I just try to outwork myself, outwork my insecurities.
对失败的威胁 我变得无动于衷
I become indifferent to, uh, the threat of failure
因为我知道无论如何
because I know that no matter what,
即使这不是真正的成功
even if it’s not a bona fide success,
至少继续努力是件好事
it’ll be good for you to at least continue to push yourself.
90%的旅程都满是动荡与不堪
90% of the journey is tumultuous and ugly.
但要找到这些金块 你必须经历整个过程
But to get to those nuggets, you have to go through it.
你可能到达不了
You may not get there,
但你总比什么都不做好
but you can be better off than doing nothing.
他一直想创造
He keeps wanting to create.
他从不坐以待毙
He’s never sitting back.
他不想说 “我后悔 我本可以 我应该试试的
He doesn’t want to say, “I regret. I could have. I should have.”
要是做了就好了”
“Oh, only if I did.”
他总是知道自己想去哪里
He always knew where he wanted to be.
这绝非偶然
It’s not like an accident.
他成为动作英雄则是偶然
Him becoming an action hero was an accident.
最初的兰博是个杀人狂
The original Rambo was a homicidal maniac.
他是越战的受害者
He was a vicious casualty from the war.
伤痕累累地归来
He came back broken.
他没有办法重得美国的青睐
There’s nothing he could do to earn his way back into America’s good graces.
我说:“如果要我参与
So I said, “If I’m gonna get involved with this,
我想改写剧本 我想把他一路推到边缘”
I want to rewrite the screenplay. And I want him to go right to the edge.”
让他自带某种野性的凶猛
Bring a certain kind of feral ferocity to it
连我都吓一跳
that even shocks me.
有的只是这张扭曲愤怒的面孔
When it’s like, there’s just this contorted face and rage.
我不用看很远 就知道是哪里来的
I don’t have to look far to figure out where that came from.
我父亲其实就是现实版的兰博
My father was Rambo, in reality.
从来没有口头解决过问题
Nothing was ever settled verbally.
总是要动手动粗
It was usually a physical ultimatum.
转叉子的方式
The way you turn a fork.
如果他这样吃东西…
If he’s eating like this…
你就知道肯定要挨打
you know you’re gonna get it.
这个家伙可不能惹
You did not mess with this guy.
这就是…遗传 他就这样
That look, it was just… It was genetic. He’d go…
我瞅准机会
I saw an opportunity to do
做我第一部纯粹的动作片
what I consider, like, the first pure action film.
那是因为整部片子全部是体力活
That being that this thing is completely done kinetically.
就是…有太多动作戏了
There’s just… there’s so much movement
以至于主角无法驾驭对白
that dialogue can’t be handled by the star.
必须靠特劳特曼和其他人
It has to be handled by Trautman and other people.
你真的会被这个感觉自己被抛弃的
I mean, you are really drawn into this loner,
独行侠吸引
solitary figure who feels abandoned.
他的表演源自内心深处
Whatever he was acting was deep inside,
远比剧本字面更深刻
so much deeper than what’s on the page.
他很善于写巧妙且富节奏感的对话
He has a good way of writing dialogue that’s both witty and rhythmic,
但感觉又像是某种即兴表演
but also seems a bit like improvisation to some degree.
史莱在文字创作上有独特的天赋
Sly has a unique gift in the words he writes.
他写出的东西很简单 很真实
They’re simple, they’re true.
他写作与说出的语言背后有用意
There’s an intent behind things he writes and says.
我开始认真阅读关于越战老兵的资料 了解他们的真实话语
Started really reading up on vets and their actual words,
处境 创伤
situations, traumas.
我心想:“哇 如果我能 从20个不同的老兵经历中
And I thought, “Wow, if I could put a couple of beats
汲取些许节奏 加以混合…”
from about 20 different guys’ lives, jumble them up…”
因为兰博已经好几年没说过话了
Because Rambo hasn’t spoken in years,
所以他不可能流畅表达
so he’s not coming out fluid.
肯定是匆忙的 涤罪的
It’s just this rush, this purging.
我记得听过某个老兵的一些故事
So I remember I had heard stories about this guy,
他带着个擦鞋盒去了西贡
about going into Saigon, carrying a shoeshine box.
“擦亮 拜托 擦亮”
“Shine, please. Shine. Shine.”
我说不要 他总是一直说
I said no. He kept asking, yeah.
乔说:“好” 我去买♥♥了几瓶啤酒
And Joey said, “Yeah.” And I went to get a couple beers.
那盒子上连着引线
And the box was wired.
“我去买♥♥了几瓶啤酒
“I went to get a couple of beers.”
擦鞋盒上连着引线 那孩子把它打开
“The shine box was wired. The kid opened it. Joey…”
乔被炸了个粉身碎骨
“It blew his body all over the place.”
他还问:‘我的腿哪里去了?’”
“And there he is laying there going, ‘Where are my legs?'”
我的朋友!身体碎片溅我一身
My friend! It’s all over me!
血什么的 我试着把他拼起来
Got blood and everything. I’m trying to hold him together.
我把他拼在一起 他的内脏总是出来
I put him together, his fucking insides keep coming out.
完全没人帮忙!
And nobody would help!
没人帮我 他说:“拜托 我想回家…”
Nobody helped. He’s saying, “Please, I wanna go home…”
“我的腿在哪里?” 这种故事是编不出来的
“Where the fuck are my legs?” You can’t make that shit up.
这种东西凭空写不出来
You cannot make that kind of writing up.
我花了好一阵子才消化这些故事
It took me a while to really absorb all these stories
把它们加工成癫狂的独白
and put it in this kind of crazy monologue
这些都不在剧本里
that was not in the screenplay.
我看过大卫·莫雷尔的原作
I had read David Morrell’s original book.
这本书的主旨是
The whole point of the book is
如果你利用这种超级杀人机器
if you take this super weapon killing machine,
等战争结束后
when the war is over,
想让它保持关闭状态并不容易
keeping that switch turned off isn’t so easy.
这个概念在《第一滴血》里 被完全抛弃了
That entire concept is thrown away in First Blood.
从兰博杀死民防兵
The changing of it from Rambo murdering the posse
变成使其受伤 这是史泰龙的主意
to wounding the posse was Stallone’s idea.
原本 按照剧本 在故事结尾
At the very end, originally, the way it was in the script,
我被特劳特曼上校射死 慢动作死去
I am shot by Colonel Trautman, and I die in slow motion.
我对导演说:“这样不好”
And I said to the director, “This is not good.”
我不想让那些越战老兵
I don’t want everyone who was a Vietnam vet
看电影时见我被射死
to see this film and then me shot,
然后觉得 “哎呀 原来我一点希望也没有”
and realize, “Oh, so there’s no hope for me at all. None.”
然后我就离开了 他们吼叫着 说如果我不回来
And I left. And they were screaming that if I don’t come back,
那就是违反合约
it was a breach of contract.
他们在拉斯维加斯进行放映
They screen it in Las Vegas.
试映效果很差 他们放了你看到的版本
It tested so badly, they put in the one that you see,
因为当时每月 有两万名越战老兵死于自杀
because at that time they were losing 20,000 vets to suicide a month.
我说:“我不想参与其中 我不想”
I said, “I don’t want to be part of that. I don’t.”
我坚决不会这么做
And I’m not going to.
在1980年代前后 我开始制♥作♥《兰博》
Around the mid ’80s, I started doing Rambo.
这个角色成为了某种开始
And this character kind of started something.
人们首先想到的是体格
First thing that comes to mind is physicality.
我认为史泰龙 之所以成为1980年代的完美明星
I think the thing that made Stallone a perfect ’80s star
是因为那个年代的放肆潮流
was that everything about that decade was about excess.
但他的身体及其造成的混乱 它所能造成的杀戮…
But his body and the chaos it can make, the carnage it can cause…
人们喜欢看他把自己推向极限
People loved watching him push himself.
即便这几乎是一种自嘲
Even when it was almost self-parodying, people went
人们会去是因为他是自己的极致版本
because he was the ultra version of himself.
阿诺·施瓦辛格是他唯一的对手
Arnold Schwarzenegger was his only competition.
史莱突然跟兰博一起闯进我的竞技场
Sly, all of a sudden with Rambo, he stepped into my arena.
突然间 他展现一身肌肉 大家都在谈论他的身体
All of a sudden he was ripped, and everyone talking about his body.
当然 这也带来了竞争
And so that created competition, of course.
那时 我们就像小孩子
At that point, we were like little kids.
谁的刀更长?
Who uses bigger knives?
谁的枪更大 谁能单手持枪…
Who uses the biggest guns and holds them in one arm and…
你懂的 类似这种
You know, like that.
谁的肌肉更多 谁的肌肉更清晰
And who has more muscles, who has more muscle definition,
谁的体脂更少
who has less body fat?
我们总为一些无谓的东西拼争
I mean, stupid stuff that we would be fighting over.
现在回头看看 两个人都觉得好笑
Now we look back and we laugh at the whole thing.
我们明白了肌肉的功效
We learned the effect of having muscles.
只要有肌肉 人们愿意花两倍的钱
The effect is that people buy in twice as much.
这才为动作片提供了新的活力
This is what really gave action movies a whole new boost.
新的推动
A whole new push.
我一心想让这种类型片
I was really committed to making that genre
能够盈利
something that would be lucrative
让它走遍世界 也确实做到了
and would travel around the world, and it did.
西尔维斯特·史泰龙 有一种不可抗拒的气质
There’s something irresistible about Sylvester Stallone.
从弱者成为冠军…
From underdog to champion…
…并为史泰龙赢得了 全球知名度和个人财富
…and have earned Stallone both worldwide fame and a personal fortune.
史泰龙清楚自己的定位 因为他知道该从何处出击
Stallone knows he got where he is because he knows what it is to make a hit.
我一直在关注史莱
I always was trailing Sly.
我总是落后他一步