When I was here yesterday, planting the blood and clothes for old Doppler,
泰娅过来找你了
Tea showed up looking for you,
所以我深情地抱住了她
so I pitched her a little woo,
用你的语言来说的话 然后我们随着你的那些老曲子
as you would’ve said in your day, and we danced cheek-to-cheek
跳起了帖面舞
to those cornball big band oldies of yours.
除了你还有谁留着那些曲子
I mean, who but you would have them?
不论怎样 还真起作用了
Anyway, it worked.
她有点痒痒的 我就得帮她抓 是不是?
She got itchy, and I had to scratch, didn’t I?
后来她开始犯困了
And afterwards, she got sleepy.
这时我就下手了 老家伙 我扭断了她的脖子
And that’s when I did it, old boy. I wrung her neck.
那堆新土之前埋的就是她的尸体
She was under that freshly dug mound of earth
多普勒对那堆土很感兴趣来着 – 之前? 她现在不在那里吗?
that old Doppler took such a fancy to. – Was? You mean, she’s not now?
不 我把她移走了
No, I moved her.
移到哪里去了 洪水淹过的沙滩?
Where to? The flooded gravel pit?
傅满洲废弃的胶水厂? – 在哪里不重要
Fu Manchu’s abandoned glue factory? – It doesn’t matter where to.
如果警♥察♥现在还没有找到的话 他们到时就会找到的
The police will find her in due course, if they haven’t found her already.
警♥察♥?
The police?
是的 一个小时之前我给他们打了电♥话♥
Yes, I phoned them about an hour ago
并且要他们在10点钟到这来见我
and asked them to meet me here at 10:00.
15分钟之内他们就会赶到
They should arrive in about 15 minutes.
我相信他们会的
I’m sure they will, too.
毫无疑问来的是勇敢务实 聪明伶俐的巡官多普勒
Led, no doubt, by intrepid, downy Inspector Doppler.
不 来的会是真正的警♥察♥
Nope. It’ll be a real cop, all right.
他的名字是塔兰特侦探长 如果不信的话可以查一查
Detective Sergeant Tarrant, is his name. Check it, if you like.
我跟他讲了很多关于你的事 安德鲁
I told him a lot about you, Andrew.
我说 你是一个极度迷恋游戏的人
I said I knew you to be a man obsessed with games playing
将谋杀视为一种艺术
and murder considered as a fine art.
你的人生终极目标 我说 这也是你自己常说的
Your life’s great ambition, I said, of which you had often spoken,
是去做一桩真正的杀人藏尸案
was to commit an actual, real-life murder,
然后把你在这房♥子里的犯罪线索
hide the body, then leave clues linking you with the crime
分散开来
scattered about the house.
迷惑那些头脑简单的警♥察♥
Convinced that the poor, simple-minded police
把他们玩弄于股掌之间
would never recognise them for what they were.
相信我 先生 安德鲁如果没有干一场 真正的谋杀是不会罢休的
“Please, sir, Andrew Wyke can’t rest until he’s committed a real murder,
他还要愚弄所有的警♥察♥
“which is gonna make fools out of all you coppers.”
老实说
Honestly.
把这番话说给一个普通的警长听
Tell that to the average desk sergeant,
你会发现你会引起一阵哄笑
and you’ll find yourself strapped straight into the giggle jacket.
事实上并不是的
Not so, in fact.
我跟他们说如果不相信我的话 就去看看你写的书
I told them that if they didn’t believe me, one look at your books
还有你家的装潢 就可以证明我所说的
and the furnishings of your house would confirm what I said
“对游戏的迷恋”
about your obsessions.
继续
Go on.
我还告诉他们 两天以前
I also told them that two days ago
你的女朋友很悲伤的到我那里去了
your girlfriend came to my house in great distress,
说你怀疑她和其他的男人有关系
saying that you suspected her of having affairs with other men,
并威胁说要杀了她
and threatened to kill her.
我敢说他们相信你说的每一句话
I bet they believed every word of that.
到后来 是的 他们相信了
In the end, yes, they did.
我亲爱的小伙子
My dear boy.
不管你承不承认 我都得很高兴的说
I do appreciate that in spite of your denials
你已经被游戏精神所俘获了
you’ve been captivated by the spirit of games playing,
还有为了赢而不择手段的需求
and the need, as you see it, to win at any cost,
但老实说 你玩的太过火
but frankly, you are trying too hard
太操之过急了
to be a big boy, too soon.
喂
Hello.
喂 乔伊斯 我是安德鲁
Hello, Joyce? It’s Andrew.
我找泰娅
Can… Can I speak to Tea?
她…怎么了
She… What?
被勒死了?
Been strangled?
在哪里
Where was this?
什么时候的事
When was it?
是在哪里发现的
Where was she found?
什么
What?
乔伊斯
Joyce.
我不明白 你….
I can’t understand what you…
你要冷静一点….
Look, do try to control your…
什么
What?
警♥察♥…
The police…
问了…
Asking…
噢 上帝
Oh, my.
你应该相信我
You should’ve believed me.
现在 我们要开始玩游戏了
Now, we’re gonna play the game.
再过13分钟左右 警♥察♥就会来了
In a little over 13 minutes the law will arrive.
那时就得由你的这个聪明脑袋
It’s going to be your giant brain
去和他们的榆木脑袋做抗衡了
against their plodding ones.
这个屋子里隐藏着
Concealed about this room
可以证明你是泰娅谋杀犯的四个线索
are four clues incriminating you as Tea’s murderer.
还包括 警方给你定罪的最有力的证据
Including, as a final expression of your contempt for the police,
作案的工具
the murder weapon itself.
现在 准备好了吗
Now, are you ready?
你怎么能把一场真正的谋杀当游戏
You can’t make a game out of real murder.
我们等着瞧
We’ll see.
记住
Now, remember,
四个证据
four objects.
你要是找不到 警♥察♥肯定会找到的
Those that you don’t find, be sure the police will.
全部一目了然
And they’re all in plain view.
第一个就是…
And the first object is
一个水晶手镯
a crystal bracelet.
不会是… – 没错
The… What? – Yes.
我从她的手腕上取下来的 上面有刻着… – 够了 够了
I tore it off her wrist. It’s inscribed… – All right. All right!
我知道上面刻了什么
I know how it’s inscribed.
需不需要我给点提示? – 是的 该死的
Would you like some help? – Yes. Damn you!
太快了吧
So soon?
我的纸条在哪呢
Now, where’s my list?
我的老天爷啊 – 在这儿呢
Oh, God. – Here it is.
“凡夫俗子半只眼”
“For any man with half an eye
“贴面事物犹可见”
“what stands before him he may spy
“但需明眸和善睐 潜形匿迹方可辩”
“but optics sharp it needs and keen to see what is not to be seen.”
说好的一目了然呢?
You said everything was in plain view!
我就是这么个卑鄙无♥耻♥之人 怎么样
Well, aren’t I the shifty old sly boots, then?
根本不给我一点机会啊 你这个王八蛋
You’re not giving me anything of a chance, you bastard!
现在 想想 仔细想想
Now, think, think, think.
近在眼前 但却很难被发现 一个视觉花招
It’s in plain view, yet not to be seen. An optical trick’s involved.
一个视觉…用来看
An optical… A key to see what is not to be seen
肉眼看不见的东西 是放大镜
by the naked eye. It’s microscopic.
只有冰山一角暴露在外 就是这样
Only a fragment of it is showing. That’s it.
你办案的老工具 巡官
The traditional tool of your trade, Inspector?
为什么不问问你自己
Why don’t you ask yourself
你的麦瑞迪会怎么开始这场搜索
how your man Merrydick, would go about the search?
是麦瑞德 约翰·麦瑞德!
Merridew! St John Lord Merridew!
冷静 保持冷静
Calm. Keep calm.
现在 好好想想 哪些东西是水晶做成的
Think. What are the properties of crystal?
坚硬的
Hard,
发光的
brilliant,
透明的
transparent.
即便出现在视野之内 也很难发现 这是个障眼法
You look through it, but you don’t see it. That’s the trick.
现在 唯一可以隐藏透明物的地方
Now, the only place to conceal a transparent thing,
让人难以发现 哪怕近在眼前
so as to make it invisible, and yet leave it in plain view
一定是在另一种透明物里 比如说
is on or in another transparent thing like…
比如
Like!
和水晶一样透明
Clear as crystal.
当然我没有必要把这个毁掉 是不是?
But I don’t need to destroy this, do I?
她随便哪天都可能把它遗落在这儿 – 是的
She could’ve left it here anytime. – True.
继续 下一个是什么
Go on. What next?
下一个就是一个更加有力的证据了
The next object is much more incriminating.
有一个小小的谜语 我相信
Here’s a little riddle, which I’m sure
你的保姆小时候肯定跟你说过
one of your nannies must have taught you.
兄弟感情好 重担身上挑
Two brothers we are Great burdens we bear.
忍♥辱负重苦如药
On which we are bitterly pressed.
事实说到底 白天满又溢