The truth is to say We are full all the day.
夜晚掏空睡大觉
And empty when we go to rest
我知道 我听过这个 等等
I know that. I know that. Hold on. Just a minute.
白天是满的 晚上睡觉 我知道了 是一双鞋子
Full all the day, empty when we go… I know! It’s a pair of shoes!
确切地说 女士左脚的黑鞋 六码的
In this case, one lady’s left black shoe, size 6.
还有一支 我得说是在泰娅的脚上
The other, I need hardly add, is on Tea’s foot.
上帝 可怜的泰娅
God! Poor Tea.
可怜的泰娅
Poor Tea, eh?
很好
That’s better.
你知道这是你听到她的死讯之后
Do you know that’s the first sign of sorrow you’ve shown
头一回展现你的悲伤吗?
since you heard of her death?
你不会放在这里的
You wouldn’t put it here, anyway.
也不会放在楼上玛格丽特的鞋柜里
Or even upstairs among Marguerite’s shoes.
太过明显了 – 多么动人的哀悼啊
Too obvious. – Such grief is touching.
你真是一个正派之人 知道吗 安德鲁
You really are the salt of the earth, you know that, Andrew?
对了 这也是一个线索 不知你感不感兴趣
By the way, that’s a clue, if you’re interested.
地里的盐
Salt of the earth? Earth?
埋了盐吗…不 你埋了别的
It’s buried… No, you buried the other.
盐 盐 盐和胡椒粉 硝石
Salt, salt… Salt and pepper. Saltpeter…
盐水 盐 地下室!
Salt water… Salt… Cellar!
在地下室
It’s in the cellar!
你真的来了兴致 是不是 安德鲁
You’re really turned on, aren’t you, Andrew?
即使你玩的这场游戏赌的是你的身家性命
Even though the game you’re playing is for your own life.
你都已经不在乎了
You’re practically having it off.
鞋子 鞋子
Shoe, shoe!
我自己问自己
I ask myself,
如果我是一支黑鞋 我会躲在哪里
“If I was a black shoe, where would I hide?
如果我有帽子那么黑
“If I was as black as your hat.
如果我有黑桃牌那么黑
“If I was as black as the ace of spades.
如果我漆黑如… – 煤
“If I was as black as…” – Coal!
肮脏的王八蛋
Dirty bastard!
你这该死的杂种
You dirty son of a bitch!
你会很暖和
You’re getting warmer,
而且变黑
and blacker.
对你肯定是一种全新的体验
Must be quite a new experience for you.
我想黑色(肤色)在你的著作中
I don’t suppose blacks play much of a part
似乎占的比例不多 是不是?
in the books you write, do they?
除了那些爱翻白眼的黑人
Except for the odd, eyeball rolling darkie
还有那些黑皮肤的犹太人
to take his place alongside the swarthy yid,
皮肤油光锃亮的黎凡特人等等
the oily Levantine and others of their kind.
噢 对不起 很脏了
Oh, I’m sorry it’s so messy.
只是灰土而已
It’s only earth.
来自你花♥园♥里泰娅的第一个坟墓
From Tea’s first grave in your garden.
还行 我想应该还有时间
Not so bad. We’re up of the clock, I think.
差不多 – 下一个是什么
Barely. – Well, what’s next?
你为什么觉得这么好笑
What do you find so damned amusing?
你到底在笑什么
What the hell are you laughing at?
你确定你没事吗 – 是的 我很好 杰克
Are you sure you’re all right? – Yes, I’m all right.
杰克 – 杰克?
Jack. – Jack?
我这猪脑袋
Simple minded twit!
你一直在给我提示线索
You’ve been handing me the clue all along.
是快活的杰克托 在海员身上
It’s Jolly Jack Tar. It’s on the sailor.
没错
True!
地点是对了
That’s where it is.
但这次我不会告诉你是什么物件
But this time, I am not going to tell you what it is.
算了
All right.
他似乎对你很失望
He looked disappointed in you.
不过目前的状况也并不好笑
But then, it’s no laughing matter.
还是说其实很好笑呢?
Or is it?
再按一遍
Do that again.
上帝啊 他以前从来没有向我眨过眼的
My God, he’s never winked at me before.
我猜另一只眼睫毛 肯定还在可怜的泰娅眼睛上
I suppose the other lash is on one of poor Tea’s eyes.
她用不上这个了
She won’t miss it.
她双眼闭上了
They’re both closed.
还有多久
How much more time?
还有五分钟 我得说很紧迫
You’ve got about five minutes. Hardly enough, I’d say.
还有一件东西 凶器
There’s one more thing left, I think, the murder weapon.
你是用什么扼死她的
You strangled her over there, with what?
绳子? 腰带? 围巾? – 深深地陷进了她的脖子 安德鲁
A rope, belt, scarf… – It bit into her neck very deeply, Andrew.
我花了很久才解开
I had to pry it loose.
你会遭报应的 你这没人性的该死的意大利佬!
You’ll pay for that, I promise, you sadistic bloody wop!
我没听错吧
I hope I didn’t hear that correctly.
你肯定还需要帮助
You’re certain to need more help.
很不幸我得给你一个 很难的意大利线索
I’d hate to have to start giving you difficult Italian clues,
充满了诡计和双关语义 – 好吧 好吧
full of treachery and double meaning. – All right. All right.
这是意大利人常说的俚语
As several wops have remarked from time to time…
这就是线索吗
Was that a clue?
把这该死的话再说一遍
Say the damn thing again.
不 再来一次 拜托
No. Once more, please.
现在几点了 不
What’s the time. No…
不
No.
黄金 是黄金
Gold, gold!
所有的金子
All gold!
金色火花?
Gold scintillates?
亮闪闪
Glitters.
亮闪闪的东西不一定都是金子
All that glisters is not gold.
英国只有一个
There will always be an England.
你用一个金色闪闪的东西勒死了她
You strangled her with something golden and scintillating.
那是什么 音乐的提示 金色的丝带
What’s that? A musical clue. Right. Now, golden notes,
金尺子 金…琴弦
golden scales, golden… It’s a chord!
你用金色的绳子把她扼死的 就跟别的人一样
You strangled her with a golden cord, and like everybody does,
你肯定是把他藏在窗帘后面了
you hid it behind the bell pull!
噢 该死 没有
No, damn it, you didn’t.
古老的岁月里一切都在流逝
Anything goes in olden days!
过去的日子 看到长袜
In olden days a glimpse of stocking.
人们会感到震惊
Was looked on as something shock…
长袜 你把长袜藏在哪里
Stocking! Where do you put stockings?
在腿上 腿 金色的腿
On legs. Legs! The golden legs.
这该死的房♥子里没有金色的腿
Not a golden leg in the blasted house.
是不是在这间房♥里?
Is it in this room?
不知道
Non capisco
混♥蛋♥
Bastard!
过去的日子里
In olden days a glimpse of stocking.
人们一看到长袜就会震惊
Was looked at as something shocking.
但现在上帝知道 一切都过去了
Now heaven knows, anything goes.
现在这世界太疯狂了…
The world has gone mad today And good…
你很容易交朋友
我想我听到了什么
I think I can hear something.
安德鲁
Andrew!
安德鲁
Andrew!
干嘛
What?
他们来了 警♥察♥来了
They’re here. The police are here.
看来是没用了
It looks like you’ve had it.
他们下车了 – 别让他们进来
They’re coming up the drive. – Keep them out!
别让警♥察♥进来?
Keep the police out?
这可没有用 老兄
It’s just not done, old boy.
但我尽量吧
But still, I’ll try.
再给我一分钟
Just one more minute.
无论怎样要把他们拦住 求你了
Stall them somehow. Please!
记住
Remember,
在过去的日子
in olden days
一看到长袜
a glimpse of stocking.
廷德先生?
Mr Tindle?
过去的日子 – 我没想到会在这里遇见你 先生
Olden days… – I wasn’t expecting to find you here, sir.
一瞥… – 晚上好 塔兰特长官
Glimpse… – Good evening, Sergeant Tarrant.
过去的日子
Olden days…
在紧身衣之前是什么
Before tights, what?
尼龙 尼龙之前呢
Nylon. Before nylon, what?
丝绸
Silk.
还有什么 还有什么
Well, what else. What…
钟
Clock.