He’s the picture of health.
谭咪是个大美人儿 对吧
That Tammy, there -she’s fine, isn’t she?
我从红灯区把她找来
I rented her out of Old Town.
你以后在牢里 再也碰不了这种辣妹
I wanted to show you what you won’t be getting any of, not in prison.
听到没 哈狄
You hear me, Hartigan?
只要你不要这么傻 乖乖跟我们合作
If you stop being stupid, start playing along with us,
搞不好就能拥有谭咪
you might just get some of Tammy.
看到没 她吓了一跳
You see that? She flinched.
你让她作呕
You make her sick.
她听说你强♥奸♥了那小女生
She heard about you and that little girl.
我知道我必须付出代价 这就是我的下场
This is nothing but a price I promised myself I’d pay. and I’m paying it.
你不能救了一个小女孩
You don’t save a little girl’s life.
再把她推入火坑
then turn around and throw her to the dogs.
这不是我的作风
Not in my book. you don’t.
他们要我认罪 我死也不肯
They want a confession. They won’t get it.
我在禁闭室收到南丝的信
There was a letter from Nancy waiting when they put me in solitary.
她果然和她说的一样 用柯蒂莉的假名
She calls herself “Cordelia. ” just like she promised.
她没提到任何关于自己的事
She makes no mention of anything that would give her away.
我一开始以为 这小姑娘只会写几封信
At first. I figure she’ll send another note or twwo
然后注意力 很快就会转到别的地方去
before her young mind moves on to better things.
没想到每个星期四 都会收到她的信
But every Thursday. another one arrives.
好贴心的小女孩
What a sweet kid.
我拿信时很努力 不让自己的手颤抖
I do my best to keep my hand from shaking when I reach for it.
她是我唯一的朋友 我没有过的女儿
She’s the only friend I’ve got -the daughter I never had.
甜美的柯蒂莉
My sweet Cordelia.
瘦弱的小柯南丝
Skinny little Nancy Callahan.
八年就这样过去了
Eight years pass.
又到了另一个星期四 我一样被关在我的牢房♥
Then comes a Thursday when I bound from my cot.
我像小孩子一样兴奋
excited as a kid at Christmas.
但是当我看着牢房♥的地板
only to find myself staring at the damn floor of my damn cell.
却没看到南丝的来信
looking for a letter from Nancy that isn’t there.
下一个星期四她也没来信
Then another Thursday with no letter.
她还好吧
Is she all right?
她是不是出事了
Did something happen to her?
什么也没有
Nothing.
两个月来都没有南丝的消息
Two months now -not a word from Nancy.
他们是不是找到她 把她给杀了
Did they find her? Did they get to her?
你真笨 老头儿
Of course! Stupid old man.
算算看 南丝现在已经十九岁了
Do your math. Nancy’s 1 9 years old.
你还期望她会继续写信给你
How long did you expect her to keep writing?
她写了这么久已经够好了
She was a saint to keep it up as long as she did.
她忘了你了 老头儿
She’s forgotten you. old man.
你又剩下一个人
You’re alone.
孤零零的一个人
You’re all alone.
这家伙的味道 闻起来像腐♥败♥的食物
This guy smells awful -like bad food.
就像一具在炎夏 被丢在垃圾堆的死尸
Like a corpse left in a garbage dumpster in the middle of summer.
他的味道臭到让我想吐
He stinks so bad. I want to throw up.
他差点把我的头打挂 那个臭东西
Practically knocked my head off. the bastard.
我醒来才看到
When I come to. I see it.
南丝一直用的信封
The same kind of envelope Nancy always uses.
但是里面没有信
but there’s no letter inside of it.
只有软软的东西
There’s something soft.
像是本来还活着的东西 像是一块肉和骨头
something that ought to be alive -a hunk of meat and bone
像是一个十九岁女孩 右手的食指
that ought to be the index finger of the right hand of a 1 9-year-old girl.
他们是怎么找到她的
How the hell did they find her?
她一直很小心
She was so careful.
从来没提到 她的住处和工作地点
She never gave away where she lives or where she works.
我一定要出狱 一定要救她
I’ve got to get out. I’ve got to help her.
什么都不重要 我的命或尊严都不重要
Nothing else matters -not my life and not my pride. either.
他们只想逼我屈服
It’s only one final surrender they want.
洛克 你把我打败了
You got me. Roark. You beat me.
他们想听什么 我全都照他们的说法招出来
I say everything they want to hear. just the way they want to hear it.
我说我是一个变♥态♥娈童犯
I tell them I’m a twwisted. wretched child molester.
他们要我做什么我都照做
I agree to everything they want from me.
我爱你 南丝
I love you. Nancy.
这儿离城里很远 哈狄
It’s a lot of miles into town, Hartigan.
-让我载你一程 -只要你走在我前面就行
-You care for a ride? -Long as you stay in front of me.
坐牢害你紧张兮兮 过去的事就让它过去吧
Prison’s made you paranoid. Talk about water under the bridge.
老天
Christ.
那是八年前的事
Eight years.
是啊 八年前
Yeah. Eight years.
也许我这么说你会高兴
Well, if it’s any consolation to you…
你让我痛恨我自己
you made me hate myself.
-有艾琳的消息吗 -有
-Any word from Eileen? -Yeah.
她再婚了 四年前
She got remarried four years ago.
她生了两个小孩 很遗撼 哈狄
She had two kids. I’m sorry, John.
用不着
Don’t be.
我替她高兴
I’m glad.
艾琳一向都想要有小孩
Eileen always wanted kids.
她会是个好妈妈
She’ll make a good mother.
就像你说的 巴布 过去的事就让它过去吧
Like you said, Bob -water under the bridge.
我跟巴布互道珍重再见之后
Bob and I get on with our fond farewells to each other.
就去找我在这世上
then I go looking for the only human being
唯一关心的人
on the planet who means a damn to me –
南丝
Nancy.
他们怎么会发现信是你写的
How could they have found out it was you writing all those letters to me?
他们怎么会查出你的身份
How did they find out who you are?
他们对你又做了什么
And what have they done to you. baby?
没有声音
Not a sound.
没有人影
No sign of life.
难道洛克这么做 只是为了折磨我这个老头
Has Roark gone to all this trouble just to torture a broken old man.
就像一个小孩子拿针♥刺♥ 已经断了翅膀的苍蝇
like a kid poking at a fly when he’s already torn his wings off?
他对南丝做了什么
What has he done to Nancy?
她好像只会读书和写信
It’s like all she ever does is read and study and write.
没有日记 也没有电♥话♥号♥码或地址
No diary. no phone numbers or addresses written down anywhere.
唯一的线索 是一家夜♥总♥会♥的火柴盒
Closest thing to a clue is a pack of matches from a lousy saloon.
不太可能 不过也许她在那里有朋友
It’s a long shot. but maybe she’s got some friends there.
死胡同
A dead end.
南丝不可能和这些
Nancy wouldn’t have anything to do
酒鬼和窝囊废混在一起
with a pack of drunks and losers like this.
不过要找到南丝
But if there’s anything to be found here.
查出到底是谁绑走她…
the faintest lead to wherever Nancy is
…折磨她 这是唯一的线索
or whoever kidnapped her and mutilated her. this is the place.
对不起 小姐 请你帮帮忙
Excuse me, miss. Wondering if you could help me.
我想要找一个人
I’m looking for somebody.
这么冷的夜里 大家都想要找人陪
Cold night like this, everybody’s looking for somebody, stranger.
我不是这个意思 我要找南丝
It’s not like that. Her name is Nancy.
她就在舞台上 先生
Eyes to the stage, pilgrim.
她正在暖身
She’s just warming up.
瘦小的柯南丝
Skinny little Nancy Callahan.
她长大了
She grew up.
身材丰满火♥辣♥
She filled out.
柯南丝 十九岁
Nancy Callahan. 1 9 years old.
我还以为她是个瘦弱的小书虫
And here I was. expecting a skinny little bookworm.
个性太过于内向害羞
maybe a bit too shy for her own good.
这些年来她在信里 提到自己的地方太少了
How little she told me about herself in all her letters for all those years.
他们怎么会找到她
How the hell did they find her?
我突然想通了
Then it hits me.
他们在唬我
They were bluffing.
我带他们找到她
I’ve led them straight to her.
她还没看到我
She hasn’t spotted you yet.
转过身走出大门
Turn around and walk out the door.
把那个怪人引到外面
Lead the creep outside.
设法夺下他的手♥枪♥ 然后毙了他
Get that Beretta away from him somehow. and kill him.
我要装成一个刚出狱的色鬼
I’m just a horny ex-con watching an exotic dancer.
再过几秒她就安全了
Just a few seconds and she’ll be safe.
不 南丝 别看我
No. Nancy. Don’t notice me.
别把我认出来
Don’t recognize me.
我没时间解释
There’s no time to explain.
我犯了一个大错 害你陷入很大的危险
I’ve made a terrible mistake, put you in terrible danger.
我们得立刻离开