我的直觉告诉我大自然犯了个 错而我能改正它
My instincts tell me nature made a mistake and I can fix it.
想来看看我在做什么吗 神父
Would you like to see what I’ve been doing, Father?
现在我的直觉在说也许你应该改日再来
Right now my instincts tell me perhaps you should come back another day.
什么 你对荣誉的追求太过傲慢自负了
What? Your quest for glory is vain, arrogant.
拿柳叶刀救人就得要傲慢些
It takes arrogance to cut someone with a scalpel to save their life.
这我同意 但如果你要违背神的旨意
I have no doubt. But if you intervene with God’s will…
亵渎纯净无暇的心灵
violate the purity of an innocent heart…
那她的父母 而不是你 会歉疚一生
the parents, not you, Doctor, will bear the burden of guilt.
象你说的 也许是神要这个孩子的命
Perhaps God is, as you say, trying to kill this child.
而不是我
I am not.
看 分流血管迸裂了 –
Look at this. The shunt gave out.
象火车出轨一样
Looks like a train wreck.
彭切斯 你到底怎么了
What happened to you, Ponchos?
也许我们应该就此住手 博士 不
-Maybe we should just stop here, Doctor. -No.
我们弄错了血管
We using the wrong vessel?
到底怎么了
What the hell’s going on?
维维安 起床
Viv, get up.
醒醒 没事
Wake up. It’s okay.
没事 亲爱的
It’s okay, baby.
只是个恶梦 老天
-It’s just a nightmare. -My God.
你到底去什么鬼地方了 维维安
Where the hell have you been, Vivien?
昨晚我梦到了一个白人妇女
I had a dream about this white woman last night.
也许这是让你打起精神来的最好办法
Perhaps that’s something best kept to yourself.
不是呵
No.
我认识艾琳 萨克森 她长大了
I knew it was Eileen Saxon. She was all grown up.
她坐在角落里织毛衣
She was sitting there in a corner. She was knitting…
嗓音却是婴儿的
and she let out a baby voice…
然后倒毙而死 我看不到她内脏
and she fell over dead. I couldn’t see it…
但我明白她的心脏还是个婴儿的心
but I knew on the inside she had a baby heart.
她就那样倒毙了 这和研究有何关系…
-She just fell over dead. -What the hell does that have to do with….
缝线不会跟着长
The stitches didn’t grow.
我们给彭切斯做分流管时
When we did the shunt on Ponchos,
它只有10磅 后来长到20磅
he was 10 pounds. He went up to 20.
它的缝线松开了
-He pulled it loose. -I was wrong. Purse-stringing doesn’t work.
我们需要一种新的缝合术”钱包口”式缝合法不管用
We need a new stitching technique.
一半缝上 另一半不缝上
Continuous on the back wall, interrupted on the front wall.
这样我们就能做到了
That’s what we need.
她的血氧量只有65% 她病情急剧恶化
65% oxygenation. She’s deteriorating so rapidly.
我们有时间模拟手术吗 我们不能松懈
-Have we got time to practice the operation? -We can’t let up.
新的缝合技术呢 明天我们会试验的
-What about the new stitching technique? -We’re trying it out tomorrow.
快来看看
You have to see this.
维维安·托马斯在主刀 首席外科教授当他的助手
Vivien Thomas is operating, assisted by the Chief of Surgery.
把里面的静脉拉出来接上
Pull the inbound vein anastomosis.
拉长 慢慢地 主动脉弓
Long, slow, general arc.
我看不见 你能看见吗 维维安 能把灯调一下吗
I can’t see. Can you see, Vivien? Could you adjust that lamp?
夹子还夹住了吗
Are the clamps still holding?
是的 没有缠线吗
-Yes. -No kinking?
没有
None.
好 到了棘手的部分了
All right, now for the tough part.
心室后壁的连续缝合
Continuous sutures on the back wall…
它被前壁挡住了
interrupted on the front.
移开牛头夹
Removing bulldog clamp.
挺住
Come on, girl.
挺住
Come on, please.
这就对了 快完了
That’s it, a little bit more.
我能感觉到通往肺部的血流
I can feel the flow to the lungs.
海伦 告诉萨克森家我们将进行手术
Helen, tell the Saxons we’ll be operating.
当然
You bet.
你会做好的
You’ll be ready.
是的 既然我见到你操作得 那么顺利
Yes, now that I’ve seen the master at work.
那只是在狗身上罢了
Master of the hounds.
你父亲应该以你为荣
Your daddy should be proud of you.
我想他会的
I think he is.
我父亲只能因为我能 把耳朵扇动两下的小伎俩而骄傲
Mine was only proud of the fact that I could wiggle my ears.
当你主刀手术时 我想 他会以你为荣的
I think he’ll be proud when you operate.
他已经死了
He’s dead.
我认为 死者永远与生者同在
The dead are with us all the time, I believe.
过去与未来不可能分开
Can’t separate the past from the future…
就像左手和右手不能分开一样
any more than you can your right arm from your left arm.
但是它们是分开的
But, you see, they are separated…
被这个 被心脏分开的
by this, by the heart.
可以接上
Or connected.
可以接上
Or connected.
Nolitangere 不能碰它
Nolitangere; Do not touch.
不能碰心脏
Do not touch the heart.
我们将要挑战这个古老的医学神话
We are gonna challenge this ancient doctrinal myth…
谁想参加
in this hospital. Who wants to attend?
斯维德林博士
Dr. Swedlin?
费尔默博士
Dr. Philmore?
库尼博士
Dr. Cooley.
还有 隆美尔博士
And Dr. Longmire.
谢谢
Thank you.
你在拿你的声誉孤注一掷
You’re dangling your reputation off a cliff.
别紧张 沃尔特 这又不是歌♥剧院
Calm down, Walter, this isn’t grand opera.
医生的首要原则是 不要损害身体
Isn’t a doctor’s first tenet: “Do no harm”?
你在说什么
What are you saying?
推迟手术 直到你获得更多经验
Postpone the operation until you have more experience.
推迟就意味着签署那个婴儿的死亡证明书
Postponing means signing that baby’s death warrant.
我可不想签这个字 但你的声望会毁于一旦
-I will not be the one to do that. -But they’ll ruin you.
沃尔特 我明天就要进行手术了
Walter, I’m operating tomorrow.
你急着做手术是
You’re rushing this…
因为你不想对病人承认
because you don’t want to admit to those parents…
你还没把事情弄清楚
that you spoke too soon.
你应该去睡了
You should come to bed.
我试着睡过
I tried that.
明天要我捎你去医院吗
Can I give you a ride to the hospital tomorrow?
谢谢
Thanks.
你捎我去吧 我都不敢自己开车了
I could use the lift. I don’t trust myself behind the wheel.
艾尔 谁都会紧张的
Al, anybody would be nervous.
不是紧张
It’s not that.
我刚才在想你曾经对我的评价
I was just thinking about a remark you made.
你说过我总是疯狂过热
You said I used to be wild…
而不仅仅是雄心勃勃
not just ambitious.
但我在想是否我的雄心将我变得疯狂了
But I wonder if my ambition hasn’t driven me wild.
陶西格博士 教授
Dr. Taussig, Professor.
我只想祝各位好运
I just wanted to wish good luck to everyone.
谢谢 维维安
Thank you, Vivien.
谢谢 维维安
Thanks, Vivien.
我们要阻断那婴儿的肺动脉半小时
We’re going to block that baby’s pulmonary artery for 30 minutes.
只有血压不低于60
As long as her blood pressure doesn’t go below 60,
我想她会没事的
I think she should be fine.
如果比60还低很多 她活不了
I don’t think she can survive much lower than that.
是吗 哈梅尔博士 不能低于60 没错 博士
-lsn’t that right, Dr. Harmel? -Not below 60. That’s right, Doctor.
巴诺克博士 他们准备就绪
Dr. Blalock, they’re ready.
博士
Doctor.
进来了
Coming in now.
隆美尔博士
Dr. Longmire.
出什么事了
What is going on?
他们不放他进来
They won’t page him.
为什么不 说是医院的纪律
-Why not? -Something about hospital policy.
让维维安托马斯进来
Page Vivien Thomas immediately.
巴诺克博士 出什么事了 什么不对劲
Dr. Blalock, what’s wrong? What’s happened?
没事 我不想说第二遍 让他进来
It’s all right. I won’t tell you again. Page him.
我们只会让医生进来 去你的 给我
-We’re only allowed to page doctors. -Give me that, goddamn you.
维维安·托马斯 请维维安·托马斯进来
Vivien Thomas, paging Vivien Thomas.
你马上到手术室来 跑过来 听见了吗
You’re wanted in OR right now. Come on the run, do you hear?
我是巴诺克
This is Blalock.
谢谢 好运
-Thank you. -Good luck.
上帝啊
Jesus.
没时间了 快洗手
About time. Scrub up.