I’m flying blind.
感觉就像打架时说:“我不知道…”
It’s like going into a fight and saying, “I don’t know…”
我只知道 这种感觉会过去
I’ve just learned that that will pass.
坚持住
Just hang in there.
不要让焦虑症发作 让这种恐惧…这都是过程的一部分
Don’t have your anxiety attacks. Let that fear… That’s all part of it.
这就是它的有趣之处 你害怕
That’s what makes it interesting, is you’re afraid of it.
洛奇·巴尔博亚的成功事迹
The success story of the character, Rocky Balboa,
与影星西尔维斯特·史泰龙 本人的成功故事非常相似
is strikingly similar to the success story of the star, Sylvester Stallone.
目前 史泰龙即将完成 《洛奇2》的制♥作♥
And nowadays, Stallone is putting the finishing touches on Rocky II
此片由他亲自编剧、导演和出演
as writer, director, and star,
对于制♥作♥续集的风险 他并没有表现出明显的焦虑
with no noticeable anxiety about the perennial dangers of doing a sequel.
事实上 史泰龙一如既往地充满自信
In fact, as usual, Stallone is completely confident.
约翰·艾维尔森想接手《洛奇》
John Avildsen wanted to go off Rocky.
他去花♥花♥公♥子♥大宅 醉酒嗑药
He goes to the Playboy Mansion, he gets drunk, he starts using drugs.
换句话说就是成功的负面影响
In other words, the downside of success.
他不是那种人
This is not that guy.
这个人一直不断地自我敦促
This is the guy who continues to just push and push
还会带动周围的人
and takes everyone with him.
一个非常理想主义的人
A really idealistic individual.
约翰·艾维尔森 不喜欢《洛奇2》的剧本
See, John Avildsen didn’t like the script for Rocky II,
结果最后变成我执导
so I ended up directing it.
我不知道 -能不能说两句 洛奇?
I don’t know. -How about a statement, Rocky?
我不知道 感觉不知该说什么
I don’t know. I’m at a loss for words.
退后!
Rocky! -Get back!
《洛奇》和《洛奇2》 动人的地方之一
One of the things that made Rocky I and Rocky II so powerful was
在于史泰龙讲述自我历程的方式
the way Stallone was able to tell his story.
他把自己的人生故事 导入洛奇和阿波罗·克里德两个人物
He is channeling his life story into both Rocky and Apollo Creed.
阿波罗·克里德在家里暴跳如雷 对着妻子念恶意信件
Apollo Creed is stomping around his house reading hate mail to his wife.
原型可能是西尔维斯特·史泰龙 在自己家暴跳如雷
That’s probably Sylvester Stallone stomping around his mansion
读着宝琳·基尔 对《陋巷风云》做的影评
reading Pauline Kael’s review for Paradise Alley.
他以这样或那样的方式 将名人生活
He’s putting under the microscope the whole concept of celebrity,
置于显微镜之下
to one degree or another.
续集的故事在某种意义上 比第一部要更精彩
The story is, in a sense, better than the first one
因为它涉及的题材人们更容易认同
because it deals with much more identifiable subjects.
洛奇以前独来独往 现在他肩负着各种责任
Rocky was a loner, now he has a different kind of responsibility.
他所肩负的责任和问题 但凡是结了婚
He has the kind of responsibility and problems that everyone in the audience
或者考虑结婚的观众都有同感
who has been married or thinking about getting married can identify with.
没有人会把《洛奇》系列 视为家庭电影
I mean, nobody thinks of Rocky as family movies,
但这些电影的核心 都是洛奇与艾德里安的关系
and yet, like, at their core is this relationship between him and Adrian.
是建立感情和建立家庭 与必须从事的工作之间
The tug-of-war between having this relationship and building this family
存在的拉锯战
and having this job that he has to do.
你什么时候回家的? 我还以为你在工作呢
When did you get home? I thought you were at work.
没有 我不上班了
No, I… ain’t at work no more.
我今天…被炒了
I got, uh… I got canned today.
噢
Oh.
怎么回事?
What happened?
那你要放弃自己的命运
Now, do you give up your destiny
只为信守“承诺”吗?
for a “promise” that you made?
你打算怎么办?
What are you gonna do?
我不知道 我想着…搏击
I don’t know. I was, uh… thinking about fighting.
你想做什么都可以 不必非要搏击
You can be whatever you wanna be. You don’t have to fight.
可我是个拳手
Well, you know, I am a fighter.
虽然不怎么厉害 但我就是做这个的
Not too good, but that’s what I do.
洛奇 你答应过我 以后不做这个了
Well, Rocky, you gave me your word you wouldn’t fight anymore.
你看到他低谷时的状态
You see him in the lowest point.
他在一个糟糕的小地下室
He’s, like, in this horrible little basement.
头顶一束光
He’s there under a light.
这个人有一种…
There’s something about this guy who’s…
他注定要做某件事
He’s destined to do something,
而且被错误的东西所束缚
and he’s being held back for the wrong reasons.
当他终于说出:“我从没有要求你不做女人
When he finally says, “I never asked you to stop being a woman,
拜托你也不要 阻止我当个男子汉 我做不到”
please don’t ask me to stop being a man. I can’t.”
他说:“我爱这个女人
He says, I love this woman,
但如果我连试都不试 她就不会爱
but she will not love what I will become
我要成为的那个人”
if I don’t at least try.
《洛奇2》再次大获成功
Rocky II, that went through the roof again.
票房♥比第一部高一倍 简单来说…
Doubled the amount of money the first one made, and it just went…
火遍全球
I mean, just bananas all over the world.
他真的变成了香饽饽
So people now were really hustling him.
史莱在演艺圈里上升得很快
Sly climbed the ladder, I would say, very quickly in show business.
很少有演员有制片和执导的能力
Very few actors have the discipline to produce and to direct.
你必须一周七天 一天24小时不停地思考
You have to think about it 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
我了解并喜欢电影制♥作♥
Filmmaking is something I understand and embrace.
但代价高昂
But it comes at a great price.
当你真正投入 同时兼顾电影制♥作♥
When you’re a truly absorbed filmmaker,
表演 编剧 导演 制♥作♥
act, write, and direct, and produce and all at one time,
就根本没时间顾及其他事情
there’s no time for anything else.
留给家人的只有零星的关注
Just pieces and bits and scraps for family.
“今天怎么样?” “我不想说话”
“What happened today?” “Don’t wanna talk about it.”
这就是现实 等你回到家中 感觉却不太像现实
That’s reality. When you come home, it’s almost not reality.
这是个可怕的难题
It’s a terrible conundrum.
在你年轻的时候 总想着“家里要满是艺术品和孩子!”
When you’re younger… “Gotta fill the house with art.Gotta fill the house with children.”
好了 现在满了
“Gotta fill…” Well, now it’s full.
孩子们都向前看了
Children have moved on,
留你守着空空荡荡的大房♥子
and you’re left with this big, hollow, kind of…
嗯
Mmm.
感觉它不再能够
It’s just, it doesn’t serve you anymore
为你带来灵感
as a source of inspiration.
我搬家不是因为“想要另一片美景”
I wasn’t moving ’cause… “Oh wow, I want another beautiful view.”
每次改换熟悉的范式…
Anytime changing that paradigm, which you become used to,
都是在重启这一过程
it’s literally to jumpstart that process again.
拍续集实在太难了
It’s so hard to do a sequel.
每拍一集都越来越难
It’s harder and harder, each one.
总是很累 人们总是在你耳边吵吵闹闹
It’s always exhausting. People are always in your ear all the time,
受到批评 你会说
then you get the criticism.
“受这种苦换来的乐趣 值得吗?”
And you say, “Is the pleasure really gonna be worth the pain?”
电影一部比一部难拍
Every film becomes more and more difficult
因为你缺少了饥饿艺术家的新鲜感
because you don’t have the freshness of a hungry artist.
在拍《洛奇3》之前 我就产生了恐惧
Before Rocky III, I developed fear.
也许我已不复从前 也许是运气好
Maybe I’m not what I was. Maybe it was luck.
当中已不再有激♥情♥
There’s no passion involved.
这是笔好买♥♥卖♥♥ 报酬丰厚
It’s a good deal, it’s good money, it’s good that.
你开始受到保护
You start getting protected.
经纪公♥司♥帮你挡这挡那 让你拍片
The agencies… “keep this and keep that and do this film.”
很安全
“It’s safe. It’s safe. It’s safe.”
过了一段时间 你意识到
And after a while you realize,
“我没拍出好东西 因为我顾着听别人的话”
“I’m doing nothing good because I’m listening to other people.”
数年后 你一觉醒来 觉得自己是个赢家 其实不然
You wake up after a few years thinking you’re a winner, but you’re not.
《洛奇3》就是个例子
And Rocky III was an example of that.
我们有车有钱
We got cars, we’ve got money!
除了真♥相♥ 我们什么都有
We got everything but the truth.
该死 真♥相♥到底是什么?
What’s the truth, damn it?
我害怕!行了吧?
I’m afraid! All right?
你想听我说出来吗? 想把我压垮?我害怕!
You wanna hear me say it? Wanna break me down? I’m afraid!
什么?
What?
你没听哪个拳手说 “我害怕 我是个懦夫”
You’ll never have a fighter ever say, “I’m afraid. I’m a coward.”
然后她回答到
And then she turns it around.
“我也害怕 害怕没什么不好”
“I’m afraid too. Nothing wrong with being afraid.”
这样就可以积聚勇气
And then out of that could come courage.
也许是不总是听从他人的勇气…
Maybe the courage not to do all those things everybody’s telling…
听从经理 听从管你的人
the manager’s telling you to do, the people who are handling you.
也许勇气是另一回事 那毅力呢?
Maybe courage is another thing. What about going the distance?
我说:“史莱 多听听自己的心声
I said, “Sly, get back, start listening to yourself a little bit.”
相信你的直觉”
“Just trust your instincts.”
我想做的所有决定 比如让T先生出演
Every decision I wanted to do, like I wanted to use Mr. T,
我想用“生存者乐队”的《虎眼》 我想让霍克·霍肯出演
I wanted Survivor to do “Eye of the Tiger,” I wanted Hulk Hogan,
而得到的答复总是“这也太离谱了”
and everything was met with, “That’s ridiculous, that’s ridiculous.”
我说:“我知道 是很离谱”
I go, “I know. It is ridiculous.”
但这样有戏剧性 有意思 不同凡响
But it’s theatrical. It’s interesting. It’s different.
我就像磨床工 日复一日坚持
I’m a grinder. I just grind and grind, you know?
我只是试着超越自己 克服不安全感