那都是一堆可怕的价值
It’s all a whole bunch of, like, horrible values.
-还要啤酒吗 -是的 当然
-More beer? -Yeah, of course.
记得吗 就像周六早晨的卡♥通♥
Remember, like Saturday morning cartoons?
都是扔向你的一堆价值和垃圾
It’s all a whole bunch of values and junk they’re throwing at you.
就像史酷比狗
Like take Scooby Doo, you know.
史酷比 他就像看着你 就像…
Scooby Doo, he, like, looks at you. It’s like…
就像是沙吉和史酷比 他们说…
Like there’s Shaggy and there’s Scooby Doo, and they say…
去揍那个混♥蛋♥一顿
“Hey, why don’t you beat the shit out of this bad guy?
给你一盒史酷比饼干
And, like, we’ll give you a Scooby Snack. ”
他说”噢”
And he’ll go, “Oh, duh. ”
他们说”好吧 两盒史酷比饼干”
And they’ll say, “Well, two Scooby Snacks. ”
-是的 行贿 -是的 没错
-Yeah, bribery. -Yeah, exactly.
他们就是这样教孩子们的
That’s what they’re teaching kids.
都是行贿
It’s like it’s all bribery, you know.
他们教孩子行贿
And they’re teaching kids fuckin’ bribery.
然后你到另外一个领域
And then you got the whole other end of the realm
那里有蓝精灵…
where there’s like the Smurfs…
蓝精灵们聚成小群体…
and then they’ve got their little colony group together…
每个人都聚集在这个群体里…
where everybody hangs, you know, in their one little group…
他们在一起 一切都很好
and everybody’s right together, everything flows real well.
每次他们中的一个
Any time any one of them tries to take off
想起程进行个人旅行时…
and do their own little individual trip…
邪恶先生就下山来破坏
that’s when Mr. Evil comes down off the hill and stomps on them.
蓝精灵就像是
Well, like, Smurfs, you know.
家庭体系…
It’s like a family system, like it’s all…
-蓝爸爸 -是的 群体生活安全
-Answering to Papa Smurf. -Yeah, it’s safety in numbers.
蓝精灵就是妈妈和爸爸
It’s like, like the Smurfs are like Mom and Dad.
似乎他们不想你的孩子们跑开
And it’s like they don’t want your kids running off, you know.
跟蓝精灵一样
And that’s the same thing as Smurfs.
他们不想…
They don’t want, like, some Smurf…
有的蓝精灵不想离开群体
leaving the hive colony at all, you know.
好吧 听着…
Well, listen, like…
我一个朋友有一套蓝精灵奇妙理论
a friend of mine has this real weird theory about Smurfs.
我思考过这个理论 觉得很不错
But I’ve been thinking about it, and I think it’s kind of cool.
事实上 我有点赞同这种看法
Actually, I kind of agree with it.
就像讫里什那 和蓝精灵一样 都是蓝色的
It’s like about Krishna. You know, like Smurfs are blue.
蓝精灵让孩子们
And he’s saying that Smurfs are, like,
习惯于见蓝色的人
getting kids used to seeing blue people.
因为蓝精灵变成了蓝色…
And it’s like, you know, with Smurfs being blue…
孩子们看见蓝色的人 他们跟蓝精灵有关系
kids see blue people, they, like, relate to Smurfs.
讫里什那出现的时候
And they relate to blue people
他们跟蓝色的人有关系
when Krishna comes about, you know.
我不知道 我有点赞同这种说法
And, I don’t know, I kind of agree with that.
嘿 听着 我告诉你
Hey, listen, I’ll tell you what.
这一轮我买♥♥单 给我一包烟吧 伙计
I’ll buy this round if you, uh, score me a pack of smokes, man.
好吧 但是我不知道
All right. But I don’t know.
似乎你在给我弄史酷比饼干
Sounds like you’re plugging for Scooby Snacks to me.
是的 好吧
Yeah, right.
我听说你在欧洲玩得很开心
I heard you had a really great time in Europe.
-回来高兴吗 -是的 真不可思议
-Are you glad to be back? -Yeah, it was incredible.
真高兴回来 但当时我要离开…
I’m real glad to be back though. But at the time I was leaving…
我觉得真的需要离开那座城市
I really felt the need to get out of this town.
结束自己两年的恋情
I’d just ended this two-year relationship with this guy.
现在回想起来 真的太可怕了
And now that I look back on it, it was really terrible.
男朋友在我脑中是那么遥远
And, like, a boyfriend is the furthest thing from my mind.
但是既然我回来了 一切还在继续
But now that I’m back, things are rolling for me.
还有很多事情要做
I’m getting a lot of things done.
可以坦白地说
I think I can honestly say
现在的我是最快乐的
I’m the happiest I’ve been in a long time.
-我感觉好极了 -很好 是的
-I just feel great. -That’s great, yeah.
每次分手都感觉
A lot of times I leave a relationship
自己又完整了
and I feel like a whole person again.
感觉春风得意
And I feel really elated.
似乎随时都会有这种消长
It seems then this ebb and flow thing sets in.
我开始质疑一切
And I start questioning everything, you know.
只要恋爱 我就变得主观
And as long as I’m in a relationship, I swear I cannot be objective.
似乎我们决定
It seems like after we’ve decided
我们需要彼此开心后…
that we need one another to be happy…
然后就开始变得不安全了
then I start getting insecure.
我一直都在疑惑 担心
I’m wondering, worrying all the time.
就像是拒绝隐现 无时不在
It seems like rejection looms, ever-present.
拒绝 我不再害怕它了
Rejection. That’s one thing I’m not scared of anymore.
我已经克服了拒绝的恐惧
I’ve conquered the fear of rejection.
我把它看成是交易
I guess I kind of look at it as a trade-off.
就像是你拒绝了 你就会不断被拒绝
It’s like you reject, you’re being rejected constantly.
你怎么能让它打扰你呢
So how could you let it bother you?
不 我不知道要不要买♥♥那个
No. I don’t know if I buy that.
我不知道谁能逃避拒绝的恐惧
I don’t know that anyone can escape the fear of rejection.
这是一种最初的东西 能逃避吗…
It’s a real primal thing, you know. Can it be escap…
或许人类不是一直都能开心和自♥由♥的
Perhaps human beings weren’t made to be happy and free all the time.
我们总是用各种方法束缚自己
We’re always trying to enslave ourselves one way or another.
如果不是事业
If it’s not through career,
就是关系或者孩子们
it’s through a relationship or it’s through kids.
这不是正常的人类的情形
It just doesn’t seem to be the natural human state.
我们到一个好的阶段 然后又倒♥退♥
We go through a good phase, then we regress, you know.
我是说 你快乐我真的很高兴
I mean, I’m really glad you’re happy.
准备好 你随时可能被扔到垃圾堆去
Just be prepared. You can always be thrown on the scrap heap.
-嘿 什么事 怎么样 -没什么 没事
-Hey, what’s up? How’s it going? -Not much. All right.
你们今晚要干什么
What are you guys up to tonight?
没什么 就聊两句
Not much. Just kind of talking.
出去逛逛 你记得…
Just kind of hangin’out? You remember…
我早先跟你说过的寝室乐队吗
I was telling you about my roommate’s band earlier?
他今晚要借我的吉他 所以…
Well, he had to borrow my guitar tonight, so…
他们把我加到宾客名单了
I made him put me on the guest list, and I’m on the guest list.
这样我可以带人一起去…
And I could take some other people with me…
如果有人感兴趣的话
if some other people might be interested.
-暗示 你知道吗 -你想去吗
-Hint, hint, you know? -Do y’all wanna go?
我们可以喝杯啤酒或者…
We could maybe have a beer or…
-听起来不错 -我没有强迫你
-Sounds fun to me. -I’m not forcing you or nothing.
没有枪对着你
There’s no guns involved.
你知道的 我开车
You know, I’ll drive.
我们可以去看看 然后可以去看个电影
We can go check it out. We could always go to a movie later.
-来吧 来吧 -好吧
-Do it, do it. -Okay, yeah.
-太好了 -太好了
-Great. -Cool.
就要开始了
Well, the problem is that we kind of have
现在走吧
to leave now because it’s starting.
-我们必须赶快 -你有车吗
-So we gotta like totally roll. -Do you have a car?
-有部面包车 -好吧
-Do I have a car? I have a van. -Okay.
-我们走 -走
-Let’s go. -Let’s go.
老兄 最近看见埃尔维斯了吗
So, man, have you seen Elvis lately?
最近见过埃尔维斯吗 没有
Seen Elvis lately? No.
看看 老兄我真的
Check it out, man. I really,
相信这家伙还活着
honestly believe that this guy is still alive.
我觉得他住在拉斯维加斯
And I believe that he’s like, you know, living in Las Vegas or something.
如果这家伙有一半好的话
‘Cause, you know, if the guy’s half-ass cool,
他像艺人猫王
you know he’s like an Elvis impersonator.
这有点像是精神上的地狱…
‘Cause, I mean, that’s kind of like some sort of spiritual hell…
做一些荒谬滑稽的模仿
to parody yourself at the height of your ridiculousness.
所以这家伙每天都必须起床
So the guy’s gotta get up every day.
吃得肥肥的 整天自娱自乐
Get as fat as he was and just make fun of himself all day long.
那不是杀手的工作吗
Isn’t that a killer job?
你不认为那是老人做的事情吗
Don’t you think that’s what all old people sort of do?
一旦他们过了28岁
Once they get over 28?
是的 那是很棒的工作 是的
Yeah, that’s a cool job. Sure.
你在这里住了多久了
So how long have you lived here?
在这附近大概住了六个星期
Uh, somewhere in the neighborhood of about six weeks.
-是吗 -是的
-That’s it? -Yeah, well, you know.
我刚离开过去的那座城市
I just skipped out of my old town.
却出了车祸 该死
Been crashing on couches and shit.
你喜欢这里吗
Do you like it here?