你和一起上学吗–?-是的。是的。
Do you go to school with–? – Yeah. Yeah.
以拉丁美洲马♥克♥思♥主义为重点的Comp Lit。
Comp Lit with a focus on Latin American Marxism.
哇。
Wow.
这实际上是我最喜欢的一种马♥克♥思♥主义。
That’s actually my favorite kind of Marxism.
我,呃——真的吗?
I, uh–Seriously?
不。我可能是这裡消息最不灵通的人。
No. I’m probably the least-informed person here.
我对此表示怀疑。
I doubt that.
那麽,你的交易是什麽?
So, what’s your deal?
你是爱丽丝指定的司机?
You’re, like, Alice’s designated driver?
老实说,甚至不知道我在这裡到底在做什麽。
Don’t even know what I’m really doing here, to be honest.
你在这儿。
There you are.
我们走吧。
Let’s go.
嗨,萨沙。- 嗨,爱丽丝。
Hi, Sasha. – Hi, Alice.
我想我们要走了。
I guess we’re leaving.
我在伯克利艺术电影院工作。
I work at the Berkeley Arts Cinema.
请停下来看一部免费电影。
Please stop by for a free movie.
好。
Okay.
爆米花。
Popcorn.
免费爆米花。
Free popcorn.
凉。
Cool.
你在干什麽?
What are you doing?
相信我,你不想捲入萨沙。
Trust me, you do not wanna get involved with Sasha.
她是一个篱笆保姆。
She’s a fence-sitter.
你不是给我讲课的人吗
Weren’t you the one who gave me a lecture
关于狭义的排他性条款?
about narrow exclusionary terms?
我被允许。
I’m allowed.
我告诉你,她完全是个坏消息。你会后悔的。
I’m telling you, she’s total bad news. You’ll regret it.
她对我很好。
She seemed nice to me.
“免费爆米花。”
“Free popcorn.”
闭嘴。
Shut up.
哦。。。
Oh…
你是怎麽做到的?
How do you do it?
毫不费力地吐出这麽多游戏?
Spit so much game effortlessly?
所以我们很快就会有另一个节目。
So we’ve got another show coming up pretty soon.
哦,是的?真棒。
Oh, yeah? That’s great.
是的,我知道你有多爱我们的上一个,
Yeah, I know how much you loved our last one,
而这个有点,就像,一样,只是更强烈。
and this one’s kind of, like, the same, only more intense.
哇。今天是几夜?
Wow. What night is it?
因为我可能做不到——
Because I might not be able to do–
这是一个为期一个月的驻留。
It’s a monthlong residency.
所以你可以来多次。
So you could come multiple times.
一个月。完善。
A month. Perfect.
是的。它一夜又一夜。
Yeah. It changes night to night.
这就像爵士乐,对吧?
It’s like jazz, right?
答桉是肯定的。我就查一下——
Of course. I will just check–
你好。还记得我吗?
Hi. Remember me?
是的。哦,对不起。
Yeah. Oh, sorry.
答桉是肯定的。嘿。
Of course. Hey.
我只是路过。
I was just passing by.
你想看电影吗?
Do you wanna see a movie?
不。也许其他时间。
No. Maybe some other time.
好。呃,别动。
Okay. Uh, don’t move.
你好。我正在举办一个筹款活动,以使我的艺术受益。
Hi. I’m hosting a fundraiser to benefit my art.
她很好。谢谢。谢谢。-不好意思。
She’s good. Thanks. Thanks. – Sorry.
你吃午饭了吗?- 我没有。
Have you eaten lunch? – I have not.
哇,这个地方太好了。
Wow, this place is so good.
你以前从未来过这裡?- 毫米-毫米。
You’ve never been here before? – Mm-mm.
我谈恋爱了,她成了素食主义者。
I was in a relationship, and she became a vegetarian.
然后是素食主义者。
And then a vegan.
然后是生食素食主义者。
And then a raw-food vegan.
现在她吃的都是泥土。
And now all she eats is dirt.
是的,好吧,不用说,
Yeah, well, needless to say,
像这样的地方是禁区。
places like this were off-limits.
其实还是有点违和的感觉。
It actually still feels a little transgressive.
呃–
Uh–
那你和…是多久以前的事了?皮拉尔。
So how long ago did you and…?Pilar.
我在这裡窥探吗?我不想打扰。
Am I prying here? I don’t wanna be intrusive.
不不不。没事的。嗯……
No, no, no. It’s fine. Um…
我想我们已经分手几个月了。
I guess we’ve been broken up for a couple months now.
我可能应该说更长,对吧?
I should probably say longer, right?
只是为了看起来我只是从一件事上跳下来
Just so it doesn’t seem like I’m just jumping from one thing
到另一件事。
to another thing.
这是一个伟大的想法。
That’s a great thought.
但是你说它太长了,那麽你冒着——
But you say it’s too long, then you run the risk of–
右。比如,“嗨。我已经三年没有约会了。
Right. Like, “Hi. I haven’t been on a date in three years.
你想见见我的猫吗?
Do you wanna meet my cats?”
等等,你真的有猫吗?-或。
Wait, do you actually have cats? – Maybe.
好吧,你呢?
Okay, what about you?
你们分手多久了?
How long have you been broken up for?
大约十年。-哦。
About ten years. – Oh.
不,我在开玩笑。和你差不多。
No, I am kidding. About the same as you.
嗯,好的。
Hm. Okay.
你必须回去工作吗?
Do you have to go back to work?
是的,不幸的是。
Yeah, unfortunately.
好。好吧–但是明天…
Okay. Well–But tomorrow…
明天我休息了。
Tomorrow I have off.
好。- 我发誓,我没这麽绝望。
Okay. – I swear, I’m not this desperate.
我只是——我有点不练习了。
I just– I’m a little out of practice.
很明显。
It’s clear.
对不起。一定很迷人
I’m sorry. It’s gotta be fascinating
听我说,只是无人机
to listen to me just drone on and on
关于研究生院政♥治♥。- 不,没关係。
about grad-school politics. – No, it’s okay.
我很久以前就不听了。不。
I stopped listening a long time ago. No.
我在开玩笑。- 哦,伙计。
I’m joking. – Oh, man.
我只是——我总是这样做。
I just– I always do this.
我,就像,密封在这个气泡中。
I’m, like, hermetically sealed in this bubble.
这很烦人。-不。很好。
It’s just tiresome. – No. It’s good.
我 – 我实际上想起了我为什麽辍学。
I– I’m actually reminded why I dropped out.
哦。
Oh.
是的,你又在学什麽?
Yeah, what were you studying, again?
影片。
Film.
是的,我熬过了两年,
Yeah, I got through two years,
顿悟了,学术界是艺术的敌人。
had this epiphany that academia is the enemy of art.
我需要停止学习并开始创作。
I need to stop studying and start creating.
和?- 应该继续学习。
And? – Should’ve kept studying.
是的。所以写了一个剧本,做了整个
Yeah. So wrote a script and did the whole
最大化信♥用♥卡♥的事情,
maxing-out-the-credit-card thing,
租了一堆设备,
rented a bunch of equipment,
拉了一群朋友帮我。
roped a bunch of friends into helping me.
发生了什麽事?- 这是一场他妈的灾难。
What happened? – It was a fucking disaster.
我试图成为下一个埃裡克·罗默(Eric Rohmer)之类的。
I was trying to be the next Eric Rohmer or something.
但我最终不得不接受我只是一个…
But I had to accept eventually that I was just a…
现任田川本。
current Ben Tagawa.
这是我听过的最悲伤的事情。
That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever heard.
谢谢你同意我的看法。-好。
Thank you for agreeing with me. – Okay.
你真好。-等。我应该做什麽–?
That’s very nice of you. – Wait. What was I supposed–?
给你。-谢谢。
There you go. – Thank you.
好的,放鬆。
Okay, relax.
哦,我的上帝。
Oh, my God.
哦,不,什麽?
Oh, no, what?
你有我感觉过的最柔软的皮肤。
You have the softest skin I’ve ever felt.
这是由于一生都在逃避工作。
It’s due to a lifetime of work avoidance.
你认为我们应该…?
Do you think we should…?
我可以吻你吗?
Can I kiss you?
本。-不好意思。
Ben. – Sorry.
那不好。-不。
That was not good. – No.
不不不。嗯……
No, no, no. Um…
是的。同意授予。
Yes. Consent granted.
是否确定?-是的。非常感谢。
Are you sure? – Yeah. It’s much appreciated.
谢谢你,干得好。
Thank you and great job.