-Good night. -Good night.
博先生 你的电♥话♥
Mr Burney? You have a call.
我说过不接电♥话♥的
-l told you to hold my calls.
对 但她说认识你太太
-l know. But she says she knew your wife.
接过来
Put her through.
博先生
-Hello,Mr Burney.-Hello?
我叫薛凡妮
My name is Vanessa Shelley.
希望没打扰你
-Yes? -l hope l’m not disturbing you.
我刚听到萝拉的事
l just heard about Laura,and l wanted to call
真遗憾
and tell you how much we’ll miss her.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你怎么会认识她的
-How did you know her?
在女青年会
-From the YWCA.
你弄错了 我太太没去过那儿
No, you must be speaking of someone else. My wife never went to the YWCA.
我们每周一起上游泳课三次
No. No,we took swimming there Monday,Wednesday and Friday at 8am.
你一定弄错了
Look, there’s obviously some mistake.
我太太是淹死的 她不会游泳
My wife drowned. She couldn’t swim.
原先不会 后来她游得很棒
Well,at first she couldn’t.But she became a good swimmer.
你一定弄错人了
-l’m sure you have the wrong woman. -This is odd.
真奇怪 你太太主修体操吧
Mr Burney,your wife studied gymnastics,didn’t she?
不 她从不练体操的
-No, my wife never studied gymnastics. -That’s strange.
怪了 她说身上瘀青是摔伤的
She told us that’s how she got all those terrible bruises.
我不明白…
Mr Burney,l don’t understand it.
抱歉打扰了你 真是…
l’m sorry if l’ve bothered you. This is just so confu…
消防队
Fire department.
希望你喜欢全熟的肉
l hope you like your roast well done.
请进
Come on in.
苹果
-ls that apple?
还会是别的吗
-What else?
要防毒面具吗
Can l get you something? Eye drops? Gas mask?
不了 谢谢
-No, thanks.
音乐
-How about some more music?
我喜欢那音乐
-l liked what you had on.
我是指古典音乐
-No, l mean classical. For during dinner.
古典乐很好 但别放白辽士的
Sure, l like classical. Anything but Berlioz.
为啥…
Oh?
听幻想曲令我毛骨悚然
Yeah. His Symphonie Fantastique gives me the chills.
真的 多谢你的提示
Oh, really? Thanks for the tip.
我晓得你需要份工作
So l understand you’re lookin’ for ajob.
你怎知道
-Where’d you hear that? -Well…
这城镇每人都知道别人的事
Small towns are funny places. Everybody knows everybody.
学校里我人头熟
And l know a lot of people over at the college.
可代为推荐
l could drop in a good word for you if you like.
你为何愿意如此做
Why would you do that?
天啊 真是疑心重
God! Such paranoia.
你从纽约来的
Where are you from? New York?
那一点也没问题
Listen, it’s no problem.
只要你有推荐函
With a few letters of recommendation…
我没有
l don’t have letters of recommendation.
学历证明
Transcripts?
你总有驾照吧
Come on! You got a driver’s license, right?
我不想谈这件事
Look, l really don’t wanna talk about this, OK?
我懂了
-Gotcha.
我没要你帮忙
-l’m not asking for anything, Ben.
我也是
Neither am l.
天啊
Jesus! That’s a real…
你没事吧
You OK?
我会的
Yeah, l’m gonna be.
我只要再问你一件事
Listen. There’s only one more thing l’m gonna ask, only one thing l wanna know.
你有名字吗
Do you have a name?
华莎拉
Sara Waters.
这也算是个开始
Well… That’s a start.
她曾提起你们非常照顾病人
She spoke so highly of you, the quality of care.
萝拉的母亲在此非常快乐
Laura’s mother was so happy here.
真高兴听见这话 我们也爱她
Well, it’s always nice to hear that. We enjoyed having her with us.
萝拉的死非常突然 令人震惊
Laura’s passing was so sudden, so shocking.
我曾试着连络她的亲友
l tried to talk to as many of her family and friends as l could find.
或许她有些亲友我都没见过
Then l thought maybe there were people close to her that l never knew.
或许他们曾来此探视过她母亲
Perhaps they visited her mother here.
你该记得 或许你可能有记录
You might remember or have records.
不 我们不登记访客姓名
Well, l’m afraid we don’t keep records on visitors.
你来此只是为了…
-And you flew here, just…? -Well, no.
萝拉也许想跟她母亲
l thought Laura might want to be laid to rest here in whatever
葬在附近
place her mother was buried.
她母亲也去世了
So her mother’s passed on as well?
她母亲是六个月前死在此地的
Six months ago her mother died here, in your care.
几个月前尊夫人把她母亲带走
Six months ago your wife removed her mother from this institution.
她半身不隧 但健康尚良好
She was handicapped, as you know, but otherwise in reasonably good health.
你太太付了帐便把她带走了
Mrs Burney simply showed up, paid the bill, and collected her mother.
她可曾提起要把她送到那里
Did she say where she was taking her?
当然是回家啦
Why, home, of course.
跟你住在一起
To live with you.

-Hi. -Hi.
你在这里干什么
-What are you doin’ here?
等你
-Waitin’ for ya.
他们让你做什么事
How’s it goin’? What have they got you doin’?
整理 归档 处理逾期书籍
Stacking. Filing. Overdue books.
你喜欢吗
-Are you enjoying it? -l like it.
是的 多谢你帮我找这工作
Thanks for helping me work this out.
昨天在城里看到你进杂货店
l saw you in town yesterday. You were going into Walgreens. -Oh, yeah? -Yeah.
我叫你名字 但你没反应
l called out your name. You didn’t even blink.
我没听见
-Maybe l didn’t hear you.
你的名字不是华莎拉 对吧
-Your name isn’t Sara Waters, is it?
也许我没听见
-Maybe l didn’t hear you.
你听见了
-No, you heard me.
真疯狂 我根本不了解你
Look, l know this is crazy. l hardly know you really, but…
但我喜欢你
l like you.
真的
l do. l just…
但我却连你的真名都不知道
l don’t know how to feel what l’m feeling when l don’t even know your name.
我们永远无法真正了解彼此
People never really know each other, Ben.
不必这样的
lt doesn’t have to be that way.
给我个机会了解你
Give it a chance.
我没办法 抱歉
-l can’t. l’m sorry.
你为何害怕
-What are you afraid of?
怎么回事
-What is it with men? -Don’t do that.
别那样 我非知道不可
Look, l gotta know.
我们不能坦诚就停止交往
We’re either honest with each other or it doesn’t happen. ltjust stops right here.
我们根本就没开始交往过
lt never started.
“希尔格夫疗养院”
Hillgrove Nursing Home.
请接威柯乐
-May l speak to Chloe Williams, please?
请问谁找
-Who’s calling,please?
她的朋友
-A friend of the family.
我帮你接
-Just a minute. l’ll put you through.
喂 大声点 我听不见
Hello? Speak up,please. l can’t hear you.

-Hello?
我想念您 妈
-l miss you, Mom.
喂 我听不见 有人吗
Hello? l can’t hear. ls anyone there?
我爱你
-l love you.
我很好
-Hello?And l’m OK.
电♥话♥没人说话
Oh,Jane,there’s nobody on the line.
我有好多事要告诉你
-Oh, l have so much to tell you.
他们有说是谁打来的吗
-Did they say who was calling?
回头见
See you soon.
她最后一次被看到是在何处
-And where was she last seen?
明尼亚坡利市的疗养院
-ln a nursing home here in Minneapolis.
你去查过
-So you tried there?
六个月前她又被带走了
-Six months ago she was removed.Taken elsewhere.
以她的情况 走不远的
But in her condition, not very far.
我看最远两天的车程
l’d suggest two days’ drive at most.
我可派三个人查 但得花大钱
l can put three men on it. But it’ll cost.
好 我要你尽力追查

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!