Can you tell me their names?
可以
Yes.
还有一个女人 你应该跟她联♥系♥联♥系♥
And there’s another woman you should call.
两位助理是罗威娜·邱和泽尔达·珀金斯
The two assistants are Rowena Chiu and Zelda Perkins,
还有一个名字 劳拉·马登
and we have a third name, Laura Madden.
他们都不回电♥话♥
And none of them are returning our calls.
所以呢?去找找看吧
So? Show up in person.

Yeah.
三个人 三个地 伦敦 硅谷和威尔士
They live in London, Silicon Valley and Wales.
坐飞机去吧
Can you get on a plane?
我跟罗丝一起吧
Let me work it out with Ron.
但是 当然了
But yeah, of course.
文档 查证 你知道我们需要什么
Documents, verification. You know what we need.

Hi.
很抱歉打扰你 看得出来你很忙
Sorry to bother you. I can see you’re busy.
我在找一位叫罗威娜·赵的女士
I was looking for Rowena Chiu.

Hi.
罗威娜现在不在 有什么事我可以帮你传达
Rowena’s not here right now. Can I give her a message?
她什么时候回来
When will she be back?
我妻子要出国待一段时间
My wife’s out of the country for a while.
明白了
I see.
我试着跟她电♥话♥联♥系♥吧
I did try calling her.
是工作上的事吗?
This a work thing?
不是
No.
你一定是安德鲁吧?安德鲁 张?
You must be Andrew? Andrew Cheung?
我是乔迪·坎特 是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的记者
I’m Jodi Kantor. I’m from The New York Times.

Okay.
你想和罗威娜说什么?
So, what did you wanna talk to Rowena about?
我们在调查米拉麦克斯事件
We’re researching a story about Miramax.
我从纽约飞过来的
I flew in from New York.
– 大老远来这? – 嗯
– You came all this way? – Yeah.
我们能谈谈吗?
Um, could we talk for a minute?
当然
Sure.
我一直在和哈维·韦恩斯坦的工作人员聊
So, I’ve been speaking with people who worked for Harvey Weinstein.
所以你查到 罗威娜之前在那工作过
You’re going quite far back with Rowena’s time there.
他对待女性的种种行径
We’re writing about his treatment of women.

Right.
那跟罗威娜有什么关系?
And Rowena fits in how?
你妻子在米拉麦克斯工作了几年
Your wife worked at Miramax for some years.
对 那段时间主要在香港
Yes. Mainly in Hong Kong.
我想了解一下她为韦恩斯坦工作期间 都发生了些什么
I’d like to hear about her experiences working for Weinstein.
你为什么不能在电♥话♥里聊这事 我真的没法理解
I’m confused why you can’t discuss it on the phone.
我试过 但能面对面聊总是最好的
I did try. It is always better to actually meet.
所以…
So…
这是我以私人的名义来拜访
And this is off the record.
我的理解就是…
My understanding is that…
在你妻子为他工作的那段时间
that Weinstein possibly victimized your wife
他可能伤害了你妻子
when Rowena first worked for him.
罗威娜从没跟我提过这种事
Rowena’s never mentioned anything like that to me.
你说“伤害”是什么意思?能说得更具体些吗?
What do you mean by “victimized”? Can you be more specific?
我听说你妻子可能收到了韦恩斯坦方的和解金
I was told that your wife may have received a settlement from Weinstein.
你看我像个对这种事坐视不理的人吗
Do I look like a guy whose wife got a settlement?
你会不会把她和别人搞混了?
Could you have confused her with someone else?
很抱歉占用了你的时间 我…
I apologize for taking up your time. I’m…
你能把这个给罗威娜吗?
Would you just please give this to Rowena?
如果你已经和那些人谈过了 为什么还要和罗威娜谈?
If you’re talking to these other people, why do you need to talk to Rowena?
而且你前面提到的伤害 是什么样的伤害?
And if you turn up in my driveway, what kind of victimization?
这很复杂
It’s complex.
我想请你详细说明一下
I’m asking you to expand on it.
我真的觉得最好是…
I really think it would be best…
你能去问问罗威娜
if you asked Rowena.
祝你今天好心情
Have a good day.
在他面前 我就是没法撒谎
I just couldn’t lie to him.
结果就是 他对一切并不知情
And then it turns out he didn’t know.
如果去了伦敦也是如此呢?
What if London is a repeat of this?
不会的
It won’t be.
我跟英国的一位就业律师谈过
I spoke with an employment lawyer in the UK
他告诉我 甚至连询问违反保密协议的事宜
and he told me that it was irresponsible of me
都是一种不负责任的行为
even to ask about breaching NDAs.
没人会这么做 他们会被起诉的
No one does it. They would get sued.
去他妈的
Fuck that guy.
乔迪 说真的 他知道个屁
Honestly, Jodi, fuck him. He has no idea.
要是能抽根烟就好了
I wish I smoked or something.
我正盯着一堵砖墙看
I’m staring at an actual brick wall
我满脑子想的都是“操”
and all I can think is, “Fuck.”
没事
That’s okay.

Fuck.
有些要记录的
And documents.
劳拉
So, Laura,
我们正在考虑 对你实施乳♥房♥♥全部切除术
we are looking at a full mastectomy.
手术得尽快提上日程了
And we should schedule this as soon as possible.
我能理解
I understand.

Hello.

Hi.
劳拉 我是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的乔迪·坎特
Laura, this is Jodi Kantor from The New York Times.
希望你收到我的留言了
Um, I hope you’ve been getting my messages.
我现在在加利福尼亚 但明天得去伦敦
I’m in California right now, but I’m coming to London tomorrow.
乔迪你好
Hi, Jodi.

Hi.
呃…
Um…
终于能和你说上话了 我很高兴
I’m so happy to be finally speaking with you.
我知道你曾经在米拉麦克斯设立在伦敦的办公室
I understand that you once worked for Harvey Weinstein
为哈维·韦恩斯坦工作过
in the London office of Miramax.
对吧?
Is that right?
你在听吗?
Laura?
劳拉…
Laura…
我能帮上什么忙?
Can I do anything to help?
我现在不方便跟你聊这事
No. I can’t talk about this right now.
我们现在在一根绳上了 你和我一样 皆为棋子
We’re tied. You have the same pieces as me.

Hey.
宝贝 过来
Hey, my love. Come here.
现在
Hey, now.
一切都会好的
It’s going to be all right.
– 会没事的 – 妈妈 对不起
– It’s going to be all right. – I’m so sorry, Mum.
您点的餐
Here we are.

Tea.
谢谢
Thank you.
你知道 其他人也试着写过这件事
You know, other people have tried to write this story.
每次都被他压了下来
He kills it every time.
我们知道
We’re aware of that.
我们不会让这种事发生在自己身上
And we’re not gonna let that happen to us.
塞尔达 你还好吧?
Are you okay, Zelda?
没事
Yes.

So,
你二十一岁就在米拉麦克斯工作了?
you started working at Miramax when you were 21?
对 我是伦敦办公室的助理
Yes. I was an assistant at the London office.
一切顺利吗
And how was it?
一切都很好
It was great,
直到哈维来之前
but it would shift when Harvey came to town.
发生什么事了?
In what way?
每个人对他都是随叫随到
Everyone became on call to Harvey.
这意味着什么呢?
And what would that entail?
为会议、讨论撰写脚本
Script meetings, discussions,
还有更多的私人事务
and more personal stuff.
比如说呢?
Like?
比如 我得去哈维所在的酒店把他给叫醒
For instance, I would have to go to his hotel and wake Harvey up.
给他冲个澡 把他从床上叫起来
Run a shower for him. Get him out of bed.
他一直是裸♥露♥着身体的状态
He would usually be naked.
有时他也会把我拉到他跟前
And he might try to pull me onto him.
– 你怎么处理的 – 逃离他身边
– What did you do? – Fend him off.
我发现了 一个幽默的笑话或是攻击性应对 效果最好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!