Nice bag.
这样好了 我先把袋子放在桌上
I tell you what. Um, why don’t I take this nd just put it right over here on this table.
你想看就看
And then you can take a look at it if you feel like.
大概是些没意思的乐高积木之类的
It’s probably some stupid legos or something.
你们帮我个忙 帮我看着这个袋子
Oh, um, could you guys do me a favor?Uh, just keep an eye on the bag for me.
要是它动了就喊我一声 好吗?
And, uh, give me a holler if it moves.Okay?
谢了
Thanks.
你是戏剧课老师?
You’re a drama teacher?
演戏也要教吗?
They teach that?
我都是利用戏剧
Well, what I try and do, Mrs. Wenteworth,Is-is use the theatre
让小孩表达 平常不敢表达的事
to get students to express themselves In ways they normally couldn’t.
你都用什么方法?
How do you do that?
一个方法是利用道具 小孩子很喜欢
Well, one way that I found works well is by introducing props.Young people seem to respond to that.
什么样的道具?
What kind of props?
就像我留在走廊的东西
Well, kind of like the one I just left out there in the hall.
现在应该正上演一场好戏 我们马上就知道
Matter of fact, there could be a little drama unfolding just as we speak.We’ll soon see.
哦,孩子,舀太多青豆了
Oh, boy, that’s a lot of peas.
我放一点回去 不必吃这么多
Why don’t I just put a few of these back here?I don’t need that many peas.
你看到吗? 什么?
Did you see that? – What?
它好像动了
I think it moved.
是你想象的
You’re imagining it.
也许是只小狗
Maybe it’s a puppy.
除非是只死狗
Not unless it’s a dead puppy.
是啊,他第一次 不会带只死狗来
Yeah. He wouldn’t bring a dead puppy on the first date.
一定是别的
It’s something else.
他一定是在耍我们
I bet he’s just putting us on.
我打赌里面什么都没有
I bet there’s nothing even in there.
他只是开玩笑,打开来吧
He’s just playing a joke on us. Go ahead and open it.
我才不干 你不想看吗?
I’m not opening it. – Don’t you wanna see what’s inside?
想和做是两码子事
What I want to do and what I do are two separate things.
要是大家都为所欲为 天下就会大乱
If we all went around doing what we wanted all the time, there’d be chaos.
你打开来
You open it.
那个道具 那是什么?
The prop. – What was that?
是怪物
It’s a monster!
没事。求助!
You’re okay.Help!
他很棒吧?
Isn’t he terrific?
他会吃掉我们的。你没事。
He’s going to eat us. you’re okay.
只是一只穿山甲
It’s just an armadillo.
什么?
A what?
穿山甲标本,瞧
It’s a stuffed armadillo. See?
我上礼拜在德州买♥♥的
I picked it up on my way through san Antonio last week.
看习惯了其实还不赖
It’s not that bad once you get used to it.
你觉得呢,乔?
What do you think, Joe?
我不要 可以给我吗?
I don’t want it. – Can I have it?
你再看一次好吗?
Well, why don’t you, uh, uh, give it a Chance!
也许你会习惯
Maybe it’ll grow on you.
雪莉丹波跟麦卡锡议员说 我不是说共♥匪♥,是贡丸
so Shirley temple says to senator mccarthy didn’t say, “commie,” I said, “moppie.”
呃,妈妈,赛门能不能留下来? 我们想躺在夜空下睡觉
Uh, mom? Can Simon sleep over?We wanna spend the night out under the stars.
只要他的父母同意就行
Sure, honey, as long as it’s all right with Simon’s parents?
他们不在乎
They don’t care.
请你打给他们,好吗?
Will you do me a favor anyway and call them?
喂? 我能在乔家过夜吗?
Yeah? Can I sleep over at Joe’s tonight?
我不在乎
I don’t care.
我要亲你们道晚安
I’m ready for my good-night kisses.
妈 我先来
Oh, mom. – Me first! Me first!
别推三阻四,快来吧
Oh, don’t you want me? Get up here. Mm-whaa!
晚安,甜心,我爱你
Good night, honey. Love you.
外面很凉,你没有毛衣吗?
Simon, isn’t it a little cool outside?Don’t you think you need a sweater?
很难找到我这种尺寸
It’s hard to find sweaters my size.
一定要特别订做
They have to make them special
我爸说太贵了
and my dad says they’re too expensive.
来
Here.
可以吗?
How about that?
谢谢,温特沃斯女士
Thank you, miss wenteworth.
我爱你 晚安,本古奇
Mm. Love you. – Good night, Ben goodrich!
晚安, 伯奇先生
Bonsoir monsieur birch.
晚安,温特沃斯先生
Buenas noches, senor wenteworth.
你们要待在后院
You boys stay in the yard.
我喜欢他
I like him.
我不喜欢
I don’t.
也许上帝派他来当你♥爸♥
Maybe God sent him to be your father.
上帝派一个 拿穿山甲的怪胎来?
God sent me a screwball with an armadillo?
上帝对每个人都有安排 包括本古奇
God has a plan for everyone, including Ben goodrich.
他不是我爸
Well, he’s not my father.
我亲生爸爸在外面的某个地方
My real father is out there somewhere.
汉森老师的眼睛跟你很像
Mr. Hanson has your eyes.
工艺课老师?
The shop teacher?
他跟你一样是左撇子
And he’s a lefty, like you.
那是因为他的右拇指被锯断
That’s ’cause he chopped off his right thumb with the table saw.
我没说他是天生的
I didn’t say he was a natural lefty.
也许他是为你妈才锯断的
Maybe he chopped off his thumb on purpose to show your mother How much he loved her,
就像梵高割耳朵一样
like van gogh with his ear.
她不会爱上工艺课老师
I can’t see my mom being attracted to a metal shop teacher.
美术或英文课老师才有可能
Art or English maybe, but not metal shop.
我不懂她为什么不告诉你
I don’t understand why she doesn’t just tell you.
反正你是私生子
You’re already a bastard.
起码要当个聪明的私生子
You might as well be an enlightened one.
她说等我长大再说
She said she’d tell me when I’m old enough.
几时?
When’s that?
不知道
I don’t know.
希望很快吧
Soon, I hope.
我妈跟穿山甲先生的感情突飞猛进
Things were getting serious between my mother And the armadillo-wielding Ben goodrich,
某个星期天她带着我们和他去了教堂
Enough so that one Sunday she brought him with us to church.
嗨,乔、温特沃斯女士!嗨,本古奇
Hi, Joe! Hi, miss wenteworth! Hi, Ben goodrich!
嗨,赛门
Hi, Simon!
我有东西给你
I have something for you.
你替我织的吗?
You made that for me?
没错,我的小娃娃
I did indeed, my little doll.
冬天快到了,你需要…
I think it’s gonna be getting cool pretty soon and you need to have…
一件漂亮的毛衣
A beautiful sweater just for you.
希望很合身
Hopefully, a good fit.
我看看
So, let’s see?
我的天
Oops! Oh, my goodness.
好吧,
Well,
好长的…
What a very long
一根毛线
piece of yarn.
他活像个流浪汉
He looks like a hobo.
太完美了,跟你一样
It’s perfect.Just like you.
走吧
Come on.
得赦免其过 遮盖其罪之人有福了
As it is he whose transgression is forgiven Whose sin is covered.
我要向耶♥和♥华♥承认过错 你就赦免我的罪
I said I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord And thou forgave us the inequity of my sin.
上帝的话语
The word of the Lord.
感谢主
Thanks be to God.
我想花点时间 谈谈教会接下来的活动
I’d like to take a few minutes to discuss some Of the upcoming activities on the church calendar.
又来了
Here we go.
怎么了,西蒙?
What’s wrong, Simon?
谁晓得上帝关不关心这些事
Who knows what God thinks about current events?
有问题吗?
Does someone have a question?
没有,先生
Uh, no, sir.
呃,法官大人,没有
Uh, your honor, no.
牧师,谢谢
Father, thank you.
没有问题
No, sir.
很高兴见到新面孔
It’s always nice to see new faces in the congregation.
礼拜结束后请你和我们夫妇 一起喝咖啡吃点心
Uh, I’d like to invite them To join my wife and children and, uh, myself For coffee and donuts downstairs after the service.
咖啡点心 跟上帝有什么关系?
What does coffee and donuts have to do with God?
赛门,安静
Simon, you better be quiet.
赛门,你想跟大家说什么?
Simon, is there something you’d like to share with the rest of us?
我说咖啡点心 跟上帝有什么关系?
I said, “what does coffee and donuts have to do with God?”
这只是让大家边吃边聊 教会接下来的活动
They’re merely refreshments so people can socialize and, uh, discuss the upcoming activities.
谁说教会一定要 提供欧式早餐?
Whoever said that church needs a continental breakfast?
赛门