You’re a little short.
这点钱恐怕不够
You lied. You said you had $5,000.
你撒谎 你说你有5000美元的
How about we make up the difference with food stamps?
用粮食券代替行不?(发放给低收入者的每月生活补贴)
You wanna buy bullets with food stamps?
你想用粮食券买♥♥子弹?
It’s as good as cash.
这个跟现金没什么区别
You’re pathetic, Smith.
你太可怜了 史密斯
We’ll wait for you outside.
我们在外面等你
Look, why don’t I sign over this check I got at the blood bank to you?
这张从献血站得来的支票怎么样?
Lt’ll more than cover it.
这个肯定超了
Throw in that check you got from the sperm bank…
加上那张 你从精♥子♥捐献中心得到的支票…
and got yourself a deal.
应该差不多了
I don’t get that check till Wednesday.
周三前我是拿不到那张支票的
Listen, why don’t you take a half-a box of shells…
这样吧 你可以先拿走半盒子弹…
and I’ll give you the other half…
如果你在周三能把钱补齐的话…
when you bring me the rest of the money on Wednesday.
我会给你剩下的半盒
Deal.
成交
Damn it, Smith!
见鬼 史密斯!
What the hell are you doing?
你这是在干吗?
Making some money.
赚点外快
Making some money? Well, yeah.
赚点外快? 对
To buy something for the baby.
得给孩子买♥♥点东西
Something for the baby?
给孩子买♥♥东西?
A bulletproof vest is a better investment than a crib.
防弹背心看起来 比婴儿床更值得投资
Makes me think what you’d do to get him in the right school.
让我想想你会怎么做 才能让他上个好学校
So this is it.
就这里了
It’s not the Ritz but it’s home.
虽然不是丽兹酒店 但至少能算个家
Same old Smith.
和你一样古老
Down and dirty.
破旧不堪
Glad you like it.
很高兴你喜欢它
Say hello to Mickey.
跟米奇打个招呼
Maybe I should take the baby to the police.
我觉得应该让我 把孩子交给警♥察♥
No, you’d never make it.
不行 你不可能成功的
They’ll be watching all the precincts…
他们会在整个辖区 布下天罗地网…
probably got some of the boys in blue on payola too.
同时收买♥♥些穿蓝制♥服♥的手下
I’ve rounded up 50 guys.
我已经叫来了50个人
Well, I guess that’s just gonna have to do, huh?
这也是逼不得已的选择 不是吗?
Stop the car. He was here.
停车 他在那边
Come on, what makes you think he was here?
你怎么知道他在那边?
Trust me. I know what people do and I know what people think.
相信我 我知道人们脑子里都在想什么
I always have. Even as a kid, I had this gift.
自从小时候就一向如此 这是天赋
Yeah, you shoulda seen the playground hurt I laid down…
你要是跟过我玩过石头剪子布…
playin’ rock, paper, scissors, buddy.
就知道有多么痛苦了 老兄
Now stop the car.
现在给我停车
Who do you think wants this baby dead?
到底谁要杀这个孩子?
I’ve no idea who’s tryin’ to kill it.
我也不清楚谁要杀它
Don’t call him an “it.”
别用”它”这个字
It’s an “it” to me.
在我看来就是如此
Tell me, Smith, is there anything you like?
告诉我 这个世界上有你喜欢的东西吗?
Yeah, my privacy.
有 我的隐私
Tell me something I don’t know
除了这个你还会说什么
I love it when you talk like that.
我喜欢你现在说话的方式
Can I offer you anything?
要不要来点吃的?
Carrot?
胡萝卜?
It’s good for your eyesight.
对视力有好处
Of all the squats in the city…
这个城市这么多废弃的房♥子…
how does he know Smith’s in this one?
他怎么确定就是这间?
Another lucky guess?
全是瞎猜的?
Nah, he doesn’t guess.
他可不是靠猜的
He sees things we don’t.
他能看到我们看不到的东西
He was once an FBI profiler.
他曾经是联邦调查局的 行为分♥析♥专家
Forensic behavior consultant.
法医行为顾问
My God, how many times do I have to tell you guys?
我得说多少次 你们才会记住?
Details…
细节…
make all the difference in this business.
在这个领域里决定一切
Hey, but…
但是…
Don’t… you think you should hang back, sir?
先生…你不认为最好跟在后面吗?
The leader who stays in the rear, takes it in the rear.
先到先得的道理不懂?
Besides…
除此之外…
violence is one of the most fun things to watch.
暴♥力♥场面是这个世界上 最亮丽的一道风景线
No, no, no, baby, no.
别哭了 宝贝 别哭了
We could call him Oliver.
我们可以叫他”奥利弗”
Oliver? Yeah, like Oliver Twist.
奥利弗? 就像奥利弗·特维斯特([雾都孤儿]的主人公)
Because he’s an orphan?
就因为他是个孤儿?
‘Cause I like the book.
因为我喜欢那本书
You like the book. I didn’t hate it.
这么说你喜欢看书 至少不讨厌
That’s a first.
这是第一次你用”喜欢”这个词
Which birthday card do you think I should go with here?
你觉得我应该选哪张贺卡?
Cute and cuddly?
可爱的卡♥通♥画?
Or the one that says, “You’re becomin’ a man now, son”?
还是这个 “你已经成长为一个男人了 儿子”
So, Mr. Hertz?
请问赫兹先生
How old is your son?
你儿子几岁了?
He’s 8.
今年8岁
Then it had to be large and powerful and…
(这已经演变成一场重量级的…)
Can you believe it?
你能相信吗?
There’s nothing on the TV…
电视上……
about any of this without a trace.
根本没有报道此事
roadside bomb wounded…
(炸♥弹♥爆♥炸♥事件造成…)
We have it in our…
(我们相信…)
Hey. Do you notice that?
你注意到没有?
Notice what?
注意什么?
Look.
瞧
Lame-ass politician rants about gun control, he cries.
听喋喋不休的政客畅谈枪♥支♥管制 他会一直哭
Switch to this channel…
如果我转到这个…
with this heavy metal music…
重金属音乐…
he shuts up.
他就不哭了
That’s so weird.
太奇怪了
He must find it comforting.
看来他很喜欢这音乐
Sir? Yeah?
先生 什么事?
Men are in place on the roof. That’s good.
人已经到齐了 很好
Anybody know what a Jimmy Cagney love scene is?
你们知道詹姆斯演的爱情戏吗(第15届奥斯卡影帝)
It’s where Cagney lets the good guy live.
就是他总放过那些好人
And if that happens in this show…
如果今天也上演这出戏的话…
I’m gonna do a lot more than ask for my money back.
可不光是让你们赔钱这么简单
All right? Let’s kill this mother. Go.
明白吗? 让我们大干一票 上
It doesn’t surprise me that Oliver’s into death metal.
奥利弗喜欢重金属音乐 我觉得一点也不稀奇
Look at his surrogate parents.
看看现在他的代理父母就知道了
No, I’m telling ya, this means…
不对 我告诉你 这意味着…
Go. Back way.
快逃 从后门
My God, do we really suck…
我的上帝 是我们真的太逊了…
or is this guy really that good?
还是这家伙太强了?
Come on, boys!
快给我追!
He ain’t out of the briar patch yet!
他还在我的掌心之中!
Shoot the dog, shoot the dog.
打死那条狗 快打死那条狗
No.
不
Why not? I like dogs.
为什么? 我喜欢狗
Wait a minute.
等一下
Oh, that rat bastard.
那个卑鄙混♥蛋♥
What is it?
那是什么?
It’s the baby’s diaper.
婴儿尿布
This idea blows, Smith.
你的想法太荒谬了 史密斯
It’s the only idea we got.
我们能想到的只有这个
You actually think that Oliver’s mother…
你真认为因为奥利弗的妈妈…
lived near a heavy metal club…
居住在靠近重金属俱乐部的地方…
and that he could hear the music while he was still inside the womb?
所以当他还在肚子里的时候 就能够听到那些音乐?
Yep. That’s why he doesn’t cry…
对 这就是为什么他…
when he’s listenin’ to some headbanger’s bash.
听到金属打击声 不哭的原因
Ridiculous.
荒谬
Well, he isn’t cryin’ now.
瞧 他现在不是也没哭
So this is the only club near where I encountered the baby’s mother.
当初遇到他妈妈的地方 附近只有这家俱乐部
I still say this is a wild hunch.
这还是毫无根据的推测