早上好
Morning!
就停在哪儿
Move around there.
吁
Whoa!
吁 吁
Whoa. Whoa,whoa,whoa.
你真是个好孩子
You’re real good,boy.
谢谢 先生
Thank you,sir.
这个墙上有很多男人的鞋印 他们都死了
There’s a lot of dead men’s footprints on this wall.
我找的就是那个
That’s the one I’m looking for.
杰克 我很高兴你没有步他们的后尘
I’m truly glad you didn’t follow them,Jack.
你变得如此文雅我倒觉得不习惯了
You’ll look just fine once you get your lips back.
我来量一量尺寸
Let me have that foot.
关于胡子 他让人变得粗犷
There’s something about whiskers that makes a man’s lips…
这话真是精辟
…just shrink right on up.
真见了鬼
I’ll be damned.
你的脚变小了
Your foot shrunk.
整整小了两码
Foot’s two sizes smaller now.
这不是我的鞋印
That ain’t mine.
嗨 你一定是喝醉了
Heh. You must have been drunk.
这肯定是你的 看到没 我还在印底写了你的名字
Sure it’s yours. See? I wrote your name right here at the bottom.
怎么会出现这样的事
How in the hell do you suppose that could have happened?
你知道我看见了什么吗
You know what I see?
不知道 -我看见了商机 在这
No. – I see the future. Right there.
烟草
Tobacco?
你说的是吸烟还是种烟
You mean smoking it,or growing it?
这玩意在这极北之地种不了
You can’t grow it this far north.
太冷了 -不 有一种能行 你一定行的
Too cold! – Yes,you can. Yes,you can.
伯莱芋叶
It’s called burley.
伯莱芋叶 商人们有需求 我们可以种
Burley? – They want it. And we can grow it.
杰克 除了你儿子 你还种过什么呀
Jack! You ever planted anything in the field,except your foot up somebody’s backside?
确实如此 但在万不得已的时候 我不仅会下地劳作 没准还会杀人
I don’t think I have. But I didn’t shoot my first man before I had to,either.
你们还想听我接着说吗
You want to hear what I have to say?
没问题
All right.
我能提供这些东西
Here’s what I’m offering.
一块我的土地 每个人都有份
I’ll give you a piece of my land,each and every one of you.
还有工具和肥料
I’ll give you tools,fertilizer.
收获的时候你可以保留一半的收成
And you keep half of the crop when it comes in.
我拿另一半 用来偿还抵押款
I’ll take my share of the crop and pay off the mortgage.
一旦还清之后
When the title clears…
你们可以买♥♥下耕种的土地 我保证价格公道
…you can buy that land you work for a fair price.
你这是谈论出♥售♥自己的土地吗
Are you talking about selling your own land?
可以这么说 -你父亲宁愿死也不会卖♥♥掉田产的
Yeah. – Your dad would’ve died before he sold land.
没错 确实如此
He did,didn’t he?
约翰 约翰·格林
John. John Greene.
你做了多少年的佃农 10年 -15年
How long you been sharecropping? 10 years? – Fifteen.
整整15年 你曾经有机会得到那样一块地吗
Fifteen years! You ever get a chance to buy that land you’ve been working?
哈 该死 确实没有
Ha,ha. Hell,no.
确实没有 那就对了 这是你的机会 伙计
Hell,no. This is it. This is your chance,boy.
抓住了
Take it!
你们其他人怎么看 你们想加入吗
What about y’all? You want in?
我才不会帮黑鬼
I’m not helping niggers.
你的意思是 那些在田地上工作的人
You’re saying that those who,uh,work the land…
声音太小了
I can’t hear you.
你是说 在田地里工作的人可以购买♥♥土地
You’re saying those who work the land get to buy it?
是的 先生
Yes,sir.
不分肤色 人人有份
That means coloreds and all?
自己合法出♥售♥ 别人无可厚非
Nobody squats on my land.
想要得到土地 你也得像其他人一样付钱
You wanna stay,you have to pay for it just like everybody else.
我可不想住在黑鬼旁边
I ain’t living next to no niggras!
你不想 好 嗯 -是的 不想
You ain’t,no? Well. Hmm. – No,I’m not.
那你要住到哪去呢 邦迪夫人 救济院
Where you gonna live,Mrs. Bundy? In the poorhouse?
我乐意
I’d just as soon!
我们只负责自己的
We take care of our own!
那也可以 你还想要她的那一份吗
That’s good. You gonna take care of her?
就那样 你先把自己的活干了 剩下的时间再做她的
Do that. You go work your fields 12 hours and then work hers.
我有个问题 -说出来
I got a question. – Go ahead.
烟草种子
Tobacco seed.
我们都知道 它贵的吓人
We all know it’s worth about 2000 times its weight in gold.
你没有现金
You got no cash.
也没有担♥保♥ -的确是这样
You got no collateral. – That’s true.
你的房♥子 你的土地 都抵押了
Your house,your land,that’s all mortgaged.
你没有工具 甚至连头骡子都没有
You don’t have tools,you don’t even a mule.
你哪来的钱买♥♥烟草种子
Where you gonna get money for tobacco seed?
这倒是千真万确的事
That’s God’s own truth.
奥林 谢谢提出来的问题 我对你的担忧和信任表示感谢
Thank you,Orin,for bringing that up. Appreciate your concern and confidence.
我正准备说这个事呢
I was getting around to that.
我们洗耳恭听
We’re waiting to hear that.
杰克 种子总不会从天上掉下来吧
ls the seed gonna fall out of the sky,Jack’?
呃 我们都
Hell,we’re all…
我们屁♥股♥底下总是会私藏了点什么的(与前面的劳瑞藏胸针对应)
We’re all sitting on a little something.
不是吗 -我们根本没地方坐
Aren’t we? – We don’t have anything to sit on.
那东西拿在手里什么都做不了
There’s nothing you can do with that thing.
但是 如果我们把这些小东西汇集到一起
But just maybe,we put all it together,all those little things together…
那我们得到的就再不是小数目了
…we got something then. We got something.
不 先生 行不通的
No,sir,won’t work.
或许我们可以起个头 我们所有人
Maybe we can get started. All of us.
我们可以做到的 我想这是唯一的法子了
There’s something we can do. I don’t know any other way to do this.
我的厕所里有一卷南部联盟政♥府♥的钱 你想要么(此时的南部联盟政♥府♥的纸币正不断贬值)
I got a file of Confederate money in the outhouse. You want it?
多谢 除了我说的我想不到其他方法
Thanks a lot. I don’t see any way out of this except what I’m saying now.
要我把另一条胳膊也卖♥♥了吗 -巴克 现在听我说
Want me to sell my other arm? – Buck,listen to me now.
嗯 我有一枚价值1000元的红宝石胸针
Well I got a ruby brooch worth $1000.
已经在我的家族中流传了100年 但它只是个装饰品
It’s been in my family for 100 years,but I can’t eat it.