我常常说 各位做了正确的抉择
and if l say so myself you made the right choice.
让我们看看 上一个会计年度的纪录
Let’s look at the record. ln the last fiscal year,
我们的税前毛利是 一亿一千两百万
we made $1 1 2 million before taxes.
而且我们根本不用付税
Only we ain’t payin’ no taxes.
当然和其他业界一样 我们难免会有小误会
Of course like in every business we had our little misunderstandings.
让我们默哀一分钟
Let us now observe one minute of silence
悼念我们在芝加哥 北区的七位弟兄
in memory of seven of our members from Chicago North Side Chapter,
他们不幸遭到杀害 与我们天人永隔
who are unable to be with us tonight on account of bein’ rubbed out.
你也是 大嘴
You too Spats.
站起来
Up.
慢慢来
Easy now.
-你知道该何时出现吗 -知道 他们第二次唱
-You know when you come out? -Yeah. Second time they sing:
因为他是个大家公认的大好人
For he’s a jolly good fellow which nobody can deny.
对
OK.
别把蛋糕弄坏了 我要带回去给孩子们吃
And don’t mess up the cake. l promised to bring back a piece to my kids.
各位与会代表
Now fellow delegates,
每个生意人迟早都会想到…
there comes a time in the life of every business executive
退休的事
when he starts thinkin’ about retirement.
不
No!
我一直在找继任人选
I’m lookin’ around for somebody to fill my shoes.
我考虑了好几个人
I’ve been considerin’ several candidates.
比如说 芝加哥 就有个足以担此重任的人
For instance there’s a certain party from Chicago,
芝加哥的南区帮
South Side Chapter.
有人认为他有点太自大了
Now some people say he’s gotten a little too big for his spats.
我认为他是个走远路的人
But l say he’s a man who’ll go far.
有些人认为他太过分了
Some people say he’s gone too far.
但我觉得 路遥知马力 日久见人心
But l say you can’t keep a good man down.
当然他该学的还很多
Of course he’s still got a lot to learn.
情人节的那场闹剧
The big noise he made on St Valentine’s Day,
有损我们的公众形象
that wasn’t very good for public relations.
他居然还让两个证人溜了 真粗心
And lettin’ them two witnesses get away. That sure was careless.
别担心那两个人 他们死定了
Don’t worry about those two. They’re as good as dead.
我今天差点逮到他们
l almost caught up with them today.
你让他们两度逃跑
You mean you let ’em get away twice?
有些人会觉得你实在太粗心了
Some people would say that’s real sloppy.
但是人非圣贤 孰能无过
But l say: to err is human to forgive divine.
为了表示我的诚意
And just to show you what l think of you Spats,
兄弟们说你的生日快到了
the boys told me you was gonna have a birthday.
所以我们帮你准备了个蛋糕
So we baked you a little cake.
我的生日
My birthday?
我还有四个月才生日
Why it ain’t for another four months.
我们提前庆祝嘛 差几个月有啥关系
So we’re a little early. What’s a few months between friends?
各位 咱们一起唱
All right boys. Now all together.
因为他是个大好人
For he’s a jolly good fellow.
因为他是个大好人
For he’s a jolly good fellow.
因为他是个大好人
For he’s a jolly good fellow.
大家都公认
Which nobody can deny.
因为他是个大好人
For he’s a jolly good fellow.
大家都公认
Which nobody can deny.
真幽默
Big joke.
咱们离开这儿
Let’s get outta here.
抓住那两个家伙
Get those two guys.
发生什么事了
What happened here?
那个蛋糕让他们消受不了
There was somethin’ in that cake that didn’t agree with ’em.
请代我向大厨致意 我在拿到食谱前大家别离开
My compliments to the chef. Nobody leaves this room till l get the recipe.
你要把这件事搞成联邦案件
You wanna make a federal case of it?
对
Yeah.
被他们溜了
They slipped through our hands.
火车站 公路和机场 都有人把守 他们逃不了的
We’re watchin’ the train station roads and airport. They can’t get away.
-你听到了吗 -没有人会注意游艇
-Did you hear that? -But they’re not watching yachts.
-你去通知奥斯古 -要我跟他说什么
-You’re gonna call Osgood. -What’ll l tell him?
说你要跟他私奔
Tell him you’re gonna elope with him.
私奔 这可是违法的
Elope? But there are laws conventions.
当然要讲♥法♥律 但别忘了太平间
There’s a convention all right. There’s also the ladies’ morgue.
约瑟芬
Josephine.
贝英史托
Bienstock!
那不是女人
Hey. That’s no dame.
别唱了 甜甜
None of that Sugar.
男人不值得你这么伤心
No guy is worth it.
捉住她
Grab her.
约瑟芬
Josephine?
-奥斯古在码头等我们 -我们现在还不在码头
-Osgood’s meeting us at the pier. -We’re not on the pier yet.
我的朋友约瑟芬要当伴娘
My friend Josephine gonna be a bridesmaid.
-幸会 -快走
-Pleased to meet you. -Come on.
她真猴急
She’s so eager.
等等甜甜
Wait for Sugar!
-又一个伴娘 -是花童
-Another bridesmaid? -Flower girl.
-甜甜 你在做什么 -我说过我很笨
-Sugar what are you doing? -l told you I’m not very bright.
咱们走
Let’s go.
你不会要我的 甜甜
You don’t want me Sugar.
我是个骗子 是个萨克斯风手
I’m a liar and a phoney. A saxophone player.
是你避之唯恐不及的人♥渣♥
One of those no-goodniks you keep running away from.
我就知道每次都这样
l know. Every time.
甜甜 你回去找那些百万富翁吧
Sugar do yourself a favour. Go back to the millionaires.
这样才能尝到甜头
The sweet end of the lollipop,
别再跟着那些败事有余的萨克斯风手
not the coleslaw in the face and the squeezed-out tube of toothpaste.
说吧 想办法让我改变心意
That’s right pour it on. Talk me out of it.
我打电♥话♥给老妈 她喜极而泣
l called Mama. She was so happy she cried.
她要你穿她的白纱礼服
She wants you to have her wedding gown. It’s white lace.
奥斯古 我不能穿你♥妈♥的♥礼服结婚
Osgood l can’t get married in your mother’s dress.
我们两个的身材不同
She and l we are not built the same way.
-礼服可以改 -不行
-We can have it altered. -Oh no you don’t.
奥斯古 老实说吧 我们不能结婚
Osgood I’m gonna level with you. We can’t get married at all.
为什么
Why not?
这个嘛…
Well…
第一 我不是天生金发
ln the first place I’m not a natural blonde.
没关系
Doesn’t matter.
我是个老烟枪
l smoke. l smoke all the time.
我不在乎
l don’t care.
我的过去不堪回首
l have a terrible past.
我跟萨克斯风乐手同居了三年
For three years I’ve been living with a saxophone player.
我原谅你
l forgive you.
我不能生小孩
l can never have children.
-我们可以领养 -你不懂 奥斯古
-We can adopt some. -You don’t understand Osgood.
-我是个男人 -这个嘛…
-I’m a man. -Well,
人总不可能十全十美
nobody’s perfect.