The Admiralty’s sending a mission to discuss a master plot for convoys.
两个男军官和一名皇家海军女军官。委员会把你选为第一人选。
Two regular officers and a Wren. The board picked you as first choice.
听起来很刺♥激♥。
It sounds very exciting.
在俾斯麦号♥这件事解决之前暂不改变,之后跟谢泼德上校谈谈。
No change till this Bismarck thing is settled, then talk to Captain Shepard.
是的,长官。非常感谢你。
Aye aye, sir. And thank you very much.
是的,必须是远程飞机。卡塔琳娜,我想。
Yes, it would have to be long-range aircraft. Catalinas, I should think.
是的,没错。给我回电♥话♥。
Yes, that’s right. Call me back.
– 谢泼德? – 长官?
– Shepard? – Sir?
在我看来,我们部队过于集中在单一行动方向上了。
It seems to me our forces are very heavily committed to a single course of action.
这是基于俾斯麦号♥将前往法国港口的准确消息吗?
Is that based on the definite knowledge that Bismarck is headed for a French port?
不是基於准确的消息,长官
On definite knowledge, no, sir.
而是基於我对总体的情况把握
It’s based on my summing up of the general situation.
我觉得这是一个必须做出的决定。
I felt it was a decision that had to be made.
我希望你是对的,谢泼德。
I hope you’re right, Shepard.
我希望你是对的。
我祷告上帝希望你是对的
I hope to God you’re right.
长官,皇家方舟号♥报告,他们什么也没发现。
A report from Ark Royal, sir. They haven’t found anything.
– 哦,对。你现在要走吗,戴维斯小姐? – 是的,长官。我值勤到七点。
– Oh, right. Are you off now, Miss Davis? – Yes, sir. My watch ends at seven.
我好像有一大堆工作要做。你能留下一个小时帮忙吗?
I seem to have a devil of a lot of work. Do you think you could stay an hour and help?
当然,长官。我有个晚餐约会,但约在九点。
Of course, sir. I have a dinner date,but that’s not until nine.
好的。那么给我H舰队可用飞机的最新情况
Good. Let me have the latest information on the availability of aircraft in Force H.
“海岸指挥部将启动两次交叉空中巡逻。”
“Coastal Command will activate two crossover air patrols.”
“最北端覆盖从布雷斯特到拉罗谢尔的敌方线路。”
“The northernmost will cover possible enemy courses from Brest to La Rochelle.”
“最南端覆盖拉罗谢尔到菲尼斯特海角。”
“The southernmost will cover La Rochelle to Cape Finistére.”
很好。现在,如果你能协调一下海岸指挥部,
Good. Now, if you’ll coordinate that with Coastal Command,
我会继续处理H舰队的事。
I’ll get on with the business of Force H.
然后你就可以离开,好好享用你的晚餐。
Then you can run along and enjoy your dinner date.
什么,凌晨一点半,长官?
What, at half past one in the morning, sir?
我很抱歉。我不知道现在几点了。
I’m sorry. I’d no idea what time it was.
顺便说一下,我想安排你为我全天工作,
By the way, I’d like to make arrangements for you to work with me full time,
如果你认为你可以应付的来。
If you think you could face it.
我想让你丢下你现在的职责,让你做我的助手。
What I had in mind was to take you off you present duties and make you my assistant.
我很感激你想到我,长官
I appreciate you thinking of me, sir.
我需要一个聪明可靠的人。
I need someone who’s intelligent and dependable.
除了你我想不出其他的人
Quite honestly, someone like yourself.
好吧,你认为怎么样?
Well, what do you say?
我不知道该说什么,长官。
I don’t know quite what to say, sir.
我……我尽量不会象以前那么粗鲁,如果这就是困扰你的原因。
I… I’d make an effort not to be so rude as I have been, if that’s what’s bothering you.
不是那样的。
It isn’t anything like that.
– 如果你想说不,就说吧。- 嗯,你看……
– If you want to say no, please say so. – Well, you see…
(电♥话♥铃响)
(phone rings)
作战中心主任
Director of Operations.
请稍等,长官。
One moment, please, sir.
我是法纳姆上校,伤亡科。
It’s Captain Farnum, casualty section.
你好,理查德。对?
Hello, Richard. Yes?
什么坏消息?
What sort of bad news?
没有其他信息吗?
Is there no other information?
我懂了。
I see.
是的,谢谢你告诉我。
Yes, I appreciate your telling me.
谢谢你,理查德。
Thank you, Richard.
我的儿子失踪了。
My son’s missing.
他的飞机没油了,没能回来。
His plane ran out of fuel and failed to return.
非常抱歉,长官。
I’m terribly sorry, sir.
他会有机会被救回来的。你就被救回来了。
There’s a good chance he’ll be picked up.You were picked up.
当我出院时,我所能想起的就是回到伦敦
When I got out of hospital, all I could think about was getting back to London.
我想见我妻子。我从滑铁卢搭计程车。
I wanted to see my wife. I took a taxi from Waterloo.
当车开进入维尔贝克街时,一切看起来都那么熟悉。
As I drove into Welbeck Place, everything looked so familiar.
每所房♥子都和我记得的一样。
Every house was just as I remembered it.
除了我的房♥子以外,每一所房♥子。
Every house except mine.
在我原来房♥子的地面上有一个巨大的黑洞
There was a large black hole in the ground where my house had been.
我太太原来该在的地方
Where my wife had been.
我没有想到会感到如此的痛苦。
I didn’t think it was possible to feel such pain.
我知道。我自己也经历过所以我知道。
I know. I’ve been through it myself and I know.
那天晚上我发誓
I swore that night
只要我还活著,我再也不会对人感情上的依恋了。
I’d never again get emotionally attached to a human being as long as I lived.
但我犯了一个错误。
But I made one mistake.
我忘了……我忘了我儿子的事。
I forgot about… I forgot about my son.
你不能用封闭的方式来避免痛苦。
You can’t avoid pain by fencing yourself off.
有时候你需要帮助,比其他事更迫切。
Sometimes you need the help of other people more than anything else.
你必须让人亲近才可以帮你
But you have to let them get close enough to help.
我不需要任何帮助。
I don’t want any help.
当我陷入困境时我非常需要人。
I found when I was deeply troubled that I needed people very badly.
人们想要被需要。我也发现了。
People want to be needed.I found that out too.
我们有事做了。俾斯麦号♥被卡塔琳娜飞艇发现了,它航向布雷斯特。
We’re in business. Bismarck’s been spotted by a Catalina flying boat, headed for Brest.
你的直觉是对的,长官,对不起。
Your hunch was right, sir, Excuse me.
长官,谢泼德上校给了我一份新工作,做他的助手。
Sir, Captain Shepard has offered me a new job, to be his assistant.
我很喜欢它。我希望你不会反对。
I’d like very much to take it. I hope you’ll have no objection.
乔纳森,你对那个女孩做了什么?
Jonathan, what have you done to that girl?
她刚刚被选上去美国从事一项任务,这意味着一定会升职。
She’s been offered an opportunity to go to America. It means sure promotion.
她现在拒绝了,只为了和你在一起,我不明白。
Now she’s turning all that down just to stay here with you. I don’t understand it.
情况是这样的,那艘飞艇在10:30发现了俾斯麦号♥
Here’s the situation. The flying boat spotted Bismarck at 1030
自那时就以云层为掩护……
and has been shadowing ever since using cloud co…
乔纳森。
Jonathan.
对不起,长官。你是说?
I’m sorry, sir. You were saying?
这艘飞艇在10:30发现了俾斯麦号♥,以云层为掩护一直跟踪它。
The flying boat spotted Bismarck at 1030 and has been shadowing since using cloud cover.
俾斯麦号♥不断地以猛烈防空炮火攻击它
From time to time Bismarck has put up very heavy anti-aircraft fire.
现在,英国人知道我们在哪里了。
By now the British know where we are.
– 他们会派出他们的所有力量。- 我们可以击沉他们派出的一切。
– They’ll send out everything they have. – We can sink anything they send out.
你最近的燃料报告是什么?
What was your latest fuel report?
我们因为油箱破损而损失约两百吨♥燃料
We have lost about 200 tons from the tanks that were damaged.
-我们还剩35%。-这已经足够了。
– We have 35 per cent left. – That is more than enough.
我想检查一下海图。
I want to check the plot.
– 贝克尔 – 是的,长官?
– Becker. – Yes, sir?
随时通知我燃料情况。
Keep me informed about the fuel situation.
我已经请求德国空军提供空中掩护,我们指望他们多快能和我们汇合?
I’ve requested air cover from the Luftwaffe. How soon can we expect them to be with us?
岸基飞机可以飞离海岸差不多这么远,长官。
Shore-based aircraft can operate approximately that far from the coast, sir.
我们大约在明天天亮时到那里
We will arrive at that point about dawn tomorrow.
国王乔治五世号♥和罗德尼号♥呢? 他们的位置在哪儿?
What about King George and Rodney? What is their position?
根据西线集团军群的报告,我将他们标定在我们北方200英里处,长官。
Based on reports from Group West, I have them plotted 200 miles to the north of us, sir.
那很好。他们现在不可能追上我们。
That is good. They cannot possibly overtake us now.
在布雷斯特呆一天,然后我们加满油出击。
A day or so in Brest to make repairs and then we come out again with our tanks full.
还有,林德曼,我有个主意。
Also, Lindemann, I have an idea.
如果沙恩霍斯特号♥、格奈森瑙号♥跟我们一起出击
Suppose Scharnhorst and Gneisenau came out with us.
我们将是海军史上最强大的舰队。世界上没有任何力量可以阻碍我们。
We’d be the most powerful fleet that ever sailed. Nothing in the world could touch us.
对不起,长官。舰队指挥官的个人信♥号♥♥。
Excuse me, sir. Personal signal for the fleet commander.
“祝你生日快乐。
“Best wishes on your birthday.
看。
Look.
阿道夫·希♥特♥勒♥!
Adolf Hitler!
这是我极大的荣誉。
This is a great honour.
是的,请。
Yes, please.
这是国王乔治五世号♥和罗德尼号♥的油耗报告,我尽可能准确的计算了。
Here are the fuel consumption reports for KGV and Rodney, as close as I can calculate.
– 它们看起来不太好,是吗? -是的,长官。
– Don’t look too good, do they? – No, sir.
他们在俾斯麦号♥后面140英里处。
They’re 140 miles astern of Bismarck.
如果他们尽全速追赶,有可能追上吗?
Can they steam at full speed long enough to overtake?
如果他们这样做了,长官,他们就没有足够的燃料回家了。
If they did, sir, they wouldn’t have enough fuel to get home.
长官。
Sir.
在明天天亮时,俾斯麦号♥将进入德国空中掩护范围内。
By daylight Bismarck will be in range of German air cover.
– 他们会派一整个机群为它护航。 – 还有一队潜艇。
– They’ll send out the whole Luftwaffe for her. – And a line of U-boats.
我们必须让它慢下来,以便本土舰队追上它
We have to slow her down so Home Fleet can overtake her
在它进入友军水域之前。
before she gets into friendly waters.
然而,声望号♥和谢菲尔德号♥做不到。
Well, Renown and Sheffield can’t do it.
只能依靠皇家方舟号♥了。
That leaves Ark Royal.
离天亮还有10个小时,就算九个半小时。
Ten hours of daylight left. Call it nine and a half.
我们还可以攻击一次。幸运好的话,可能会有两次
There’s time to get off one air strike. With luck, they might get off two.
是的,长官。我们最好联♥系♥皇家方舟号♥。
Yes, sir. We’d better get in touch with Ark Royal.
你们的鱼雷已经安装了新型磁力爆♥炸♥装置
Your torpedoes have been fitted with the new magnetic exploders,
所以应该会有很好的效果。
so you should get very good results.
你们有俾斯麦号♥的位置、航线和速度
You have Bismarck’s position, course and speed.
她现在距离24英里,方位183度。
She’s now 24 miles away, bearing 183°.
你不会认错它的。它现在形单影只,所以马上攻击它。
You can’t mistake her.She’s all by herself, so attack immediately.
最后一句话,本土舰队在后面100英里。
Just one final word. The Home Fleet’s 100 miles astern.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!