洛奇:我没疯 我…
史泰龙 不只是传奇
日落大道 贝弗利大街
好莱坞
《迪纳秀!》 《拳头大风暴》首映篇 1978
《洛奇》之后是什么?
诺曼·杰维森录音
乔·埃泽哈斯录音
垃圾
治安官
《洛奇》
塞奇·史泰龙 1976年-2012年
我有遗憾吗?当然有遗憾啊
Do I have regrets? Hell yeah, I have regrets.
但这也是我克服后悔的动力
But that also is what motivates me to overcome the regrets.
来补救它
To, like, fix it.
我借助画画或者写东西来实现
And I do that through painting, or I do that through writing.
因为现实中已经无法补救了
‘Cause I can’t fix it physically.
已经过去了!
It’s gone.
就是那个叫做时间的鬼东西
You know, that fucking thing called time.
就…没了
Just…
我看着…
Gone. You know, I look at… Like,
如果你坐过火车
of you’re ever on a train,
车窗内风景划过
in every window… …scenery is going by.
就像一张照片 哗
It’s like a photo. Wham, wham, wham.
永远不会再次这样经过
And you’re never coming that way again.
这就是你的人生
And that’s what your life is. Whoosh!
捕捉掠过的风景
Snapping images seen whipping by.
你无法… 它已经不见了
And you can’t… It’s gone.
人很容易自满
It’s really easy to become complacent.
我想:“我得做点大事”
I thought, “I gotta do something drastic.”
一切都变得平凡无奇 不断重复
Everything is getting kind of mundane, repetitive.
我感觉自己在一点点枯萎干涸
I can feel myself withering a little bit, drying up,
就像老蔫的无花果 从树上坠下 日渐干瘪
like an old fig that fell off a tree. You know, you’re drying up.
老天 我还能活多久?20年?
Jesus, what am I gonna be around for? Another 20 years?
我不想自鸣得意20年
I don’t wanna be complacent for 20 years.
于是我说:“你真想玩刺♥激♥?
So I said, “Well, you really want to get the adrenals going?”
那就走人”
“Leave.”
于是我搬到了东部
And that’s why I gotta move east.
在我看来 收拾起自己的家当和过往
Nothing, I think, inspires you than taking your house or your history,
团成团丢掉最能启迪人
balling it up. You know…
西尔维斯特·史泰龙何许人也?
Who is this man, Sylvester Stallone?
艺术家 作家 诗人 表演者
Artist, writer, poet, performer,
大明星
enormous celebrity.
他何以走到今天?
How does that happen?
史莱总是走自己的路
Sly is a guy who always will go down his own path.
如果这条路不存在 他就自己开辟
And if that path doesn’t exist, he’ll run the road himself.
他是个自我创造者
He was a self-creator.
从表面上看 他似乎不是一个好演员
Ostensibly, he didn’t appear to be a great actor.
他没有明显的魅力
He didn’t have obvious charisma.
但他创造出别样的特质
But he invented something else.
他是一个自编自导的演员
An actor who writes and directs himself.
他不是第一个这么做的人 但他是第一个这么做的巨星
He’s not the first person to do it, but he was the first superstar to do it.
他很清楚别人想看他做什么
He really understood what people wanted to see him do.
我对史泰龙的故事很着迷
I was invested in the Stallone story
感觉那就像是我自己的故事
as if it were my story.
那是我的事业白日梦
It was my daydream of… of what could happen in a career.
没有人能同时打造三大系列电影
There is no one that has stepped into three franchises.
这背后的天才
The genius behind that.
绝非偶然
This was not an accident.
能给我看看 你打包时发现的那些磁带吗?
Can you show me some of those cassettes that you found while packing up?
好啊 我找到一些
Yeah, I got some.
我们来看看
Let’s see.
这是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》
This is New York Times.
你能帮我个忙吗?
Could you do me a favor?
首先 我要引用你的新闻稿
I start off by quoting from your press release,
然后你继续讲故事 好吗?好的
and then you pick up the story where I leave off. Right? Okay.
西尔维斯特·史泰龙于1946年炎夏
“Sylvester Stallone was born in the tough Hell’s Kitchen section of New York
出生在纽约的地狱厨房♥区域
in the sweltering summer of 1946.”
老天
Holy shit.
没想到我还会回到这里
I never, ever, ever thought I would come back here.
我出生在地狱厨房♥ 我就是纽约人
I was born in Hell’s Kitchen. I was New York.
我已经65年没来过了
I haven’t been here in 65 years.
你们住在这里吗?
You guys livin’ here?
不 我住在第45大街
No, I’m 45th.
是吗? -是的
Yeah? -Yeah.
我以前住在这里 -你以前住在这里?
I used to live here. -You lived in this block here?
对 没错 -当时附近什么样?
Yeah, absolutely. -What was the neighborhood like then?
乱得很 -是吗?
It was rough. -Yeah?
那个时候是名副其实的地狱厨房♥
Well, it was really Hell’s Kitchen back then. Yeah.
我记得窗户一直是开着的
I remember, the window was always open.
你会了解到很多关于人性的东西
So you learn a lot about human nature,
你在观察生活
and you’re observing life.
你在看一部电影
You’re watching a movie.
“嘿 你什么时候过来?” “我明天来”
“Hey, when you coming over?” “I’m coming over tomorrow.”
“把你的窗户关上”
“Shut your friggin’ window.”
来来回♥回♥
It’s back and forth.
我记得我老爸 总是穿着一件意大利T恤
I remember my father, like, always wearing, like, an Italian T-shirt,
瞅着就像亚瑟·米勒戏剧里的打扮
and, like, just… it looked like something out of an Arthur Miller play.
《桥头风景》讲的就是我的生活
View from the Bridge, it was… That’s my life.
我父亲来到纽约 在那里认识了我母亲
My father came to New York. That’s where he met my mother.
他是理发师 转型做“美容”
He’s a barber transitioning into “cosmetology”
因为理发师赚得更多
’cause there was more money as a hairdresser.
我们的父亲很自卑 因为他好像没有受过教育
Our father was also very self-conscious because I don’t think he was educated.
任何的轻视或侮辱…
Any kind of slight or insult would, like…
他就会发火
He’d go off.
我们的母亲也是个暴脾气
Our mother was pretty bad too.
她擅使旧梳子和淋浴刷
She was pretty handy with the old hairbrush and the shower brush.
她的指甲很长 而且从来不会折断 她会说:“你给我过来!”
She had long nails that’d never break. She’d go, “Come here, you!”
我母亲在比利·罗斯的 钻石马蹄夜♥总♥会♥当香烟女郎
My mother was a cigarette girl at Billy Rose’s Diamond Horseshoe.
这就是她当时主要的收入来源
That’s primarily where the money was coming from.
我父亲告诉我 她很害怕生孩子
My father told me that… she just was afraid to have a kid.
怀孕九个月了 她还总是坐公交车
Even though she was nine months pregnant, she kept riding around on the bus.
结果要生了
And she’d gone into labor.
有聪明人让她下了公交车
Somebody smart enough to get her off the bus,
把她送进了慈善病房♥
they carry her into a charity ward.
我就是在那里降生的
And that’s where I was brought into the world,
经历了这场意外
via this accident,
导致我嘴这一边的神经全部瘫痪
which kind of paralyzed all the nerves on the side of my mouth.
所以 我生下来就带着这种声音
So I was born with this snarl.
她非常古怪有趣
She was quite eccentric, colorful,
坦率直言 难以预测
very, very, very outspoken and unpredictable.
我从父亲那里…
I know I’ve got a certain kind of…
继承了某种凶恶 这毫无疑问
ferocity from my father, no question.
父母的生活就像上了发条
Our mother and father, it was like clockwork.
我在床上会听到他们的叫嚷声
I’d be up in bed, and you’d just hear them screaming and yelling.
我父亲…
My father…
我被吓傻了 因为我可以感受到墙地的震颤
And I was petrified… ’cause, I mean, I could just feel the reverberation.
我觉得我父母都很关注自我
I think they both were so self-absorbed with their own stuff, my parents,
把我们甩给别人
that they just pawned us off.
我大部分时间都生活在寄宿公♥寓♥
The majority of the time I was living in a boarding house.
一年12个月基本如此
Basically 12 months a year,
没回过家 因为爸妈没时间
never went home, ’cause they just didn’t have time.
他们两个都在工作
They were both working.
人们说:“你感觉被剥夺了亲情 你没有受到过养育”
And people say, “Oh, you feel deprived and you weren’t nurtured.”
我想:“是的 没错”
I thought, “Yeah, that’s true.”
也许养育来自
And maybe the nurturing comes from
陌生人的尊重与爱
the respect and love of strangers.
感受观众的接受和爱
To feel embraced and loved by an audience,
令人无法满足
it’s insatiable.
我希望我能看淡 但却做不到
I wish I could get over it, but… you can’t.
我觉得电影对我和他而言 完全是为了逃避现实
I think movies for me and him were total, absolutely escapism.
我长时间泡在电影院里 根本不在乎演的是什么
I would spend untold hours in theaters, and I don’t care what it was,
我就坐在那里 一部片子看五六遍
I’d sit there and watch this thing five, six times
然后下午四点回家
and then go home at four in the afternoon.
那就是我想过的生活 那就是理想
That’s the life I wanted to lead. That’s the ideals. Grandeur.
辛勤努力干大事 战胜邪恶
That’s hard work, and triumphs over evil.