I was always a step behind.
他总是总收入比我高
He was always making bigger grosses.
一年后 我才赚到他那么多
And then a year later, I made the same grosses.
但到那个时候 他又超出了我
But by that time, he made bigger grosses again.
总是这样
This is how it went.
然后他就一路往上
And he was up and up and up and up.
史莱现在根本停不下来 真的
Sly now couldn’t stop, really.
他不只是演员或导演 也是好莱坞的一股力量
Not just actor or director, but a force in Hollywood.
人们总是告诉我 你的粉丝
People are always telling me, your fans,
肯定是洛奇粉 要么就是兰博粉
it’s got to be Rocky or it’s got to be Rambo.
这让身为演员的你感到沮丧吗?
Now, is that a frustration for you as an actor?
它是把双刃剑
It’s double-edged.
令人沮丧 但能找到
It’s frustrating, but being able to find not one,
让我这么有认同感的角色 而且还是两个
but a couple characters to be so identified,
被完全接纳
so embraced,
你意识到自己有所成就
that you realize you’ve accomplished something,
这并非寻常
that’s kind of unusual.
我一直对续集电影深信不疑
I’ve always believed in sequels,
因为我觉得这样的故事 无法用一两个小时讲述完
because I think quite often this story can’t be told in two hours.
为什么不继续拍呢? 如果观众喜欢 何乐而不为?
Why not keep going on? If the audience likes it, why not?
我常跟别人说 别小看续集
I tell people, don’t diminish sequels.
因为要保持这样的趣味、热度和魅力
Because it’s ten times harder to come up with something
思考创意的难度要高十倍
that can keep that interest and heat and magic going.
后来有了《洛奇3》和《洛奇4》
So, and then, in Rocky III and Rocky IV,
当角色变得不太像 西尔维斯特·史泰龙的真实故事
when the character becomes less like the real story of Sylvester Stallone
而是更像漫画人物时…
and more like a comic book character.
他不仅是个漫画人物
And not only is he a comic book character,
他好像也在跟漫画里的恶棍较量
he’s seemingly fighting comic book villains,
就像漫威漫画里的那样
like as if torn from the pages of Marvel Comics.
电影中胜负代价的荒谬 占据了某种主导
The absurdity of what the stakes are in this movie sort of take over.
这是为了让观众在《洛奇》系列中
It’s about giving the audience the ultra Stallone experience
获得终极史泰龙体验
within the contained box of the Rocky brand.
他搏击 执导 写剧本
He’s fighting, he’s directing, he’s writing,
样样亲力亲为
he’s doing everything,
在动作电影的拍摄中 这种难度很大
which is very hard to do in a very physical movie.
道夫·伦格把我打了个落花流水
Dolph Lundgren, he pulverized me.
当夜晚些时候 我的心脏开始肿胀
Later that night, my heart started to swell,
心脏撞击胸口就会这样
which happens when the heart hits the chest.
随后 我的血压飙升至260
And then my blood pressure went up to 260.
他们以为我会升♥天♥
And they thought I was going to be talking to angels.
等我醒过来 已经身在重症监护室 身边全是修女
Next thing I know, I’m in intensive care
我想:“好吧 看来我要死了”
where I’m surrounded by nuns. And I thought, “Okay, that’s curtains.”
道夫·伦格让我住了九天院
Dolph Lundgren put me in the hospital for nine days.
我在《洛奇4》中做了总结
I basically summarized it in Rocky IV,
当你被打倒在地
like when you’re beaten to the ground
你祈祷有人揍在你脸上
and you’re praying someone knocks you on the chin
好让你不再受苦
so you just don’t suffer anymore,
你心里有个细小的声音 “再让我多打一局”
there’s a small voice inside you that says, “Give me one more round.”
我如此坚持 所以才做了五次背部手术
I push it. That’s why I’ve had five back operations.
第一次背部手术后 你就应该知道不该再这么干了
I knew. You should know after the first back operation not to do it again.
可能会再受一次罪 因为我知道…
Probably end up with another one ’cause I know…
我说再也不这样了 其实做不到
I say I’ll never do that again, but I do.
道理我明白 但还是会去做
I do. I don’t know why, but I do.
我一直身处一个动荡的世界
I’ve always been thrown in a world of turmoil
很多时候要拳脚相向
and kind of, like, a lot of physicality.
我想你可以称之为暴♥力♥
I guess you could call it violence.
我父亲参过军 曾加入骑兵队
My father was in the army, and he was in the cavalry.
我不知道他在什么军队
I don’t know what army he was in,
但在二战时 他们在墨西哥边境设有骑兵
but they had a cavalry in World War II along the Mexican border.
于是他学会打沙地马球
So he learned to play kinda like sandlot polo.
所以我花了很多时间…
So I spent a great deal of time…
我成为了骑手 玩了一阵子马球
So I became a horseman and I played for a while,
这是种邪乎的游戏
and it is a wicked game.
史莱成为了一名优秀的马球选手
Sly became an excellent polo player.
要不是因为父亲的威吓
He could have been like a six-, seven-goal player
他本可以成为六、七级选手
if it wasn’t for my father browbeating him.
这就是他放弃马球的原因
And that’s why he quit polo.
我40岁的时候又开始打马球
I started playing again when I was about 40.
我说:“好吧 这次我要好好打 现在我成功了 爸爸”
So I said, “Okay, let me do it right.” Now I’ve made it, Dad,
我要为父亲组建一支 由十级选手组成的超级强队
I’m gonna field my father a super team with ten-goal players,
我们在威灵顿
and we’ll play against each other
世界顶尖的马球中心相互较量
in the Wellington, the number one field in the world.
史莱·史泰龙向全世界展示了 他驾驭马匹和球棍的能力
Sly Stallone shows the world how good he is with horse and mallet,
令马球精英刮目相看
out to impress the polo elite.
我在场上打得顺风顺水
So I’m out there, playing well.
父亲与我不分伯仲
My father, we’re going neck and neck,
我从左侧击球
and I go out for a nearside.
我父亲从背后刺叉
My father spears me in the back.
他用力很猛
Hit me so hard,
我摔了下去
I went down.
《今夜娱乐》的人也在
Entertainment Tonight is there.
马直接从我身上踩过去 也不知为什么没要了我的命
The horse walked right over, I don’t know how it didn’t kill me.
但我还是自己站了起来 首先…
But I see myself getting up, and the first thing was like…
我首先想到的是 “他就这么骑马走开了”
And I think, “He just rode away.”
今天可能是我这辈子最刺♥激♥的一天
Today has been maybe, probably, the best thrill of my life.
终于在今天这样的 高质马球比赛中一较高下
Finally have gotten to play together in a quality polo game such as we had today.
你们可能注意到 场上首次也是唯一一次恶意攻击
If you notice, the first cheap shot, and only cheap shot in the game,
是我父亲…对他儿子实施的
was administered from my father… to his son.
就这样
That was it.
那次过后 我再也没打过马球
I never played polo again from that moment on.
所有东西全都卖♥♥了
I sold everything.
我卖♥♥掉了所有的马、牧场和卡车
I sold every horse, the ranch, the truck,
就这样结束了
and that was the end.
出生时 我们都是软土
Basically, when we’re born, we’re soft clay.
一个重手的雕塑家开始进行雕琢
And a heavy-handed sculptor starts to put dents in it,
铸出我们的模型 这就是我们
and that’s in our mold. That’s what we are.
你无法纠正这些扭曲之处
And you just can’t correct those distortions.
个性就是这样发展出来
And that’s what develops personality.
没有多少人能克服 这需要诸多努力
Not a lot of people can overcome. It takes work.
我想他拍《洛奇5》的目的
I think what he was going for in Rocky V is he wants to make sure
是想确保自己永远不会丢失自我
不会忘记初心
that he never loses who he was, where he came from.
他想回归根源
He wanted to get back to his roots,
我觉得他没有如他所愿
but I don’t think he did it the way he hoped.
拍《洛奇5》时 我想
At that time, with Rocky V, I thought,
如果我失去一切
if I lost everything,
我还能从头再来吗?
could I actually go back and start over again?
没有他人帮助就不行
Not without someone helping me.
我的时代已经过去
I realized I’m over.
这就是为什么 汤米比我自己的家庭还重要
That’s why Tommy is more important than my own family,
因为他会为我重得荣耀
because he’s gonna bring me glory again.
这几乎是十分私密的
He was almost too personal.
他把儿子塞奇也写进了故事
His son, Sage, he put him in it. He wrote him in it.
史莱想让儿子拥有 自己童年难以获得的机会
He wanted to give him this opportunity that was so hard for Sly to get.
你是怎么创作 父子俩在地下室那场戏的?
How did you write the scene in the basement with your son?
他说你关心拳击 却从不看我一眼
He’s saying, you’re invested in the boxing, but you’re not seeing me.
这是你自己的经验吗?
Is that something you drew upon from your own experience?
很不幸 的确如此
Unfortunately, yes.
你说过我会是你心中的第一 你说了这句话 你说谎了
You said I would be number one to you. You said that and you lied.
你骗了我 骗了妈妈!
You lied to me and you lied to Mom!
我从没骗过你
I never lied to you.
汤米需要我的帮助
Tommy needed my help.
我也是
So did I.
我试着加入了一些
I try to take something that actually
现实中希望自己本能做到
is what I wish I had done in real life,
但其实没能做到的东西
but I wasn’t able to do that in reality.
所以很多时候 我会用戏剧化的手法
And so, quite often, I would do it theatrically,
神奇地呈现
magically.
如果你有什么想传承的东西
If there’s something you want to pass on,
那就把它传给你的儿子吧 真是的
pass it on to your son, for God sakes!
当我失去儿子 濒临精神崩溃时 她的那番话…
Her speech, when I’m losing my son and I’m having a nervous breakdown…