Σ( ° △ °|||)︴
I didn’t start a band.
我并没有组建乐队
I made a record,
我就录了张唱片。
and then we had people were asking us to play,
然后就有人找我们去演出,
and it seemed like a cool opportunity…
然后我们觉得这好像会是个挺酷的经历…
to go to London and play this cool gig.
飞到伦敦,然后演一场很酷的演出。
I mean, we’d always call ourselves The LCD Soundsystem cover band.
我们经常自嘲是一支 LCD Soundsystem 的翻唱乐队
We were the best LCD Soundsystem cover band in the world.
我们世界上是翻唱 “他们 ”翻得最好的翻唱乐队
Because we were doing essentially what a cover band does.
因为本质上我们做的就是翻唱乐队会做的事。
There was a record made
某人发行了一张唱片。
And then we would listen to it.
然后我们就去听这张唱片。
In fact, I was very adamant about, I will never tour,
事实上,我那时很笃定自己肯定不会巡演。
will never do the bullshit,
我绝对不会做这种蠢事。
Like, you know, go away for a really long time…
这种,比如,出去很长一段时间。
and tour and all the stuff that everybody else does.
出去巡演之类的,这种别人都在做的事情。
‘Cause I didn’t want to.
所以我不想。
It seemed stupid.
这也太蠢了。
So there was no conception of, like,”We’re starting a band. Will it end?”
所以也就没有这种 “我们组建了乐队,要怎么解散呢 ”的假想。
And at that time, you’re playing to how many people in most shows
那那时,你们大部分演出会有多少观众呢?
I mean, our first show was a couple thousand people.
我们第一场演出来了大概几千人。
Like, who… I mean…
就,呃,嗯…
Was it here?
也是在这儿吗?
That was in London.
那场在伦敦。
We started by playing parties.
我们开始只在派对上演出。
We didn’t want to play shows.
我们不想办那种音乐演出。
We’d all been in…
我们都在…
Pat and I and Tyler, we’d been in punk bands…
Pat Mahoney(鼓手)、我和 Tyler Pope(贝斯),我们都在一支朋克乐队里。
and didn’t want to go fuckin’ play shows.
当时也不想去做那种演出。
We wanted to play at dance clubs.
我们想的是去舞池里演出
We wanted to play to people who were having fun.
我们想对着那些撒欢的人表演。
We didn’t want to do anything to do with,
我们不想做那些,
like, the whole, like,
那些…那种…
you know, standing-around bit.
大家都围着站着的那种。
Hey!
嗨!
(Win Butler) We gotta rehearse. Quick hug.
我们还得排练,简单抱下。
How’s it going?
最近怎样?
You gonna rehearse?
你要排练了吗?
Yeah, we got to rehearse.
是的,我们要排练了。
We’re doing a show in between when we go on and now.
我们在上场时和现在会有个演出。
Hi.
嗨
Did you guys just get here?
你们都刚到吗?
We just got here, yeah.
嗯,我们都刚到。
We just ate dinner down the street
我们正好在街上吃饭,
while everyone in their white suits was walking by.
在大家都穿着白色演出服走过时。
It was pretty awesome.
这看着不错。
Yeah, this is what I’m talking about.
是的,这就是我说的那个。
Jeremy showed me his.
Jeremy 给我看了他的手环。
You look so dashing, Keith Wood.
你看着很潇洒,Keith.
But no tie though, Keith?
但你没系领带吗?
No, because I haven’t had time to go and fucking buy one, have I?
没有,因为我没时间出去买♥♥一条了。
I wanted a black and white tie
我想要条黑白的领带。
or even a bow tie, right?
或者是个蝴蝶结也好。
But I haven’t had a fucking minute.
但我就是没时间啊。
And then, check it out.
过来看下。
Rattlesnake*5
(“Bye Bye Bayou”)
I’ll see you guys later.
那么大家待会见了。
How much time do we have?
我们还有多少时间呢?
Not very much.
时间不多了。
About five minutes.
大概五分钟。
Five minutes.
五分钟。
Let’s try and enjoy this.
那就努力享受吧。
Are you guys good?
大家都好吗?
Do we have everybody?
我们都到位了吗?
Yeah.
到位了。
We were just saying that, right?
我们刚确认过吧?
Has anyone looked round? We have everybody?
有人走丢参观去了吗? 大家都到位了?
All right, let’s go.
开始吧。
“dance yrself clean”
#Don’t you want me to wake up#
#So give me just a bit of your time#
#Arguments are made from make-outs#
#Then give me just a bit of your time#
#You’ve got to bring the results in#
#You’re gonna play it till the time comes#
#Forget your string of divorces#
#Just go and throw your little hands up#
#It’s like#
#No#
#Honey, it’s me#
#No#
#I miss the way the night goes#
#With friends who always
make it feel good#
#This basement has a cold glow#
#Though it’s better than a bunch of others#
#So go and dance yourself clean#
#Hey, go and dance yourself clean, yeah#
#You’re throwing marks into pieces#
#You’re winning arguments to pieces#
#Oh#
#It’s your show#
#It’s your show#
#It’s your show#
#It’s your show#
#Put your little feet down#
#Hey, oh-ho#
#We should try a little harder#
#In this tedious march of the few#
#Every fucker’s getting younger#
#And there’s a part of me hoping it’s true#
Thanks very much.
非常感谢。
So, this is…
嗯,这次…
this is a very weird experience for us.
对于我们来说,这次经历还挺奇特的。
Uh, in keeping with the history of our band,
那按我们乐队以往的风格,
we’re hoping it will be a relatively weird experience for everybody.
我们希望相对地,对你们来说,这也会是一次奇妙的经历。
Uh…
呃…
We do… We…
我们,我们…
It feels weird ’cause we were gonna play this one…
其实对我们来说这有些怪诞,因为除了现在进行的这场演出,
We played four shows last week,
过去一周我们还演了四场不同的演出,
and they were really good for us and fun…
对我们来说这几场演出也很棒很有趣…
and important.
也很重要。
so…
所以…
And it’s sort of like we just have this one big last party,
这种感觉有点像是我们刚办了一场盛大的告别派对,
and it’s just gonna keep going.
而现在,这场派对又要继续下去了。
This is kind of a pretentious question,
这个问题也许有些做作,
but I think I’d be interested in your response.
但我挺好奇你的反应的。
When does art begin?
你是什么时候开始搞艺术的?
Okay, this is a constructed interview.
噢,我们这是一次构建型的采访。
All interviews are construction.
所有的对谈都是一种构建
Right.
嗯
You can say that all conversation is a construction.
你可以认为所有的对话都是在进行一种构建。
Yeah, that’s okay.
嗯,好的。
So at what point does something start becoming art?
那么,是什么时候,你开始觉得自己做的东西开始变成一种艺术了?
When do you feel like you are making art and not just making something?
是什么时候,你开始觉得自己做的其实已经算是一种艺术,而不仅仅只是某种产物?
Um… That is a pretentious question.
呃,这问题确实挺“做作”的。
No, but it’s like…
不是,就是…
I know you’re a fan of pretension,
我以为你就是这种文艺的人。
so I thought I could ask pretentious questions…
所以我以为我可以问些“矫情”的问题。
No, totally.
不是,完全不是的。
Because you like pretentious ideas, right?
你的确喜欢一些“做作”的文艺的想法,不是嘛?
Pretension is, like, a way to not just play football.
矫情,或者说文艺,只是…是为了让你的生活不止流于激♥情♥。
Like if I think about myself as a kid, I was kind of a pretentious kid.
就比如,我记得我还小时,我也是个比较文艺的小孩,
I read so much shit just because I wanted to seem cool.
为了显得自己成熟,我读了很多七七八八的书。
So I would read all these books,
就因为这个,我去读了一大堆这些书
and as I got older, I’d be like…
当我长大了一些,我又发现…
“These books were great,”
“这些书写得确实很好啊!”
and they actually informed my world view…
这些书也的确影响了我的世界观。
and, you know, like,
就是,就是…
became part of my personality in a totally different way…
它们好像真的,以一种不一样的方式,成了我性格的一部分。
once I got older and was not so, like,
而当我长大了之后…
panicking about image maintenance and all that sort of stuff.
我就不再会为了维护自身形象而去焦虑,也不再会在意去打造什么人设之类的事。
So, like, if being pretentious got you to read Gravity’s Rainbow,
我想说的是,如果为了变得“文艺”而去读了《万有引力之虹》
you still read Gravity’s Rainbow,
那你确实就是读了《万有引力之虹》啊。
and as, like, an older dude, that’s part of your makeup.
而当你长大之后,这本书确实也化为了你的一部分。
When you’re reading Gravity’s Rainbow as a 16-year-old to seem cool,
所以,那在你年轻时,为了装酷而去读这本书时,
who are you attempting to seem cool for?
你是要文艺给谁看呢?
Who, in your mind, is the audience for you as a person…
你脑子里装的那个人,你想要装给 ta 看的那个人,是谁呢?