我们可以躲去那里 我来照顾你
We can hide there. I will take care of you.
吃吧 请吃
Take it. Please.
您一定很饿了
You must be so hungry.
茂吉和我的家人 一直都那么坚强
Mokichi and my family stayed strong.
我太懦弱了
I am so weak.
是吗 瞧你把自己照顾得多好
Are you? You can certainly look after yourself.
我不是只为了自己
Not to be selfish.
我和你一样
I am like you.
我哪里也去不成
I have nowhere else to go.
在这样的一个世界中
Where is the place for a weak man
弱小的我还能去哪里?
in a world like this?
你想向茂吉和一藏忏悔吗
You want to confess for Mokichi and Ichizo?
以圣父 圣子 圣灵之名
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
你要来做的事 快做吧
“What you will do, do quickly.”
这是您的儿子 在最后的晚餐上对犹大所说的话
Your Son’s words to Judas at the Last Supper.
当时他是否感到愤怒?
Was he angry when he said them?
还是说 这些话源自他的爱?
Or did they come from love?
您没事吧 神父?
Are you all right, Padre?
– 您看上去很疲惫 – 我没事
– You seem so tired. – I’m all right.
那条鱼好咸
The fish you gave me was so salty.
我渴了
I thirst.
– 什么 – 我渴了
– What? – I thirst.
主也这么说过
Our Lord said that. – Yes.
我去取些水来
– I get some water. – Ah.
吉次郎
Kichi…
– 我去取水 – 吉次郎
– I get water. – Kichijiro!
吉次郎
Kichijiro.
抱歉 我把水洒了 神父
Oh. Sorry, I dropped the water, Padre.
我以为您出事了
I thought something was wrong.
但是别担心
But, never mind.
有条小溪就在附近
There is a stream just nearby.
您想喝多少都可以
You can drink as much as you like.
这边
Here.
神父 原谅我
Padre, forgive me.
神父
Padre?
我祈求上帝的宽恕
I pray for God’s forgiveness.
他会宽恕吗 哪怕是我?
Will he forgive? Even me?
上帝保佑
Blessed be God.
你叫什么名字
What is… What is your name?
莫妮卡
– Monica. – Ah.
和奥古斯丁的母亲同名
Like the mother of Augustine.
这是我受洗的名字 这位是胡安
My baptismal name. This man is Juan.
他希望他的受洗名 和我们的神父一样
He wanted his name to be like our priest Juan,
在云仙去世的胡安神父
who died at Unzen.
会有越来越多人 像他一样赴死
There will be many more joining him.
你懂吗
You understand.
为什么 为什么你要这样看着我?
Why are you… Why are you looking at me like that?
你们为什么如此平静?
Why are you so calm?
我们全都要死了 就像他那样
We are all about to die! Like that!
抱歉 我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
谢谢 谢谢你的食物
I’m sorry. Thank you. Thank you for the food.
但是 神父
Padre…
我们的神父
Our father,
胡安神父 他说我们死后会升上天锅
Padre Juan said if we die we will go to paraiso
天国 是的 没错
Paradise. Yes, that’s right.
难道死亡不是件好事吗
Isn’t it good to die?
天国比这里好多了
Paraiso is so much better than here
没有饥饿 没有病痛 没有赋税 没有辛苦劳作
No one hungry. Never sick. No taxes. No hard work.
是的 当然了
Yes. Of course.
胡安神父是对的
Padre Juan was right.
在天锅不用辛苦劳作
There is no hard work in paraiso
连劳作都没有
There is no work at all.
也没有赋税
There is no taxes.
没有苦难
There is no suffering.
我们会与上帝同在
We all will be united with God.
痛苦也没有了
There will be no pain.
不 你不行
No, not you.
你留下
You stay.
我跟他们说的 你听得懂吗
You understood what I was saying to them?
你的日语够好吗
Your Japanese is good enough?
– 我注视过你的双眼- 是吗
– I saw your eyes. – Oh.
你觉得你都看见了什么
And what did you think you saw there?
他们都是蠢货 那些农民
They’re fools. Those peasants.
主啊 请保佑他们远离苦难 一路平安
Lord, spare them suffering and keep them safe in Your hand.
他们可以喋喋不休地讨论 最后什么也决定不了
They can talk among themselves without end. And decide nothing.
但你是明白人 不是吗
But you understand, don’t you?
想说什么 就直说吧
Just say what you mean.
他们能否被释放 全都取决于你
That it all depends on you whether they are set free,
只需要你说一个字
if you say just one single word.
在他们面前 否认你的信仰
Show them. Deny your faith.
要是我拒绝 你就杀了我吗
So what if I refuse? You kill me?
殉道者的鲜血 是教会的种子
The blood of martyrs is the seed of the church.
就像你在大村和长崎 屠♥杀♥的神父那样
Just like the priests you slaughtered in Omura and Nagasaki.
我们意识到了错误
We learned from our mistake.
而处决掉农民 只会让他们更加冥顽不灵
Killing the priests and killing the peasants makes it worse.
如果他们能够为上帝而死 他们只会觉得更加坚强
If they can die for their God, they think it only makes them stronger.
如果你觉得必须处罚谁的话 处罚我一个人吧
If you feel you must punish someone, punish me alone.
你根本就不是一个好神父
You do not speak like a good priest!
如果你是个真男人 真正的好神父
If you were a real man, a truly good priest,
你应该对那些基♥督♥徒心生慈悲 为他们着想
you should feel pity for the Christian.
不是吗 神父?不是吗
Isn’t that so, Padre, isn’t that so?
你一人荣耀的代价 是他们的苦难折磨
The price for your glory is their suffering.
神父?
Padre,
赞美主 我们的天父
praise be to God, our Father.
赞美主
Praise be to Him.
我的葡萄牙语 是从你们的卡布拉尔神父那里学来的
The Portuguese language was a gift of your Father Cabral.
我受命来为你做翻译
I have been asked to interpret on your behalf.
我们担心 你的证词会漏掉某些细节
There was concern that we might miss certain subtleties in your testimony
如果他们只让你说日语
if you were told to speak only in Japanese.
证词?我…
Testimony? Uh…
我们希望尽可能公平
We want it to be fair.
而且我们对英语的掌握
And we do have a better grasp of your language
比你们的日语要好
than you do of ours.
卡布拉尔神父就从来只会说 “谢谢你”
Father Cabral never managed much more than arigataya.
他一直在这里教书 却始终不愿学习
All the time he lived here, he taught, but would not learn.
他瞧不起我们的语言 食物 和我们的习俗
He despised our language, our food, our customs.
我不像他 我和卡布拉尔不一样
I’m not like him. I’m not like Cabral.
– 真的?- 真的
– Really? – Yes.
我们有自己的信仰 神父
We have our own religion, Padre.
不 不 可惜你没有注意到
Pity you did not know this yet.
不 我明白 只是思考方式不同罢了
No. No, no. We just think a different way.
是啊
True.
你认为我们的佛只是凡人
You believe our Buddhists are only men.
只是人类而已
Just human beings.
佛也是会死的
Even a Buddha dies.
和所有人一样
Like all men.
– 他不是造物主 – 你太无知了
– He is not the Creator. – You are ignorant.
神父 只有基♥督♥徒才会视佛为凡人
Padre, only a Christian would see Buddhists simply as men.
我们的佛是凡人可以达到的
Our Buddha is a being which men can become.
一种超脱自我的存在 只要他能战胜自己的幻象
Something greater than himself if he can overcome all his illusions.
而你 却对你的幻象执迷不悟 还称之为”信仰”
But you cling to your illusions and call them faith.
不 你不明白
No, you don’t understand.
任何人 只要遵循上帝的诫条 他就能…
If any man follows God’s commandments,
过着平和喜乐的生活
then he can live a peaceful and joyous life.
我明白 我真的明白
I do. I do understand.
神父 这非常简单
Padre, it is perfectly simple.
你听说过这个词吗
Have you heard that word?
意思是 “跌倒” “投降”
It means fall down, surrender,
放弃信仰
give up the faith.
也就是你们说的 “弃教”
Apostatize, as you say.