As ever, you see but you do not observe.
你总是这样 只会看 却不懂观察
Note the discolouration in the whites of my eyes,
注意我眼白的颜色发生了变化
the visible rings of fat around the corneas.
角膜周围出现可见的脂肪圈
Yes, you’re right. I’m changing my bet to three years,
你说得对 我改赌三年
four months and 11 days. A bet?!
四个月零十一天 打赌
I understand your disapproval, Watson,
我理解你不赞同 华生
but if he’s feeling competitive,
但他好胜心切
it’s perfectly within his power to die early.
完全可以控制自己早点死亡
That’s a risk you’ll have to take.
这是你必须冒的险
You’re gambling with your own life?
你在拿自己的性命打赌
Why not? It’s so much more exciting than gambling with others’.
为什么不呢 比拿别人的命打赌有意思多了
Three years flat – if you eat that plum pudding!
整三年 如果你吃了那个葡萄干布丁的话
Done.
就这么定了
I expected to see you a few days ago about the Manor House case.
我以为几天前会因为领主宅邸的案子见到你呢
I thought you might be a little out of your depth there.
我觉得那案子你会有点力不从心
No. I solved it.
没有 我解决了
It was Adams, of course. Yes, it was Adams.
肯定是亚当斯 是亚当斯
Murderous jealousy.
嫉妒杀人
He’d written a paper for the Royal Astronomical Society
他给皇家天文学会写了一篇
on the obliquity of the ecliptic,
关于黄赤交角的论文
and then read another
然后又读到另一篇
that seemed to surpass it.
比他写的好的
I know, I read it.
我知道 我读了
Did you understand it?
你看明白了吗
Yes, of course I understood it, it was perfectly simple.
当然 很浅显易懂
No, did you understand the murderous jealousy?
不是 你明白嫉妒杀人吗
It is no easy thing
一个伟大的头脑
for a great mind to contemplate a still greater one.
去思忖一个更伟大的头脑可不容易
Did you summon me here just to humiliate me?
你召我来就是为了羞辱我吗
Yes.
是的
Of course not, but it is by far the greater pleasure.
当然不是 但这是最大的乐趣
Then would you mind explaining exactly why you did summon…?
那你能不能解释下为什么要召…
Our way of life is under threat from an invisible enemy.
我们的生活方式被一个无形敌人所威胁
One that hovers at our elbow on a daily basis.
他们每天都常伴我们身边
These enemies are everywhere…
这些敌人无处不在
undetected…
无人发现
and unstoppable.
无法阻止
Socialists?
社♥会♥主♥义♥者吗
Not socialists, Doctor, no.
不是社♥会♥主♥义♥者 医生 不是
Anarchists? No.
无政♥府♥主义者 不是
The French? The suffragists?
法国人 妇女参政♥权♥论者
Is there any large body of people you’re not concerned about?
有哪个大规模团体不让你担心吗
Dr Watson is endlessly vigilant. Elaborate…
华生医生永远心怀警惕 详说
No. Investigate.
不 去调查
This is a conjecture of mine, I need you to confirm it.
这是我的推测 我需要你去证实
I’m sending you a case.
我要给你个案子
The Scots? The Scots?!
苏格兰人 苏格兰人
Are you aware of recent theories concerning
你是否了解最近
what is known as paranoia?
关于妄想症的理论
Oh, sounds Serbian.
听着像是塞尔维亚人
A woman will call on you. Lady Carmichael.
会有位女士去找你 卡迈克夫人
I want you to take her case.
你得接她的案子
But these enemies, how are we to defeat them
但这些敌人 如果你不告诉我们
if you won’t tell us about them?
我们要怎么打败他们
We don’t defeat them.
我们不会打败他们
We most certainly lose to them.
我们绝对要输给他们
Why?
为什么
Because they are right. And we are wrong.
因为他们是正确的 我们是错的
Lady Carmichael’s case, what is it?
卡迈克夫人的案子 是什么
Rest assured, it has features of interest.
放心 会有值得你注意的地方
I never really say that. You really do.
我从没那么说过 你真说过
And you’ve solved it already, I assume?
我估计你已经解开了
Only in my head. I need you for the, er, legwork.
只是设想而已 我需要你去跑腿
Why not just tell us your solution?
为什么不告诉我们你的答案
And where would be the sport in that?
那还有什么意思呢
Will you do it, Sherlock?
你愿意接吗 夏洛克
I can promise you a superior distraction.
这绝对是极好的消遣
On one condition. Have another plum pudding.
我有一个条件 你再吃一个葡萄干布丁
There’s one on the way.
本来就准备吃了
Two years, 11 months and four days.
两年十一个月四天
Ha, it’s getting exciting now! Ticktock, ticktock, ticktock.
开始好玩喽 滴答 滴答 滴答
Thank you, Wilder.
谢谢 怀尔德
Also, a Mr Melas to see you, Mr Holmes.
有一位梅勒斯先生要见您 福尔摩斯先生
Give me five minutes, I have a wager to win.
等我五分钟 我还有一场赌局要赢呢
Better make that 15.
还是十五分钟吧
Ticktock.
滴答
Mr Holmes, I have come here for advice.
福尔摩斯先生 我是来请您出主意的
That is easily got. And help.
这个不难 还要请您帮忙
Not always so easy.
这就未必容易了
Something has happened, Mr Holmes, something…unusual
有古怪的事发生了 福尔摩斯先生
and…terrifying.
而且很可怕
Then you are in luck.
那您真是太走运了
Luck?!
走运吗
Those are my specialisms. This is really very promising.
那是我的专长 看来真的很有趣啊
Holmes…
福尔摩斯…
Please…do tell us what has so distressed you.
请说说 您究竟在担忧什么
I, I thought long and hard as to what to do,
我想了很久该怎么办
but then it occurred to me that my husband was
后来突然想起 我丈夫
an acquaintance of your brother and that perhaps through him…
是您哥哥相识 也许通过他…
The fact is, I’m not sure
其实我也不确定
this comes within your purview, Mr Holmes.
这事是否该找您 福尔摩斯先生
No?
是吗
Lord help me, I think it may be a matter for a priest.
天啊 这或许是驱魔牧师的事
And what does your morning threaten, my dear?
你的晨间危机是什么 亲爱的
A vigorous round of embroidering?
绣花绣得停不下来
An exhausting appointment at the milliners?
还是在女帽店挑花了眼
I hope you are teasing, Eustace.
你就爱说笑 尤斯塔斯
What is it?
怎么了
Eustace?
尤斯塔斯
Daniel, Sophie, go out and play.
丹尼尔 索菲 出去玩会儿
But, Mama…
妈妈…
Look, do as I tell you, quickly now.
听话 快去
Well, Eustace, what does this mean?
尤斯塔斯 这是什么意思
Death.
死亡
What?
什么
It means death.
这意味着死亡
Er, nothing, it’s, it’s nothing.
没什么 没什么
I was…mistaken.
我弄错了
My dear, you’ve gone quite pale.
亲爱的 你的脸色怎么这么苍白
It’s nothing!
没事的
Eustace…
尤斯塔斯
Did you keep the envelope?
信封您还留着吗
My husband destroyed it, but it was blank.
被我丈夫毁了 但上面什么也没有
No name or address of any kind.
没有姓名 地址 任何信息
Tell me, has Sir Eustace spent time in America?
尤斯塔斯爵士在美国待过吗
No. Not even before your marriage?
没有 你们结婚前也没有吗
Well, not to my knowledge.
据我所知没有
Pray, continue with your fascinating narrative.
请您继续往下说吧
Well, that incident took place last Monday morning.
这是上周一早上的事
It was two days later on the Wednesday
两天后的周三
that my husband first saw her.
我丈夫第一次看见了她
Who?

Eustace?
尤斯塔斯
She’s come for me, Louisa!
她来找我了 路易莎
Oh, God, help me, my sins have found me out!
天啊 帮帮我 我的罪孽找上门了
Who’s come for you? Eustace, you’re frightening me.
谁来找你了 尤斯塔斯 你吓到我了
Well, look, look!
看啊 看啊
Don’t you see her?
你没看见吗
No, I see no-one.
我谁也没看见
Gone.
不见了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!