黄太太,
Mrs. Wong,
感谢您询问可用性
thank you for inquiring about the availability
我们的顶层套房♥。
of our penthouse suite.
我已经审查了您的申请,不幸的是,
I’ve reviewed your application, and unfortunately,
我不喜欢。
me no likey.
猜一猜。
Take a guess.
是的。
Yes.
谢谢。
Thank you.
我想告诉你,我的丈夫
I’d like to inform you that my husband
刚买♥♥了这栋楼。
just purchased this building.
确认♥购♥买♥♥应到达的电子邮件
An e-mail confirming said purchase should be arriving
目前在您的收件匣中。
in your inbox presently.
我相信你会看到一切都井井有条。
I trust you’ll see that everything is in order.
是的,黄太太。- 现在,如果你不介意,
Yes, Mrs. Wong. – Now, if you wouldn’t mind,
你能照顾外面的垃圾吗?
could you please attend to the trash outside?
马上。
Right away.
黄太太,生日快乐。
Happy birthday, Mrs. Wong.
我以为你说金钱买♥♥不到幸福。
I thought you said money can’t buy happiness.
好吧,你来评判。
Well, you be the judge of that.
嘿,伙计们。- 三子!那真是太神奇了。
Hey, guys. – Miko! That was amazing.
三子!- 拉蒙,嘿!
Miko! – Ramon, hey!
嘿!干得好。
Hey! Great job.
哦,好。-谢谢。
Oh, good. – Thank you.
嗯,大家,我想让你见面
Um, everyone, I want you to meet
我们不可思议的联合召集人之一,东美子。
one of our incredible co-organizers, Miko Higashi.
嗨,伙计们。-你好。
Hi, guys. – Hi.
哦,这是我的男朋友,本。
Oh, and this is my boyfriend, Ben.
哦,Miko告诉我你是一个电影製作人。你怎麽看?
Oh, Miko told me you’re a filmmaker. What’d you think?
我以为这是一个真实的事件。
I thought it was a real event.
同意。
Agreed.
我不敢相信工作室让我们放映它。
I can’t believe the studio let us screen it.
这不是很神奇吗?
Wasn’t that amazing?
是的。神子!祝贺。
Yes. Miko! Congratulations.
疯。-嗨,你好吗?
Insane. – Hi, how are you?
看,呵呵,我知道它有点光鲜亮丽。
Look, bruh, I know it’s a little glossy.
但这是我们的,对吧?
But it’s ours, right?
那是我们,宝贝,对吧?
That’s us, baby, right?
那麽,你是怎麽想的?
So, what did you think?
好吧,东小姐,
Well, Miss Higashi,
经过一番仔细考虑,影片,
after some careful consideration of the film,
我很遗憾地告诉你,我不喜欢。
I regret to inform you that me no likey.
好。好的,我知道,我知道。
Okay. Okay, I know, I know.
作为一个社区,我们已经等待了很长时间
As a community, we’ve waited a long time
看到我们自己反映在一个——
to see ourselves reflected in a–
在一部华丽的主流浪漫喜剧中
In a garish, mainstream rom-com
美化资本主义的辩护幻想
that glorifies the capitalistic fantasy of vindication
通过财富和物质主义?-好!
through wealth and materialism? – Okay!
我想你也许能看到,比如,
I thought you might be able to see, like,
超越你自己的势利口味。
beyond your own snobby tastes.
我们刚认识吗?-医 管 局!
Have we just met? – Ha!
看,评论令人难以置信,
Look, the reviews have been incredible,
这将是一个巨大的打击,这就是它伟大的原因。
it’s gonna be a massive hit, and that’s what makes it great.
哇。嘿。
Wow. Heh.
哦,我的上帝。这是一个游戏规则的改变者,好吗?
Oh, my God. It’s a game changer, okay?
现在,当你或其他一些亚裔美国电影製作人
Now, when you or some other Asian American filmmaker
想拍一部更符合你风格的电影,
wants to make a movie that’s more your style,
更酷或更艺术的东西什麽的,
something cooler or more artsy or whatever,
他们突然能够获得资金,
and they’re suddenly able to get funding,
他们应该跪下
they should get down on their knees
向那华丽的主流热门歌♥曲鞠躬
and bow down to that garish mainstream hit
这为他们扫清了道路。
that cleared the way for them.
电影中没有一个真实的角色。
There wasn’t a real character in the movie.
什麽是真正的角色?一个人,有缺陷。
What’s a real character? A human being, with flaws.
好吧,这麽喜欢你?是的,喜欢我!
Okay, so like you? Yes, like me!
我不是在谈论你或节日。
I’m not talking about you or the festival.
我只是表达我的意见
I’m just expressing my opinion
关于你要求的这部电影。
about this particular movie that you asked for.
你至少可以和拉蒙伪造它。
You could’ve at least faked it with Ramon.
当他问我们喜欢它时,你的反应是什麽?
The way you reacted when he asked us how we liked it?
天啊,本,我想死。
God, Ben, I wanted to die.
什麽?我告诉他真♥相♥。
What? I told him the truth.
这有什麽问题?- 你要批评谁?
What’s wrong with that? – Who are you to criticize?
这应该意味着什麽?
What’s that supposed to mean?
对不起。那不是——
I’m sorry. That’s not–
看,如果你不喜欢这部电影,那也没关係。
Look, if you didn’t like the movie, it’s fine.
我不明白你为什麽一定要——
I don’t understand why you have to be–
因为看到很鬱闷
Because it’s depressing to see
满屋子的人失去了理智
a room full of people lose their minds
仅仅因为表现或其他什麽而超过电影。
over a movie just because of representation or whatever.
他们是否也真的很喜欢它?
How about the possibility they also just really enjoyed it?
那会更令人沮丧。
That would be even more depressing.
你太过分了。
You are too much.
或者也许我说得对,米科。- 好吧,你不是。
Or maybe I’m just right, Miko. – Well, you’re not.
我仍然有,就像,馀震畏缩。
I’m still having, like, aftershock cringes.
真?我听说很棒。
Really? I heard it was great.
整个剧院都疯了。
The entire theater was going insane.
我以为我在参加防弹少年团的音乐会。
I thought I was at a BTS concert.
好吧,我相信Miko真的很感激
Well, I’m sure Miko really appreciated
你的深入批评。
your in-depth critique.
在我们在一起的六年裡,
In the six years we’ve been together,
她不喜欢这些狗屎,
she wasn’t into any of this shit,
这个政♥治♥,社区,随便什麽。
this political, community, whatever.
我得到了一个火鸡俱乐部和一个豆腐炒可丽饼。
I got a turkey club and a tofu scrambled crepe.
是我。- 这太噁心了。
That’s me. – That’s disgusting.
我在努力。我喜欢你的头髮,刘海。
I’m trying. I like your hair, the bangs.
真?-折 衷。
Really? – Eclectic.
出于某种原因,我认为喝醉是个好主意
For some reason, I thought it’d be a good idea to get drunk
昨晚自己剪了。
and cut it myself last night.
我应该去修好它。- 不,不可能!
I should go get it fixed. – No, no way!
我可以–?- 也许你可以剪我的头髮。
Could I–? – Maybe you can cut my hair.
我早就该修剪了。- 对不起,我可以得到一些吗–?
I’m overdue for a trim. – Sorry, can I get some–?
我们可以先喝醉,如果——番茄酱!
We could get drunk first if–Ketchup!
我可以吃点番茄酱吗?
Can I get some ketchup, please?
确定。我会马上回来的。
Sure. I’ll be right back with that.
如果您需要其他任何东西,请告诉我。
Let me know if you need anything else.
我会的。
I will.
当然。
You bet.
所以她变得更有政♥治♥头脑了。
So she got more politically-minded.
我不明白为什麽这是对你的侮辱。不是。
I don’t get why it’s an affront to you. It’s not.
她这样做只是因为它很时髦。
She’s just doing it because it’s trendy.
你会改变你的曲调,如果你
You’d change your tune if you
有一天在阿♥拉♥巴马州突然醒来。
suddenly woke up in Alabama one day.
我几乎是唯一的非白人
I was practically the only non-white person
在我的整个高中。
in my entire high school.
我给你看了年鉴。
I showed you the yearbook.
这就像一个摩♥门♥教♥模特经纪公♥司♥。
It was like a Mormon modeling agency.
你从来没有感到被歧视过吗?
You never felt discriminated against?
我做到了,但不是因为我是亚洲人。
I did, but not because I was Asian.
因为你天生的坏性格。
Because of your inherent bad personality.
完全。我他妈的赢得了那个被抛弃的地位。
Exactly. I fucking earned that outcast status.
哼!记住那个人
Mm! Remember that one guy
来自我们新生宿舍的人认为每个人都是种族主义者?
from our freshman dorms who thought everyone was racist?
你就像他的对立面。
You’re like the opposite of him.
是的。谢谢。-给你。
Yeah. Thanks. – Here you are.
上帝,你是可以预测的。
God, you’re predictable.
嘿,天色已晚。
Hey, it’s getting late.
是的。
Yeah.
你想快点睡觉吗?
Do you wanna go to bed soon?
我还不是很累。我今天睡了。
I’m not really tired yet. I slept in today.
好吧,你知道,我们不必马上睡觉。
Well, you know, we don’t have to go to sleep right away.