No, we barely had enough to scrape by on, l reckon.
他们都还在吗 你的家人
Your folks still around?
我妈妈已经死了
My mother’s dead.
我的爸爸也许还活着 可是他根本不想管我
My daddy’s still around but he don’t want to have nothing to do with me.
-你怎么知道 -因为他从来都不管我
-How do you know? -He never did want to.
我想 他也许并没有什么改变
l figure he probably ain’t changed his mind much.
你妈妈是怎么死的
How’d your mama die?
你没有必要听这种事
You don’t need to hear things like that.
你只是个孩子
You just a boy.
你还是应该想些好的事情 因为你还是个小孩
You need to think good thoughts while you still a boy.
你还有很多时间用来考虑别的事情
There’s lots of time for all the other.
自从爸爸死了 我就常想些坏的事情
l had bad thoughts since Daddy died.
有时候我真希望我还是个小不点 他还在我身边
Sometimes l wish l was still little and he was still here.
我妈妈很好 可我还想有个父亲
Mama’s real good, but l wish l had both of them.
有一次我们开车出门
We went to Memphis in the car once.
雨下得特别大 我们根本看不清路
lt was raining so hard we couldn’t see the road…
但是我一点都不害怕 因为我想 只要是爸爸开车
but l wasn’t scared because as long as Daddy was driving…
就一切都不会有事的
nothing could happen to us.
现在我也这么想妈妈的
That’s the way l feel about Mama now.
妈妈现在有了个男朋友
Mama has a boyfriend now.
他叫多利哈格伍斯
His name is Doyle Hargraves.
他是搞建筑的 所以收入很不错
He works construction so he makes a pretty good living…
不过他从来不肯掏些钱来帮助我们
but he don’t help Mama out with any money.
他不是好人 他对妈妈很小器 也不怎么喜欢我
He ain’t no good. He’s mean to her. He don’t like me at all.
妈妈说那是他妒嫉 因为我属于爸爸而不属于他
Mama says he’s jealous because l belong to my daddy.
他有时候在我们家过夜 他自己还有房♥子
He spends the night at our house and he’s got his own house.
有人告诉我 那里住了他好几个女朋友
Somebody told me this way he can have more girlfriends.
我还是喜欢他晚上不在我们家
l like the nights he’s not there.
那样我不会感觉太紧张
l ain’t so nervous then.
如果他对你妈妈不好
How come she’s still being girlfriends
那她为什么还要做他的女朋友
with him if he’s mean to her?
她说就因为有时候他对她好
She says it’s for the times he’s good to her.
爸爸死了以后 她觉得很孤独
She’s lonely since Daddy died.
有时候她说 她也不知道是为什么
Sometimes she don’t know why.
他威胁妈妈说 离开他就杀了她
He threatened to kill her if she left him.
如果有人对我妈妈这么不好
My daddy would kill him
爸爸还活着的话 一定会杀了他的
if he was here and somebody was mean to Mama.
沃恩他对妈妈真的很好
Vaughan’s real good to Mama.
沃恩你见过的
Vaughan that you met?
可他不会对多利怎么样的 你知道他很有趣
But he’s not able to do anything to Doyle. He’s funny.
不是那种夸张的 是有点怪的
Not “funny,” ha-ha. “Funny,” queer.
他更喜欢和男人在一起而不是女人
He likes to go with men.
所以他不会打架 但他还是很好的
That makes him not able to fight good, but he sure is nice.
他是从路易斯安纳州来的 那儿的人都怪怪的
He’s from St. Louis. Queer people get along better in a big town.
我希望他喜欢女人
l wish he like to go with women.
希望妈妈的男朋友是他而不是多利
l’d rather him be Mama’s boyfriend than Doyle.
卡尔 你还记得我告诉你 我爸爸是被火车撞死的吗
Karl, remember l told you Daddy got hit by a train?
是的 先生 我想起来了
Yes, sir, l recollect that.
那不是真的 事实上他是用枪把自己打死了
lt ain’t the truth. He shot himself with a shotgun on purpose.
那他为什么要这么做呢
How come him do that?
因为他没有钱
Because he didn’t have enough money
不能像他想的那样来照顾我和妈妈
to take care of us like he wanted to.
遗书上是这么写的
That’s what the letter said.
他被解雇了 而又找不到工作
He got laid off of work and did odd jobs.
可我觉得他对我们照顾得不错
l thought he took care of us just fine.
卡尔 你真的杀过人吗
Karl, did you really kill somebody?
是的 我杀过
Yes, sir, l did.
-你杀了谁 -两个人
-Who’d you kill? -Two people.
-他们都是坏人吗 -我觉得他们是
-Were they bad people? -l thought they was.
也许他们活该
Maybe they needed it.
可是我长大后学到的
l growed up and learned that
一个人不应该杀别人
you ain’t supposed to kill nobody.
可如果为了保护自己 是可以的 那叫作自卫
lt’s okay if you’re protecting yourself, if it’s self-defense.
你是为了自卫吗
Was it self-defense?
我爸爸是个好人
My daddy was good.
我觉得有太多的好人都死了
l think too many good people die.
我一直在想这个问题
That’s what l think.
卡尔 你真的想和他们住一起吗
You sure you wanna stay with these folks?
我们还是很欢迎你住在这儿 你工作起来很方便
You’re welcome to stay here. lt’s working out good.
那个男孩想让我去
That boy wants me to.
那好吧 我们明早再见
All right, then. l’ll see you bright and early.
那些锄地的工具修得怎么样
How’s that garden tiller coming?
我修好了 它们现在一点问题都没有
l fixed it. lt’s working pretty good now.
你已经修好了 真该死
You done fixed it? l’ll be damned.
史考特跟我说根本没法修
Scooter told me it couldn’t be fixed.
史考特是个没有责任心的大混♥蛋♥
Of course, Scooter’s about as shiftless as one poor son-of-a-bitch can be.
你居然修好了 我真是该死
You done fixed it. Well, l’ll just be damned.
-好吧 明天见 -那好吧
-l’ll see you tomorrow. -All right, then.
好吧 我也不想跟你废话了 我可不想在这儿待下去
l don’t guess l’ll give a shit, then. l ain’t here that much.
如果你让一个傻子住在车♥库♥里 那是你的事
lf you want a retard living in your garage, that’s your business.
我还有一些工具留在那儿 我可不想它们被偷了
l do got some tools l’d rather not have stoled.
我要带它们回家
l could take those home with me.
可他真的很老实 他不会偷东西的
He’s real honest. He wouldn’t steal nothing.
弗兰克 我现在不是在跟你说话
Frankie, l wasn’t talking to you, was l?
-知道 先生 -这样就对了
-No, sir. -“No, sir” is right.
我在跟你妈妈说话 这是她的决定 不是你的
l was talking to your mama. lt’s her decision, not yours.
如果我答应了 也是因为你妈妈
lf l let it go on, it’s because she asked me, not you.
这傻子是不是那种爱流口水 头发上粘着口香糖的
Does this retard drool and rub shit in his hair and all that?
要是那样的话 让我倒胃口
l’m going to have a hard time eating around that kind of thing.
这个家伙是不是看上去像一个怪物
Just like with antique furniture and midgets.
你要知道有这样一个怪物站在旁边
l can’t so much as drink a glass of water
我他妈的连水都喝不进去
around a midget or an antique.
多利你不能这样说话 你说话太过分了
Doyle, you’re awful. You shouldn’t be that way.
我没说什么不对的
l ain’t saying it’s right.
我只是告诉你这个该死的事实 它让我觉得恶心
lt’s just the truth. He’ll make me sick.
-他以前为什么在医院里
-What was he in the nut house for?
-我想他只是智力方面有点问题而已
-He’s just retarded, l guess.
不 他必须给我滚 随便去哪儿
No, he had of gone nuts and did something.
哪有单是智力问题 就被关在那样的病房♥里
A lot of retards running around that ain’t locked up in the nut house.
好好想想吧 琳达
Think about it, Linda.
你知道他干过什么吗
You know what he done, Frank?
-我不太清楚 -好吧 也许你会发现
-l ain’t sure. -You ought a want to find out.
他曾经用斧子 把家里人砍成肉酱什么的
He might have hacked his family to pieces with a hatchet or something.
弗兰克 你最好问清楚
Frank, you’d better ask him.
注意别伤害他的感受 不过最好了解具体一点
Don’t hurt his feelings, but it would be good to know.
我估计没什么事 他看上去挺善良的
l’m sure it’s nothing. He seems sweet.
你这笨蛋看谁都觉得很善良
You’re all hung up on people being sweet.
他很善良 每个人都很善良
He’s sweet. Everybody’s sweet.
说到善良 你的那位女朋友呢
Speaking of sweet, where’s your girlfriend?
-我记得你说过他要来 -他过一会儿就来
-l thought he was coming over. -He’ll be here in a while.
-他说给我送一盒冰淇淋过来 -这也算善良吗
-We’re going for ice cream. -Now ain’t that sweet.
想着你和一个同性恋跑来跑去 叫我怎么喝得下酒
What do l do about supper while you’re running around with that fag?
这跟你有什么关系 你喝你的呗
You’re not crippled. Go make something.
我说什么 你都要顶撞我
Talking back and everything, aren’t you?
不过这让我更兴奋了
That makes me horny.
弗兰克 回你自己的房♥间玩去
Frank, go and play in your room,
好让多利在这里污言秽语
if Doyle’s going to talk nasty.
-我不想回到自己的房♥间玩 -他不想回就让他坐在这
-l don’t want to go play. -He don’t want to. Let him stay.
我们像一家人一样 等你的傻瓜朋友
Let’s be a family till your mentally retarded
还有你的同性恋朋友到这
and homosexual friends arrive.
什么事 先生
Yes, sir?
你真的想要留在这里吗
You’re really going to stay here.
那个男孩想让我留下
That boy wants me to.
你要进去敲门了吗
Have you knocked yet?
-没有 我没敲 -你站在这里多久了
-No, sir, l ain’t. -How long have you been here?
我想有好一阵了
Quite a spell, l reckon.
在你习惯待在这里之前
Before you get used to staying here,
我想你和我应该讨论一些事情
we need to talk about a few things.
我带你去吃午饭好吗
Can l take you to lunch?
我刚才已经吃过了
l done ate a little bit ago.
我是说明天或者别的什么时候

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!