-什么?-哦,是的。
– Right?- Oh, yes.
那是我要说的。
That’s what I’m saying.
汤我们有玉米杂烩…
For our soup we have corn chowder…
主菜我们有大猪排浇太妃糖…
and for our entrees we have medallionsof pork dusted with black truffles…
配菜有菜根和芥末土豆。
served with a root vegetable foulonand wasabi whipped potatoes.
最后–
And finally–
-我不得不解释我的证件。-对!
– [ Maya ] I have to explain my credentials.- [ Stephanie ] Yes.!
Miles,这个让你想起什么?
Miles, what does this remind you of?.
“红酒, 红酒。”
“Red wine. Red wine.”
他是在一大堆指责中长大的。
[Jack ]He was brought up on a lot of charges.
-是么?-我的意思是警告。
– Yeah?- I mean, with the yellow light.
对。
Right.
总之,今晚我们要庆祝Miles的新书。
After all, tonightwe are celebrating Miles’s book deal.
-出版作家。-哦,哇!
– Published author.- Oh! Wow!
哇呜,Miles!
Wow, Miles.!
-哦!-那么,那样的话–
– Ohh.!- [ Maya ] Well, in that case–
然后他们就以为你没有任何想法,无法控制局面。
And then they think you have no idea.You have no control over it.
古老的处理葡萄的方式。
[ Miles ]Ancient way of treating the grape.
现在这种是现代的处理葡萄的方式。
Now it’s a modern wayof treating the grape.
那时传统的酿酒方式,一种有争议的方式。
It’s a traditional way of dealing with wine.It’s a controversial way.
然后大家都回去了。
[ Stephanie ]So everyone’s going back to that.
只是总有些重叠的地方。
It’s just that there’sa certain constant lapping.
-那个不是–那是个钓鱼的湖。-嗯哼。
– It’s not a– It’s a fishing lake.- Mm-hmm.
你的嘴唇很柔软。
Your lips look soft.
-总的来说—哦,不。你的意思是,好比,这个是干什么用的?
– The whole area is— Oh, no. You mean, like, what it was used for?
-他们为什么要打电♥话♥–
– What do they call the— [ Phone:Line Continues Ringing ]
马里布–是马里布峡谷。
Malibu– It’s Malibu Canyon.
我也不知道我到底想说什么。
I don’t know what the hellI’m trying to say.
喂?
– [ Line Picks Up ]- [ Woman ] Hello?
Victoria?
Victoria?
Miles?
Miles?
好,好,好,好。Victoria, 你怎么样啊?
Well, well, well, well, well.Victoria. How the hell are ya?
什么–呃–你想干什么?
What– Uh– What’s on your mind?
哦,没什么。我–
Oh, nothin’. I–[ Chuckles ]
刚听说你又结婚了。
Just heard that you got remarried.
恭喜啊。我,呃–
Congratulations. I, uh–
哦,我可没想到你还有胃口再来一遍。
Boy, I didn’t think you had the stomachfor another go-around.
哦,Miles, 你喝醉了。
Oh, Miles, you’re drunk.
噢,就一点本地的皮诺,你知道的。
Oh,just a little local pinot,you know.
一点勃艮第(burgundy),那种老的法国伯尔尼红酒(Cotes de Beaune)。
A little burgundy. That old Cotes de Beaune.[ Laughs, Clears Throat ]
-你在哪里?-呃,一个Los Olivos的小地方。
– Where are you?- Uh, a little place in Los Olivos.
店主是新的,环境很温馨,呃–
New owners. Cozy ambience, uh–
吃的东西也非常好。你应该,呃–你应该试试。
Excellent food too.You should, uh– You should try it.
我想起了你,呃昨天晚上在Hitching Post的时候。
I thought of you at the, uh,Hitching Post last night.
喂?
Hello?
-Miles,不要在喝醉的时候给我打电♥话♥。-没有,只是–
– Miles, don’t call me when you’re drunk.- No, it’s–
好吧,我只是–想让你知道…
All right, I just–I wanted to let you know…
我已经决定不去参加婚礼了…
that I have decidednot to come to the wedding…
所以,如果你原来担心会发生什么像吵架这种事
so just in case you were dreading some sort of,you know, run-in or something like that…
那你现在不用再担心了…
well, you worry no more…
因为我不会去那儿的。
because I’m not gonna be there.
这是个小小的结婚礼物,送给你和–他叫什么来着。
It’s my little wedding giftto you and what’s-his-name.
他叫什么?
What is his name?
Ken.
Ken.
Ken!太好了。
Ken! Right.
Ken.
Ken.
我要挂了,Miles.
I’m gonna hang up now, Miles.
不–你知道,只不过–我刚听说这件事…
No– You know, it’s just–I-I-I heard about this…
今天第一次听说。
for the first time, uh, today.
呃,你又结婚了。就是这样。
Uh, your getting remarried, that is.
呃, 我就是有点吓到了。
And, uh, I was kind of taken aback.
真是…难以置信。
Just… hard to believe.
我原来还以为可能还有一点点希望…
I guess I thought maybethere was still a chance…
没准儿什么时候我们俩。
for us somewhere down the road.
我就是,呃–
And I just, uh–[ Sighs ]
– Miles.- 嗯?
– Miles.- Huh?
也许你不去婚礼更好一些。
Maybe it is betterif you don’t come to the wedding.
没问题,Vicki,你怎么说都行。
All righty, Vicki. Whatever you say.
我听你的。
You’re the boss.
嗯? 我不知道。
Huh? I don’t know.
欢迎回来。
[ Laughs ]Welcome back.
放松点。
Take it easy.
-你还好吧,Miles?-是的,我很好。
– Are you okay, Miles?- Yes. I’m fine.
谢谢。
Thank you.
-失陪一下,先生们。-失陪一下。
– Excuse us, gentlemen.- Excuse us.
没关系。
[Jack ]Sure.
-呒。-好的。
– Mmm.- All right.
好,别太久了。
Yeah. Don’t take too long.
-好的。-好。再见。
– All right.- Okay. Bye, girls. [ Chuckles ]
他妈的怎么搞得?你怎么回事?
What the fuck?What is up with you?
-你还记得我们再外面谈过的吧?-对–
– You remember our little talk outside?- Yeah–
-你♥他♥妈♥的打起精神来,Miles.-我没事,我没事。
– Get your shit together, Miles.- I’m fine. I’m fine.
你刚才去哪里了?
Where were you?
厕所。
Bathroom.
你是不是有喝醉了去打电♥话♥?
Did you drink and dial?
嗯?
Hmm?
-没有。-你为什么老这么干?
– No.- Why do you always have to do this?
Victoria已经飞了,飞了。
Victoria is gone. Gone.
噗,消失在风里了。
Poof!. In the wind.
我的意思是,你正在毁掉一个和Maya在一起的好机会。
I mean, you are blowing a greatopportunity here with Maya.
Maya–靠 Maya–她很棒!
Maya– Fuckin’ Maya– She’s great!
她很好,风趣,又懂葡萄酒。
She’s cool, she’s funny, she knows wine.
什么消沉郁闷的狗屎东西?
What is this morose, come-down bullshit?
这些女孩要和我们派对。
These girls wanna party with us.
嗯?
Huh?
还有你刚才滔滔不绝10分钟讲什么?沃莱白葡萄酒?
And what was that 1 0-minute lectureon, what, Vouvrays?
你不是开玩笑吧?谁理你那个茬?
Are you kidding me?Who gives a fuck?
这么说吧,我对当前的整个情况很不爽。
Let’s just say that I’m uncomfortablewith the whole scenario.
难道你忘了和Victoira一起的那些不愉快了么?
Have you forgotten all the bad timesyou had with Victoria…
她让你觉得你很渺小?
how small she could make you feel?
这难道不就是你先和Brenda搞婚外恋的原因么?
Isn’t that why you had the affairwith Brenda in the first place?
闭嘴。收起你的臭脸。闭嘴。
Shut up. Shut your face. Shut up.
你难道就没有注意Maya看着你的样子么?
Have you even noticedhow Maya’s looking at you?
好了,伙计。你已经让她上钩了。
Now, come on, man.You’ve got her on the hook.
把她钓起来。钓的高一点。
Reel her in.Let’s ratchet this up a notch.
来,喝点agua fria.
Here. Drink some agua fria.
嗨!
– [ Mouths Words ]- Hey!
-嗨!-呒。
– Hey!- Mmm.
啊,那,呃,我们要不要点甜点?
Ah. Well, so, uh,shall we get some dessert?
呃,我们想,呃我们都去我家怎么样?
Uh, well, we were thinking, um, uh,why don’t we go back to my place?
我有葡萄酒,奶酪,音乐,什么都有。
I’ve got wine, some insane cheeses,music, whatever.
好呀!
[ Laughs ]Yeah!
-侍者!
– [ Stephanie, Maya Laughing ]- Waiter!
过来。
Come here.
呃。
Uh-huh.
-给你一个,我三个。-呒。
– One for you, three for me.- Mmm.
你确定你想这样么?
You sure you wanna do this?
-我们来了!-嗨!
– We’re here!- [ Stephanie ] Hey.!
-嗨!-你们去哪儿了?
– Hey!- Where were you guys?
噢,我们拐错了几个弯,多亏了还有麦哲伦。
Oh, we took a couple of wrong turns,thanks to Magellan here.
-嗨!-嗨!
– [ Whispers ] Hi.- Hi.
-噢,Miles.-什么?
– Oh, Miles.- Yeah?
-Maya在后面,过了厨房♥就是。-好的。
– Maya’s in the back,just past the kitchen.- Okay.
谢谢。
– [Jack Chuckles ]- Thanks.
嗨。
Hi.
嘿。
Hey.
-哦,她有什么好酒么?-噢,是的。
– Oh, has she got anything good?- Oh,yeah.
Stephanie对皮诺酒和席拉酒很着迷。
Steph’s way into pinots and Syrahs.
-嗨,Stephanie?-怎么了?
– Hey, Steph!- Yeah?
-我们是不是想开哪瓶就开哪瓶?-对对,随便。
– Can we really open anything we want?- Yeah,yeah. Anything.