– # [ Dance: Woman Singing ]- I love you too. I’ll call you back.
整个星期已经变味儿了。这不是我们本来想要的。
[ Miles ] This whole week has gone sour.It hasn’t gone the way it was supposed to.
我想在只想回家。
I just want to go home.
我知道你的需要。
I know what you need.
我知道你的需要。
I know what you need.
这个怎么样?我们还没有喝过这里的呢。
[Jack ] How ’bout this one?We didn’t hit this one.
– Frass Canyon. 笑话吧.你原来来过这里?
– Frass Canyon. It’s a joke.- You ever actually been in there?
用不着来这儿。我说我们还是尝尝吧,都已经来了。
– I don’t have to.- I say we check it out. We’re right here.
它的味道就像他妈洛杉矶校车的屁♥股♥。
[ Miles ] It tastes like the backof a fucking L.A. school bus.
嗯,他们可能没有去梗…
Now, they probably didn’t de-stem…
想假装酒的浓度很高。
hoping for some semblanceof concentration.
把它和叶子和老鼠一起碾碎…
Crushed it up with leaves and mice…
再配上腐臭的焦油和松脂漱口水这些烂东西。
and then wound up with this rancid tarand turpentine mouthwash bullshit.
他妈的骗人。
Fuckin’ Raid.
我觉得味道挺好。
Tastes pretty good to me.
嗯。对了。他们有一种保留的皮诺。
Hmm. Look.They have a reserve pinot.
-我用下你的电♥话♥。-怎么了?
– Let me use your phone.- What’s up?
-我不能再等下去了,我要给Evelyn打电♥话♥。-好的。
– I can’t take it anymore. I gotta call Evelyn.- Okay.
Evelyn Berman-Silverman 的办公室.
[ Woman ]Evelyn Berman-Silverman’s office.
– 嗨, Jennifer. 还是我, Miles.噢,嗨,Miles.
– Hi,Jennifer. It’s Miles again.- Oh, hi, Miles.
嗨。我看看能不能接通她。
– Hi.- Let me see if I can get her.
好的。
Okay.
你很幸运。我给你接过去。好的。
– You’re in luck. I’ll put you through.- Okay.
– 嗨, Miles.- 嗨, Evelyn.
– Hi, Miles.- Hi, Evelyn.
是你最受宠的客户。
It’s your favorite client.[ Chuckles ]
你的旅行怎么样?噢,很好,很好。
– How’s the trip?- Oh, it’s good, it’s good.
你知道,我们就喝喝酒放松放松。
You know, we’re drinkingsome good wines, kicking back.
非常好。是的.
– It’s very nice.- Right.
怎么样了?还是没有回音,嗯?
So what’s happening?There’s still no word, huh?
嗯,事实上,已经有消息了。
Well, actually, there is word.
我早上和Keith Kurtzman通过话了。
I spoke to Keith Kurtzmanthis morning.
嗯。怎么样?
Right. And?
嗯…他们没有通过。
And… they’re passing.
“迷题”出版社没有通过,他说他们很喜欢你的小说。
Conundrum’s passing.He said they really liked it.
他们非常希望能出版它,但是他们不知道怎么推销它。
They really wanted to do it, but they justcouldn’t figure out how to market it.
他说很难有市场。
He said it was a really tough call.
噢,是的。
Oh. Right.
很遗憾,Miles。
– I’m sorry, Miles.- [ Sighs ]
我不知道我们还能怎么办。
So I don’t know where that leaves us.
我不知道继续投稿还有多少意义。
I’m not sure how much more mileageI can get out of continuing to submit it.
我想这就是目前出版业不景气的一个不幸的例子吧–
I think it’s one of those unfortunate casesin the business right now–
一本出色的书却找不到归宿。
a-a fabulous book with no home.
整个出版业都已经没有勇气了。
[ Evelyn’s Voice ]The whole industry’s gotten gutless.
并不是说你的书不好。
It’s not about the qualityof the books anymore.
只是市场的问题。
It’s only about the marketing.
-打搅一下,能不能给我, 呃-倒在这里?-当然。
– Excuse me. Could I geta, uh, pour down here, please?- Sure.
这一点上席拉酒有点特别。
There’s a, uh, specialon the Syrah by the case.
再给我倒上。
Hit me again.
谢谢。
Thanks.
对不起,你能不能给我倒满?
Excuse me.Could you just pour me a full glass?
我会付钱的,好不好?
I’ll pay for it, okay?
先生,这里是酿酒园,不是酒吧。
Sir, this is a winery, not a bar.
噢,得了吧。
Oh. Come on.
就他妈给我满上一杯。
Just give me a full goddamn pour.
对不起。
Excuse me.
你为什么不买♥♥上一瓶,出去喝呢?
Why don’t you buy a bottle,then go outside?
-你要干什么?-我给你讲了,我要喝一杯,看来我只好自己动手了。
– What are you doing?- I told you I need a drink,so I’m going to help myself.
-哼,哥们,你想怎么着?-放下杯子。
– Okay, pal? What do you think?- Put the glass down.
放下他妈的杯子,操!
Let go of the fucking glass, fucker!
呒。
– [ Groaning ]- Mmm.
就这么着。噢,哦,哦,哦,伙计,哦,伙计。
– That’s that.- Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho. Ho, buddy. Ho, buddy.
没关系。把他带出去。
– It’s okay.- Get him out ofhere.
多谢。没关系。他, 呃–他妈妈刚死了。
– Thanks a lot!- It’s okay. His, uh– His mother just died.
你可以再写一部。你有很多好点子,对吧?
So you’ll write another one.You’ve got lots of ideas, right?
没了,江郎才尽了。我就不是个作家。
No, I’m finished. I’m not a writer.
我只是个中学英语老师。
I’m a middle school English teacher.
啊,整个世界都不会在乎我想说什么。
Ah, the world doesn’t give a shitwhat I have to say.
我的存在是没必要的。
I’m unnecessary.[ Chuckles ]
我是那么的不重要,连自杀都不行。
I’m so insignificant,I can’t even kill myself.
Miles, 这到底是什么意思?
Miles, what the hellis that supposed to mean?
行了,伙计,你知道。
Come on, man. You know.
海明威,塞克斯汀,普拉斯,沃尔夫
Hemingway, Sexton, Plath, Woolf.
你不能书都没有出版就自杀
You can’t kill yourselfbefore you’ve even been published.
那写《傻瓜同盟》的那个家伙呢?
– [ Sighs ]- What about the guy that wroteConfederacy Of Dunces?
他在书出版之前就自杀了。看他现在多出名。
He committed suicide before hewas published. Look how famous he is.
谢谢。
Thanks.
别放弃,好么?你一定会成功的。
Just don’t give up. All right?You’re gonna make it.
前半生已经过去了…
Half my life is over…
我却没什么可展示的,什么都没有。
and I have nothingto show for it, nothing.
我是摩天大楼窗户上的一个指印。
I’m a thumbprinton the window of a skyscraper.
我是擦大便手纸上的一粒粪渣…
I’m a smudge of excrementon a tissue…
和成千上万的下水道污秽一起奔向大海。
surging out to seawith a million tons of raw sewage.
看到么?这就是。
See? Right there.
就你刚才说的?就很美
Just what you just said?That is beautiful.
“一粒粪渣奔向大海”
“A smudge of excrementsurging out to sea.”
-是的。-我就永远也写不出来。
– Yeah.- I could never write that.
我也不行。其实,那时布考斯基写的。
Neither could I, actually.I think it’s Bukowski.
嘿,宝贝。
Hey, baby.[ Chuckling ]
-看我给我们的宝贝女儿带什么了。-操♥你♥妈♥!
– Look what I got for our favorite girl.- Motherfucker!
-上帝啊!-操♥你♥妈♥屎一样的骗子!
-Jesus Christ!- You fucking lying piece of shit!
你周六就结婚了?那你给我说的那些屁话是什么意思?
You’re getting married on Saturday?What’s with all that shit you said to me?
– Stephanie, 别打了!- 我要给你解释!
– Stephanie, stop!-[Jack ] I can explain.!
– 你还说你爱我!- 是真的!
– [ Sobbing ] You said you loved me!- I do.!
– 去死吧!- 别打了, Stephanie!
– I hope you die!- Stop it, Stephanie!
一幅猪相!你也是!
Fuckface! You too!
我?
Me?
-你♥他♥妈♥的告诉Maya了,是不是?-没有,我没说。
– You fucking told Maya, didn’t you?- No, I did not.
没有,我没说。
No, I did not.
肯定是The Hitching Post的Gary.
It must have been Garyat The Hitching Post.
我想我们第一天晚上就和他提过了。
I think we mentioned it to himthe first night.
哦,是”我们”提的么?是你提的,傻瓜!
Oh, did we mention it?You mentioned it, asshole!
我这儿真♥他♥妈♥的疼。
I’m fucking hurting over here.
头抬高一点。
Keep it elevated.
不,我什么都不要。
[ Elderly Woman ]No, I don’t want anything.
呃,是我 Miles。
– [ Answering Machine Beeps ]- Uh, it’s Miles.
我必须得打电♥话♥,呃,再次告诉你…
I had to call and, uh, tell you again…
和你在一起我有多么愉快…
how much I enjoyedour time together…
还有,呃,我有多么难过…
and, uh, how sorry I am…
看着事情变成这样。
that things turned outthe way they did.
我觉得你很了不起,Maya。
I think you’re great, Maya.
呃,我一直就这样认为,从第一次你,呃,在餐厅为我服务。
Uh, I always have from the first timethat you, uh, waited on me.
呃,既然我要坦白…
Uh, and while I’m at it…
呃,我想也许你应该知道我的书…
uh, I guess maybe youshould know that my book…
并没有出版。
is not getting published.
我原以为这次,呃,可以成的,可是我又错了。
I thought this one, uh, had a chance,but I was wrong again.
又一次错了。
Once again.
再见,呃…
So you see, uh…
我其实并不是个作家。
I’m not really much of a writer.
我什么都不是,真的。
I am not much of anything, really.
我可能得做手术了,没准儿得做两三个。
I’m gonna have to have an operation,maybe even a couple of’em.
他们要等我的鼻子先愈合了,再把它打开。
They’re gonna wait for my nose to heal first,then they break it again.
哦,上帝。幸好你还可以干旁白解说什么的。
Oh, Christ. Good thingyou have a voice-over career.
我连他妈那种也干不了了。我应该起诉她这个混♥蛋♥。
It’s gonna fuck that up too.I oughta sue her ass.
我不起诉的唯一原因就是为了保护Christine。
The only reason I won’tis to protect Christine.
-你可真替人着想。-是啊。
– That’s thoughtful.- Yeah.
Stephanie怎么会知道是在星期六?
How did Stephanie knowit was on Saturday?
我们没有给Gary说这个吧。
We didn’t get into that with Gary.
呃,可能是– 呃,让我想想看。
Huh. That’s– Yeah, let me think.
-你肯定什么都没有对Maya说?-是的,我保证,我保证。
– You sure you didn’t say anything to Maya?- Yes, I’m sure I’m sure.
你会让人怎么想,Jack?
And just what are you implying,Jack?
我对你所作的一切非常生气,如果你想知道我的真实想法的话。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!