是稠还是稀?是水状还是浆状?
Thick? Thin? Watery? Syrupy?
-好了么?-好了。
– Okay?- Okay.
现在倾斜一点。
Now tip it.
现在要做的是在它靠近杯边缘稀薄的地方检查颜色的密度。
What you’re doing here is checking for colordensity as it thins out towards the rim.
这会告诉你酒有多陈,当然还有其他的。
That’s gonna tell you how old it is,among other things.
通常这对红酒更加重要。
It’s usuallymore important with reds.
-好了么?-好了。
– Okay?- Okay.
现在把鼻子伸进去。
Now stick your nose in it.
-对么?-不要害羞。
– [ Sniffs ] Yeah?- Don’t be shy.
真的要把鼻子放进去。真的–
Really get your nose right in there.Really–
呒, 一点橘子味。
Mmm. A little citrus.
好像还有点草莓。呒。
Maybe some strawberry. Mmm.
西番莲果。呒。
Passion fruit. Mmm.
还有– 啊,好像还有点, 非常淡的…
And– Ah, there’s just,like, the faintest…
很轻微的,像芦笋, 还有–
[ Sniffs ]soupcon of like, uh, asparagus and–
有那么点隐隐约约的,像–
There’s a–just a flutter of, like, a–
像,坚果伊顿奶酪。
like, a nutty Edam cheese.
哇。
– Wow.- [ Sniffs ]
呒。
Mmm!
-草莓。对。-好。
– Strawberries. Yeah.- Good.
-草莓而已。没有奶酪。-好吧。
– Strawberries. Not the cheese.- All right.
放下杯子。让它进点空气。
Put your glass down.Get some air into it.
氧化能将它打开。
Oxygenating it opens it up.
释放出香气和滋味。非常重要。
It unlocks the aromas, the flavors.Very important.
再闻。
– Smell again.- [ Both Inhaling ]
啊。对每一杯都要这样做。
Ah. That’s what you dowith every one of’em.
-哇。那我们什么时候才能喝?-现在。
– Wow. When do we drink it?- Now.
呒!啊。
Mmm! Ahh.
-呒。-你给这个酒打几分,Miles?
– Mmm.- How would you rate this one, Miles?
嗯,通常他们一开始给你的酒都像给有学习障碍的人准备的…
Well, usually they start you on wineswith learning disabilities…
不过这个确实很好。
but this one is pretty damn good.
-这个是新酒,对吧,Chris?-两个月前才出的。
– This is the new one. Right, Chris?-Just released two months ago.
-很不错。-我们都喜欢。
– Nice job.- We like it.
你可以在葡萄酒店工作,Miles.Miles.
You could work in a wine store,Miles.
唔,是啊。可能是个好出路。
Mmm. Yeah.That’d be a good move.
你在嚼口香糖么?
Are you chewing gum?
你觉得我和Christine结婚会不会是个错误?
Do you think I’m making a mistakemarrying Christine?
哇呜!
Whoa!
你觉得我做的对么, Miles?说实话。
Do you think I’m doing the right thing, Miles?Tell me the truth.
我的意思是,你是过来人。
I mean, you’ve been there.
嗯,是这样,我认为你曾经的等待很有道理…
Well, you know, I– I think that youwaited for some good reason…
你向Christine求婚也很有道理…
and that you proposed to Christinefor some good reason…
所以我觉得这是很好的事。
so I think it’s great.
是时候了。
It’s time.
我是说,你得把眼睛睁大点,这就行了。
I mean, you gotta have your eyes open,that’s all.
我的意思是,你看看我。我原以为我和Victoria能安稳过一辈子。
I mean, look at me.I thought Victoria and I were set for life.
Christine的爸爸,他居然跟我谈了…
Christine’s dad,he’s really been talking to me…
让我加入他的房♥地♥产♥生意,传授给我其中的窍门。
about bringing me into his property business,showing me the ropes.
这可意义重大。想想他用了多长时间才接受了我不是亚美尼亚人的事实。
Which is something, considering how longit took him to get over my not being Armenian.
所以我总在想。
So I’m thinking about it.
不过我也不知道。
But I don’t know.
可能会有点乱。
Might get a little incestuous.
不过Mike做的很好。很多高端的商业东西。
But Mike does great.A lot of high-end commercial stuff.
-那你以后就放弃表演了?-不可能,不会。
– So you’re gonna stop acting?- No way! No.
这只是为了生活稳定。
This would just provide some stability.
我总能挤出时间,时不时参加个广♥告♥或者试演什么的。
I could always squeeze in a commercialor an audition here, there.
我得保持状态,万一好机会来了呢。
Keep myself in the game in casesomething really great came along.
我们都不再年轻了,Miles.
We’re not getting any younger, Miles.
对,不再了。
No. No.
嗨,嗨,嗨!嗨。
– Hey, hey, hey.!- Hey.
-Miles!-先生。
– Miles!- Sir.
-好久不见了。-Gary, 很高兴见到你。
– Long time no see.- Gary, nice to see you.
-你的小说什么时候出来?我们都等着读呢。-马上了,马上了。
– When’s your novel coming out?We all wanna read it.- Soon, soon, soon.
这是我的老朋友,Jack.他下星期要结婚了。
This is my buddyJack.He’s getting married next week.
我哀悼一下,伙计。你们今晚去哪里喝?
– My condolences, man.- What are you pouring tonight?
-呃,我们有很多上等货。-嗯哼?
– Uh, we have got a lot of good stuff.- Mm-hmm?
啊,我们有,呃,新的Bien Nacido酒。想尝尝么?
Ah, we have the, uh, new Bien Nacido.You want a taste?
那当然。
[ Laughs ]Absolument.
他们这儿生产自己的酒,绝对不同凡响。
They make their own wine here.It’s just outstanding.
很独特。谢谢。
Very special. Thank you.
呒!
Mmm!
-呒。-你觉得怎么样?
– Mmm.- So, what do you think?
比修女的xx还要紧。浓度很好,原料不错。
Tighter than a nun’s asshole.But good concentration. Nice fruit.
给我们倒两杯,好么。
Pour us a couple, will ya.
对,是很烈。
Yeah. It’s tight.
给,先生们。
There you are, gentlemen.
这瓶留给你了。很高兴见到你。
I will leave you the bottle.And it is good to see you.
嗨,伙计。为我最后一周的自♥由♥。
Hey, man.Here’s to my last week of freedom.
会很好的。
It’s gonna be great.
为我们俩。
Here’s to us.
– Miles.- 嗯哼?
– Miles.- Mm-hmm?
看那个小妞。
Check out that chick.
哦。那是Maya。
Oh. Yeah. That’s Maya.
– 你认识她?- 当然,我认识Maya.
– You know her?- Sure, I know Maya.
– 你认识那个妞?-是的,Jack。我每次过来都在这儿吃饭。
– You know that chick?- Yes.Jack, this is where I eatwhen I come up here.
懂么?这儿就好像我的办公室。
You know?It’s practically my office.
偶尔我会和在这儿工作的人喝一杯,就是这样。
And occasionally I have a drinkwith the employees, yeah.
Maya非常棒。她在这里工作了一年,一年半了。
Maya’s great.She’s worked here a year,year and a half.
她性感的让人难以置信。
She’s incredibly hot.
对,她是的。她很好,不过已经结婚了。
Yes, she is.And nice. And married.
看她的大钻戒。
Check out the rock.
哦,那个屎都不算。
Oh, that doesn’t mean shit.
Christine在寿司店工作的时候…
When Christine worked at Sushi Roku…
她一直戴着大个的订婚戒指,以防男人们挑逗她。
she wore a big engagement ringto keep guys from hitting on her.
有用么?他妈一点用没有。你以为我是怎么认识她的?
Think it worked? Fuck no.How do you think I met her?
嗯,这个女孩嫁的可是加州圣巴巴拉大学的哲学教授。
Well, this gal is married to somephilosophy professor at U.C. Santa Barbara.
教授的太太做女招待说明什么?明显婚姻完蛋了。
What’s a professor’s wife doing waitressing?Obviously that’s over.
Jack, 你并不了解这个女人。
Jack, you don’t know anythingabout this woman.
冷静点。吃饭吧。
Calm down. Let’s just eat.
– 嗨,Miles!- 哦,嗨,Maya.
– Hey, Miles!- Oh! Hi, Maya.
– 你好么?- 我很好,很好。
– How are you?- I’m good. Good.
你看上气色不错。是不是减肥了?
You look great.Did you lose some weight?
呃…事实上,没有。
Uh… no, actually.
可是… 谢谢。
But… thank you.[ Chuckles ]
– 晚上很忙,嗯?- 星期天嘛。
– Busy night, huh?- Sunday.
你们俩出来品酒的?
You guys been out tasting?
哦,你说对了,说对了。
Oh, you know it. You know it.
哦,这是我的朋友, Jack.Jack,这是Maya.
Oh, this is my friend,Jack.Jack, Maya.
– 嗨,Maya.- 嗨。
– Hiya.- Hi.
那,很高兴见到你。再见,Miles.
Well, it’s good to see you. Bye, Miles.
哦,得回去工作了。
Oh. Back to work.
-上帝,她真勾魂。-是的。
-Jesus, she is jammin’.- Yeah.
很明显她喜欢你。
And she’s obviously into you.
对她,你还了解什么?
What else do you know about her?
嗯,她很懂葡萄酒。
Well, she does know a lot about wine.
啊。看来有戏。
Ah. Now we’re getting somewhere.
-她喜欢皮诺酒。-绝配!
– She likes pinot.- Perfect!
妈的,她只是Buellton的一个女招待,Jack.
She’s a fucking waitressin Buellton,Jack.
我们怎么可能?
How is that ever gonna work out?
你这家伙。怎么你总是盯着坏的一面?
You dick. Why do you have tofocus on the negative?
– 看看她对你多亲切?- 她只是为了小费。
– See how friendly she was to you?- She works for tips.
你瞎了,伙计。瞎了。
You’re blind, dude. Blind.
我还推荐鸵鸟排骨。肉很瘦。是本地养的。
I can also recommend the ostrich steak.Very lean. Locally raised.
嗨,Gary.
Hey, Gary.
– 再来点Highliner酒。- 好的。
– Highliner, please.- You got it.
– 我们请了。- 是的,真的。
– That’s on us.- Yes, indeed.
嗨,大家介意么?
Well, hey, guys. Do you mind?
– 哦,不不。- 你确定?
– Oh, no, no, no.- You sure?
请便。点吧,点吧。
Please. Light up, light up.
事实上,你愿意和我们坐一起么?
In fact, would you like to join us?