Dean.
哈维 你想怎么做?
How do you wanna do this, Harvey?
我想做的就是静观其变
I don’t wanna do this, is what I want.
他们也在吗 那些记者?
Are they there? The reporters?
我们都在这
We’re all here.
你要跟谁聊?
Who have you talked to?
我们已经派记者过去采访你了
We’ve sent you who we’re covering, Harvey.
你跟谁聊过?
Who have you talked to?
哈维 我们需要…
Harvey, we need some…
你在和格温妮丝·帕特洛说话吗?
Are you talking to Gwyneth Paltrow?
格温妮丝不在这个故事里
Gwyneth’s not in the story, Harvey.
不如你跟我明说吧 都有些谁 我好以此作出回应
Why don’t you tell me who’s on the record and let me respond to that?
嗯
Yeah.
哈维 这些年来 你付了多少和解金?
Harvey, how many settlements have you paid out over the years?
我们掌握的数据是八到十个人收到过你的和解金
We were told eight to 12.
这就是你说的 这不是我说的
That’s you talking. That’s not me talking.
如果兰尼说了什么 那仅代表他自己 不代表他的雇主
If Lanny spoke, he spoke for himself and not on behalf of his client.
你留有多长时间让我们做出回应?
How much time are you giving us to respond?
我们需要两周的时间
We need two weeks.
你只有两天
You’ll have two days.
事情可以追溯到九十年代
This goes back to the ’90s.
如果你混淆视听 满嘴谎言
If you mess up and don’t tell the truth,
那你成什么人了
how do you look yourself in the eye?
已经九十分钟了 哈维 我们还有其他事要处理
It’s been 90 minutes, Harvey, and we’re gonna wrap it up now.
哈维刚刚对兰尼所说的八到十这个范围 提出异议
Harvey’s just disputed Lanny’s eight to 12.
我们必须掌握确证
We have to have corroboration.
这个数字范围 必须得到确认
Eight to 12 settlements has to be backed up.
你还能跟那家公♥司♥的人联♥系♥吗?
Who can you call at the company?
我会联♥系♥戴维·格拉瑟
I’ll ask David Glasser.
艾什莉来电♥话♥了
It’s Ashley.
接吧
Pick up. Answer it.
好
I am. I am.
艾什莉
Ashley.
最近好吗
How are you?
我很好啊 刚去跑了会步
I’m good. Yeah. I’m good. I just went for a run.
那敢情好啊 跑步有益健康
That’s great. That’s great. Running is good.
我和我的律师谈过了
I talked to my lawyer,
我一直在思考怎样做才是正确之举
and I’ve been thinking about what the right thing to do is.
当然
Yeah. Of course.
当然
Of course.
然后呢?
And?
成为可具名的消息来源以帮助你调查 我已经做好准备了
I’m prepared to be a named source in your investigation.
我必须…
I have to…
作为一个女人和一个基♥督♥徒
as a woman and a Christian.
乔迪?
Jodi?
我在
Yes.
待会见吧
We’ll speak soon.
好
Yes.
艾什莉谢谢你
Ashley, thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
她答应了
Ashley said yes.
她答应了
She said yes.
她说可以
Ashley said yes.
乔迪 她答应出面了
She did, Jodi. She did.
这就一整个离谱到极致的故事
Okay. Here we go with the whole damn story.
开头是艾什莉·贾德对半岛酒店事件的描述
The lede is Ashley Judd’s account of the Peninsula suite.
用贾德所言的振聋发聩的一句话 来结束这一章节
Get a good Judd quote to end the section.
我这就去
I’m on it.
一旦文章成型 我们就会发表
We publish as soon as the piece is in good shape.
去忙吧
Let’s go.
– 喂? – 嗨 戴维
– Hello? – Hi, David.
我是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的梅根·吐赫
This is Megan Twohey from The New York Times.
我觉得给一家公♥司♥的总裁抒发己见的机会 也算公平
I thought it was fair to give you, as company president, a chance to comment.
情况你都了解了吗?
Are you up to speed with everything?
了解了
I am.
董事会开了个紧急电♥话♥会议
The board had an emergency conference call.
戴维 八到十二这个范围 我们现在无法确定
David, the eight to 12 settlements, we have conflicting reports.
我们不需要你提供自己的名字
We don’t need to name you,
但你能帮我确认这个范围是否准确吗?
but would you confirm for me that eight to 12 is accurate?
多少
How many?
八到十二 我们所用这个数字准确吗?
Eight to 12. Are we safe using that figure?
八到十二
Eight to 12.
对 这是准确的
Uh, yeah. Yes. That’s accurate.
我很感激 谢谢你了 戴维
I appreciate it, David. Thank you.
戴维·格拉瑟说八到十二这个范围 是准确的
David Glasser says yes to eight to 12 settlements.
时间不多了
It’s not enough time.
– 这里不只有我 – 没错
– It’s not just me here. – Right. Yeah.
– 你一定知道 对吧? – 嗯
– You must know that, right? – Yep.
我知道这很难
I understand it’s difficult.
发生什么事了?你在跟哈维通电♥话♥吗?
What’s happening? Is Harvey on the phone?
是兰尼 韦恩斯坦拒绝做出回应
It’s Lanny. Weinstein is refusing to give a response.
– 好吧 – 嗯
– Okay. – Right?
兰尼 我听见你的声音了
Yeah. No, Lanny, I hear you.
听着 我不能凭空杜撰
Listen, I can’t pull a rabbit out of a hat here.
我们需要一点时间
We need more time.
是这样的 梅根…
Here’s the thing, Megan…
兰尼 我真是受够了
Lanny, I’m sick of this shit.
你那边有五位律师联♥系♥了我们
You’ve got five different lawyers reaching out to us.
我们不会和五个不同的律师谈这事
We’re not talking to five different lawyers.
让你的人排好队 然后告诉我们你的回应是什么?
Get your people in line and get back to us with your response.
这算什么回应 这就是一本小说
This is not a response. This is a novel.
他们称这些女性是骗 称新闻报道虚假荒诞
They call the women liars and the journalism false.
说这是法律上的欺凌行为
It’s legalistic bullying.
我发回了三段话来反驳他们的这十八页
I sent back three paragraphs to counter their 18 pages.
我要了他们的数据
I’ve asked for their data.
– 我请他们出庭 – 让我们看看
– And I invite them to court. – Let’s see how long
他们多久会给我们答复
before they get back to us.
等时机成熟
Waiting time’s up.
韦恩斯坦想过来面对面聊聊 他正在路上
Weinstein wants to meet. He’s on his way here.
我们应该让他进来吗?
Do we let him in?
让他进吧
Let him in.
我来处理
I’ve got this.
– 嗨 丽萨 – 嗨
– Hi, Lisa. – Hi.
– 都到齐了吗? – 嗯
– Is this everyone? – Yep.
那跟我来吧
Okay, follow me.
– 这就是你要处理的 – 只有五个 来吧 我们这边有文件夹
– That’s what you’re gonna do. – Only five. Come on. We’ve got folders.
我们有文件夹 我们有证据
We have the folders. We’ve got evidence.
梅根 你真不愧是笔杆子
You’re a good writer, Megan.
你真愿意拿你的名誉来赌这个故事吗?
Are you really willing to stake your reputation on this story?
– 她在微笑 每个人看起来都很开心 – 如果这件事发生在你身上 你会微笑吗?
– She’s smiling. Everybody looks happy. – Would you smile if this happened to you?
这些女人都不是可靠的证人
None of these women are credible witnesses.
那这位呢?
How’s this one?
她是个疯子
She’s a nut.
是个敲诈高手
She’s a shakedown artist.
在哪儿 是在线上吗?
Is it there? Is it online?
对 他们也有
Yes. They have it too.
都有
So it’s in both.
发生什么事了?
What happened?
如你所料
What you’d expect.
试图抹黑女演员
Trying to discredit the actresses.
哪里出错了
What’s wrong?
哈维和他的团队接受了《Variety》和《Hollywood Reporter》的采访
Harvey and his team have spoken to Variety and Hollywood Reporter.
– 什么? – 关于我们和那个故事
– What? – About us and the story.
他声称对此 他深感惊讶
He claims to be surprised by it.
不好了
This is bad.
你得加快速度写稿了 我们没隐私可言了
You have to write fast. We’ve just lost any privacy.
我看看引言
Let me see the lede.
我想说的是 我们得站出来带头做这件事
All I think is we have to lead with this.
这句必须得放在这段的开头
That has to be at the top of the paragraph.
– 我觉得留两个人就好了 你觉得呢 – 对
– I think it’s fine as two, don’t you? – I think it’s right.
你们回家吧 我来检查一下