belonged to a different tribe.
而被砍下胳膊的惨剧
They like us down there, boy.
他们喜欢我们这么做 年轻人
This is a country
我们就是身处这样一个国家……
where the Secretary of Defense
连国防部长……
can go on TV
都能在电视上
and tell the American public,
这样对公众说:
oh, that ‘This is about freedom! It’s not about oil!’
“我们是为了自♥由♥!不是为了石油!”
And nobody questions him,
并且没有人♥质♥问过他
because they don’t want to hear the answer
因为他们不想听到回答
because it’s a lie!
因为这本身就是一个谎言!
There’s only so many places at the table, Gunnie.
棋盘上只有有限的棋子 枪手
Now are you on the inside,
你想成为其中之一?
or are you on the out?
还是继续留在外面?
It’s gonna be okay. Hold this.
没事的 拿着这个
If one of them betrays the principles of the accrual…
“如果其中某人 背叛了大家的原则的话……”
I don’t think so, Senator.
我可不这么认为 参议员先生
What are you doing? Saving our lives.
你这是干什么? 保咱们的命
That proved you were innocent! Nobody out here is innocent!
那是证明你无辜的证据! 这里没有人是无辜的
This stuffs plutonium. Nobody can handle it without dying.
这东西就跟钚一样 接触它的人都得死
You hand it over to the authorities, it’s just gonna disappear, along with us!
如果你把它交给官方 我们只会跟它一起消失!
Unless you want to get buried in the hills outside Terlingua.
除非你想被埋在得林瓜郊外的小山下
I’m out, old man!
我不玩了 老头子!
I’m just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
我仅仅是个手头有几把破枪 住在山上的乡巴佬而已
You happy?
这下你满意了吧?
Where do you think you’re going?
你认为你能去哪里?
Washington!
回华盛顿!
You going to shoot a sitting U.S. senator in the back?
你想从背后射击一位在任的美国参议员?
Lord knows I want to.
上帝知道我有多么渴望
I didn’t think so.
我不这么认为
Let him go.
放他走
They’ve got your rifle.
他们已经拿到了你的枪
From the beginning, they’ve always had your rifle.
从一开始 你的枪就在他们手里了
Recovered at the site.
在犯罪现场发现的
You can talk as much as you want, but in the end,
不管你怎么辩解
you’re going to die by lethal injection,
最终还是会叛被注射死刑
and I’m going to go back to what I was doing.
而我则继续干老本行
I won.
我赢了
You lost.
你输了
Get used to the idea, son.
要学会用脑子办事 孩子
I’m not your son.
我不是你的孩子
Drop your weapons! Put it down now! Don’t move!
放下武器!快放下! 别动
Special Agent Nick Memphis, FBl! Don’t shoot!
我是FBI特工尼克·孟菲斯! 别开枪!
Down, now! On the ground!
趴下! 趴地上!
I said get down!
我叫你趴下!
Could I free my hands, please? It’s okay.
能把我的手铐解开吗? 可以
Thank you, sir.
谢谢
Thanks for bringing her.
谢谢你把她带来
Hey. I’m sorry about everything.
嘿 我对这一切只能说抱歉
It’s not your fault. It is what it is.
不是你的错 事情就是这样
This is Attorney General Russert.
这是首席检察官卢赛特
Director Brandt. Sir.
FBI主管布兰德 长官
Senator Meachum couldn’t be with us today.
米其姆议员今天不能出席
I’m sure we can manage without him.
我肯定即使没有他 我们一样能处理此事
Sergeant Swagger, you asked for this meeting.
斯瓦格军士 是你要求的这个会议
Against my better judgment, I’ve agreed to it as a favor to the FBl.
尽管这有碍我的判罚 我还是同意帮FBI这个忙
What the hell am I doing here?
那把我叫来干吗?
You’ve got nothing on me. I’m covered.
你们不可能从我这里获得任何信息 我是被保护的
Call the Joint Chief.
你可以去问参谋长联席会议
That won’t be necessary, Colonel,
没有那个必要 上校
as I have already received no less than a dozen calls
在这之前我已经接了不下十几个
from highly-ranked and powerfully-placed individuals
位高权重的高♥官♥打来的电♥话♥
telling me to let you go.
他们私下都让我放你一马
But the joy of checks and balances in our government is that I can,
但是欣喜的是 我们宪法制定的权力制衡体制
and am, indeed, required by law,
使我在法律的名义下能够也必须
to tell them to fuck off.
让他们滚蛋
This is about evidence and finding out the truth,
我们到这里来就是 为了收集证据 揭露真♥相♥
so you sit there and be quiet.
所以你给我安安静静地坐在那里
Sergeant, you’ve got five minutes.
军士 你有5分钟陈述的时间
Thank you.
谢谢
This is my weapon.
这是我的枪
No question about it, don’t deny it.
毫无疑问 我不否认
You recovered it at the scene moments after the assassination.
刺杀不久后 你们就在现场找到了它
We agree?
没有异议吧?
It’s been in the FBl’s possession ever since,
从那之后 它一直被FBI保管
hasn’t been tampered with in any way?
从来没有人动过?
No. Absolutely not.
没有 当然没有
You fire the weapon? There was no point.
你用它射击过吗? 没有理由这么做
The slug was mangled beyond recognition.
射出的子弹被损坏得无法辨认
It was, however, an exact metallurgical match.
但是金属成分检验完全匹配
Right. Definitely my bullets.
没错 子弹肯定是我的
Definitely my gun.
枪也肯定是我的
Special Agent Memphis, you believe I shot that Archbishop?
孟菲斯特工 你相信大主教是我杀的?
Nope. No, I don’t.
不 我不相信
Have any proof of this fact? No.
有没有什么证据? 没有
Trust me? Yep.
信任我? 是的
Really trust me?
真的信任我?
Yeah.
是的
With your life?
用性命担♥保♥?
Yep. Good.
是的 好
What the hell are you doing? Put that weapon down now!
你想干什么? 立刻把武器放下!
If you’re zeroed for 600, you ought to aim a little lower.
如果你设定距离是600码的话 你的枪口应该再低点
Ain’t gonna make a difference this close.
这么近 没有区别
Only thing that’s gonna make a difference
只有一件事有区别
is whether I’m crazy or not.
就是我到底是疯了 还是没有
I could keep doing this all day,
我可以一个人在家里
with every weapon in my house.
从早到晚摆弄这些武器
I swapped all the firing pins before I left the house. I always do.
在我出门的时候 我总是把所有的撞针都换掉
Looks right, need a micrometer to tell.
它们外表看起来一样 需要用千分尺来辨别
But the gun don’t shoot.
被换过的枪是不可能用来射击的
That bullet you got out of that bishop was fired from my weapon,
从大主教身上取出的子弹 确实是用我的枪发射出去的
but a week before, at a can of stew.
但那是一个星期前打罐头用的
I did take an oath to defend this country
我发过誓要捍卫这个国家的尊严
from all enemies, foreign and domestic.
抵抗外敌入侵 平息国内斗争
I just didn’t figure
但万万没有想到
I’d end up quite this involved.
我会以被人陷害的方式结束自己的使命
But at the end of the day, when all the dust settles,
当尘埃落定 水落石出的时候
you can’t hide from the truth, you son of a bitch.
你是掩盖不了真♥相♥的 你这个混♥蛋♥
Whatever.
随便你说
Who gives a shit?
鬼才会相信
Nice presentation.
精彩的解说
But none of it sticks to me.
但跟我一点关系都没有
Gentlemen, this meeting is over.
先生们 会议到此结束
Done.
结束了
I’ll be seeing you.
咱们后会有期
He’s right. There’s nothing to prove he did anything.
他说得没错 没有证据显示他犯了罪
Yeah, in this country.
在这个国家是没有
Sir, you should take a look at these.
先生 您应该看看这些
These images are from a classified file showing
这些图片是从一份机密文件中提取的
a village of people in Africa
显示的是上校和他的合伙人
that were exterminated by the colonel and his associates.
在非洲屠♥杀♥一个村子的人的事实
My God.
上帝啊!
Look around you.
看看你周围
This isn’t the Horn of Africa.
这里可不是非洲之角
That’s all hearsay.
全是道听途说
This is the land of the free and the home of the brave.
这里是自♥由♥的国度 勇敢者的家园
And I’m free to go.
我有离开的自♥由♥
Colonel, your moral compass is so fucked up,
上校 你的道德观已经畸形了
I’ll be shocked if you manage to find your way back to the parking lot.
如果你还能面不改色地走到停车场 我会非常震惊的
Regardless of how I feel about this,
不管我对这些有什么感受
these events occurred in another country,
这都是发生在另一个国家的事