我不知道该怎么办 克拉拉
I don’t know what I’m supposed to do, Clara.
我觉得我已经够委屈自己了
I think I’ve embarrassed myself enough.
我不能够夹着尾巴回到那里
I can’t go back in there with my tail between my legs.
你是属于那里的 维维安·托马斯
It’s where you belong, Vivien Thomas.
你怎么回去那是你自己的事情
So how you walk back on in there, well, that’s up to you.
是吗
Yes?
博士 早上好
Doctor. Good morning.
去欧洲的旅行过得如何
How was your trip to Europe?
很怡人…
It was very gratifying…
在这个时候去欧洲
and how well it seems to have stood on its feet…
似乎很不错
for this moment in time.
维维安 有什么需要帮助的吗
What can I do for you, Vivien?
我犯了个错误
I’ve made a mistake…
我想重返岗位
and I would like my old position back.
有什么不一样的吗
And how’s it going to be any different?
我还是个极右的恶棍
I’m still the same self-righteous bastard.
不是关于你
It’s not about you.
是关于工作的
It’s about the work.
我喜欢这工作
I like the work.
托马斯先生 这里有 头牲畜要休克了
Mr. Thomas, we’ve got an animal going into shock here.
我们该怎么办 先生
What do we do, sir?
你没夹紧心房♥的侧壁吗
Did you try clamping off the lateral part of the atrium?
对 夹紧它
Yeah, hold it right there.
小心 Ok
-Careful. -Okay.
嗯 操作得不错 医生
Yeah. You handled yourself well there, Doctor.
好 谢谢
-That’s good. -Thank you.
嗯…
It started–
托马斯先生 巴诺克博士想见你
There was a message for you, Mr. Thomas. Dr. Blalock wanted to see you.
抱歉 你能不能
I’m sorry. Would you….
告诉他我待会就过去 他今天就要走了
-Tell him I’ll see him—He’s about to leave for the day.
亲爱的 我只好晚点给你打了 Ok
Honey, I have to call you back. Okay.
你女儿们过得如何
How’s your girls?
他们还不错 西奥正在摩根州立大学读书
They’re fine. They’re doing well. Theo’s in Morgan State now.
那一定感觉不错吧
-That must feel good. -Yes.
你的情况呢
How are things with you?
很不幸的经历 挨了一个外科医生的刀
I’ve had the unfortunate experience of being put in the hands of a surgeon.
你心里有事 博士
You have something on your mind, Doctor?
是的 哥伦比亚大学向我提供一个教职
Yes, Columbia’s been dangling an offer to teach…
但我想先和你商量一下
but I wanted to talk to you first.
我真希望你和我一起去
I really would like you to come with me.
他们了解你的工作 你可以提自己的要求
They know about your work. You could write your own ticket.
很难想象去那里工作却没有你在身边
It’s hard to imagine being there without you.
谢谢你能想到我 博士
I thank you for thinking of me, Doctor.
我觉得我应该留在这里
I think I should stay here.
我们可以去那里干大事情 再来一件又何妨
We could do great things there. Wouldn’t it be fun to do it one more time?
再来一件
One more time.
我喜欢我手头的工作
I like what I’m doing.
教书 帮助别人 和年轻的医生们共事
Teaching, helping people along. Working with the young doctors.
我喜欢霍普金斯这里
I like it here at Hopkins.
嗯 我知道这里有你自己的天地
Yeah, I guess you got your own things going on here now.
我认识这家伙
I recognize this man.
他看起来相貌堂堂 谢谢 维维安
-Man looks very distinguished up there. -Thank you, Vivien.
似乎是不久以前的事 嗯 我正浮想当年
-That was a while ago. -Yeah. I’m feeling the years now.

Yes.
我们都老了
We all are now.
你知道 维维安…
You know, Vivien…
他们说一个人如果没有遗憾
they say you haven’t really lived…
那么就算是虚度此生
unless you have a lot to regret.
我的遗憾是…
I regret….
我曾经有过一些遗憾
I have some regrets.
但我觉得我们应该铭记的 不是我们所失去的…
But I think we should remember not what we lost…
而是我们所做过的…
but what we’ve done.
我们拯救的所有那些生命
All the lives we saved, and we did.
我们救过不少人 不是吗 维维安
We saved plenty, didn’t we, Vivien?
是的
Yes, we did.
我自己来
No.
维维安 我是海伦
Vivien, it’s Helen.
很遗憾告诉你…
I’m sorry to tell you…
巴诺克博士昨夜在睡梦中去世
that Dr. Blalock passed away in his sleep last night.
我们每天都目睹死亡 但这并不能让我们畅怀 不是吗
We see death every day. It doesn’t make it any easier, does it?
我很遗憾
I’m very sorry.
今天 我我们要向一个人致敬…
Today, we honor someone…
他从未上过一天医学院…
who never took a course in medical school…
却仍然成为我们最好的医学教授之一
and still became one of our greatest teachers of medicine.
他改变了我们对
This individual helped change the way we understand…
人类心脏机能的理解
how the human heart works forever.
现在 我很荣幸地宣布
And now I’m honored to read;
“约翰·霍普金斯大学董事会…
“The Board of Regents of this, the Johns Hopkins University…
将荣誉博士学位授予 这位创新进取的科学家
“in consideration of an innovative scientist…
这位出类拔萃的教师
“an outstanding teacher, and a skilled clinical technician…
这位娴熟灵巧的临床医师——
“has this day awarded this honorary doctorate…
维维安·托马斯先生
“to Mr. Vivien Thomas. ”
祝贺你 托马斯博士
Congratulations, Dr. Thomas.
谢谢你 陶西格博士
Thank you, Dr. Taussig.
我并不习惯处在聚光灯下
I’m not accustomed to being in the limelight.
站在这里
So being placed in the position…
我觉得自己
I find myself in now…
有一丝惶恐
makes me quite humble…
也有一点骄傲
and a little proud.
40年前 当我…
When I put my hammer and saw down…
当我放下锤子和锯子
40 years ago…
接受与一个年轻外科医生 共事的工作机会时
and was offered an opportunity to work with a young surgeon…
我从未想过
I had no idea…
能在如此受人尊崇的
that I’d be able to make a mark on an institution
研究机构里取得荣誉
as prestigious as this one.
从未想过
I had no idea that I…
因为对医学的贡献
would have any contribution to make to medicine…
而获得这种认可
that would merit this type of recognition.
我只想说 谢谢所有的家人
I simply say thank you to all of my family…
所有的朋友 在这里的…
and all of my friends who are here…
和不能来这里的…
and to all of my friends who could not be here.
我非常感谢你们
I thank you very much.
这也是个特别的场合
This is also a special occasion…
来为你的画像揭幕 维维安
to mark the unveiling of your likeness, Vivien.
托马斯博士请来会议室内
Paging Dr. Thomas. Dr. Vivien Thomas to the boardroom, please.
约翰斯·霍普金斯大学率先进行的的”蓝婴”手术
开创了心外科手术的新领域
如今全美的医生每年要进行175万例心脏手术

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!