You must try again, Harold.
更努力点
Harder.
麦登今晚不在
Madden isn’t here tonight.
那你呢?
Are you?
是 我想是的
Yeah. I think so.
盒子里是什么?
What’s in the box?
打开看看
Put it on.
丧服头纱?
A mourning veil?
戴上
Wear it.
在床上吗?
In bed?
对啊
Yeah.
你开心吗哈利 你妈妈喜欢新家 你喜欢你的新工作
You happy Harry? Your mom like the the new place, You like your work.
我很开心 路易
I’m happy Louis.
那就别再拖了
Then quit procrastinating.
我没在拖 我只是在等一个时机
I’m not procrastinating. I’m just waiting for the right moment.
现在就是最佳时期
The right moment is now.
这是毒毛旋花甙
This is strohanthin.
跟酒精一起就会致命
Consumed with alcohol it’s effects are lethal.
30分钟内死亡
Death within thirty minutes.
无痛 迅速
Painless and short.
你去找艾比喝酒
You offer abie a drink.
如果他拒绝了 那我们就知道他正在好转
If he can resist we know he’s on the mend.
如果他拒绝不了 他会陷入沉睡 直到永远
If he can’t he’ll fall asleep. Forever.
你从哪儿弄来那个的?
Where’d you get that?
你落在办公室了
You left it at the office.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
你上来就为了喝一杯吗?
You come up here just to have a drink?
不 说实话 艾比 路易让我跟你谈谈
No. To tell you the truth, abie, Louis asked me to talk to you.
关于什么?
What about?
关于你喝酒
About your drinking.
我喝酒怎么了
What about my drinking?
他希望你停下来
He’d like you to stop.
就这些?
That’s it?
就这些
That’s it.
我不信你
I don’t buy it.
你以为我是来干嘛的?
What do you think I’m here for?
路易是我朋友 哈利 但我不信任他
Louis is a friend, Harry, but I don’t trust him.
我是个杀手 但我拥有感情
I’m a killer, okay, but I got feelings.
路易…路易没有感情
Louis… Louis has no feelings.
他把人揍得体无完肤都不带眨下眼
He would eighty-six your ass and he wouldn’t bat an eye.
他装得像个绅士 但他不是
He makes like he’s gentleman.But he’s no gentleman.
他只是个没胆子弄脏自己手的杀人犯罢了
He’s just a killer who doesn’t have the guts to do his own dirty work.
嗯 他想让你戒酒 他觉得你这样很危险
Well, he’d like you to dry out. He think’s your dangerous.
我不需要人告诉我戒酒 我没扔掉我的自尊
No one has to ask me to quit. I still got my self-respect.
我会彻底停掉的 为我自己好
I’m finished. For good.
我会焕然一新的…从明天开始
I’ll be a hundred-per-cent different man… Starting tomorrow.
我只是需要点儿助眠的东西
I just need a little something to help me sleep.

Don’t.
为什么不 哈利
Why not, Harry?
因为你不需要它
Because you don’t need it.
也许我是不需要
Maybe I don’t.
妈 我们到家了
Ma, we’re home!
哈洛德 是你吗
Harold is that you?
对 是我和爱蕊丝
Yeah. I’m here with iris.
很好 亲爱的 我马上就出来
That’s fine, darling! I’ll be out in just a minute.
当自己家就行
Make yourself comfortable.
对不起 对不起
I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
只有我跟我妈知道怎么坐那把椅子
Yeah, only me and ma know how to sit in that chair.
你确定我看起来还好吗?我发型怎样?
Are you sure I look okay? My hair?
噢 当然 你看起来很漂亮
Oh yeah. You look beautiful.
我只是有点紧张
I’m just a little nervous.
别紧张 妈连个苍蝇都打不了
Don’t be. Ma wouldn’t hurt a fly.
晚上好 我亲爱的
Good evening, my dear!
你不打算亲亲妈妈吗?
Aren’t you going to kiss mother?
现在好多了
That’s better.
现在 这就是那位年轻的女士
Well, now! So this is the young lady.
是的 妈 这是爱蕊丝
Yeah ma, this is iris.
你好 爱蕊丝 我很高兴见到你
How do you do, iris. I’m very happy to meet you.
我也很高兴见到您 奥顿夫人
I’m happy to meet you, too, Mrs. Odurn.
叫我凯特就行 亲爱的
Call me Kate, dear. Will you do that?
如果您这么说的话
If you want me to.
我们得好好相处 不是吗
We want to get along well, don’t we?
是的
We do.
请坐
Sit.
哈洛德 过来坐我旁边
Harold. Come sit beside me.
原谅我 但你已经独占他一整天了
Forgive me, but you’ve had him to yourself all day.
请允许我
Permit me.
我很饿了 晚饭好了吗妈
I’m hungry, is supper ready yet ma?
要有耐心 爱蕊丝和我得互相了解一下
Be patient. Iris and I have to get acquainted.
你爱上我的哈洛德了吗?
Are you in love with my Harold?
是的
Yes.
你僭越了
You are forward.
是您提问的 奥登太太
You asked me, Mrs. odum.
行 哈洛德可没有爱上你
Well, Harold is not in love with you.
哈洛德很难承认自己感受到的东西
It’s hard for Harold to admit his feelings of affection.
我知道他关心在乎我 这才是最重要的
I know he cares for me. That’s all that matters.
不 他没有 我是他母亲 我比你更了解他
No he doesn’t. I’m his mother and I know him a great deal better than you do!
我了解你永远不可能知道的那面哈洛德
I know Harold the way you never could know him.
你这话是什么意思
What do you mean by that?
问你儿子
Ask your son.
妈!
Ma!
这本该是个美好的夜晚
This was supposed to be a nice evening.
会是的 但让爱蕊丝在这里虚虚假假是不公平的
It will. But it is not fair to have iris here under false pretenses.
我是你妈妈 我爱你 但我不能袖手旁边
I’m your mother, and I love you, but I can’t stand by
看着你愚弄一个无辜的女孩儿
and let you make a fool of an innocent girl.
你必须得告诉她你的感受
You must tell her how you feel.
是的 妈妈
Yes, mother.
嗯?
Well?
嗯什么
Well what?
你现在就得告诉她 告诉她你不爱她 我坚持
You must tell her, here and now, that you do not love her. I insist.
告诉她
Tell her.
我不知道 妈
I don’t know, ma.
你不知道什么?
You don’t know what.
我不知道我是不是爱着爱蕊丝
I don’t know whether or not I’m in love with iris.
你是说你可能爱上她了?
You mean you might be in love with her?
嗯 也许
Yeah, maybe.

Oh!
我是说也许 妈 没必要生气
I said maybe ma. There’s no reason to get angry.
生气?我很高兴
Angry? Why, I’m delighted!
爱蕊丝 你能原谅我吗
Iris, can you ever forgive me.
如果我知道你是哈利命中注定的那个人 我绝不会那样跟你说话
I would never have spoken to you that way if I’d known you were Harry’s special girl.
求求你 你能在心里原谅我么
Please. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me.
当然 这没什么好难过的 奥登夫人
Really, it’s nothing to get upset about, Mrs. odum.
那你原谅我了 爱蕊丝?
Then you forgive me, iris?
当然了 奥登夫人 这没什么
Of course, Mrs. odum. It’s nothing.
很好 既然我们已经彼此了解了 我知道我们会相处得很好
Good. Now that we understand each other, I know we’ll get along fine.
我有很多东西想教你——
There are a lot of things I’ll want to teach you –
怎么准备哈洛德的浴缸
how to draw Harold’s bath,
怎么做他最喜欢的菜…
how to make some of his favorite dishes…
妈 你听起来跟嫁女儿似的
Ma, you sound like we’re getting married or something.
不就是么?
Well?
不不 我才不会跟任何人结婚
Oh no. I’m not getting married to anybody.
看看他 可悲的男人
Look at him. Aren’t men pathetic?
他们永远不知道什么袭击了他们 直到为时已晚
They never seem to know what hit them until it’s too late.
这个 这个是怎么回事?
what’s all that about?
秘密 女人的秘密
Secrets, women’s secrets.
亲爱的 你觉得晚饭前来杯鸡尾酒怎么样
Dear, how about a cocktail before dinner?
是的 这是个好主意 夫人…噢
Yes, that’s a fine idea Mrs…Oh.
凯特
Kate.
哈洛德 去商店为我们买♥♥点儿姜汁汽水
Harold, go the store and get us some gingerale.
但 妈 我以为我们…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!