That’s a lot of nonsense, isn’t it?
这太荒谬了 不是吗
God, yes. Did you bring your revolver?
是啊 你的左轮手♥枪♥带了吗
What good would that be against a ghost?
手♥枪♥在幽灵面前有什么用
Exactly. Did you bring it? Yeah, of course.
对极了 你带了吗 当然了
Then come, Watson, come.
那就来吧 华生 来吧
The game is afoot.
游戏开始了
Get down, Watson, for heaven’s sake! Sorry. Cramp.
蹲下 华生 真是的 抱歉 抽筋了
Is the lamp still burning? Yes.
灯还亮着吗 是的
There goes Sir Eustace.
尤斯塔斯爵士的灯灭了
And Lady Carmichael.
卡迈克夫人的也灭了
The house sleeps.
宅子睡下了
Hmm, good God, this is the longest night of my life.
老天 这是我这辈子最漫长的一夜了
Have patience, Watson.
耐心点 华生
Only midnight.
才到午夜
You know, it’s rare for us to sit together like this.
我们很少这样坐在一起
I should hope so. It’s murder on the knees.
那样最好 膝盖要疼死了
Two old friends just talking. Chewing the fat.
两个老朋友说着话 聊着天
Man-to-man.
男人对男人
So, a remarkable woman.
非凡的女人
Who? Lady Carmichael.
谁 卡迈克夫人
The fair sex is your department, Watson.
女性是你的专长 华生
I’ll take your word for it.
你说什么就是什么
Well, you liked her. “A woman of rare perception.”
你挺喜欢她的 说她”有少见的洞察力”
And admirably high arches.
和令人赞叹的高足弓
I noticed them as soon as she stepped into the room.
她一进房♥间 我就注意到了
Huh, she’s far too good for him. You think so?
她太好了 他配不上 你这么认为吗
No. You think so. I could tell.
不 是你这么认为 我看得出来
On the contrary, I have no view on the matter.
恰恰相反 我对此毫无看法
Yes, you have.
不 你有
Marriage is not a subject upon which I dwell.
婚姻不是我会思考的问题
Oh, why not? What’s the matter with you this evening?
为什么 你今晚是怎么回事
That watch that you’re wearing, there’s a photograph inside it.
你戴的那块表 里面有张照片
I glimpsed it once. I believe it is of Irene Adler.
我瞥过一眼 是艾琳·阿德勒吧
You didn’t glimpse it, you waited till I’d fallen asleep
你不只是瞥了一眼 你是等我睡着了
and looked at it. Yes, I did.
才拿去看的 是这样没错
You seriously thought I wouldn’t notice? Irene Adler.
你真以为我不会发现吗 艾琳·阿德勒
Formidable opponent, a remarkable adventure.
一位强大的对手 一次了不起的冒险
A very nice photograph. Why are you talking like this?
一张漂亮的照片 你为什么要谈这些
Why are you so determined to be alone?
你为什么坚决要孑然一身
Are you quite well, Watson?
你没事吧 华生
Is it such a curious question?
这问题就这么奇怪吗
From a retired army surgeon, most certainly.
对于退役军医来说 当然奇怪
Holmes, against absolutely no opposition whatsoever,
福尔摩斯 我是毫无竞争对手的
I am your closest friend. I concede it.
你最亲密的朋友 我承认
I am currently attempting to have
我现在是想和你
a perfectly normal conversation with you.
谈些再正常不过的事
Please don’t.
别这样
Why do you need to be alone?
你为什么非要孑然一身
If you are referring to romantic entanglement, Watson,
如果你指的是感情纠葛 华生
which I rather fear you are, as I have often explained before,
恐怕你就是 正如我以前常说的
all emotion is abhorrent to me.
我憎恶一切感情
It is the grit in a sensitive instrument.
感情是干扰灵敏仪器的沙粒
The crack in the lens. The crack in the lens. Yes.
镜片上的裂纹 镜片上的裂纹 对
Well, there you are, you see,
这就是了
I’ve said it all before. No, I wrote all that.
我之前都说过 不 这都是我写的
You’re quoting yourself from The Strand Magazine.
你在援引《斯特兰德月刊》中你自己的话
Well, exactly.
就是啊
Those are my words, not yours!
那些是我的话 不是你的
That is the version of you that I present to the public.
那是我向公众展示的你
The brain without a heart. The calculating machine.
没有感情的头脑 计算机器
I write all of that, Holmes,
那些都是我写的 福尔摩斯
and the readers lap it up. But I do not believe it.
读者们也欣然接受 但我不相信
Well, I’ve a good mind to write to your editor.
我非常想给你的编辑写信
You are a living, breathing man.
你是一个活生生的人
You’ve lived a life, you have a past. A what?!
你也有生活 也有过去 有什么
Well, you must have had… Had what?
你肯定有过… 有什么
You know. No.
你懂的 不懂
Experiences.
经历
Pass me your revolver, I have a sudden need to use it.
把左轮手♥枪♥递给我 我突然需要用一下
Damn it, Holmes, you are flesh and blood,
见鬼 福尔摩斯 你也是血肉之躯
you have feelings, you have…
也有感情 你有…
You must have… impulses.
你肯定有…冲动
Dear Lord, I have never been so impatient
天啊 我从未如此盼望
to be attacked by a murderous ghost.
被杀人不眨眼的鬼魂攻击
As your friend, as someone who worries about you…
作为你的朋友 作为担心你的人
What made you like this?
是什么让你变成这样的
Oh, Watson…
华生…
Nothing made me.
没什么塑造了我
I made me.
我塑造了自己
Redbeard?
红胡子
Good God!
我的天啊
What are we to do?
我们该怎么办
Why don’t we have a chat?
我们去跟她聊聊吧
Mrs Ricoletti, I believe!
是瑞克莱蒂太太吧
A pleasant night for the time of year, is it not?
就这个时节来说 今晚真是宜人
It cannot be true, Holmes, it cannot!
这不可能 福尔摩斯 不可能
No, it can’t.
是不可能
Is it locked? As per instruction.
锁上了 按照要求锁着
That was a window breaking, wasn’t it?
那是打破窗户的声音 是吗
There’s only one broken window we need concern ourselves with.
我们只需要担心一扇打破的窗户
Stay here, Watson. What? No.
待在这儿 华生 什么 不
All the doors and windows to the house are locked.
所有进出房♥子的门窗都锁着
This is their only way out, I need you here!
这是他们唯一的出口 我需要你在这儿守着
But the sound was so close.
但那声音很接近
It had to be from this side of the house. Stay here!
肯定是从房♥子这一侧传来的 守在这儿
No!
不
You promised to keep him safe. You promised!
你答应过保护他安全的 你答应过的
You…
你…
You’re human, I know that.
你是人 这我知道
You must be.
你肯定是
Little use us standing here in the dark.
我们这样站在黑暗中也没什么用
After all, this is the 19th century.
毕竟 这是十九世纪
Do not forget me!
别忘了我
Do not forget me!
别忘了我
Watson! She’s there! She’s down there!
华生 她在那儿 她就在那边
Don’t tell me you abandoned your post!
别告诉我你擅离职守了
What? Holmes, she’s there, I saw her!
什么 福尔摩斯 她在那儿 我看见她了
Empty, thanks to you!
没人了 都怪你
Our bird is flown!
煮熟的鸭子飞了
No! No, Holmes, it wasn’t what you think.
不 福尔摩斯 不是你想的那样
I saw her! The ghost!
我看见她了 那鬼魂
There are no ghosts!
根本没有鬼魂
What happened? Where is Sir Eustace?
发生什么了 尤斯塔斯爵士在哪
Dead.
死了
You really mustn’t blame yourself, you know.
你不能怪自己
No, you’re quite right.
是 你说得对
I’m glad you’re seeing sense.
很高兴你明白过来了
Watson is equally culpable.
华生也应该受谴责
Between us, we’ve managed to botch this whole case.
我们搞砸了整个案子
I gave an undertaking to protect that man,
我做出承诺 要保护那个人
now he’s lying there with a dagger in his breast.
结果他现在胸口插着匕♥首♥ 倒在那里
In fact, you gave an undertaking to investigate his murder.
其实 你承诺的是调查他的谋杀案
In the confident expectation I would not have to!
满怀没这个必要的自信
Anything you can tell us, Doctor?
你能告诉我们什么吗 医生
Well, he’s been stabbed with considerable force.
凶手刺杀他的力度可不小
It’s a man, then?
这么说 是男性
Possibly.
可能是
A very keen blade, so it could conceivably have been a woman?
刀刃非常锋利 所以也可能是女性
In theory, yes,
从理论上说 是的
but we know who it was, I saw her.
但我们知道是谁 我看见她了