“我不想这样 我不想我们回到起点”
“I didn’t want this. I just want us to be back to where we started.”
她给我撕了一道新口子
She tears me a new one.
“救救你的儿子”
“Save your son.”
其中很大部分是真实的
A lot of that is true.
只可惜 你将很多东西 看得比家庭更重
You know, unfortunately, you put things before your family,
而后果是严重且具毁灭性的
and the repercussions are quite radical and devastating.
我试着融入我的信念 我的哲学
I try to impart my beliefs, my philosophies,
如果你夜不能寐 失去了身边的人 失去自己的骨肉
that all the grandeur, all the fanfare, all the international acclaim,
所有的光鲜、簇拥和国际赞誉
means nothing when you can’t sleep at night,
都变得毫无意义
when you have no one next to you, when you don’t have your flesh and blood.
《洛奇5》可能个人色彩太过浓重
Rocky V might have been just too personal.
观众很难欣赏
It just didn’t land with the audience at all.
我以前常跟人说
I used to tell people, I said, “Don’t ever watch the second half
“看明星传记永远别看下半部分”
of any biography about a star.”
因为总是写:“在这里 某人达到巅峰
Because it’s always, “And here at the pinnacle,
世界尽握手中 然后…
and he had the world in his hand. And then…”
马上就要垮台了”
“Well, stay tuned for the fall.”
史莱 -史莱!
Sly! Sly!
如果我知道这辈子一共会拍25部电影
If I knew I had to do 25 films my whole life, that’s it,
我会选择更多不一样的东西
you’d choose a lot different than this.
现在 突然间 你在表演滑稽戏 这就像180度大转弯
Now all of a sudden, you’re doing a farce. That’s like 180 degrees.
滑稽戏是一种已经消亡的艺术形式
Farce. It’s a dead art form.
滑稽戏不是真正的喜剧 有点…
Farce is not really comedy. It’s little…
它节奏很快
It’s so fast.
你要跳出自己的框架
You just really step out of your box
去表演滑稽戏
and you do farce,
那你真是自己找罪受
you’re really asking for it.
你明白我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
如果有饥饿感 你就会一直尝试拓展
If you’re hungry, you always try to expand.
史莱想尝试喜剧也很正常
It was natural for Sly to feel like, “I want to get into comedies.”
哪部电影最远离你的…
Which one took you furthest from–
真实自我? -对
Who I am? -Yeah.
毫无疑问 是那部
Without a doubt. That. That.
《母子威龙》
Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot.
有个剧本同时被送到 我和他的经纪人那里
There was a script that was offered to his agent and to my agent.
我看剧本的时候说 “这种电影我应该卖♥♥不出去”
When I read the script, I said, “This, I don’t think I could sell,”
但我不想告诉他们我不演
but I’m not gonna tell them I’m out of it.
于是工作室马上来电♥话♥ 他们说:“阿诺想要剧本”
And so they called right away, the studio. They said, “Arnold wants the script.”
一听我想接拍 史莱气得要命
So Sly was going so nuts about the fact that I want to do it,
于是 他铁了心接下那部片子
he then committed to the movie, and then he did the movie.
并且创造了历史
And the rest is history.
他拍了很多自己眼中无厘头的片子
He was making movies that didn’t make any sense for him
或者说是貌似无厘头的片子
or didn’t appear to be making sense for him.
我是说 在那些电影里 他完全是西尔维斯特·史泰龙
I mean, those are movies where he is thoroughly Sylvester Stallone in them.
只是环境看起来不甚相称
It’s just that the environment didn’t seem right.
我无法把我和真正的自己脱开 我也尝试过一段时间
I can’t really disassociate myself from what I am, and I tried for a while.
我去演喜剧 尽管这样做有些冒险
Doing the comedies, even though it was kind of an adventure,
真是白费功夫
it really was a wasted effort.
我本可以用这些时间做更有意义的事
I could’ve done much better things with my time.
我觉得大家都觉得很幻灭
I think people felt very disillusioned.
他们问 “你为什么不做你该做的事?”
They said, “Look, why don’t you do maybe what you’re meant to do?”
你也许可以说 回归本源
Going back to my roots, you might say.
然后人们会觉得我少言寡语
Then I became considered to be, like, monosyllabic.
我口头上说的话越少
And the less I did verbally
身体动作越多
and the more I did physically
我就是因此广为人知
was the way I was known.
他真的就像个大块头动作明星
He really is just like this hulking action figure
根本不怎么讲话
who really doesn’t speak.
他是动作片的主角
He’s playing the lead in an action movie,
这部发生在监狱 另一部在火车上
and this one is set in prison, and another one, it’s set on a train.
此时我说:“好吧 没完没了的动作片
To the point where I said, “Okay, action, action, action.”
你在做什么?”
“What are you doing?”
他的角色少了性格
His characters stopped being less character
更多的只是领衔
and more just the leading man.
而《警♥察♥帝国》带我们回到了昔日
And Cop Land brought us back to that.
我不再享受到任何快乐
I was not deriving any pleasure anymore.
我觉得挑战主要是身体方面的
I felt that the challenges were that of physical challenge,
与对角色的依赖无关
and nothing to do with any reliance upon character work,
这完全依赖你的表演
where you are totally dependent upon how you act.
于是我想 我必须停一停
And so I thought, you know, I have to stop this.
我必须回归我喜欢的事物
I have to try to go back to what I enjoy more,
前提是和其他演员互动
and the premise is interacting with other actors.
当米拉麦克斯和《警♥察♥帝国》邀约时
And then when Miramax came with Cop Land,
他们说:“这次会很艰难
they said, “This is going to be difficult,
因为你必须彻底摆脱
because you’re going to have to completely divest yourself
过去十年来一直坚持的东西”
of what you’ve used for the past ten years.”
也就是说 你得增重14公斤
Which is, you have to gain 30 pounds.
你要变得低三下四 谄媚 害羞
You have to be incredibly obsequious, fawning, shy.
是时候来个大变身了
Time for me to turn inside out.
彻底展现我内在的东西
To literally show what I have inside on the outside.
所以这是让大家 正视你演员实力的一大机会
So this is your chance to be taken seriously as an actor?
我想确认自己有机会
Well, I would like to be able to know that I had an opportunity
与优秀的演员合作 自己可以稳定发挥
to work with great actors, and see if I could hold my own.
莫 抱歉 他就这样冲进来 -不好意思 抱歉
Excuse me. -Moe, I apologize. He just walked in.
抱歉这么急着进来 可是…
I’m sorry for rushing in like this.
与德尼罗的那场戏
When I do the scene with De Niro,
我已经等了20年
been waiting for this scene for 20 years.
大家都说:“这就像一场大屠♥杀♥ 一定会惨不忍♥睹”
Everyone’s going, “Oh, this is gonna be a bloodbath. This is gonna be terrible.”
这是什么?你来找我 我的…
What is this? You came to me, to my…
我说我的台词
And I’m doing my lines,
但我感觉老鲍 没有拿出过多看家本领跟我对戏
and I feel that Bobby is not giving me enough “Bobby.”
我真的很想让他狠狠攻击我这个角色
I really wanted him to lay into me, the character.
我想让他狠狠敲打我
I really want him to hit me hard as I need to be hit
让我觉得好像…
for me to feel as though I’m…
把角色演得恰到好处
playing the character properly.
离开那个房♥间时 我必须体无完肤
I need to walk out of this room demolished.
我心想:“我要脱离剧本 尝试激怒他”
I said, “I’m gonna go off the page. I’m going to try to get under his skin.”
这场戏拍到最后一句
So we’re doing the scene, and we get to the final line.
“我再也帮不了你了”
“I can’t help you anymore.”
我知道他在想什么
Now, I know that he’s thinking,
“好了 完事了” 我说:“喂 等一下
“Okay, that’s a wrap.” I go, “Wait, whoa, wait a minute.”
你说过 如果我需要帮助 你会支持我
“You said if I needed help, you would be here.”
我可以上来…”
“I could come up here…”
他说:“好了 一切都结束了”
He goes, “Hey, it’s over. Everything’s over.”
“还没结束 我做了你希望我做的事
“No, but it’s not over. I did what you wanted me to do.”
我照你说的做了
“I did exactly what you asked.”
现在你说这不再重要了?
“Now you’re saying it doesn’t matter anymore?”
给我一个机会 听我说”
“Just give me a chance. Listen, hear me out.”
他说:“闭嘴 你这该死的聋子!”
He goes, “Shut– You deaf fuck!”
闭嘴 你这该死的聋子
Listen to me, you deaf fuck.
能够有所作为的时候 我给了你机会
I offered you a chance when we could’ve done something.
我给了你一个当警♥察♥的机会 是你搞砸了!
I offered you a chance to be a cop, and you blew it!
操 这就对了!谢谢你 鲍比
Fuck yeah! Thank you, Bobby.
但那场演砸了
But that bombed.
效果不太好
That didn’t do well.
他带动电影剧情
He’s carrying the movie,
不过靠的是角色的机动性
but through this physicality as a character.
其他角色都有火花 大段的台词
Everybody else has the fireworks, everybody else has big speeches.
一切都归结于他角色特征的细节
It’s all down to the minutiae of… the ephemera of his characterization.
史泰龙现在显得十分克制
Something about how restrained Stallone is being…
他的心底有着深刻的内涵
He is playing something deep in here.
真希望詹姆斯·曼戈德 当时能对史泰龙的努力更有信心
I wish that James Mangold had more faith in what Stallone was doing,
因为那种悲情是有原因的
because that sadness is there for a reason.
我觉得这部电影让他失望了
I think that the movie kind of lets him down.
我觉得这部电影中 他没有得到应有的认可
I don’t think he got the credit he deserved for that film.
这让他很沮丧
That was frustrating to him.
我开始对自己不抱幻想
I started to get disenchanted with myself.
我心想:“也许我也慢慢变得过时了”
I go, “Well, maybe that’s a natural migration into obsolescence.”
也许这就是必然的过程 你知道吗?
Maybe that’s the journey. You know?
谁都无法永远保持巅峰状态
Everyone can’t be, you know, at the top of their game forever.