就是这儿了 再见
This is it. Bye for now.
再见
Bye.
你好
Howdy.
真是块好地方
Good piece of land.
曾经是
It was.
现在依然是 嘿 巴克
Still is. – Hey,buck!
特拉维斯在叫你呢
Travis is calling you.
我们认识吗
Do I know you?
兴许吧
Well,ought to.
伙计 你的胳膊怎么了
How did you lose that arm there,boy?
在奇克莫加的时候 一早上醒来就没了
Woke up in Chickamauga one morning without it.
有人把你的那只手找回来了
Somebody deal you a losing hand there…
巴克伯
…Buckaboo?
杰克
Jack?
告诉我 你是找了个单乳♥头♥的女人
Now tell me,you found yourself a one-titty woman…
还是自己一个人凑合着过
…or you just take that one hand there and whup it back and forth?
杰克
Jack!
是索莫斯比
It’s Sommersby!
哦 上帝啊
Oh,my Lord.
快点下来
Get on down here!
英雄回来了
The hero has returned!
很高兴见到你 杰克
Good to see you,Jack.
你能回来真好
Good to see you back!
杰克 你怎么在这里
Jack! – What are you doing here?
是我 布莱恩·布朗啊 -对 布莱恩
It’s me,Brian. Brian Brown – Brian,yeah,Brian.
你还记得布莱恩 -小伙子 你现在都长胡子了
You remember Brian. – You got whiskers now,boy!
哈哈 没有想过会再见到他吧
Ever think you’d see him again? Ha-ha-ha.
哇 哦 年轻人 见到鬼了
Whoa there,boy. What’s after you,huh?
我看见了您的丈夫 -谁 你在说什么
Your husband. – Who? What did you say?
他回来了 夫人 -你说谁
He’s coming,ma’am. – Who?
索莫斯比先生
Mr. Sommersby.
跟我回屋里
Get in the house!
快 快点
Come on! Come on!
瞧瞧你
Look at you!
你现在看起来老了不少
You old man,now look!
上帝保佑 该死的北方佬没有打倒你
By God,there’s another good man the damn Yankees didn’t get!
过来和威尔打个招呼
Come on over here and say hello to Will.
威尔
Will.
看看我把谁带来了 杰克·索莫斯比
Look here who I got here. Jack Sommersby.
他们 呃
They,uh…
他们把他从维克斯堡送回来后 他就一直是这个样子
They sent him back to me like that from Vicksburg.
威尔很了不起 不是吗 -你好 牧师
Will’s a hero. Ain’t that right? – Hello,reverend.
啊 好啊 真好
Well,well,well.
杰克 欢迎回家 感谢上帝把你带回了家
Welcome home,Jack. We thank the Lord for bringing you back.
谢谢您
Thank you,sir.
劳瑞还好吗
Is Laurel all right?
这个嘛 她现在一定很惊讶 一定
Well,she’s gonna be surprised now,ain’t she?
六年了无音讯 -嗯
Six years is a long time without any word. – Well.
让让 他在哪呢
Come on,where is he now?
瞧瞧 你都瘦得只剩下骨头了
Look at you! You look like a sack of bones.
唔 我在那里可吃不到您做的饭
Well,kind of hard to get Esther dumplings where I’ve been.
哦 主啊 杰克 你现在到家了
Oh,Lord,Mr. Jack. You’re home,you’re home,you’re home.
这里的每个人都有想念的人
Everybody here is missing somebody.
埃泽尔两兄弟和他们的父亲都阵亡了
Both Ezzell boys and their daddy got killed…
就剩下那些还没死的了
…and everybody that ain’t dead is leaving.
这个镇子已经完蛋了 杰克
This town finished,Mr. Jack.
除了硬实的土地什么都没有 没人愿意在这里种地
Ain’t nothing left here but hard ground and nobody to work it.
她在那里
There is she.
她都等了六年了
She’s waitting for six years…
都静一静
Y’all hush up,now.
儿子 去向你的父亲问安
Go say hello to your daddy,son.
去啊
Go on now.
你好 罗伯特
Hello,Robert.
我都忘了你原来有多漂亮了
I’d forgotten how beautiful you were.
杰斯罗
Jethro!
你好
Hey,boy.
嘿 嘿
Hey. Hey
来吧 乖孩子
Come on,boy. Come on.
喂 杰克
Hey,Jack!
我听说克莱姆森家今晚有烤猪宴
I hear old Tom Clemmons’ pig will be swallowing a stick tonight!
我就在杂草那里等着
I was down there in the weeds,kind of waiting…
烟雾消散干净
…for the damn smoke to get blowed away.
下一个我还记得的事 谢谢 亲爱的
And the next thing I know… Thank you,darling.
下一个我还记得的事 有一个很大的老枪托
Next thing I know,there’s this,uh,big old rifle butt…
漂浮在天上 不紧不慢的
…floating down out of the sky there,just kind of taking its time…
好像每天我都在逃离它
…like I had all day to get away from it.
那个时候我在去埃尔米拉监狱的路上
When I come to,I was on my way to prison in Elmira.
我听说那是最恶劣的监狱 -嗯 的确如此
I heard that was the worst one. – Yeah,well.
那时候我甚至连自己叫什么都不记得了
I couldn’t even remember my own name at that point.
杰克 你的手怎么了
What’d you do to your hand there,Jack?
哦 守卫践踏过
Oh,a guard stomped on it.
现在拿不起重物了
Don’t hold things too good now.
那你应该还能拿得起同花顺吧 -哈哈
You can still hold a straight flush,can’t you? – Ha,ha.
还有其它乐子(特指劳瑞) -哈哈哈
And the other things that are important. – Ha-ha-ha.
你在监狱里过得怎么样
What’d you do in prison?
和其他人一样忍♥饥受冻
Starve,froze,like everybody else.
晚上好 大伙儿
Evening,folks.
现在最好来点这个
Better take some of this while you can.
我想你不记得我了 先生
I guess you don’t remember me,sir.
我是约瑟夫
Joseph.
约瑟夫
Joseph!
哦 我还记得你 是的
Yes! Yes,I do remember. Yeah.
我父亲用100美元为你赎了身
My daddy paid $100 for you.
是的 先生
Yes,sir.
你干嘛不进来呢
Why don’t you come on in now?
杰克 嘿 杰克
Jack! Hey,Jack!
好 马上过来
Yeah,all right.
不了 谢谢您
No,thank you,sir.
我们只是路过 欢迎您回家
We just come by here to say welcome home.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿 杰克
Hey,Jack!
别磨蹭了 快过来 我们给你准备了一个礼物
Quit wasting time! Get yourself over here. We got a present for you.
你们准备了什么 -豹尿
What do you got? – Panther piss.
我整晚都没见你小便 -我不能那样做
I ain’t seen you pass water all night. – Can’t do it.
只要一口 我就会像个小牛一样摇摇晃晃
One sip,I’m staggering like a new calf.
你还是这么不守规矩
You’re still a rebel,ain’t you?
最好别和那些黑鬼走得这么近
Best not get too friendly with the niggers.
我们得赶走这群人
We had to chase a bunch off.
刚才那个黑人已经住在你的地上了
That one has been living on your land.
下一次 他们就会住进你的大房♥子
Next thing you know,they’ll be moving up to the big house.
什么
What?
你怎么了 杰克
What’s the matter with you,Jack?
没什么 我不能
Nothing,I don’t…
这一点都不像你 杰克
You ain’t acting yourself,Jack.
可恨的北方佬都对你做了什么 老伙计
What’d them goddamn Yankees do to you,boy?
我的脑袋被打到了
Hit me on my head.
好吧
Yeah,well…
已经没事了
It’s all right.
我爱你 -我也爱你
I love you. – I love you too.
坐下吧 我要和我妻子跳个舞
Sit down. I’m gonna dance with my wife.
特拉维斯 扶着他
Travis,take him.
不用管他
Let him be.
奥林 -劳瑞夫人
Orin. – Miss Laurel.
奥林
Orin.
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
欢迎回来
Welcome back!
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
找个女孩挑个舞
Grab a gal here and shake a leg.
我想我一个人跳会更好一些
I tend to hop a little bit better than I shake now.
迪克给我安了个假肢 除了脚趾会扭动什么都好
Dick made me a good foot. Got everything but toes that wiggle.