Oh, s… Um…
抱歉 我…
Sorry. I, um…
谢谢你的礼物…
Thank you for the gift you…
呃…
Um…
还有什么困扰吗
Is anything bothering you?
除了不好好睡觉 家里到处都是尿布
Besides no sleep and diapers everywhere.
你还好吧
Are you okay?
我觉得很…
I’ve found it quite…
难
difficult.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
工作能帮你缓解吗
Will working help?
嗯 嗯
Yeah. Yeah.
说真的 现在好多了
Absolutely. It’s better now.
– 梅根 – 嗨
– Megan. – Hey.
她们都很有名吗?
Are they all famous?
绝大多数都很有名
Most of them, yes.
我想我的问题是 我们花费这么大精力 能得到最好的结果吗
I guess my question is just, like, is this the best use of our time?
比如说 还有多少受害女性是我们没有联♥系♥到的
Like, as opposed to other people we could potentially be covering.
那些无法发声的人 女演员们已经有了发言权
People who can’t speak out. Actresses already have a voice.
她们也可能担心 自己要是站出来 会被电影圈封♥杀♥
But they could also fear being punished by the film industry for using it.
对…
Sure…
但我们现在调查的到底是什么?
but what is it exactly that we’re looking at here?
我们正在调查 发生在工作场所的极端性骚扰事件
We’re looking at extreme sexual harassment in the workplace.
这些年轻女性满怀信任地走进了
These young women walked into what they all had reason to believe
所谓 与制片人或雇主的“商务会议”
were “business meetings” with a producer, an employer.
她们曾抱有希望
They were hopeful.
也曾期待 围绕她们的工作或可能跟进的项目展开的一场严肃对话
They were expecting a serious conversation about their work or a possible project.
相反 摆在她们面前的 却是以威胁和性要求来满足“他”的一己私欲
Instead, they say he met them with threats and sexual demands.
她们发声 说自己被侵犯 被强♥奸♥
They claim assault and rape.
如果这种事都能发生在好莱坞女演员身上 那其他女性呢
If that can happen to Hollywood actresses, who else is it happening to?
你觉得他的员工也被盯上了吗?
Do you think his employees were targeted too?
没错
I do.
我可以查查警方对米拉麦克斯公♥司♥的投诉事宜吗?
I could search for any police complaints against Miramax?
或是法庭记录?
Or court records?
我是不是应该这么做
Should I?
对
Yes.
我找到了二〇〇一年针对米拉麦克斯的投诉记录
I found records of a complaint against Miramax from 2001,
但报告在发布当天就被撤销了
but the report was closed out the same day it was made.
上面写着“原告选择了法庭诉讼”
It says, “complainant elected court action,”
但是法庭记录相关文件都不存在 这似乎和事实有点出入
but then no court documents exist, which seems inconsistent.
你能不能提供更多信息?
Do you have any more information on that?
没办法了 那些记录早就被销毁了
No. Those records would have been destroyed.
真的吗 为什么
Really? Why?
基于机构政策
It’s agency policy.
三年后 所有记录都会被销毁
All records are destroyed after three years.
什么原因
Why is that?
就像我说的 这是政策
As I said, it’s policy.
你能告诉我 是谁提出的性骚扰投诉吗?
So could you please tell me who filed the sexual harassment complaint?
我不能
No, I cannot.
– 原因呢 – 政策要求
– Because? – It’s policy.
给你透露姓名 就违背政策了
We are prohibited from giving you that name.
还有什么事吗
Is that everything?
这个真的很重要
This is very important.
我们要面对的是 一个在工作场所中权势依旧很盛的人
It’s about someone who’s still very powerful in the workplace.
骚扰事件可能仍在上演
Who could still be harassing someone.
你有什么办法能帮我吗?
Is there any way you can help me?
你可以问我
You could ask me the name of the government investigator
负责这个案子的政♥府♥调查员的名字
who was assigned the case.
我可以给你提供这个信息
I could give you that information.
– 只能说名字 – 谢谢
– Just a name. – Thank you.
我打了二十个电♥话♥ 去追踪这个调查员
I’ve made 20 calls to track this investigator.
丽莎·布鲁姆说什么了?
What did Lisa Bloom say?
她只是说他有点粗俗
She just talked as though he was kind of naughty.
她和我说话有点像犹太人和犹太人之间的对话
She was talking to me kind of Jew-to-Jew
还把韦恩斯坦也算进来了
and including Weinstein in the gang.
噢
Oh!
我和莉娜·丹恩还有珍妮佛·康纳聊了很久
I had a long conversation with Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner.
她们想帮忙 而且她们有很多号♥码
They wanna help, and they have so many numbers.
真没想到
Amazing.
你以前认识她们吗?
Did you know them before?
完全不认识
I don’t know anyone.
四月那会 当我开始…
In April, when I started…
…我正打算离开…
…I was literally leaving…
那位调查员给我回电了
It’s the investigator.
嗨 我是梅根·吐赫 谢谢你给我回电♥话♥
Hi, this is Megan Twohey. Thank you for getting back to me.
我能帮你什么忙
Sure. How can I help?
你还记得那起案子吗?
Do you remember the case?
那家机构有数百起性骚扰案件
There are hundreds of sexual harassment cases at that agency.
这起案件到了你这 很快就被压下去了
This one was brought to you, and then it was closed very quickly.
这很正常
That’s not unusual.
起诉米拉麦克斯公♥司♥?
It was filed against Miramax?
米拉麦克斯公♥司♥?
What’s Miramax?
哈维 我读过详细的报告了
Harvey, I’ve read the thorough reports,
罗丝给人的印象 是一个精神错乱的病态骗子
and Rose comes across as a disturbed, pathological liar.
无疑 她必须停止对你的荒谬诽谤与攻击
Clearly she must be stopped in her ridiculous, defamatory attacks on you.
她很危险 你确实被她盯上了
She is dangerous. You are right to be concerned.
我觉得我有能力帮助你们对抗罗丝一伙人
I feel equipped to help you against the Roses of the world,
因为我代理过太多这样的事了
because I have represented so many of them.
我想和你见个面 详细谈谈这件事
I’d like to meet with you to go over this in some detail.
你应该是这个故事的英雄 而不是反派
You should be the hero of this story, not the villain.
祝好 丽莎·布鲁姆
Best. Lisa Bloom.
我想联♥系♥一下这位二十岁出头 在米拉麦克斯工作的助理
I’m trying to get ahold of this assistant who worked at Miramax in her early 20s.
有一天 她消失了
One day, she just disappeared.
只是在桌子下面 留下了她的跑鞋
All she left were her running shoes under the table.
我还没找到她 但她妈妈住在皇后区
I haven’t been able to find her yet, but her mother lives in Queens.
我觉得是时候出面了
I thought I’d just show up.
– 嗨 – 你好
– Hi. – Hello.
你好 我一直想跟你母亲见见面
Hi. I was expecting your mother.
我去告诉她 你怎么称呼…
Oh, I’ll go get her. Who should I say…
不是…其实…
No, it’s… it’s actually…
我想见的人是你
You’re the one I wanted to see.
什么意思
Excuse me?
我是梅根·吐赫
My name is Megan Twohey.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的调查记者
I am an investigative reporter for The New York Times.
我能不能…
Would it be okay if…
回楼上去吧 去找奶奶
Go back upstairs. Go see Abuelita.
我们能聊一下吗
Could we talk for a minute…
关于你在米拉麦克斯公♥司♥
about your time at Miramax?
真不敢相信你能找到这来
I can’t believe you found me.
我等这一刻等了二十五年了
I’ve been waiting for this for 25 years.
我很想有机会 能问你几个问题
I would love the chance to ask you a couple questions.
你想知道什么
What do you know?
当初 你的职业生涯刚刚起步 一切都很顺利
That you were at the beginning of your career and doing well.
突然发生了某些事
And that something happened.
然后你就消失在大家的视线里了
And then you disappeared.
你父亲威胁着 说要诉诸法律
And that your father threatened legal action.
我能告诉你的是
All I can tell you is that…
我和公♥司♥之间 发生了商业纠纷
I had a business dispute with Miramax.
最后纠纷也解决了
It was resolved.
双方都满意
Amicably.
我们说好了不再提起这件事
And we’ve agreed not to discuss it.
我
I’m…
不管怎么说 能见到你真的太好了
so glad to meet you anyway.
那…
So…
“解决”了是吗
it was “resolved”?
对
Yeah. It was.
有些女性曾与之有过和解
There are women who have had settlements,
她们必然会保持沉默
and they’re bound to silence,
但我们已经写过相关报道
but we have written around them.
有办法可以绕过这一限制
There are ways to report around that restriction.
消息来源可以保持匿名